Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Dança da Morte, You have been formally invited!
knil1
post Jul 15 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #1

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

The dress looked absolutely gorgeous as she twirled around on the pedestal. The ribbons fluttered and the lace waved. Her red curls brushed upon the black décolleté neckline. She stopped spinning and hopped off the pedestal.
“I’ll take it.” She turned back to the mirror and smiled at her new floor-length ball gown.

“It looks marvelous my dear. And I must say, never have I seen a Magma veteran so beautiful in red as you.”
The little girl chuckled, “Oh daddy. You’re just saying that. There will be many other girls at the ball.”
“Ah, but it’s not everyday my little girl turns fourteen. You’ll be a show stopper no doubt.”

The girl continued to admire herself in the mirror, posing as each piece of jewelry was sampled on her. She flipped her hand up as one necklace lay upon her chest.
“What is this one?”
The jeweler stuttered, it seemed as though, in fear, “Cinnabar ma-am, with a sterling base.”
“I absolutely love it. I’ll take it. Daddy, start making the invitations, it’s time we got this started.”

~~~

Jened walked out of the Sanctuary, a bit iffy on his new mission. He looked at the red envelope and slowly untied the black satin string, trying not to disturb the jeweled embroidery and intricate design on the paper. The Growlithe trotting beside Jened tried to jump and catch the ribbon in her mouth, failing miserably, multiple times.

You have been formally invited!
Occasion: Help Morte St. Saëns celebrate her 14th birthday and rise to Elite rank
When: Saturday, August 21st at 8:30 PM
Formal dress or Magma outfit required

Jened looked at his fingers. The mission required playing the violin in order to get in. It had been a while since he had picked up his violin, and forever since he played a real orchestral piece of music in front of an audience. Ardaine quit jumping after she ran into another person while trying to bite the ribbon. She continued to trot by his side.
It had also been a while since he had been in the rich district, let alone perform there.

Before Jened touched the doorknob to his uncle’s apartment, the door swung open and Gerrard handed his nephew a brand new suit.
“Bought it just for you!”
Jened took the suit and looked at his uncle quizzically. How had he already known of the mission, and did he ever have a mission of his own? “Will you be driving me?”
“What, am I your chauffeur now? No, I hired some person to drive you there in a limo.”
“Wouldn’t that attract a bit too much attention?”
“Nonsense, Limos don’t attract attention. However, the bright red one with a Groudon’s design on it will.”

Jened shook his head and walked up to his room, and left Ardaine to play with her adoptive Uncle as he changed.
He pulled on the black pants that, surprisingly, were hemmed to just the right length. Something that was unusual for his uncle to get correct. The black shirt was buttoned up and Jened proceeded to mess with the light green tie. After a while, the outfit was made perfectly symmetrical, and all that was left was the Magma-red blazer. He folded it over his arm and walked downstairs.

When he closed his bedroom door, he heard his uncle yelling and grunting as though he was having trouble with something. When Jened’s foot hit the bottom step, Ardaine ran towards him and his uncle sighed.
“I couldn’t get it just right, but it looks nice enough.” Ardaine was standing behind her trainer growling at the man who was trying to kill her. “I figured it would be safe to have Ardaine with you. And I wanted her to look nice as well.”

A black ribbon was tied around her neck and she proceeded to try to gnaw it off. Jened pushed her head to the side, finding that it actually looked nice on her.

A horn blared outside.
“Oh, that must be your ride.” Gerrard grabbed his nephew and tossed him outside, landing on his rear. Jened had to then focus on the large lead case flying towards him, courtesy of his uncle. “I also bought something else for you. I bet you’ll like it.
Also, you don’t have a magma badge, so be careful. Good luck!”

Ardaine ran around Jened barking, trying to keep the ribbon from flying in her face. Jened stood up and brushed himself off, trying to wipe as much dirt off of his new suit as possible. He grabbed the case and turned to find that his uncle wasn’t lying. He saw a twenty foot limo, bright red, Groudon markings, parked right in front of him. The driver jumped out and opened the passenger door.

Jened climbed inside and called his Growlithe in the car. With the passengers in their seats, the driver ran back to the steering wheel and headed off for 706 Macabre Lane. The Rebel took the moment to put on his blazer and black gloves then tell his pokemon the plan. While he had the idea that she didn’t know what he was saying, he felt it a good idea to make the effort.

“Ardaine, this ball will be riddled with Magma Agents.” Upon saying Magma, Ardaine began to growl. Jened chuckled, as that was a new reaction that he had no part of. Since he felt he caught her attention, he continued quickly.
“A meeting will be going on during the party, where high ranking Magma officers will be discussing information that could be used to benefit us. So be on your good behavior, and keep an eye open.”
Ardaine nodded and eyed her trainer as he began to open the lead case thrown at him.

The locks were unlatched and Jened lifted the top to find an ebony violin, resting inside. Jened grinned, excitedly, strumming all of the strings. The A string chimed a lovely Bb and Jened cringed. He lifted the violin and began turning the pegs. When the Rebel began fine-tuning the strings, Ardaine found a letter and pawed at it. Jened grabbed it and opened it to find 1,000 poke, the invitation, and a letter from his uncle.

“Can’t have my nephew going to a rich people’s party empty-handed. You’d look silly.”

~~~

After getting re-acquainted with the tiny string instrument, the limo came to a stop. People began eying the vehicle with interest as to who would arrive in such a flamboyant way. Jened sighed as the door opened and hundreds of curious gazes were directed to him. Ardaine hopped out of the door and sat down, enjoying the attention she got. Jened, on the other hand, cautiously stepped out of the vehicle, straightening his suit, trying to ignore all of the unwanted attention.

The chauffeur handed Jened a card, ran back to the driver’s seat, and sped off.
The Rebel looked around. Seeing that he was going into the lion’s den was a little unnerving, but he had to do what needed to be done. He eyed the massive building as he walked down the landscaped pathway. He handed the invitation to a burly man standing at the door. While the bouncer looked over Jened’s outfit, Jened looked in the house.

People were dressed in huge ballroom dresses and Chardonnay was being handed out to basically anybody who asked for it. A huge Chandelier hung over the huge salon, and a grand staircase led up to the second floor.

Once the man said proceed, Ardaine ran into the building and her trainer entered, looking for where to set up.

Pictures for further description (click to show)

This post has been edited by knil1: Jul 27 2010, 11:33 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
knil1   Dança da Morte   Jul 15 2010, 11:09 PM
The Mad Hatter   His eye was visibly twitching. It was so… so...   Jul 16 2010, 12:20 AM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa sighed, slightly irritated, as he attempted ...   Jul 16 2010, 02:35 AM
Eremol   “A formal ball?” groaned Julian, as he glanced ove...   Jul 16 2010, 07:14 AM
Stasis Key   He was normally a calm person, but this? This was ...   Jul 16 2010, 10:37 AM
Tysm   Khezu curiously looked at the pink invitation. He ...   Jul 16 2010, 12:54 PM
knil1   Jened found a stage and meandered his way across t...   Jul 16 2010, 10:42 PM
The Mad Hatter   Benjamin tensed, smile flickering to a grimace bef...   Jul 17 2010, 12:25 AM
Kamaitachi   Leaning against the window, Kanoa found himself a ...   Jul 17 2010, 12:44 AM
Eremol   OOC (click to showhide)By the way, Kamaitachi, my ...   Jul 17 2010, 06:45 AM
Stasis Key   Verdani padded alongside the two, shooting hate-fi...   Jul 17 2010, 10:05 AM
Kamaitachi   ((OOC: Fixed the name, sorry Eremol. I's retar...   Jul 17 2010, 10:43 AM
Tysm   As strange as it may seem Khezu as actually enjoyi...   Jul 17 2010, 02:03 PM
knil1   Jened laid the violin in the case and opened the c...   Jul 18 2010, 12:44 AM
Eremol   A friendly battle? Julian was a little taken aback...   Jul 18 2010, 06:43 AM
Kamaitachi   ((OOC: This is a joint post between Eremol and mys...   Jul 18 2010, 10:14 PM
The Mad Hatter   “A-Air?” Benjamin blinked, and he stumbled along i...   Jul 18 2010, 10:59 PM
Stasis Key   'I don't know anything about special signa...   Jul 18 2010, 11:28 PM
The Mad Hatter   “Hmm… If no signals, then what could w...   Jul 19 2010, 12:02 AM
knil1   “Aglaia.” Jened looked over his new Pokémon, and s...   Jul 19 2010, 12:47 AM
Eremol   Julian and Kanoa walked back across the ballroom, ...   Jul 19 2010, 07:12 AM
Kamaitachi   "Really, drinking water at a fancy shindig. I...   Jul 19 2010, 08:49 AM
Eremol   When the pair had reached the top of the long stai...   Jul 19 2010, 09:22 AM
Stasis Key   'Girlfriend?' Beat echoed, a smile twitchi...   Jul 19 2010, 11:15 AM
The Mad Hatter   Afrit jumped when Ben had punched the wall, failin...   Jul 19 2010, 02:21 PM
Stasis Key   'Uh.' Beat blinked, not knowing what to sa...   Jul 19 2010, 11:28 PM
The Mad Hatter   OOC (click to showhide)This is a joint post betwee...   Jul 20 2010, 11:58 AM
knil1   Jened decided to wait outside until an opportune m...   Jul 20 2010, 03:33 PM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa flipped out his pokenav, eying it for a mome...   Jul 20 2010, 10:26 PM
Eremol   When Kanoa offered him the wine bottle, Julian she...   Jul 21 2010, 07:49 AM
Kamaitachi   "Oh man, I'm sorry Big Chief." Kanoa...   Jul 22 2010, 02:44 AM
Eremol   Julian looked down at the floor, finally quieting ...   Jul 22 2010, 10:15 AM
Stasis Key   'Alright,' Beat said, recalling Stahl. The...   Jul 22 2010, 10:25 AM
The Mad Hatter   Ben tensed a bit, letting out a small, “Ow!” I...   Jul 22 2010, 02:02 PM
Eremol   A flutter, a caw, pattering footsteps. Had Julian ...   Jul 22 2010, 02:30 PM
Kamaitachi   Growing increasingly bored as Julian trundled off ...   Jul 22 2010, 02:40 PM
Eremol   "This girl's bird flew off down the hallw...   Jul 22 2010, 03:10 PM
Stasis Key   Beat was more than a little concerned about the fi...   Jul 22 2010, 03:32 PM
Tysm   The party was at it's best. Battles both insid...   Jul 22 2010, 05:53 PM
knil1   casually followed the couple into the dining area....   Jul 22 2010, 06:17 PM
Eremol   Careful… Silent as possible… Julian was crouched ...   Jul 22 2010, 06:48 PM
The Mad Hatter   The fact that a lot of people were ending up near ...   Jul 22 2010, 10:48 PM
Kamaitachi   Everything was awhirl around Kanoa for the moment....   Jul 22 2010, 10:59 PM
Stasis Key   'Man, it's like a train wreck,' Beat m...   Jul 22 2010, 11:22 PM
Eremol   The top of the stairs, a minute ago so crowded, wa...   Jul 23 2010, 07:37 AM
Tysm   Khezu took a mental note of the request and follow...   Jul 25 2010, 11:51 AM
The Mad Hatter   Ben was, at the very least, certainly startled whe...   Jul 25 2010, 12:10 PM
Stasis Key   Beat's eye twitched. Evidently, the 'preci...   Jul 25 2010, 10:19 PM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa stepped out into the garden, stretching lang...   Jul 27 2010, 12:30 AM
Eremol   Julian was becoming anxious. The buffet was being ...   Jul 27 2010, 06:42 AM
Tysm   After taking a note of the requests Khezu headed f...   Jul 27 2010, 06:55 PM
knil1   Jened casually strolled down the halls. His night-...   Jul 28 2010, 12:04 AM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa tilted his head curiously "You're s...   Jul 29 2010, 11:34 AM
The Mad Hatter   Benjamin stared at Beat as he changed his mind, ba...   Aug 2 2010, 01:07 AM
Stasis Key   Beat winced as he took his water, the liquid slidi...   Aug 2 2010, 10:23 AM
Kamaitachi   Dismissed immediately. Evidently Kanoa's sunny...   Aug 2 2010, 03:23 PM
Eremol   This was insane. What the hell was he thinking? If...   Aug 3 2010, 07:05 PM
Tysm   The first thing Khezu noticed after returning to t...   Aug 3 2010, 07:05 PM
The Mad Hatter   Ben shivered slightly, eyes closing a bit. It woul...   Aug 16 2010, 01:16 PM
citation needed   A broad smile crossed Beat's face as he leaned...   Aug 16 2010, 06:27 PM
knil1   Jened watched as a group of girls sat and gossiped...   Aug 17 2010, 10:46 PM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa remained glumly seated, watching the party d...   Aug 19 2010, 02:36 AM
Eremol   The room in which Julian emerged was dimly lit, il...   Aug 19 2010, 09:58 AM
Tekno   "...Quite a furball of personality you got th...   Aug 22 2010, 07:08 PM
Kamaitachi   "Ohhh...I bet Big Chief is doing a little mis...   Aug 30 2010, 07:04 PM
knil1   The sole of Jened’s dress shoe grace the floor as ...   Sep 13 2010, 10:39 PM
Kamaitachi   Kanoa took a moment to study the pristine, decorat...   Oct 2 2010, 01:19 AM
knil1   Jened lifted the closet floorboard above the tunne...   Oct 2 2010, 11:01 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 06:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.