Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Uprising FAQ
Letan
post Mar 20 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

At first, newcomers to Uprising will probably find things to be complicated. Even the veterans of the original RP will witness several new changes to the RP. Since I received many questions about the old RP, I have decided to set up a FAQ, similar to PANE's FAQ, so that players won't fret over the complexity of the RP.

Q: What is Uprising?
Uprising is a faction-based Pokemon RP located in the fictional city of Noverus, located in the mountainous area of Hoenn.

Q: What is an "RP"?
RP stands for "Roleplay". A roleplay is just as it sounds: players play the roles of characters.

Q: How do I join Uprising?
First, you must make a profile. To do this, enter the Profiles section within the larger Uprising Pokemon Roleplay section. Then, create a topic with the title as the full name (first and last) of your character. Next, grab the Profile Template and erase everything that isn't in bold. Be sure to follow the guidelines set up by the previously-existing text, so it is best to copy-and-paste it for reference. When prompted in the profile to select some Pokemon, refer to the Avaliable Starter Pokemon topic. After you have posted your topic, you must wait until one of the Uprising RP Moderators have approved the topic. You will know that it is approved once the topic appears in the Approved Profiles section. If it shows up with a post from an RP Mod telling you that it is denied, do not fret and ESPECIALLY do not troll them back. The RP Mods will explain what needs fixing with the profile, and once you have fixed it and it has been accepted, then you can begin.

Q: Okay, I made a profile, but what do I do now?
Next, you should try to get a group together to RP with. To do this, use the Uprising Discussion forum section. You can post in a topic that's looking for members, only if they say that they have room for more posters. If not, you can create your own topic. In the topic, be sure to explain the "side plot" of your RP and the district or location that you are starting in.

Q: What is a side plot?
A side plot is a smaller story within the larger story of Uprising.

Q: Am I stuck in the district or location that I start in?
No, you can venture off to wherever you please, so long as it is within the designated area.

Q: How do I level up my Pokemon?
Your Pokemon will level up after your RP has been graded. RPs can be submitted for grading here by whoever started your RP.

Q: How do I get a promotion in my faction?
Similar to your Pokemon levelling up, you can increase in rank within your faction. This occurs after your RP has been graded.

Q: How long do I need to make my posts?
Generally, a good RP post is around 2 paragraphs long. Some people prefer to make longer posts, and some people prefer to make short posts. Here, it is best to add as much length as possible. If people create 3 sentence posts, they will receive a poor grade during the grading process.

Q: How do I battle with another RPer?
It is best to battle with another RPer over the GTS+ IRC. Arrange a time to be online at, and once both RPers are online, conduct the battle through private chat. To do this, double-click their username on the userlist. Battles can also be performed over MSN, AIM, or any other instant messaging program that uses text. Once you have finished, decide amongst yourselves who will post it. When posting the battle, be sure to remove usernames from the instant messaging program logs, and try to fix sentences that don't flow together well.

This guide is not finished, so if you have any questions that you would like to add, feel free to do so.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 99)
Living Arrow
post Mar 25 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Hey!

What are the rules based upon capturing more Pokemon? PM a mod with the request?

Also, what are the limits on Pokemon capture concerning level and species? For example, on PANE we may capture a Pokemon of level equal to that of the average level of our teams. If we so desire on of higher level, we must request and make a post that details this with a lengthy battle etc. Also, some species are only available on request as they are harder to come by. For example, fossil pokemon.

Thanks in advance,

LA happy.gif

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 25 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Living Arrow @ Mar 25 2009, 03:17 PM) *
Hey!

What are the rules based upon capturing more Pokemon? PM a mod with the request?

Also, what are the limits on Pokemon capture concerning level and species? For example, on PANE we may capture a Pokemon of level equal to that of the average level of our teams. If we so desire on of higher level, we must request and make a post that details this with a lengthy battle etc. Also, some species are only available on request as they are harder to come by. For example, fossil pokemon.

Thanks in advance,

LA happy.gif

To keep things simple, we'll use the same catching setup for PANE since I like the sounds of that setup. So long as the Pokemon seems reasonable to catch in the area, it's fine. Rarer Pokemon will require RP Mod permission.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

ChroniclerC
post Mar 30 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #4

Read, or the Owl will eat you!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 731

Whitegleam Gym

Who is more in charge of the flow of the plots (both the overarching main plot and the smaller sub-plots): the players, or the GMs/mods?

Let me be more specific.
Are the GMs/mods in charge of everything except for the PCs, or are the players in charge of nearly everything except for major NPCs?
Will conflicts be primarily Player versus Player, or will they be primarily Player versus GM/mod-controlled NPC?
If the latter, is player failure a valid outcome? And I mean more than just plot-required failures and failures caused by monumental player stupidity. Is it possible and - more importantly - acceptable for the Player Characters lose a conflict because they were outmaneuvered by NPC opponents of approximately the same level?
Is there a plan for the over-arching plotline, or is it pretty much "toss the players a setting and see what they do with it"?

--------------------

:porygon: Mine, all mine. :porygon: :noctowl: Read, or the owl will eat you! :noctowl:

[align=center]
Whitegleam Gym

Nothing "Normal" about it.[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Mar 30 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #5

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

I think it's going to be primarally character driven.

This post has been edited by Jaima: Mar 30 2009, 07:18 AM

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 30 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

RPers can control the major NPCs, it's just that they can't do anything out of the ordinary with them, such as making the NPC decide to remove himself from the city entirely, thus removing an entire faction from the RP. If anything of that sort happens, then most likely they'll be told to change their post.

Players can control the NPCs that they fight. Failure is acceptable, since people won't really lose marks in the grade scheme. It's somewhat better if people lose some fights instead of using "god mode" and winning every single battle, since the RP Mods will probably prefer the touch of realism.

As for the plot, I might control some major things if necessary, but pretty much it's "let's throw people into this zany plot and see what happens". So far, from what I've seen in the RP profiles, this is going to be an interesting RP.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Mar 31 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

How many Rps are allowed per character?

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 31 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

Your character can only be in one place at a time during Uprising, but there's no limit for overall RPs. It's just that you can only do one at a time. After it's been completed and graded, you can go ahead and start another or join one that needs more players.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 3 2009, 02:41 AM
Post #9

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

I was just wondering... can a character have a weapon of their own, so it's not just their pokemon fighting, like a knife or something (I'm not thinking anything like a machine gun or whatever), or is this limited to something like... martial arts? Or are pokemon simply considered the extent of available weapons?

Also, is there a specific place I go to post a request to catch a pokemon, or do I just PM a mod?

Thanks!

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Apr 3 2009, 02:45 AM

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 3 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Umbrae Calamitas @ Apr 3 2009, 03:41 AM) *
I was just wondering... can a character have a weapon of their own, so it's not just their pokemon fighting, like a knife or something (I'm not thinking anything like a machine gun or whatever), or is this limited to something like... martial arts? Or are pokemon simply considered the extent of available weapons?

Also, is there a specific place I go to post a request to catch a pokemon, or do I just PM a mod?

Thanks!

Your only "weapon" that you may use is your own Pokemon. I might allow hand-to-hand combat, but this is a Pokemon RP after all, so it would be best to stick to Pokemon battles. Especially since battles get graded, your Pokemon can't gain EXP if you clobber the other trainer with your own fists.

As for catching, you can catch whatever you want as long as it seems reasonable. In terms of levels, the Pokemon's level, it is equal to the average level of your team. If you want something rare or a higher level, you must PM me or one of the other RP Mods. If you are given permission to, it is recommended that you post a lengthy description of the battle.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 3 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

I don't quite understand what people mean when they talk about a "shiny" pokemon. What's a shiny?

Also, is it possible to have a pokemon that is a different color from the norm? Like, with a unique marking, or something?

Thank you much.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 3 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Umbrae Calamitas @ Apr 3 2009, 01:32 PM) *
I don't quite understand what people mean when they talk about a "shiny" pokemon. What's a shiny?

On this subject, I am confident enough to answer. On the others, I am not an RP mod and will leave it to one who is.

A shiny pokémon is one that is a different color than the norm. For example, a ralts is white, with a green head crest and red horns. A shiny ralts is pinkish-white, with a light blue head crest and orangey-red horns. In the game, shinies are encountered at approxiamately 8000-to-1, and are considered rare. Their IVs used to be 30 across the board, but that has changed.

The term shiny is in reference to when they were first found, in Gold/Silver. Their sprites would have a sparkle effect around them (gold/silver were Game Boy Color compatable, but were mostely played on the game boy, which was monochrome). Not all shinies are drastically different from their original coloring. For example, pikachu is simply a darker yellow.

There are differently colored (other than shiny) pokes in the anime and other games, but they generally aren't playable/catchable.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites.html has many pictures to compare/contrast them.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 5 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Umbrae Calamitas @ Apr 3 2009, 02:32 PM) *

Also, is it possible to have a pokemon that is a different color from the norm? Like, with a unique marking, or something?

Thank you much.

As for the second part of your question, no, in the Profile Template it says that you cannot have a shiny Pokemon. Unique markings such as scars for example, would be acceptable. However, a Pikachu in Darkrai's colour scheme would not be allowed.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 17 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

My character has just ended his involvment in an RP, but the RP itself isn't over, nor has it been graded. Can I get involved in another RP, or will I need to wait until the grade?

This post has been edited by Jaima: Apr 17 2009, 01:03 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 17 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Jaima @ Apr 17 2009, 02:01 AM) *
My character has just ended his involvment in an RP, but the RP itself isn't over, nor has it been graded. Can I get involved in another RP, or will I need to wait until the grade?

It is highly recommended to wait until after grading has been completed. If you have been given levels and rank EXP from the previous RP and you start a new one before knowing these, you will have no idea as to what you've gained.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 18 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Regarding pokemon moves, is it going to be anime-style, in which it's pretty much anything the pokémon could learn in the game, or game-style, limiting the moves to four per pokémon, level restricted?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 19 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Jaima @ Apr 18 2009, 04:48 PM) *
Regarding pokemon moves, is it going to be anime-style, in which it's pretty much anything the pokémon could learn in the game, or game-style, limiting the moves to four per pokémon, level restricted?

Pokemon moves will be Anime-style. As long as your Pokemon can learn the attack in the game, it can use it. Pokemon will gain attacks that they learn at their respective levels, as of D/P/Pt, but there's no limit as to how many attacks your Pokemon can use. I'm iffy about giving Pokemon TM moves, but I'll allow those so long as they aren't overpowered. In the RP, you can obtain TMs anyways so later on, so long as it's reasonable, you could gain a powerful TM with an attack that might be useful for your Pokemon.

Example: A Riolu at lv. 5 cannot use Aura Sphere since it hasn't learned it yet. However, say that Riolu was a lv. 50 Lucario. That Lucario could have attacks ranging from Dragon Pulse that it learned at lv. 47 all the way to the attacks that it had earlier on, such as Foresight and Counter. Every attack up to lv. 50 would be accessible at any time, instead of forcing your Pokemon to forget a move in order to relearn an older one. As well, all TM moves that you gave it previously will remain with that Pokemon.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 20 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Following up on that, if it is "sensible" can Pokemon have moves that they should not yet have learned?

For example, I've set up Ivy's Electrike to have Thunder Fang which it should not learn until level 33...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 20 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

unsure.gif Yeah, I guess I'll allow them so long as they aren't too frequent. Maybe one or two moves that are gained at further levels will be allowed.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 23 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I would like to address egg moves. I understand that psychics, since they're initially weak movewise to start with, were allowed to start with one move from their egg move pool. What about caught pokémon? Can we catch one with an egg move, or should we just stick to level moves and TMS?

For example, I plan to catch a Misdreavus which I would like to know Screech. Misdreavus can only know screech if they're bred with it. Would it be allowed, or no?

Speaking of, what of tutored moves?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 24 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Hungry Hungry Houndoom @ Apr 23 2009, 12:56 PM) *
I would like to address egg moves. I understand that psychics, since they're initially weak movewise to start with, were allowed to start with one move from their egg move pool. What about caught pokémon? Can we catch one with an egg move, or should we just stick to level moves and TMS?

For example, I plan to catch a Misdreavus which I would like to know Screech. Misdreavus can only know screech if they're bred with it. Would it be allowed, or no?

Speaking of, what of tutored moves?

Yeah, I'm fine with catching Pokemon with egg moves so long as they aren't a low-levelled Pokemon with a ridiculously overpowered egg move.

As for tutor moves, same thing applies. Feel free to use them so long as they aren't overpowered for a low-level Pokemon and if they aren't slathered over Pokemon teams in large amounts. I was thinking of giving each faction a Move Tutor NPC, but there are some people that prefer to remain civilians which means that they won't get access to them.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 24 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

I'm planning on creating another character in Uprising that has a connection via backstory with my current character, Sagira. Would it be allowed for me to play these two separate characters in the same RP (with other RPers present, as well, of course)?

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 25 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #23

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Umbrae Calamitas @ Apr 25 2009, 12:21 AM) *
I'm planning on creating another character in Uprising that has a connection via backstory with my current character, Sagira. Would it be allowed for me to play these two separate characters in the same RP (with other RPers present, as well, of course)?

You can make another character, but not a new entire profile and all that for the character. People can make their own NPCs, which is recommended since Noverus is quite a large city with a possibly large population. So yeah, go right ahead.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 25 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #24

Future GTS+ PL Rock Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 898

The Team of Rock

Question about egg moves - can we just go ahead and use the egg move if we think its fine, or should we get permission first.

--------------------

Avatar and Signature by Mark 331
+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 27 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #25

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Milo @ Apr 25 2009, 12:38 PM) *
Question about egg moves - can we just go ahead and use the egg move if we think its fine, or should we get permission first.

I would suggest getting permission first since the RP Mods could see your move of choice as being overpowered.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post Apr 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #26

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

Hi! I'm thinking of joining (or trying to join) Uprising, but i have a few questions i would like to ask before i do this.

First off, is it possible to start with an egg? And if you could, would this count as part of your max starting party of 4 (eg. pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg) or as and extra sort of thing (pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg)? I would really like to know before i submit my profile.
And as a side note to that (if eggs are possible in this RP), what level would eggs hatch from anyway?

Another question is how soon into the RP can we catch the rest of our desired party? Is there a limit for this at all?

I am also assuming it is too cheap to have 2 of the traditional game starters (eg. Squirtle and Treeko, etc.) as part of your starting roster too. Just something i though i'd throw in.

That's all i have to say really. Thanks for reading anyways and please understand that i am new to this site but don't take things easy on me.
Thanks again!

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 28 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

QUOTE(Runi @ Apr 28 2009, 12:55 AM) *
First off, is it possible to start with an egg? And if you could, would this count as part of your max starting party of 4 (eg. pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg) or as and extra sort of thing (pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, pokemon, egg)? I would really like to know before i submit my profile.
And as a side note to that (if eggs are possible in this RP), what level would eggs hatch from anyway?

No idea...

Another question is how soon into the RP can we catch the rest of our desired party? Is there a limit for this at all?

That all depends on what Pokemon you intend to catch. e.g. you won't be catching a dratini, larvitar, bagon AND beldum any time soon but you'll be able to get away with a rattata, pidgey and caterpie in all likelihood. All captures need to be requested by PMing a mod and they'll let you know whether you can catch it or not (for a single or multiple captures).

I am also assuming it is too cheap to have 2 of the traditional game starters (eg. Squirtle and Treeko, etc.) as part of your starting roster too. Just something i though i'd throw in.

Nah - you can have as many starters as you like (within the limits of the rules).

That's about all I can help with... *waits for Letan to spank with the DO-NOT-MOD stamp*... happy.gif

~LA

--------------------

+Quote Post

Letan
post Apr 28 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Runi @ Apr 27 2009, 07:55 PM) *
Hi! I'm thinking of joining (or trying to join) Uprising, but i have a few questions i would like to ask before i do this.

That's all i have to say really. Thanks for reading anyways and please understand that i am new to this site but don't take things easy on me.
Thanks again!

1) I'll allow starting off with an egg, although it will count towards your maximum amount of Pokemon in your party. The egg will count as 5 levels of your maximum Party level, although when it hatches, it will be at lv. 5, similar to the 2nd-3rd Generation games. Basically, you're getting a Starter Pokemon, only in an egg instead. This Pokemon is also subjected to the benefits of being a Psychic type, if it is one, or the limitations of the Steel and Dragon types if it is one of those. Also, the egg can't just be anything, it'll come from the list of Starters.

2) There isn't really a limit, although most likely your capture request will be denied if you attempt to catch 6 powerful Pokemon in a single RP.

3) It's all up to you. If you want to, you can go right ahead and use more than one traditional game Starter. If you want to have multiple starters (as your example stated, Squirtle and Treecko), the RP Mods will be fine with it.

@LA: Yeah, no worries. I'm fine with other people answering things for me since I can't get computer access too frequently for the next little while. Plus, since several people have experience with PANE, they can solve many questions here since Uprising and PANE are using very similar setups, only with a few tweaks here and there.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Sorry to ask again, but i have another egg and RP question.
First off, how long would it take for an egg to hatch in Uprising? I understand that the ammout of steps needed is different, but would there be a set ammount just for this site? Would the levels apply as steps towards an egg or not?

And another question is just to confirm that you can participate in 2 seperate RP's at the same time, correct?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post May 3 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #30

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

I'm unsure to the first one, but as for the second, no. One cannot participate in two RPs at the same time.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

What about if you play in one as your main character, but the other as a NPC?
Or would i have to wait before 1 RP is done before RP'ing in the other one?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 3 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I am not a mod (it says so right over there under my avatar) but it strikes me that playing an NPC kinda negates the N part. If you're playing it, it is no longer a NON player character.

There is usually plenty going on in one RP to keep track of. I suggest that you keep with one and wait to join others after that one is finished.

As always, the mods word is so far over my own as to be godlike in it's power over this world.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post May 3 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #33

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Just pretend the "Hungry Hungry Houndoom" was written by "Michael Weston" and you've got the basic idea. No, you can only RP in one thread at a time.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post May 3 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Thanks for clearing that up for me happy.gif
The egg question isn't very important, and i guess i can wait for Letan or another person who can answer the question to wel...answer it?
Thanks again!

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Letan
post May 4 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #35

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Runi @ May 3 2009, 05:11 PM) *
Sorry to ask again, but i have another egg and RP question.
First off, how long would it take for an egg to hatch in Uprising? I understand that the ammout of steps needed is different, but would there be a set ammount just for this site? Would the levels apply as steps towards an egg or not?

And another question is just to confirm that you can participate in 2 seperate RP's at the same time, correct?

The time that it takes is all up to you, so long as it seems reasonable. (Example: An egg hatching not even five minutes after it was obtained would not be all that reasonable).

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 9 2009, 04:18 PM
Post #36

I'm what you get when you eat you are own soul.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 055

*is on FEP more*

Quick question. Is it really limited to one egg move? I chose an Abra, and understand that it was going to be weak until it Kadabra'd. But I can still access another egg move, right? I mean, we should be able to get those moves later on, at least.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 9 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #37

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Colonel Crazy @ May 9 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Quick question. Is it really limited to one egg move? I chose an Abra, and understand that it was going to be weak until it Kadabra'd. But I can still access another egg move, right? I mean, we should be able to get those moves later on, at least.

You couldn't give it another egg move, since they only get one, although you could give it a Tutor Move (Tutor Moves explained at the top of Page 2 of this topic) since Abra is pretty much dead weight as a starter due to its lack of attacks. I'm fine with people giving their Abras an egg move and a tutor move or two, similarly to how I allowed Wynaut to start off with Mirror Coat and Counter. Both of those Pokemon are difficult for RPers to start off with. unsure.gif

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 10 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #38

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

QUOTE(Letan @ May 9 2009, 05:56 PM) *

You couldn't give it another egg move, since they only get one, although you could give it a Tutor Move (Tutor Moves explained at the top of Page 2 of this topic) since Abra is pretty much dead weight as a starter due to its lack of attacks. I'm fine with people giving their Abras an egg move and a tutor move or two, similarly to how I allowed Wynaut to start off with Mirror Coat and Counter. Both of those Pokemon are difficult for RPers to start off with. unsure.gif

Okay. But when Abra reaches Kababra level, can I not have him use one more egg move? At that point, it's far from dead weight.

Also, I was talking with Doc about Porygon. Since it's made of code, can you potentially have it download a new skin? I'd have it used to give RAM several colour schemes, temporarily and such. The main problem with this that I see is that it's something of a subversion of shiny Pokemon, and people might mess with it too much. :\

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 11 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Colonel Crazy @ May 10 2009, 12:57 PM) *
QUOTE(Letan @ May 9 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Okay. But when Abra reaches Kababra level, can I not have him use one more egg move? At that point, it's far from dead weight.

Also, I was talking with Doc about Porygon. Since it's made of code, can you potentially have it download a new skin? I'd have it used to give RAM several colour schemes, temporarily and such. The main problem with this that I see is that it's something of a subversion of shiny Pokemon, and people might mess with it too much. :\

Yeah, I'm fine with Egg Moves being learned as level-up moves later on. Like many things, so long as there aren't 5 being gained simultaneously (example: new attack at lv. 4, new attack at lv. 5, new attack at lv. 6, and so on) then it's fine.

Also, I don't see why not for the Porygon idea. It sounds like a cool idea. I'm cool with people using it. It could add in an interesting element to stealth and disguise.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post May 18 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

Ah, that's good. Much fun will be had. Again on the topic of Porygon, what do I do with evolution? Seeing as just logging into the internet and seeing that there's a new patch for Porygon out would be an easy way to evolve, yet I'm guessing you don't want people with level 9 Porygon-Zs just going about.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 19 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Colonel Crazy @ May 18 2009, 11:06 PM) *
Ah, that's good. Much fun will be had. Again on the topic of Porygon, what do I do with evolution? Seeing as just logging into the internet and seeing that there's a new patch for Porygon out would be an easy way to evolve, yet I'm guessing you don't want people with level 9 Porygon-Zs just going about.

Yeah, you can decide when you evolve it, so long as it's not rushed. Happiness evolution Pokemon also apply to this. I know that I'm gunna wait until my Riolu is around lv. 20 or so until I evolve it. Getting the Upgrades via download would be a neat idea. For other item evolutions, I'll just let people come across the items within their RP, probably by purchasing them, gaining them from missions, or some other method.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post May 24 2009, 03:03 AM
Post #42

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

I'm not sure if this question was asked,
When a mission is made, and let's say, hypothetically, a rebel is caught inside of Groudon's thumb.
How does that work?
Does another RPer as a Magma catch the rebel, or does the RPer as the rebel have to make the scenario as to him being caught?

It's not a very clear question, but that's the best way I can word it.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 24 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(knil1 @ May 24 2009, 04:03 AM) *
I'm not sure if this question was asked,
When a mission is made, and let's say, hypothetically, a rebel is caught inside of Groudon's thumb.
How does that work?
Does another RPer as a Magma catch the rebel, or does the RPer as the rebel have to make the scenario as to him being caught?

It's not a very clear question, but that's the best way I can word it.

You can do it however you want to. When you make an RP, you can use the Discussion topic to discuss with fellow RPers as to who's the antagonist. Some people may want actual RPers as the enemies, or some people may want NPCs as enemies.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post May 24 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Dream Party

ok, cool.

And just to be clear, NPC's are the group leaders like Whitney, Lucy, etc?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post May 24 2009, 01:07 PM
Post #45

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

They're anyone from the group leaders (who a lowly Recruit/Civilian like you is unlikely to see right now) to the Pokemon Center nurse to a bum on the street to anybody. Remember, an NPC is a non-player character. It's anybody who's not the player.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post May 24 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Dream Party

ok, thanks. ^_^.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 13 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #47

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

I have a question.

How would one go about typing out a lengthy or semi-lengthy conversation between their character and their pokemon?

Basically, which would be more prudent to use:

Falling back on the "easy out" of telepathy, even if the pokemon is not a Psychic-type,

OR

Typing out the pokemon's unique speech patterns based on their individual species and having the trainer respond as if they understand?

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 14 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jun 13 2009, 07:43 PM) *
I have a question.

How would one go about typing out a lengthy or semi-lengthy conversation between their character and their pokemon?

Basically, which would be more prudent to use:

Falling back on the "easy out" of telepathy, even if the pokemon is not a Psychic-type,

OR

Typing out the pokemon's unique speech patterns based on their individual species and having the trainer respond as if they understand?

That's all up to you. I've become a bit iffy about the whole telepathy thing. If it isn't a Psychic-type, it doesn't really fit in. I'm fine with Pokemon being able to "read their Trainer's thoughts", which could pretty much be telepathy if the Trainer "thinks" of words as if they were speaking.

For non-Psychic types, the latter would probably be best. Or hey, you could even write the Pokemon's words or thoughts as human speech, even though the Trainer may or may not understand them. In other RPs I've seen people use that in cases such as a Pokemon being separated from its Trainer, and it worked pretty well.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 14 2009, 08:37 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

What about ghost types? The one that I have seems to have a ton of psychic attacks, would it be acceptable for her to be able to speak the same way a psychic would, but not be able to hear the way a psychic does? Like she can speak to minds, but must be spoken to in voice?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 15 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Hungry Hungry Houndoom @ Jun 14 2009, 09:37 PM) *
What about ghost types? The one that I have seems to have a ton of psychic attacks, would it be acceptable for her to be able to speak the same way a psychic would, but not be able to hear the way a psychic does? Like she can speak to minds, but must be spoken to in voice?

Yeah, I'm fine with Ghost-types being included as well. The Pokemon would be able to communicate with someone's mind, but would have to verbally be spoken to.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 15 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

Dream Party

Does Uprising have an RP Grading thread like PANE does?

And if there is, where is it?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 15 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(knil1 @ Jun 15 2009, 09:45 PM) *
Does Uprising have an RP Grading thread like PANE does?

And if there is, where is it?

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=5888

It's pinned in Uprising Discussion.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 18 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Dream Party

In the RP i've created, I came up with a magma vehicle that isn't listed in the Magma Vehicle list.

It's considered a smaller transportation vehicle that's pretty much used as a car. I made it up without it occuring to me that it may be against the rules. (In the RP it's called a Magma Cruiser)

Would it be ok in the RP or should I change the vehicle to something else?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 18 2009, 07:36 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(knil1 @ Jun 18 2009, 08:25 PM) *
In the RP i've created, I came up with a magma vehicle that isn't listed in the Magma Vehicle list.

It's considered a smaller transportation vehicle that's pretty much used as a car. I made it up without it occuring to me that it may be against the rules. (In the RP it's called a Magma Cruiser)

Would it be ok in the RP or should I change the vehicle to something else?

No no, it's fine. I just set up the Vehicle Guide for ideas in case people wanted to use those in their RPs, or if they needed a brief idea as to the types of vehicles that are used in Uprising.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 18 2009, 07:51 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Dream Party

Ok, Thanks ^_^.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 21 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.

The Phantom Parade!

I have another question: are there any Team Magma prisons other than the one at The Keep?

I've already figured that this probably won't affect the RP I'm in, but it would be helpful in establishing a detail in the back story found in my character's profile.

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jun 21 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jun 21 2009, 02:36 PM) *
I have another question: are there any Team Magma prisons other than the one at The Keep?

I've already figured that this probably won't affect the RP I'm in, but it would be helpful in establishing a detail in the back story found in my character's profile.

The Keep is the only one, since maintaining numerous smaller prisons would be too much of a hassle for Magma.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 22 2009, 11:39 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(Letan @ Jun 21 2009, 06:52 PM) *
QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jun 21 2009, 02:36 PM) *

The Keep is the only one, since maintaining numerous smaller prisons would be too much of a hassle for Magma.

Oh. Dear. I was completely wrong about this not affecting the RP. The possible choices we can make and perhaps even the eventual direction of the plot are most likely going to be changed drastically because of this. (I'm a part of the RP that knil1 has created, by the way.)

I hope this doesn't end up having too much of a negative effect on the RP's grade...

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 24 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Dream Party

This actually plays no significance to the RP, but out of curiosity...

Does the rebellion have a specific pokemon type?
Magma = Fire
Aqua = Water
Rebellion = ?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jun 24 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Well, the banner is green...

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Jun 30 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #61

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

QUOTE(knil1 @ Jun 24 2009, 07:03 PM) *
This actually plays no significance to the RP, but out of curiosity...

Does the rebellion have a specific pokemon type?
Magma = Fire
Aqua = Water
Rebellion = ?

No, from my knowledge, the Rebellion does not have a specific Pokemon type. They are the most diverse of the teams.

I'd say types that seem close to each other, such as Water and Ice, should be on the same team.
So it would then be:

Magma = Fire (Possible Rock and Ground as well)
Aqua = Water and Ice
Rebellion = Any

Hope that helps.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jul 2 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Two questions:

1) You do your research, follow the catching guidelines, and catch a pokemon in a post. Do you need to edit your character's profile to include the information about the new pokemon? And if so, how soon should you contact a mod so you can edit your profile?

2) This one's as much a suggestion as it is a question. Would it be acceptable for two people in the same RP to get together in a private chat, role play a two-sided conversation, and then arrange for one of them to post the resulting conversation? (Personally, I think this would be a great way to either impart important plot information from one character to another or reveal pieces of one character's back story to another character without having to resort to multiple posts or bunnying.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 2 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jul 2 2009, 10:31 PM) *
Two questions:

1) You do your research, follow the catching guidelines, and catch a pokemon in a post. Do you need to edit your character's profile to include the information about the new pokemon? And if so, how soon should you contact a mod so you can edit your profile?

2) This one's as much a suggestion as it is a question. Would it be acceptable for two people in the same RP to get together in a private chat, role play a two-sided conversation, and then arrange for one of them to post the resulting conversation? (Personally, I think this would be a great way to either impart important plot information from one character to another or reveal pieces of one character's back story to another character without having to resort to multiple posts or bunnying.)

1) I need to get around to making an RP Progress Tracking topic. Now that I'm able to get online, I'll try to get it done before I got job hunting.

2) Yeah, that would be good. Go right ahead.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Euphraim
post Jul 7 2009, 08:26 PM
Post #64

Ace Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 42 927

Dream Team

Will you allow a starter Pichu to start with the special egg move Volt Tackle? The main reason I'm asking this is because the only way for a Pichu and in effect Pikachu to ever learn Volt Tackle is to have it as a special egg move. And the reason I consider it a special egg move is because the move can be learned even if the parents don't know it.

This post has been edited by Euphraim: Jul 8 2009, 02:00 AM

--------------------
I don't have to say anything.
Here is a link to my party. You don't have to click them.

PANE (click to show)

Shadow Umbreon and Shadow Umbreon Ball by Pikalover10.
umbreon.gif

What am I (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 8 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #65

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Euphraim @ Jul 7 2009, 09:26 PM) *
Will you allow a starter Pichu to start with the special egg move Volt Tackle? The main reason I'm asking this is because the only way for a Pichu and in effect Pikachu to ever learn Volt Tackle is to have it as a special egg move. And the reason I consider it a special egg move is because the move can be learned even if the parents don't know it.

I miiiiiight allow it if you were to catch the Pichu later on in the RP, when your Pokemon are stronger. But for just starting off, Volt Tackle is ridiculously overpowered.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Euphraim
post Jul 8 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #66

Ace Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Team

Had a feeling that was what you were going to say. Will you allow Volt Tackle to be learned as a Tutor move were the Pokémon has to be at least level 30 for it to be able to learn it?

I'll take the silence as a no.

This post has been edited by Euphraim: Jul 9 2009, 08:32 PM

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

umbreon.gif

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 9 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #67

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Euphraim @ Jul 8 2009, 02:16 PM) *
Had a feeling that was what you were going to say. Will you allow Volt Tackle to be learned as a Tutor move were the Pokémon has to be at least level 30 for it to be able to learn it?

I'll take the silence as a no.

I'm thinking of some way to make Move Tutor moves accessible without them being abused too much. As I said in the 2nd page of the FAQ, I originally thought of giving each Faction a Move Tutor, but I'm thinking of just letting people learn the moves at a later level, so long as they get a Mod's permission. Again, not too sure on how this will work out, I'll have to take it up with the rest of the RP Staff.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 10 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #68

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

I'm kinda new to this so I have some questions:

1. Do previous RP's take effect in future RP's? An example would be if when RP'd with someone and then when the RP ends, another starts. I join it and the same person who we RP'd in the previous thread also joins. Does my character already knows him or is it like if they never met?

2. How do Fossil Pokemon work in the RP's? Are they found in the wild normally (wouldn't make much sense since they're exctint) or do I have to obtain it's fossil, somehow, and revive them? If it's the last option what level are they when revived?

That's it for now, thank you in advance!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 10 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #69

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

I can answer question number one, but question number two must be left to the RP Mods.

Yes, if your character has met another character in a previous RP, then they will know each other in any following RPs. For example, from the RP's I've been involved with, my first one was Temimesdik Birger. In it Jay met Seymour and Maeko, but not Blank. If, in the future, Seymour and jay are in the same RP, they will recognize each other. If Blank and Jay are in the same RP, they won't because they didn't interact.

A lot of times the same people sign up for multiple RPs in a row, to establish long term interactions with each other.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 10 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(BloodWolf @ Jul 10 2009, 09:19 AM) *
2. How do Fossil Pokemon work in the RP's? Are they found in the wild normally (wouldn't make much sense since they're exctint) or do I have to obtain it's fossil, somehow, and revive them? If it's the last option what level are they when revived?

That's it for now, thank you in advance!

I've thought of just making them catchable in the wild, but they'd be considered rare. Whenever you plan on catching one, be sure to ask for permission first.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Rasu
post Jul 10 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #71

Get-A-Load-Of-This-Guy Cam
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 272

Active Squad

Oh OK Thanks to both happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jul 11 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #72

Group Icon

Dream Party

What should I do if someone in the RP I'm hosting hasn't been active for a long time? I have sent PMs telling them to post.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

ChipmunkCyborg
post Jul 14 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 33 975

Active Squad

*Pops out of a hole*Will you be able to play it on a Wii?

--------------------
We need members in this forum ------> www.wiiswap.roflforum.net share ur friend codes here!
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 14 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

Knil - If it has been over a week and you have tried all you can, let an RP Mod know and we'll sort it.

dilligaf - I think you are very confused. This is a text-based roleplay... not an actual roleplaying computer game...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 14 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #75

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

Also, I would strongly recommend that you use something other than a Wii to type up posts, because the Wii wasn't really meant for typing stuff. unsure.gif Primarily, your arm will break off by the time you're halfway done your first post. Also, the Wii lacks spell-checking, and you can't get a good sense of how much you're typing when you input text on a Wii. You could think that you've made several paragraphs, when really you've only done about one or so.

Or if you're thinking that this is a flash game, or something of the sort, please read the first page of the FAQ. It explains what the RP is, along with several general items of interest.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post Jul 25 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #76

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

My character is currently a civilian, and i would like her to become a rebel eventually. She is already in one RP, and i don't plan on joining the faction until my second one. Would it be possible to play as Elder Boscorelli (or rather, one of his pokemon) and be recruited at the start of the second RP in a lengthy post before meeting up with the others? Or do i have to go around in another way to be recruited?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 25 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #77

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

You can pretty much get recruited however you see fit. As for controlling a major NPC, I'd suggest that you don't excessively control them as if they were your main character. But yeah, it's fine.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Jul 27 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #78

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 170

The Alpha Squad

I have been wondering this for sometime.
In the game certain pokemon need items to evolve i.e. Gligar with razor Fang at night. I was wondering how you evolve them types of pokemon. Including Trade required like Scizor.

Sorry if someone has already asked this.
Thanks

--------------------
"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"

+Quote Post

Letan
post Jul 27 2009, 10:03 PM
Post #79

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

For those, you can evolve them whenever you see fit. However, asking an RP Mod beforehand would be highly recommended.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Jul 28 2009, 02:35 PM
Post #80

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

The Alpha Squad

Thanks for the last bit of help. And yes me again. 3 questions this time.

1.) Is there any certain time in an Rp you can be recruited. I plan to join a fraction about 2-3 Rp's In. So i was wondering if you must join a fraction before i.e at the start or at the end.

2.) Can you catch a Shiny pokemon ? I don't want to it's just been on my mind for a while know.

3.) Can you include your'e pokemons moves in the Level tracker thread. ? Only want it for my own easy reminders.

Reason for Edit: Changed question and small Grammer.

This post has been edited by GalladeWithABlade: Jul 28 2009, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 28 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #81

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Answering as a player, not a mod. This means if Letan's words are above mine :P

1) You can be recruited into a faction at any time in any RP, so long as it's compatable with the main story. For example, Magma may well have a building where people can walk in, sign a form, and become a Magma member. Aqua, not so much, because Magma is in control of the city. The rebellion are guerilla warriors, and will likely recruit by word of mouth.

2) No, you can't catch shinies. They are currently 1st prize in RP contests.

3) You can, but it's not part of the form. I see no problem with it so long as the rest of the required info is in there.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Jul 31 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #82

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 355

Active Squad

You might have already sort of answered this, but I want to ask anyway. If a character is forced to join a different side, can they go back to their rank in the old faction when if they return?

Example: A Rebel Veteran is forced to work with Team Aqua, but is eventually able to go back to the Rebellion. Is his/her Veteran status restored or not?
+Quote Post

Letan
post Aug 1 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #83

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

Yeah, you'll keep your EXP when you return to your original faction.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Aug 18 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #84

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

The Alpha Squad

Ok me again.

1.) Is there a set number of moves allowed like in the Games or is it just open like the Anime ?

2.) How would a Co-Ordination Rp be done ?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 18 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #85

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(GalladeWithABlade @ Aug 18 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Ok me again.

1.) Is there a set number of moves allowed like in the Games or is it just open like the Anime ?

2.) How would a Co-Ordination Rp be done ?

Thanks in advance.

Huh.

1) There is no set number of moves, but I think you have to get egg moves and TMs approved, with the exception of psychic starters, which are allowed an egg move from the beginning because many of them start out very weak (ralts starts with growl until level 7, I think, and abra starts with teleport and can't learn anything until it evolves).

2) I don't think coordination has been addressed, since it doesn't really fit in with the nature of the story. This is, more or less, a war for a city with three battle fronts. It'd kinda be like the allies hoping to win WWII by dancing the nazis into submission.

That said, I'm sure, in individual RPs a contest could be worked in, as a cover for more nefarious operations, or a fundraiser for the Rebs, or something. But it wouldn't be a focus.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Ganymede
post Aug 19 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #86

beep boop
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 142

aw yeah

I've looked through the thread and I don't think this has been asked...

So, after RPing my character for a while, I 've realised that I'm not terribly fond of him/his back story/everything else/etc. I already have an idea for a new character that I'd rather like to play instead. I was wondering if Uprising had the same sort of system with PANE in regards to new character creation - we sort of average and transfer levels and such from the old to the new.

Is this acceptable, or will I just have to tough it out with my current character? I'd really like to continue in Uprising, but I don't want to play a character that no longer means anything to me.

--------------------
obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Aug 22 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #87

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Mechanical Lullaby @ Aug 19 2009, 09:01 PM) *

So, after RPing my character for a while, I 've realised that I'm not terribly fond of him/his back story/everything else/etc. I already have an idea for a new character that I'd rather like to play instead. I was wondering if Uprising had the same sort of system with PANE in regards to new character creation - we sort of average and transfer levels and such from the old to the new.

Is this acceptable, or will I just have to tough it out with my current character? I'd really like to continue in Uprising, but I don't want to play a character that no longer means anything to me.

Yeah, we'll use PANE's setup so you can transfer levels over.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Ganymede
post Aug 22 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #88

beep boop
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 142

aw yeah

QUOTE(Letan @ Aug 22 2009, 01:13 PM) *

Alright. Thanks!

Next question - the minimun limit for starting Pokemon is two, correct? Would it be allowed for a new character to only have one starting Pokemon at first, then catch a Pokemon in their first RP to make up for the blank spot? And, if this is allowed, does the caught Pokemon need to be from that Starter list?

--------------------
obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

knil1
post Aug 23 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #89

Group Icon

Dream Party

Question!

Is there a move tutor like there is in Sinnoh?

Reason for asking:
Arcanine doesn't have any good moves except Extremespeed, but growlithe learns better moves at levels higher than 39.
So when she evolves, could she see a move tutor and learn Extremespeed? (when she's at a level higher than 39, of course.)

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Euphraim
post Aug 24 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #90

Ace Trainer
Group Icon

Dream Team

I've got a few questions.

1. How do we go about altering our character sheets? Do we have to ask an admin or what?

2. Are we allowed to use items in our Rp's and if so how many times?

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

umbreon.gif

+Quote Post

Letan
post Aug 24 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #91

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Mechanical Lullaby @ Aug 22 2009, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Letan @ Aug 22 2009, 01:13 PM) *

Alright. Thanks!

Next question - the minimun limit for starting Pokemon is two, correct? Would it be allowed for a new character to only have one starting Pokemon at first, then catch a Pokemon in their first RP to make up for the blank spot? And, if this is allowed, does the caught Pokemon need to be from that Starter list?

Hrrrrrrrm...I'd say, yes to catching a Pokemon in the first RP, but it must be from the Starter list, to make things fair since many others already started with two Pokemon minimum.

QUOTE(knil1 @ Aug 23 2009, 01:29 PM) *
Question!

Is there a move tutor like there is in Sinnoh?

Reason for asking:
Arcanine doesn't have any good moves except Extremespeed, but growlithe learns better moves at levels higher than 39.
So when she evolves, could she see a move tutor and learn Extremespeed? (when she's at a level higher than 39, of course.)

See: here. Pretty much, it could learn it at anytime, so long as it's not like you're gaining a very powerful move at only level 10 or something.

QUOTE(Euphraim @ Aug 24 2009, 01:18 AM) *

1. How do we go about altering our character sheets? Do we have to ask an admin or what?

1. You'll have to PM either myself or one of the other RP Mods and ask for them to move the thread to the regular Profiles section so it could be modified.

2. Item usage is allowed, yet as with everything else, it's fine as long as you don't use something that's way too overpowered (such as Sacred Ash) when your character hasn't really gone all that far into Uprising.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Runi
post Sep 1 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #92

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

QUOTE(Letan @ Aug 24 2009, 07:43 PM) *

1. You'll have to PM either myself or one of the other RP Mods and ask for them to move the thread to the regular Profiles section so it could be modified.

2. Item usage is allowed, yet as with everything else, it's fine as long as you don't use something that's way too overpowered (such as Sacred Ash) when your character hasn't really gone all that far into Uprising.

I have a question that sort of pertains to this (Well, the first question).
I just want to change my character's appearence slightly - not anything drastic like height, hair or eye colour, just the clothes she's wearing and change the picture.
Am i allowed to just go and edit my character, while having at least 5 sentences for the discription still, or do i just live with what i did?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 1 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #93

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Runi @ Sep 1 2009, 07:21 PM) *
QUOTE(Letan @ Aug 24 2009, 07:43 PM) *

I have a question that sort of pertains to this (Well, the first question).
I just want to change my character's appearence slightly - not anything drastic like height, hair or eye colour, just the clothes she's wearing and change the picture.
Am i allowed to just go and edit my character, while having at least 5 sentences for the discription still, or do i just live with what i did?

It's fine if you edit it, it's just that you can't do it now since it's in Accepted Profiles, which is a read-only section for basic Members, Veterans, etc. If you'd like, you can PM me and I could move it back to the general Profiles section so you can modify it, since I've done this in the past for people.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

selelunadracona
post Sep 19 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #94

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 64 126

Active Squad

how do i rp

--------------------
i like pudding pie chocolate and every thing else

+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 19 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #95

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(selelunadracona @ Sep 19 2009, 07:58 PM) *
how do i rp

Read the first page and stop spamming the other Uprising threads.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Sep 20 2009, 11:37 AM
Post #96

Group Icon

Dream Party

QUOTE(knil1 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:23 PM) *
What should I do if someone in the RP I'm hosting hasn't been active for a long time? I have sent PMs telling them to post.

kinda the same question...
What should I do if the host and other characters haven't been active in the rp for a long time?
I'm thinking the same answer, but just to be sure...

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 22 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #97

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(knil1 @ Sep 20 2009, 12:37 PM) *
QUOTE(knil1 @ Jul 11 2009, 03:23 PM) *

kinda the same question...
What should I do if the host and other characters haven't been active in the rp for a long time?
I'm thinking the same answer, but just to be sure...

I guess just ask for it to get closed, and post it in the Grading thread so whatever's been done already can get graded. Depending on how far along the RP is, it won't get full marks but at most it could get fairly close.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Sep 24 2009, 04:56 PM
Post #98

Group Icon

Dream Party

Can any member of an RP submit it in for grading?

Also, I think this has been answered, but I like clarification.
You don't recommend joining another RP until the one that someone has just finished was graded, correct?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Letan
post Sep 24 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #99

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(knil1 @ Sep 24 2009, 05:56 PM) *
Can any member of an RP submit it in for grading?

Also, I think this has been answered, but I like clarification.
You don't recommend joining another RP until the one that someone has just finished was graded, correct?

As long as everyone else is fine with it, then yeah anyone can.

Also yes @ #2. If you gained enough levels to evolve something in a previous RP, yet you're currently in another RP, things'll just get even more confusing than a season finale of Lost, especially if you evolve your Pokemon. It's best to just jump in fresh, knowing what you've gained from your recently-graded RP.

--------------------
[align=center]

Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

knil1
post Sep 26 2009, 04:11 PM
Post #100

Group Icon

Dream Party

irritated.gif I'm asking a lot of questions...

Must an RP be graded?

I'm hoping it's going to be a while before I ask another question. unsure.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2024 - 11:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.