Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Celestial Celebration [Coin Event]
Jen
post Oct 20 2022, 04:55 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Hello, everyone!

This month's theme for the Coin Event is based on a celestial theme suggested by Sealeo, Linoone, TwiliTerror, and Rookie Roo!
The event will run from the 23rd of October until the 8th of November at reset. (October 22nd 11:55pm ET -> November 8th 11:55pm ET)

solrock.gif If you had any leftover Coins from the previous event, your total will be reset to 0 when the event begins.

lunatone.gif The Event Shop will remain open throughout the month of November.

clefairy.gif When the event begins at the designated time, the following celestial themed Pokémon will hatch with a Coin:
Absol
Amaura
Blipbug
Carbink
Cleffa
Elgyem
Gothita
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Lunatone
Minior
Munna
Nidoran F
Nidoran M
Porygon
Roggenrola
Sableye
Skitty
Solrock
Staryu
Swablu
Teddiursa

If you've saved enough Coins, you'll be able to exchange them for some lovely prizes in the Event Shop!
Prizes range from 1 Coin to a top prize of 600 Coins.

Note: There will be a bonus prize for 5,000 Coins. It didn't feel right to not include it with this theme. Good luck!
dialga.gif : giratina.gif : palkia.gif

We hope you'll have lots of fun with this event!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ThunderMoss
post Oct 23 2022, 07:53 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Lots of good comments to respond to so I will place them all in a single post.

@KitsuYuuki

Regarding unlimited summons items it changes the historical game balance. Over 10+ years (but some time off) I managed about 1000 summons. With the last event alone I earned well over 200 summoning items... and one hatched shiny! I was happy to summon and hatch but this makes summons more of scheduling matter than something special. Getting tons of them from explorations doesn't really compare when I earned two years worth in a single two week period. Yes, I was one of the top coin gatherers but am planning to try and moderate this -- so asking for limits makes my change easier.

@The Kraken

I think we mostly agree? Jade provided a more thorough explanation of how the old coin system was 24+ hour madness rat race sort of unhealthy choices. New system much better for more balanced play and planning and not a few winners take all.

I also agree that coins should just carry over. The difficulty of earning coins and their purchasing power hasn't really changed from one event to the next. Until we get a 'Karp event... NO! Allowing carry over would be a real boost for those who wish the Sh. Legendary voucher but it might take them two or more events based on their style of play. Or carry over could be capped at 600 coins to avoid any hiccups in changes to the earn/spend economy.

@Professor Euc

Healthier is not playing all day (most every day) and something both of us have considered and adjusted somewhat over the past while. At least I hope we are both making adjustments towards how we would prefer to play. I know I enjoyed a lot of summer excursions away from screens and my mouse/keyboard are happier to not be worked so hard.

Hoppy's summoning spree (and another later than night) was quite wonderful to stumble upon and a joyful sharing. But it also was just another party of legendaries after having dozens of parties of legendaries over the preceding week. So... not quite as special as it would have been pre-event shop. Seeing multiple legendary eggs in a single lab screen and having to consider which was most special was a new experience.

@Jade

Thank you for explaining the old coin system. I agree the new one is much better balance for all levels of player activity. Sh. Vouchers still bother me relative to game play balance but that is my personal choice and I do not have to ever use them. I know other players have been very happy to earn and use their vouchers.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Oct 23 2022, 11:06 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 05:53 PM) *
@Jade

Thank you for explaining the old coin system. I agree the new one is much better balance for all levels of player activity. Sh. Vouchers still bother me relative to game play balance but that is my personal choice and I do not have to ever use them. I know other players have been very happy to earn and use their vouchers.

I suppose the way I look at it is simply that just because the site has become more gracious in these top end prizes (which, I mean, from responses still does appear to be quite a bit of work for the average player), I feel like it doesn't necessarily negate the value of the shinies acquired beforehand?

I mean I'll always be proud of getting Virizion and Ditto in my second run through of their explorations. Or that Jaden my darling Jolteon took 1.8k eggs to get and started before multipliers were even a THING on this site. Or that my shiny Easter Buneary took an insane 1.5k lol. Oh and I don't forget spending literal HOURS in the shelter waiting for someone to drop a Zapdos egg back when legendries didn't have explorations and the only way to get them were from the "gift drops" (and actually managing to get one!) - list goes on but they are all my proud accomplishments.

But I'm also like..... really grateful that I have more freedoms I didn't really feel I had before? Like, prize points. I no longer feel I need to horde them just so I can mass summon Rayquaza anymore. I finally felt free enough to USE the trove of shiny legend vouchers I gained on the site throughout the years from events because I now am confidant I'll get another. I finally can consider throwing other things in my daycare that aren't novelty only pokemon if I wanted to (because my list of wanted novelty shinies was also like a mile long LOL).

And those are just personal positives on top of the overall site/economical ones I mentioned before. But you know obvs that's just me. I'm not trying to negate your - or anyone's - misgivings on the matter. Just want to provide another counterpoint to it.

This post has been edited by Jade: Oct 23 2022, 11:10 PM

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Myou
post Nov 8 2022, 11:46 AM
Post #4

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 08:53 PM) *
I also agree that coins should just carry over. The difficulty of earning coins and their purchasing power hasn't really changed from one event to the next. Until we get a 'Karp event... NO! Allowing carry over would be a real boost for those who wish the Sh. Legendary voucher but it might take them two or more events based on their style of play. Or carry over could be capped at 600 coins to avoid any hiccups in changes to the earn/spend economy.

I would love it if we had some type of rollover system, even if we only got to keep a fraction of the leftover coins. I frequently find myself spending the dregs on things I don't want because it feels like a waste of my effort to just let it disappear into the aether. Having coins carry over, even at a capped amount, would also allow for higher coin prices (such as Arceus) to be much more feasible; it would still require a lot of effort, but it wouldn't be a back-breaking endeavor if we were able to save coins for a specific reward.

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 08:53 PM) *
Healthier is not playing all day (most every day) and something both of us have considered and adjusted somewhat over the past while.

QUOTE(Jade @ Oct 24 2022, 12:06 AM) *
But I'm also like..... really grateful that I have more freedoms I didn't really feel I had before?

While I'm a firm believer that effort should coincide with reward, I definitely enjoy the freedom the new event system gives. In the past, I would spend an unhealthy amount of time clicking like a madman (madwoman?) for the chance to get something good, even getting to the point of turning down invites to hang out with friends or faking sick to get out of family obligations so I could be at home to grind just a bit more; more often than not, I ended up disappointed and frustrated when all that effort panned out to losing the roulette spin for the really nice prizes, but I still felt compelled to keep sinking all of my time into the events because I would regret not at least trying. Now, I can actually spend time outside the game and still realistically meet my daily quota to earn the things I really want.

I was tempted to go for Arceus, but I know even 2-3k would be pushing it for me and my life just doesn't allow me to invest that kind of time... plus I like having functional hands.

QUOTE(Jade @ Oct 24 2022, 12:06 AM) *
I finally felt free enough to USE the trove of shiny legend vouchers I gained on the site throughout the years from events because I now am confidant I'll get another.

This was absolutely me. I hoarded any shiny vouchers I go ahold of rather than using them because there were so many things I wanted to use them on and the vouchers were so hard to get with the old system that it felt like no matter what I chose, I would be wasting a valuable resource; now that I know I'll be able to earn more with an appropriate amount of effort, I've been able to get past that mental block and use the vouchers I have to whittle down the list of things I want.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Jen   Celestial Celebration [Coin Event]   Oct 20 2022, 04:55 PM
AregularFrankiefan   Wow, here I thought we were doing a Halloween-them...   Oct 21 2022, 01:32 AM
Rhapsody   Surprise! One might think of this as a Hallowe...   Oct 21 2022, 01:35 AM
Eryth Violet   This is a really cool alternate theme to Halloween...   Oct 21 2022, 01:36 AM
Isla de Monte Cristo   Ahhhhhh! I'm so ready to hatch 2k eggs lik...   Oct 21 2022, 01:57 AM
Naixatloz   Could it be Dialga/Palkia Origin formes? 🤔   Oct 21 2022, 03:33 AM
ThunderMoss   Nice variety and I look forward to seeing the 5k b...   Oct 21 2022, 04:20 AM
The Kraken   5k??? Damn, I dont know how you people can do it, ...   Oct 21 2022, 08:17 AM
Professor Eucalyptus   Alas, aliens are pretty spooky - no? I had a funn...   Oct 21 2022, 08:29 AM
Ember Lake   I do love these coin events I'm very happy to ...   Oct 21 2022, 04:45 PM
ThunderMoss   @Prof Euc I agree that the boost in click maturit...   Oct 21 2022, 08:59 PM
KitsuYuuki   QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 21 2022, 09:59 PM...   Oct 22 2022, 01:05 AM
The Kraken   QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 22 2022, 04:59 AM...   Oct 22 2022, 07:28 AM
Jade   Ummm, not like the worst thing in the world but th...   Oct 21 2022, 11:10 PM
Jade   One thing I kind of wish is that the summoning ite...   Oct 22 2022, 03:11 AM
yellowsofa   Aahhh another coin event this month? YEESSSS thank...   Oct 22 2022, 06:49 AM
Professor Eucalyptus   Moss - I may be too young to remember those old ev...   Oct 22 2022, 11:01 AM
Jade   QUOTE(Professor Eucalyptus @ Oct 22 2022, 09...   Oct 22 2022, 11:40 AM
Dragon Arbock   Why is the coin shop gone already? I had I think 9...   Oct 22 2022, 11:20 AM
Darky   Oh, another lovely event=) But 5k coins is way too...   Oct 23 2022, 04:28 AM
SallyAnn   Overall I am loving these themed events but: I ha...   Oct 23 2022, 06:27 AM
Vulpix D   Maybe i can get all the Star Pieces. Extra PC Boxe...   Oct 23 2022, 01:11 PM
Naixatloz   I'm ready to destroy my health to get that Arc...   Oct 23 2022, 04:11 PM
Naixatloz   QUOTE(Naixatloz @ Oct 23 2022, 02:11 PM) ...   Oct 24 2022, 01:06 AM
ThunderMoss   I have a question about the 5000 coin Arceus. Is t...   Oct 23 2022, 07:58 PM
Level-X   QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 07:58 PM...   Oct 23 2022, 08:49 PM
PokemonTrainerAlix   Oh heck yeah, I was already hunting 3 of these too...   Oct 25 2022, 01:06 AM
pochamachan   I just came back to this event from a six-year hia...   Oct 25 2022, 09:22 AM
ThunderMoss   @Level-X Thank you for the additional information...   Oct 26 2022, 03:31 PM
Delcatty   (Oops I didn't pay any attention to the forums...   Oct 30 2022, 08:51 PM
ThunderMoss   QUOTE(Delcatty @ Oct 30 2022, 06:51 PM) M...   Nov 2 2022, 06:13 AM
Supernewf   I really do like the way the coin events are these...   Oct 30 2022, 10:34 PM
AdmiralPerry   I've been out of the loop and only just now fo...   Nov 2 2022, 12:41 PM
Professor Eucalyptus   QUOTE(AdmiralPerry @ Nov 2 2022, 01:41 PM...   Nov 2 2022, 02:16 PM
Naixatloz   I do feel that 5k is about right for the value thi...   Nov 3 2022, 02:19 AM
Delcatty   QUOTE(Professor Eucalyptus @ Nov 2 2022, 02...   Nov 3 2022, 11:10 PM
Naixatloz   QUOTE(Delcatty @ Nov 3 2022, 09:10 PM) As...   Nov 5 2022, 03:46 PM
Cajun   Not sure if the Arceus is the cause or just gettin...   Nov 5 2022, 04:50 AM
Plush Nightingale   Regarding Arceus, I feel like 5000 coins was the r...   Nov 5 2022, 05:19 PM
dareco   You must be mad to waste so much time of your life...   Nov 6 2022, 10:24 AM
Naixatloz   I've done worse for less.   Nov 6 2022, 06:02 PM
Flameclaw1234   Oh man, the heartbreak I felt when I saw today...   Nov 8 2022, 12:51 AM
Giratina 5590   Oh dear lord, good work to all who achieved the ne...   Nov 9 2022, 01:59 AM
Taerar   Very casual player here as full-time uni student. ...   Nov 9 2022, 04:36 AM
AdmiralPerry   QUOTE(Plush Nightingale @ Nov 5 2022, 06...   Nov 9 2022, 10:20 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:06 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.