Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Broken Stars, rt117, 7eeveelutions, and Kamaitachi
Kamaitachi
post Nov 26 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

The air felt surprisingly crisp, and Francesco Rojas could watch his own breath rise into the air. His life had been an emotional rollercoaster, and he had nothing better to describe it with than a cheesy metaphor. He rarely had to deal with things that felt specifically like "feelings". Normally, he would down them away with some beer, or with something distracting. But out here in the crisp fall air around Mt. Carello, he had nothing to distract him.

Why had he walked down from his home in Arasam to get some fresh air? Why was a slow, pensive stroll the best idea for times like these? The thoughts were just confusing and mostly annoying.

He clasped his dark brown bomber jacket to himself to warm up a little. The tufts of what Cesc hoped was fake fur kept his neck warm. His scarf, made by his aunt, was green and gold, matching his gloves and woolly cap. His jeans, however, had probably been a poor choice; it was a bit cold for jeans without long johns.

"I have an idea." He said aloud to no one. "It's times like these that we can just buckle down and do some work."

He flipped out one of his pokeballs, summoning his Sneasel to the field.

"Let's work on an appeal for you." He smiled "The weather is in your favour, right?"

The Sneasel gave what appeared to be a salute, a trait he'd perhaps picked up from Cesc's more militant Zangoose.

"Let's get out there! Hmmm...Can you get a cloud of Icy Wind, then carve it into a shape with Fury Swipes...then Freeze it all with Ice Punch?"

The Wind blasted upwards, and as it fell towards the ground, Oberon the Sneasel set to work slashing away before punching the conflageration with a fist glowing with icy blue energy.

The result was a mess; an explosion of icy shards falling every which way. On top of that, the brief shape formed by the Icy Wind combo had no discernible shape whatsoever.

"Good start, buddy, but practice makes perfect." He pointed out a rock-face on the side of the mountain. "Let's use metal claw and work on carving shapes. Let's start with a triangle."

With a nod, the dark weasel Pokemon shot towards the rock. Cesc watched intently, his mind wonderfully devoid of all thoughts about girls.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
7eeveelutions
post Mar 31 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #2

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

"Ebony won't have any problems disarming one more poacher, but disarming both of the subordinates would be rather hard for him...... and there's nothing he can do about the boss's shotgun since it's slung across the guy's back. I'm more worried about Ruby though. She's...... tired. And I'd bet we're going to have major paralysis problems with all those Electrike and Butterfree, plus that Umbreon probably has Confuse Ray and maybe even Moonlight, so there may be problems there too."

Remembering back to basic training, Scott looked towards the wild Absol and Glaceon. Glaceon seemed to glare at him, giving him the "You're not good enough for me" look, but the Absol seemed like she would be more than happu to help. There was just one problem.

"Umm...... what kinds of moves does an Absol learn?" Scott quickly pulled out his cell phone to look it up, but even with the somewhat-more-advanced Ranger technologies that were supposed to allow a Ranger to contact allies even in the most remote locations, he still had no signal. "Well, crap. So much for being able to use a phone everywhere. Apart from the usual myths about Absols bringing destruction, really the only thing I know about them is that they have Perish Song, because that was mentioned in one of the training courses as a very dangerous move." Looking at Absol's huge claws and the horn on one side of its head, he said, "I presume they have some kind of slashing attacks, but other than that......"

Silently, he made a mental note to try and find a method to be able to figure out what kinds of moves any Pokemon he might come across during his travels would use. Maybe some kind of booklet would work...... or maybe he needed a Pokedex or something similar. He knew that a few of the higher-ranked Rangers (usually those who patrolled an entire region instead of just part of the region) had an item called the Rangerdex, but they were very hard to get a hold of and much more limited in their usage than a Pokedex, along with being restricted to the Pokemon naturally living in the region, thus leaving out any rare Pokemon from other regions that Trainers might bring with them.

In any case, he didn't have such an object now, so his knowledge was rather limited. In a perfect world he would have been able to sit down and figure out what Absol could do before they attacked the poachers, but they didn't have time for that and Cesc looked like he was ready to stomp on some poachers. "Oh well. I'll improvise. Ruby already does her own thing, so hopefully this won't be too bad...... let's go."

To prevent the poachers from seeing any of the lights created by him releasing his Pokemon from their Pokeballs, Scott let Ebony and Ruby out at the top of the cliff before he began to skirt around the side of the cave towards where the cages were. Absol followed him, while Glaceon stayed at the top of the cliff. For a minute Scott was confused as to why it wasn't coming to help, before he remembered that it had some nasty ranged attacks. "Staying at the top of the cliff to stay out of range of any counterattacks? That's smart for a wild Pokemon...... "

He took up position behind a thick tree and looked around. Between him and the clearing where the poachers stood arguing about something, there were two rows of large bushes (with no thorns) and no more trees, while around him there were several other small trees and bushes. He pointed to a small bush right across from him and whispered, "Ebony, hide in there. When a poacher comes through, I want you to use Covet to steal his gun. After that, I'm going to tackle the guy, and I want you to bite one of his hands and hold on tight until I tell you to let go." If only Scarlet could still fight, I could have her take the poacher's other hand.

"Absol, find a large bush and stay hidden for now. If any Pokemon come with the poacher, I want you to take them down however you see fit, but try and keep it as quiet as possible and stay out of sight of the rest of the poachers."

"Now then, Ruby......" He paused for a moment, before continuing, "I want you to go out there and get their attention. Act cute or bark at them or something, but don't actually attack them." Ruby looked away for a moment, so Scott cupped her small head in between his hands and forced her to look at him. "Look at me. Don't attack. You'll only get yourself hurt. Okay? You want to save those other little Vulpix in that cage, right? Get them to come right between me and Ebony."

He gave Ruby a little push towards the clearing, followed by a quick "And be careful!" as she darted off through the bushes.

She paused at the last bush, before walking out into the clearing. Nobody noticed her do this, so she began barking at the Ninetales' cage. "Vul! Vul! Vul! Vul......pix!?!?!"

This, of course, caused all the poachers, their Pokemon, and the wild Pokemon stuck in the cages to swing around and look at her, causing her to stutter mid-bark. Slowly, she backed up a few steps, before whipping around and running into the bushes.

And this was where things started to go wrong, because the first thing to start to chase after Ruby was not one of the poachers...... but instead the Mightyena, followed by a poacher who was yelling, "No, Mightyena, wait!"

Scott's heart caught in his throat. Any of the other Pokemon would have been taken care of by his team easily, but Mightyena......

His mind quickly flashed backwards almost seven months to when he got his two Eevees. They had been orphaned by a pack of Mightyena, who killed their parents before they were driven off by Scott and Ruby. They understandably were terrified of the dark dogs, and Ruby didn't much care for them either.

In particular, though, his mind flashed back to one particular moment in that battle...... when a Mightyena had torn his right arm open from his shoulder to his elbow with a clawing attack. The scar would be with him permanently, although it wasn't especially noticeable since it was on the underside/back of his arm and it was often partially covered by his shirt.

As Ruby ran past him, Scott tensed and noticed that Ebony began to cower as the Mightyena approached. He quickly thought up a plan. "Absol, let Mightyena pass us and then attack it with Ruby. Whatever you do, don't let it come back near Ebony."

A moment later, Mightyena ran by them. However, it must have seen Scott as it ran by, because it put on the brakes and slid to a stop, beginning to turn around before getting blindsided by the female Absol. As they wrestled on the ground, the poacher ran up beyond the tree, and Scott and Ebony.

However, as his gaze was still transfixed on the Mightyena, Ebony failed to part the poacher and his handgun. Scott decided to take the chance and didn't waste any time tackling the guy to the ground, even as he reached for his gun to help his Mightyena.

As their fight started, he could only hope that Cesc was having better luck.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Kamaitachi   Broken Stars   Nov 26 2013, 09:11 PM
7eeveelutions   "Why must you be so difficult?" Scott mu...   Nov 26 2013, 10:29 PM
rt117   The waters of the small tree-surrounded pond were ...   Dec 2 2013, 11:55 PM
Kamaitachi   "My friend, you seem distracted." Cesc ...   Dec 6 2013, 11:53 PM
7eeveelutions   Scott noticed the singing around the same time the...   Dec 7 2013, 02:04 PM
rt117   As the girl faded back into reality, the audience ...   Dec 8 2013, 02:16 AM
Kamaitachi   Cesc looked over at the bristling Nidorino and Cha...   Dec 8 2013, 03:00 AM
7eeveelutions   "Eh? But how?" Scott stared at the Snea...   Dec 8 2013, 03:45 PM
Kamaitachi   Much to Oberon's surprise, a Vulpix appeared. ...   Dec 9 2013, 01:51 AM
rt117   Tikal watched with surprise as the small red fox p...   Dec 9 2013, 02:15 AM
7eeveelutions   "What is that? I know I've seen it before...   Dec 9 2013, 02:36 PM
Kamaitachi   Neither Cesc nor Tybalt had seen such a move befor...   Dec 9 2013, 11:15 PM
7eeveelutions   Ruby quickly analyzed her opponent as best as she ...   Dec 10 2013, 02:20 PM
Kamaitachi   Tybalt braced himself for the oncoming attack. To ...   Dec 10 2013, 08:39 PM
rt117   Tikal had watched the battle between the Zangoose ...   Dec 11 2013, 03:09 AM
7eeveelutions   As Oberon's Ice Shard hit the ground in front ...   Dec 11 2013, 02:39 PM
Kamaitachi   "Tybalt, Swords Dance." With the Vulpix...   Dec 11 2013, 10:55 PM
7eeveelutions   With her eyes centered on Tybalt, Ruby never knew ...   Dec 12 2013, 03:11 PM
Kamaitachi   "Hello Scott" Cesc looked confused as th...   Dec 27 2013, 02:17 PM
rt117   Looking from Cesc to the new face, Tikal scratched...   Dec 27 2013, 11:13 PM
7eeveelutions   "You are correct, Tikal. She isn't mine. ...   Dec 28 2013, 03:42 PM
Kamaitachi   "Good idea, Tikal. I'm sorry we have to p...   Dec 30 2013, 05:59 PM
7eeveelutions   The Absol looked at Cesc for a moment, before turn...   Jan 2 2014, 04:58 PM
rt117   Tikal watched as the Absol looked at her new compa...   Jan 4 2014, 05:54 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc's question had been met with a poignant l...   Jan 8 2014, 11:02 PM
7eeveelutions   So a Nidorino has good hearing...... another nice ...   Jan 10 2014, 03:03 PM
Kamaitachi   "Huh. Sounds like the Rangers aren't that...   Jan 31 2014, 12:57 PM
7eeveelutions   OOC- Cave time soon. Maybe. If we don't get si...   Jan 31 2014, 02:39 PM
Kamaitachi   ooc (click to showhide)I'm happy to take back ...   Feb 4 2014, 11:48 AM
7eeveelutions   OOC (click to showhide)That should work. Scott qu...   Feb 4 2014, 02:00 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc worked fairly quickly, despite a few fumbles ...   Feb 4 2014, 04:17 PM
7eeveelutions   "Umm...... I'm not quite sure," Scot...   Feb 4 2014, 10:07 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc watched Scott move around the wrecked place c...   Feb 11 2014, 12:54 AM
7eeveelutions   OOC (click to showhide)With Tikal inactive, that s...   Feb 11 2014, 09:48 PM
Kamaitachi   A small smile popped onto Cesc's handsome feat...   Feb 21 2014, 03:25 PM
7eeveelutions   Heroes? I don't know about that......, Scott t...   Feb 22 2014, 04:27 PM
Kamaitachi   Jogging after the Disaster Pokemon, Cesc felt the ...   Feb 26 2014, 05:06 PM
7eeveelutions   Scott looked over at Cesc in confusion. ".......   Feb 26 2014, 08:29 PM
Kamaitachi   Four on Five just felt really odd. cesc had summon...   Feb 28 2014, 04:37 PM
7eeveelutions   As she was trained to be able to battle on her own...   Feb 28 2014, 08:47 PM
Kamaitachi   Amazed that Scott continued to let Ruby just do he...   Mar 4 2014, 04:12 PM
7eeveelutions   "There has to be some way to stop those elect...   Mar 5 2014, 11:44 AM
Kamaitachi   Thanks to Scarlet's timely intervention, Bardo...   Mar 5 2014, 05:15 PM
7eeveelutions   The Ranger Staraptor seemed to be some kind of mes...   Mar 5 2014, 09:48 PM
Kamaitachi   With the battle wrapped up, Cesc took a second to ...   Mar 15 2014, 11:50 PM
7eeveelutions   "Yeah. We must be close by. I wonder, if all ...   Mar 19 2014, 01:29 PM
Kamaitachi   "Well, let's not get too cocky." Ces...   Mar 31 2014, 11:20 AM
Kamaitachi   Cesc had made his way down the rocky face, a bit s...   Apr 9 2014, 01:36 PM
7eeveelutions   As the Scott slammed into the poacher and took bot...   Apr 9 2014, 04:37 PM
Kamaitachi   It appeared that the slipshod plan had worked well...   Apr 11 2014, 11:51 AM
7eeveelutions   Scott and Ebony stayed in the cover of the bushes ...   Apr 11 2014, 01:36 PM
Kamaitachi   His finger itched on the trigger as he stood stock...   Apr 16 2014, 10:57 PM
7eeveelutions   With the tremendous weight of the mutant Absol pul...   Apr 17 2014, 01:33 PM
Kamaitachi   In the process of getting back up, Cesc flung hims...   Apr 20 2014, 04:34 PM
7eeveelutions   "I would say yes, but...... I don't have ...   Apr 20 2014, 07:08 PM
Kamaitachi   Cesc had smiled offhandedly at Scott's remarks...   Apr 21 2014, 11:13 PM
7eeveelutions   "I don't know if I'll quite put it li...   Apr 22 2014, 01:17 AM
Kamaitachi   Cesc pondered for a moment as Scott went over the ...   Apr 22 2014, 09:58 PM
7eeveelutions   "Well, the Rangers that are coming on that he...   Apr 23 2014, 12:01 AM
Kamaitachi   ooc (click to showhide)I'm gonna wrap it up he...   Apr 24 2014, 12:07 AM
7eeveelutions   Scott looked for a moment at the piece of paper wi...   Apr 24 2014, 01:20 AM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2024 - 10:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.