Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Roleplaying Etiquette
Darck
post Oct 6 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #21

The Demon of Darkness, GTS+ PL Dark Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 539

Dark gym

I've been an Avid role player for many years, and I'm sorry to say but the majority of people outside of PANE Are some of the crappiest role players I've come across. I hope they ALL read this and benefit from it.

Step one, Character building.

Name - No one is going to give you the name of a Pokemon, or something unrealistic, from personal experience Yes I do rp as a character named Darck, but its more realistic in a fantasy world then calling yourself Mr. Mime.. for an example that is. This just basically means be creative and original without being lame, if you want to be called something, that's different but give yourself a real name

Appearance - If you can't sprite, don’t try. Get someone to do it for you, the forum is stock full of spriter‘s . Take a moment and picture your character, now with multiple sentences map out what your character looks like, be descriptive. Your Appearance should be short but VERY descriptive and be able to give the reader a vivid description of the character in their mind..

Biography - Where did you come from? What was your family like? And your home life? The Key to ANY RP is be DESCRIPTIVE, You have to create your character, and put it on paper(Text) for the other characters to read, that way they'll understand your character as much as you do. Your Biography should be lengthy, but try not to bore the reader.

Personality - This is one main key, WHAT DO YOU ACT LIKE? Are you a bitch? are you a giving person who only wants to help? Are you a self loathing person? The personality should reflect on how you RP your character...if you say you're a bitch you wont hold the door for a mother with numerous children or help someone across the street, if you're greedy you wont share anything. ]

Typing - GRAMMAR AND SPELLING... They are your friends, USE THEM or other Role Players will Hate you and not want to role play with you. Spell check was programmed for a reason.

"The Flow" - This is how your post looked, you can't just type things into a paragraph, it would look too sloppy and would be hard to follow, never knowing who's talking or what’s happening, If someone's talking, make a new line, a new action? A new line. But above all, and I cannot stress this enough, Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling. All three of those will make your post legible, easy to read, and the rest of the community will be happier to play with you. *The key is to be so clear in your post that the reader will have the same vision in their mind as you have in your own.*

Length - In a post, Length does NOT mean good Role playing, sometimes a short sweet post can be just as informative and help the story along as a lengthy one. But a whole lot of OOC and a one line "she smiled and went to her dorm" is just not acceptable. AT ALL

Again, I hope some of you if not all benefit from this guide.

character sheet (click to showhide)

This post has been edited by Darck: Nov 12 2008, 11:01 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
Click me ---><--- Please

[spoiler=GTS+PL]

[/spoiler]
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 06:55 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.