Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Port Barley
Master Houndoom
post Aug 11 2008, 08:58 AM
Post #41

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It had seemed that a fanfare had gone off in Jaima's head. Trumpets blaring, crowds cheering, the popping of flashbulbs in full stadium seats. And him in his underwear.

The dream had been so vivid that he sat up with a gasping start, flushed already from the "embarrassment" that he'd just lived through vicariously. A bleary look around, and he slowly remembered the truth.

He was in a pokécenter room he'd just shared with a girl he'd met yesterday. Who he'd agreed to travel with, because neither of them were local and had no friends. Whom he'd found attractive and a little scary at the same time. He looked across the room at her bed and noted that her pokémon were still asleep, but she was gone. He stood and stretched, stumbling into the bathroom to brush his teeth, bathe, and get into the clothes of the day. He selected a sleeveless green kung fu shirt with wooden fastenings, and a new pair of his usual black pants and slip on shoes. He checked his braid: He'd have to learn how to do it without Mariko or Natsume's help, but he thought he could manage. Eventually.

Walking back into the room proper, considerably more awake, he quietly shook his pokémon awake. "Come on, guys, we need to start planning for the day, and... um..." He scowled. He was forgetting something, but he didn't know what. He pulled out Grondir's vine decorated ball to recall him, then decided against it. "Let's stretch our legs a bit, huh," he whispered to his team. They all seemed happy to have the opportunity, with Fang crawling up to Jaima's head, Shadow perching on his left shoulder, and Ember and Grondir travelling on either side of him.

He made his way to the cafeteria, getting there just in time to see the loud trainer from yesterday get spilled on and slapped by two girls. He couldn't help but laugh. The laughter, however, was cut short by the sudden remembering of the thing he had forgotten in the room:

"Oh crap! My battle with Marmalade!!"

He dashed out, nearly causing Shadow to fall off his shoulder (A last minute desperate grab for Jaima's braid saved him, and Jaima was rushing too fast to feel the pain yet), and he dashed to the park, where Lemonade Johnson was waiting, a bit impatiently.

"Sorry," he gasped, putting his hands on his knees and trying to catch his breath. "I overslept." He gave himself a few moments to compose himself, then knelt down. "Are you guys ready," he asked his pokémon, looking each in the eye.

Fang bounced happily, making little "Nx, nx, nx!" noises as his tail lashed.

Grondir pushed up his front feet, tilting back and opening his mouth with a delighted hiss.

Ember seemed a bit shaky, but nodded resolutely, trying to hide her fear.

Shadow simply looked at him from his perch on Jaima's shoulder and nodded. "Ri."

Jaima nodded and stood. "Marmalade Johansson, you challenged me yesterday. I, Jaima Kuonji, officially accept your challenge. Grondir, get ready!"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 11 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #42

The Kid With the Funky Name
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 496

Active Squad

Jaima! Ha ha, what a funny name! Serves him right for calling my Marmalade. Lemonade thought as Jaima finished his sentence, then said, "All right, my first battle here in Furoh. By the way my name is Lemonade, Lemonade Johnson! Well anyway, let's get this party started!" Lemonade then grabbed his pokeball containing Rattata and said "Ratty, get ready to win!" and threw the ball up in the air. A greenish light came out of the light and materialized into a small purple rat.

--------------------

Lemonade Johnson, the Yellow and Green Freak

My Lucario

Inspired by Dark's Gliscor
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 11 2008, 10:35 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima's eyes narrowed. "All right, then, let's do this. Grondir, tackle, then follow up with a vine whip!"

"Saur!" replied the bulbasaur, charging toward the ratatta, vines emerging from the bulb on his back and trailing behind and above him, ready to strike as the plant pokémon either ran over or passed the purple rat.

Jaima bit his lip nervously as he watched. He didn't want to advertise, but this wasn't just his first battle in Furoh: It was his first battle ever.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 11 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Active Squad

The vine whip hit Ratty square in the forehead. "Come on Ratty! Use a tail whip, then use quick attack on it's bulb," Lemonade said, disappointed that he didn't get the first hit. The rattata did exactly as he said, but the bulbasaur didn't seem too phased. "Now, just wait for his next attack and use quick attack to dodge it."

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 11 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Rusty Abe @ Aug 11 2008, 10:57 AM) *
"Now, just wait for his next attack and use quick attack to dodge it."

Jaima licked his lips. "Grondir, growl at it, then," he paused to check his pokédex. It was a bad decision. "Stun spore," he called out hurriedly, but by that time the ratatta was on the move, didging to the side to let the spores fall harmlessly on the ground, then dashing forward, landing behind Grondir and knocking it into it's own spores. The pokémon stepped onto the spores and gave a croak, moving slowly and stiffly. "Aw, no!"

Jaima's lips curled against his teeth. He'd underestimated his opponent. It was a bad mistake to make.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 11 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

Active Squad

"Dang, that worked better than I could have ever hoped for!" Lemonade was smiling as he saw Grondir moving at half speed. "Ratty, I need you to use another tail whip!" and as he said it, the Rattata obeyed without question. "Now use a couple Tackles in succession!" Grondir was hit twice in a row, and was looking slower and more tired than before.

"Hey, Jaima! That dinosaur of yours is about to go down!"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 11 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Rusty Abe @ Aug 11 2008, 11:33 AM) *
"Hey, Jaima! That dinosaur of yours is about to go down!"

Both Grondir's and Jaima's eyes narrowed similarly, and Jaima called out, his voice low, "Grondir, do you want to come back?" The bulbasaur snapped back, "bulb!" before staring at the ratatta. "Then wrap him up and show him you're not quite out yet!

Once again vines whipped out of the bulb on Grondir's back, wrapping around the ratatta and squeezing him. It was too little, too late, as the ratatta struggled, accidently kicking his opponent in the head, knocking the bulbasaur out.

Jaima returned Grondir to his ball and closed his eyes. It isn't an official battle, it's just a challenge. Whether we lose or win, we'll learn. He smiled, a slow, almost wicked smile. "Your opponent is weak! Go get 'em, Fang!" he said, pointing his finger. Fang leapt off Jaima's head, spitting and hissing dramatically, but bouncing playfully around the ratatta, making the "Nx, nx, nx," sound he'd made before. Fang, Jaima was pleased to note, had picked up on his trainer's intent and was battling now for the fun of it instead of to win.

"Let's show Melonade a thing or two. Charge, then discharge!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 11 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Active Squad

"Can't you remember Lemonade? It's not that hard to remember!" Lemonade was a little ticked at this. He was surprised that such a simple kick from his rattata could knock out Grondir. While the Shinx was charging Lemonade gave Ratty the instruction to use a quick attack. Right as the attack connected Fang used Discharge and sent Ratty flying backward. "Ratty! Hurry and land, then use tackle." He landed in the gravel and started charging at the blue pokemon and hit it's rump.

To Lemonade this battle was for more than just practice, it was to climb up the champion ladder. He wanted to get as good as his dad was and better.

"So, Jaima, are you having fun?"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 11 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Rusty Abe @ Aug 11 2008, 12:26 PM) *
"So, Jaima, are you having fun?"

"I always have fun. Even when I'm not having fun, I'm having fun." Jaima could feel Ember cowering next to him. It seemed that she had gotten more frightened when Fang was called into battle. He had noticed that she looked after him when they'd caught him, but at the time it hadn't seemed anything to think about.

"Fang, counter with your own tackle!" Jaima hoped the move wouldn't be too detrimental to Fang, but, with the little pokémon being so young, he had to do his best.

Both pokémon hit head on, the clunk of thier heads striking causing everyone to wince as it echoed through the park. For a few tense seconds, both pokémon staggered and fell. Only Ratty was able to stand again, shaking it's head.

"CYYYYNDAAAAQUIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!" Ember's back flared as she glared at the rodent pokémon, charging in before Jaima could give her any direction.

"Um... Ember..?" He said, calling her name, but not realizing that she would take it as a command. She pitched forward to her front paws, launching sparks from the fire on her back at the ratitta.

This post has been edited by Jaima: Aug 11 2008, 12:42 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 11 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Active Squad

"That Cyndaquil looks pretty ticked off," Lemonade said to someone near by that was watching the battle. It seemed that two battles in the same week was really rare in Barley. This battle is turning out to be kind of a bummer. Not enough action on Jaima's part. "All right, Ratty, use quick attack on the swing to go up, jump off and then use tackle on that fire porcupine!" Lemonade shouted quickly.

Ratty was situating himself around the pole that looked more worn out than the rest because of yesterday's battle, then was parallel with the swing closest to Jaima and used Quick Attack and was soaring high. At the peak of the swing's arc, Ratty jumped off and was barreling toward Ember. It seemed it was going to make contact, but seemingly out of nowhere the Cyndaquil used a hugemongous ember attack and Ratty fell to the ground and didn't move.

"Whoa! Good job Ratty!" Lemonade said to his favorite purple pokemon. He grabbed his pokeball off of his belt and recalled Ratty. He then took off another oddly colored pokeball and his Riolu named Rosie came out.

"Prepare to be squelched by my fighting fury!"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 12 2008, 03:08 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima's teeth ground against each other in frustration. Ember had, so far, dominated her opponent, and except for one fact, it would give him hope for the battle: He was not in control.

He had never equated Ember with fighting. Maybe if he'd gone on his journey when he was supposed to, she would have learned to overcome her timid nature more naturally. As it was, she had been little more than a pet and care giver to the younger two on his team that she had become, if not out and out opposed to it, then reluctant to battle. Seeing Fang drop like he had must have brought out her mother instinct.

He also hated the look on Lemonade's face: resignation, disappointment, and possibly disgust for Jaima as a trainer. It made him mad, and anger wasn't going to help in this or any battle.

He had no delusions of winning. Grondir, who was his toughest, was down, paralyzed by your stupid call, Mr. Trainer, and Fang had been taken out so quickly that he'd barely gotten an attack off. Ember was running on pure rage, taking attacks she should have dodged in order to land a few of her own. From what he knew about fighting pokemon, the opponent's riolu was probably more able to take a hit than Ember.

Still, it might be too late to win, but it wasn't too late to learn. "Ember," shouted Jaima, in a voice of command he'd occassionally have to use on his sisters, "pull yourself together!" Like his sisters, the flaming echidna straightened up. "Agility!"

Rolling out of the way of a vicious attack, Ember scampered around the pole, waiting for her next command, sweating lightly. As he had expected, Ember was in worse shape than Rosie.

It was now or never. A last ditch effort. "Ember," Jaima called, "embers all around your opponent! Give her a hotfoot!" To Lemonade, jaima called, "don't count me out YET, kool-ade! The fat snorlax hasn't sung!"

This post has been edited by Jaima: Aug 14 2008, 09:13 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 12 2008, 06:37 AM
Post #52

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

Melinda quietly picked up her tray and put it onto the machine that washes them. Earlier, she briefly saw Jaima run in and then run right back out the door, without even saying hello. Oh well, he must have forgotten about his match," she thought. She walked past a few other trainers eating their breakfasts and made her way back to the room. As she opened her door, Taillow suddenly jumped on top of her, followed by Combee and Feebas. "You guys are so funny!" she yelled as they all tickled heron the ground. it seems that in her absence, they had all climbed on top of a bureau next to the door and planned to surprise Melinda. All Mindy could think of was how lucky she was to have such awesome pokemon for partners.

Then, she got up and addressed them. "Alright guys, I have a plan for today and know what we are going to do. Since Feebas is not pleased with her outer appearance, and that fact is hurting her on the inside, I propose that we all go give Feebas a makeover! What do you say?" she asked.

"FEEBAAAS!" yelled Feebas with excitement. Melinda had never seen such a happy pokemon in her life.

"Alright guys, so I'm going to return you all to your balls now and we're going to begin our 'extreme makeover'" she said brightly. She then picked up her pokeballs one by one from her belt and returned them eac ho their respective pokeballs. This is going to be fun... Melinda thought to herself. She left the room with her things and made her way out of the pokemon center. She wondered how Jaima was doing in the fight with that person who challenged him...

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 12 2008, 09:04 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

Active Squad

"All right, all right. I know you can't be that thick, it's easy to remember LEMONADE!" Lemonade was getting annoyed that Jaima couldn't remember such an easy name. "I know I'm at least going to make you remember my pokemon! Rosie! I know you can beat that mouse! Go, use Quick Attack" The fighting machine threw herself at Ember and hit it pretty hard. "Now, hurry and use endure before it can attack!" Rosie kneeled down and had her arms cover her face.

"Karate Kid, give it your best shot!"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 12 2008, 11:12 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima smirked. Maybe riling an experienced trainer wasn't that great a tactic. And he might have been imagining the look of disgust he thought he'd seen before; Lemonade's face hadn't changed, but his eyes were sparkling, and the smirk on his face looked more like concentration than disappointment. Or maybe he was just that sure he would win.

Stop thinking so much and fight, Kuonji.

"Ember, break her concentration!" Ember lookd back at him, the squeeked. Turning to Rosie, the echidna pokemon hopped side to side, growling. She did this three times, until the riolu, possibly confused by the display, raised her head. "Quick, attack!" Ember flipped onto her front paws, sending embers flying at the fighter. Though she took some damage, Rosie endured the attack.

Jaima smiled, but was distracted by Shadow fidgeting on his shoulder. He hadn't intended to battle with Shadow, but the hatchling seemed eager to test himself. "Ember, growl a bit more, then scratch! Hurry!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 12 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 962

Active Squad

Jax frowned at the battle he walked out on. With this going on there was nowhere to work on Volt Tackle. Flash was happy to sit and watch however so Jax sat down on a nearby bench next to an old woman. He smiled at her and she just looked plainly right through him. "So this battle is pretty hot huh?" Jax remarked without looking at her. She frowned at the battle, "These pokemon are weak, you know we used to have champion material in Barley." Jax's face sparked with a huge grin at the woman's words. "I know," Jax said, "I had a talk with him last night." The woman looked over at him, "Then you agree?" Startled Jax glanced back at her. "I'm not one to say. I've seen more exciting battles but I'm cheering for one of them. I can't say either of them is weak."

The woman stood up, or stood up best she could. She hunched over Jax, "Isn't it a bit girly to be carrying around a pink pokeball?" The woman smirked and walked off. WHAT!? I'm holding this for someone! I bet the pokemon in here can whoop any pokemon in the park! Jax stood up to go after the woman, but decided against it. It's not smart to start a fight with an old woman. Flash crawled down onto the bench and found his own seat. He didn't want to work on Volt Tackle, this was obvious, he was scared. He didn't have the Light Ball and he was going to get hurt. It was bound to happen.

Jax scanned the park, he was going to find someone to fight. He looked down at Flash, no he wasn't going to use this pokemon. He was going to use the one on his belt. He was sure it could beat someone in the park. He stood up and called Flash to his shoulder who reluctantly obliged. "Hey buddy, let's use Princess for a battle. I think she could use some exercise." He flipped the pokeball in between his fingers and peered out at the park. The battle going on now would have to finish before he could challenge anyone. He decided to sit out and watch in the mean time.
+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 12 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Melinda approached a large building with a hug sign above the door. As she opened the door, bells chimed to alert the clerks that there was a new customer in the store. She paid 10 poké to the cashier near the front door and her hand was stamped with a large red heart. The room had a citrus colored linoleum floor, with the borders of each tile being lighter than the inside of each square. The walls were covered by beige paint with red hearts scattered across the top of the surrounding walls. There were two tables pushed together with a cloth with the same heart pattern covering them. Along the tables were 6 chairs of each side, so a total of twelve. On the other side of the room were the main focal points of the room.

The Poffin Baker. In the past, Mindy had made decent quality Poffins. It was on a table surrounded by four chairs, similar to the ones across the room by the eating tables. There were two of them, but two trainers trying to make their Poffins occupied one. Luckily, the second was not occupied, and Melinda had it all to herself. The baker had an orange base with a slot for putting berries in. On top of the base was an orange bowl-like basin for the mix. The basin was covered by a glass cover with beige knob for removing it for the making of Poffins.

She walked up to the contraption, sat down on a chair, and took out her package from home. Melinda placed it on the table the machine was resting on, and opened it. Inside were a dozen Ganlon berries, each wrapped with special care, to make sure they were not damaged in the flight to the Furoh region. She made a silent prayer that her baking would be successful, and took the glass cover off. Mindy inserted a berry into the hole, pulled her hair back with a hair tie, and began to make the Poffins using the Ganlon berries.

Mindy stirred each Poffin and let the Baker do the rest. It baked each Poffin, with the help of Melinda, to perfection. Melinda focused very hard on each and every one. She didn't want to give her pokemon anything less than the best. On every berry, she would mix it very lightly in the beginning. But as time progressed and the Poffin got harder and took shape, she would stir more vigorously. It was very difficult to do, and time consuming; but she knew that it was well worth it. When all 12 were finished, she let them cool on the tables on the opposite side of the room to the Baker.

Next, she called each of her pokemon out onto an individual seat. They were all very excited to see a yummy-looking Poffin in front of them. Each one ate it, but some liked it more than others. Always giddy and jolly Taillow only ate it because of all the hard work Mindy put into it. In truth, he did not like how the Poffin was so dry. He prefers them when they are sweet. However, the laid back and lax Combee and the ever so modest Feebas enjoyed the truly enjoyed the Poffins. In fact, Feebas adored them! Melinda was shocked, as she did not expect any of them to like the Poffins she made so much. Feebas had four more Poffins before she was finished, and boy, was she stuffed. Melinda only smiled, she was glad that she was able to put her cooking to good use.

She returned them all after having their lunch, and cleaned up the space where they ate and the Baker she used. A former girl scout, one of their motto's was "Leave a place cleaner than before you used it" and she continued to live by that. Mindy did so because she thought it was a good practice. Be grateful for things you use, basically. And Melinda had a lot of things to be grateful for, especially her wonderful adoring pokemon. She packed up the remaining five Poffins into a bag and carried them around with her. She left the Poffin Bakery with high spirits, and left to go find Jaima. "Maybe he's at the battle park with his challenger" she thought. It was her best shot. It was 1:00 P.M., and proposed that the battle was probably over. But nevertheless, she would be there to support him in his endeavors. After all, they are traveling partners, that’s what they are supposed to do. She walked down the busy boardwalk, en route to the battle park where thought Jaima might be and near where her battle the previous day was.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 12 2008, 10:51 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Active Squad

The plan had worked. Lemonade was planning on Rosie getting hurt, that's what he needed. As he saw Rosie breathing hard he shouted, "Rosie, use COUNTER!" Lemonade was truly feeling the battle now. Rosie put her palms together and then thrust them outward and a big blast of bright blue energy shot out from them and was hurtling toward Ember.

It with such force Lemonade was surprised that the porcupine wasn't sent flying, but it did seem rather exhausted.
"COME ON! Just faint!"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 13 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Ember panted, then flipped to her forepaws to send another round of embers at the riolu. As they flew toward the other pokémon, Ember completed the flip, lay on her back, and fainted. The sparks disappeared in mid air.

"Oh, sure," Jaima joked, hiding his worry as he recalled Ember to her ball, "You'll listen to Feraligatr-ade, but not to me." A few people near him chuckled. Jaima looked to his left shoulder, where Shadow sat. "OK, buddy. You seem to want to have a go, so go for it. But be careful," he called as Shadow leapt from his shoulder, landing in front of Lemonade's Rosie.

Shadow shifted his feet back and forth, throwing as few punches in the air, looking up at Rosie. Rosie blinked, then shifted her feet, stepping into a back stance, her left paw extended toward Shadow's chest. She flipped the paw over and waggled the digits, egging him on.

Shadow narrowed his eyes and attacked, stepping forward to launch a kick from his back foot. Rosie dodged easily, sending a spinning kick at Shadows head, hitting him with a glancing blow as he dodged frantically. Shadow flipped sideways, but rolled to his feet and dashed at Rosie, leaping when he was half a step from her. The larger riolu sidestepped, sending the smaller one to the ground with a chop as he passed.

Shadow stood, shaking his head. Rosie tilted her head, blinking as Shadow approached her, warily. She nodded once, beckoned again, and hopped lightly. Shadow charged.

Shadow punched and kicked, advancing as Rosie retreated. Rosie dodged easily, egging the smaller pokémon on. When Shadow dropped to try to sweep her leg, she jumped. When he leapt to try to knock her from the air, she twisted, pulling his leg so that he passed her, uncontrolled, and landed hard. He stood, narrowing his eyes, but swaying a little bit. Rosie waggled her paws again, making a little chuckle sound in her throat, and Shadow, enraged, launched himself at her again.

Lemonade and Jaima were both watching, bemused, as the two pokémon scuffled. A girl standing behind Jaima muttered to her friend, her voice laced with annoyance. "That bigger one is teasing the smaller one! She's so mean!"

"No, she's not being mean," Jaima said, looking back and smiling a little. "She's not teasing him. She's teaching him!" As he looked back, he spotted Mindy watching the action. When she looked at him, he smiled and turned his attention back to the battle.

Sure enough, Shadow was getting better, recovering faster from Rosie's dodges, countering her blocks with combinations of strikes. As the minutes went on, Rosie went from strictly dodging to countering as well. Both pokémon were now locked in combat, strikes leading to blocks, which turned into dodges. As Shadow improved, Rosie increased her attacks, challenging Shadow to improve even more.

Finally, after a good long battle, Rosie stepped back. Neither pokémon showed any sign of fatigue, but there was a tension in the air, a kind of crackling energy that caused the audience to grow quiet. Even the two trainers were watching in anticipation.

As if by a signal, both riolus launched themselves at each other, twisting and turning, striking with paws, feet, and elbows, all while still in the air. They landed feet from each other, on the opposite side of the makeshift arena from which they started, turned, and leapt with a cry. Rosie's clenched paw landed on the top of Shadow's head between his ears at the exact moment his outstretched foot impacted under her chin. Both fell away from each other, twisting in mid air, and landed hard on the ground, both knocked senseless.

The crowd was silent for a split second. Then a boy on the edge of the circle of people shouted, unaware that he was speaking into silence. "That... was... AWESOME!"

The crowd cheered, people nearest the trainers patting them on the back and congratulating them both on a well fought match.

"I don't get it," said one of the girls who'd complained about Rosie teasing Shadow. "Is it a tie?"

"As far as I'm concerned, Lemonade won," Jaima said, collecting Shadow. "He beat my four with his two."

Jaima approached Lemonade and stuck out his hand. "Good battle, Lemonade. Thanks for making my first one so memorable."

After shaking Lemonade's hand, he walked to Mindy. "Hope you don't mind if we delay leaving for a bit. I think my kids need a while with the nurse."

This post has been edited by Jaima: Aug 13 2008, 02:34 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 13 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

The crowd dispersed as soon as the friendly battle between Jaima and his opponent finished. Melinda jogged over to Jaima to congratulate him on a job well done. "Did I hear that that was first first battle ever? That's amazing! You really held your own out there. I'm sure that you will make a great battler when you get more practice." she told him very matter-of-factly. She wasn't lying at all, it really was a good battle, from what she saw and his pokemon learned a lot as well. "Oh, and about leaving Port Barley. We can leave whenever you are ready. Don't worry; I'm in no rush at all." she said with a smile. Mindy enjoyed the nice, quiet port town with its boardwalk and beaches.

"What would you like to do for the rest of the day?" she looked up at the sky. The sun was not at its highest point, it was farther than that. "I guess that right now its between 2:00 to 3:00 P.M. We still have lots of time left in the day. We could hang out in the beach, or we could train our pokemon...Oh, oops, that's right. Your pokemon are all tired out. Well, I guess that option is out." she blushed. "Wow, that was dumb," she thought. "Maybe we should take your pokemon to the center first to get them into good care for resting and recovering from the battle."she pronounced strongly. Melinda looked to her left and saw the boy that she had challenged yesterday talking to the opponent of Jaima. Oh god no., she thought. She quickly grabbed Jaima by the arm and began walking away, praying that he wouldn't spot her.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 13 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 962

Active Squad

Jax smiled largely, he had watched the battle since the rattatas were going at it, and he was pleased with the results. He slowly sat up and stretched giving Flash plenty of time to make his way back onto his shoulder. As he walked over the Lemonade he sidestepped a few children but hesistantly passed the cute girls who were behind Jaima during the fight. Jogging the thoughts from his head he eventually made it over to Lemonade. He grabbed him around the shoulder and spoke loudly into his ear as if the two were across the park from each other, "I do say Lemonade, that was a fantastic display. I do say that perhaps you might be as good as me one day!" Jax smiled at him and awaited his reply.

In the mean time however he quickly scanned the park and spotted the girl he was looking for talking excitedly to the boy who Lemonade had just finished battling. He smiled and got an idea. He turned back to Lemonade disregarding what he just said. "How about we do a double battle tomorrow. Your pokemon look exhausted, so tonight doesn't seem quite right." Jax chuckled to himself, "I rhymed." He pat Lemonade on the back.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:30 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.