Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Invalid Pokemon selected
Tyranisaur
post Dec 30 2016, 01:56 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I have gotten this error message a couple of times when claiming eggs. I know it's perfectly normal to get one that indicates that the egg has likely been adopted by another user. However, this one is different, which is the basis for this report.

I have a little suspicion that the cause is that eggs are purged if there are too many, or they have been in the shelter for too long. It would seem really unfair that we are getting premature eggs when eggs are also removed from the shelter.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Dec 30 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #2

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Well, the Shelter page DOES say that eggs over 36-hours old, or those corresponding to overpopulated species, are removed, and that's been in place since before I joined. It very well could be the reason for the error.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 31 2016, 07:05 AM
Post #3

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

I usually get the 'Invalid Pokémon selected' error after I've left the Shelter page open for too long, it times out after a few minutes. Assuming you are talking about the message which also says not to leave two Shelter tabs open, or whatever.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Jan 1 2017, 10:20 PM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Dec 31 2016, 07:05 AM) *
I usually get the 'Invalid Pokémon selected' error after I've left the Shelter page open for too long, it times out after a few minutes. Assuming you are talking about the message which also says not to leave two Shelter tabs open, or whatever.

Oh my Arceus, this is the exact problem I have.
At the Lab too, whenever it lags when you pick something I just go to another tab and look at something while waiting for it to register I took something. Then I come back and need to do a full refresh in order to claim something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 3 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Spoiler (click to showhide)

These are the two error messages you talked about. I'm talking about a third one. I didn't encounter it again after making this thread, so I couldn't create an image of it.

Basically Spades is correct in that the shelter is made to remove eggs from the shelter if there are too many or they have been there too long. And it is technically working as intended when it does that. However, I am questioning the design choice of when this happens. Really only on high multiplier days with boosted breeding. The purpose of removing eggs is to reduce the amount of eggs that never get picked up. When simultaneously there are eggs of the same species that are hitting the 1 hour rule, there is a conflict of mechanics. Because the 1 hour rule exists to facilitate giving eggs to more users than just the top hatchers at times when there are too few eggs produced for everyone to get all they want. In short, this is a mechanic that kicks in when there are too few eggs.

I this conflict was very prominent all the way back when Eevee was the SWSH pokemon as well, but it was alleviated at that time. Could it be that the egg pruning threshold was simply increased, and it took until now to hit it at a time when we didn't want to hit it? Also, whenever the shelter prunes eggs, would it be for the best if it only prunes among the youngest eggs, to limit the conflict of mechanics?

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.