Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, it's a good game!
RyanK
post Jan 3 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Celebi Celebrity
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 117

Active Squad

Anyone else have this game?

It's for the DS. It's a really good RTS. Now before anyone goes off on a "FF is overrated" rant or w/e this is only like the second FF game i've played aside from FFTA lol.

The games combat revolves around espers which are basically summons but they are like little units. The game is played almost exclusively with the stylus. It has no multiplayer though, but the difficulty is pretty good since I am pretty sure the enemies level follows your own.

There are loads of espers in this game, and about 8 or 9 regular characters/leaders.

There are 3(technically 4) "natures" which dictate how the units are. Ranged, Melee, and Flying. Heal is a subset of Ranged.

Melee is best against Ranged
Ranged beats Flying
Flying beats Melee

Generally if you have an advantage you do more damage and take less, and flying v. ranged is the one that is the most influential in terms of combat.

The espers are divided by nature as well, and you get them through a combination of missions and the "Ring of Pacts", you obtain them with auracite, and there are 3 ranks of espers, rank I is bought with 1 auracite, rank II with 2, and rank III is 3 auracite. You start with 2 summons per match and you can summon them through summon gates on certain maps with affinity.

The game is a little hard to explain but when you play it's pretty easy to get a hang of it despite the somewhat slow beginning of the game,

--------------------
I use Wi-fi but my pokemon are hacked, but have things within the field of legality in the game. I also have shoddy battle and I'm waiting for competitor.
Also I claimed Vaporeon.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Balmungmp5
post Apr 18 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #2

Formerly Darksword
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 161

Active Squad

i just played a little more of it and got to the point where i was supposed to fight belias, lost and then lost interest again...

It's fun but i can't play it for too long before i get bored...

--------------------

I claim Scizor
also don't pm me and ask me to trade if you don't have anything in mind.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 05:39 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.