Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Program the actual moves they learn?!, Blastoise with recover?! Ugh. MAGIKARP WITH WATERFALL?! Blasph
Yanmegarocks
post Jul 20 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 96 837

Active Squad

I hate that some pokemon can have moves they can't even learn... I mean that mystery guy SWEPT me with a magikarp! That just really hurt my self-esteem..... and my poor level 100 buterfree can't learn any good moves.... headache.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Inu
post Jul 20 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #2

Charitard
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 8 398

Soul Silver Team

You can use type gems to give your Pokemon attacks from other types. ^^

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

Yanmegarocks
post Jul 20 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Problem is, I don't know how to get them. :/
+Quote Post

Superbob
post Jul 20 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 547

Active Squad

QUOTE(Yanmegarocks @ Jul 20 2011, 02:13 PM) *
Battle Tower achievements (maybe some other achievements too in the newest bunch) and first place in the weekly hunts gives a hold item (I got two gems from my first place finishes)

This post has been edited by Superbob: Jul 20 2011, 01:21 PM
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jul 20 2011, 01:22 PM
Post #5

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Yanmegarocks @ Jul 20 2011, 07:13 PM) *

Well you know the team right? Adapt your Pokémon around your team happy.gif If you want I can give you a list of Pokémon I used to get master battler etc.

Or at least how to beat that NPC wink.gif

PM me if you want some help or something happy.gif

But you can get Gems from the Backroom (if you're lucky) and being first place in the Weekly Contest.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jul 20 2011, 01:34 PM
Post #6

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Here's some basic things to know about battling that will make things a bit easier:

1. At best, Pokemon can have 1 move that doesn't correspond to their type. So Magikarp, for example, would have 3 Water moves and 1 move of another type.
1a. That extra move cannot be a move that would be super-effective against it. Magikarp could not carry a Grass or Electric Gem, so Flying/Water Pokemon would not be hit super-effectively.
2. Mono-type Pokemon used by the NPC will often have both of the Strong Attacks of that type, so bring in a Pokemon that can resist it (another Water type, or perhaps a Dragon type vs Magikarp) to "stall" their PP away.
3. If they are carrying a Choice Item (their attacks are really strong, or they tend to go first even if they are normally slow), they're locked into one move. If they start with a Strong move, they'll use up all their PP and switch to a Weak move afterwards. Use it to your advantage by bringing in Pokemon that resist its attacks.

Really, the battling here is MUCH more predictable than in the games given the limited movepool for the Pokemon. Even ???, with his Pokemon on steroids, can be taken down once you sit down and look at the kinds of moves his team would have. You then need to pack in a few POkemon to counter them, as well as some backups with perhaps hefty defenses, and you'll be set.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Inu
post Jul 20 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #7

Charitard
Group Icon

Soul Silver Team

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Jul 20 2011, 08:34 PM) *
Really, the battling here is MUCH more predictable than in the games given the limited movepool for the Pokemon. Even ???, with his Pokemon on steroids, can be taken down once you sit down and look at the kinds of moves his team would have. You then need to pack in a few POkemon to counter them, as well as some backups with perhaps hefty defenses, and you'll be set.

You're comment on the Pokemon just cracked me up! xD
Btw, I take ??? down with ONE Pokemon. It carries it's name not for nothing: http://gpxplus.net/info/oadOd
Quite good IVs (Especially in HP, ATK and the DEFs), Leftovers and Swords Dance. 3x Swords Dance and ongoes the ???-bashing.

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jul 20 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #8

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(Inu @ Jul 20 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Btw, I take ??? down with ONE Pokemon. It carries it's name not for nothing: http://gpxplus.net/info/oadOd
Quite good IVs (Especially in HP, ATK and the DEFs), Leftovers and Swords Dance. 3x Swords Dance and ongoes the ???-bashing.

For a while I had a Bastiadon with Lefties/Ancient Power/Nasty Plot/Iron Defense/Amnesia tanking 4 or 5 out of the 6 Pokemon; I'd take out Magikarp with a Grass Gem Empoleon, then bring him in on Pichu or Sunkern, buff up, and sweep. If I ever decide to go back in to the BT (already have all the achievements from there), I might go the Ferrothorn route.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Yanmegarocks
post Jul 20 2011, 02:18 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Jul 20 2011, 03:13 PM) *

For a while I had a Bastiadon with Lefties/Ancient Power/Nasty Plot/Iron Defense/Amnesia tanking 4 or 5 out of the 6 Pokemon; I'd take out Magikarp with a Grass Gem Empoleon, then bring him in on Pichu or Sunkern, buff up, and sweep. If I ever decide to go back in to the BT (already have all the achievements from there), I might go the Ferrothorn route.

Thse pokemon I have:
Lucario, Blastoise Clone, Rayquaza, Groudon, Butterfree, Heatran, Raichu, Zoroark, Typhlosion, Fossil Kabutops, Fossil Armaldo, Fossil Bastiodon, and fossil bastiodon.
+Quote Post

Inu
post Jul 20 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #10

Charitard
Group Icon

Soul Silver Team

QUOTE(Yanmegarocks @ Jul 20 2011, 09:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Jul 20 2011, 03:13 PM) *

Thse pokemon I have:
Lucario, Blastoise Clone, Rayquaza, Groudon, Butterfree, Heatran, Raichu, Zoroark, Typhlosion, Fossil Kabutops, Fossil Armaldo, Fossil Bastiodon, and fossil bastiodon.

I use above mentioned Ferrothorn (my little One Man Army <3), Mightyena, Arcanine, Blastoise, Jolteon, Machamp, Mamoswine, Rhyperior and Infernape (for Joey Leavanny, Hitmontop and Terrakion)

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jul 20 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #11

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

When I face NPCs, I simply observe their pokemon... See what pokemon would be right for that situation and prepare myself for it.

I can see a lot of people actually doing that as well x)

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

ShadowKing14
post Jul 20 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 862

Active Squad

Inu may I ask for your move pool for Ferrothorn? Mine has Vine Whip, Metal Claw, Iron Defense, and Rest, but its not the best set.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inu
post Jul 21 2011, 12:44 AM
Post #13

Charitard
Group Icon

Soul Silver Team

QUOTE(ShadowKing14 @ Jul 21 2011, 05:34 AM) *
Inu may I ask for your move pool for Ferrothorn? Mine has Vine Whip, Metal Claw, Iron Defense, and Rest, but its not the best set.

Aren't the attacks shown in it's information Window?
Well, mine has Vine Whip, Metal Claw, Swords Dance and Amnesia, although I only use Swords Dance nowasays to just swipe the NPCs away.

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

ShadowKing14
post Jul 21 2011, 01:20 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 862

Active Squad

QUOTE(Inu @ Jul 20 2011, 10:44 PM) *
QUOTE(ShadowKing14 @ Jul 21 2011, 05:34 AM) *

Aren't the attacks shown in it's information Window?
Well, mine has Vine Whip, Metal Claw, Swords Dance and Amnesia, although I only use Swords Dance nowasays to just swipe the NPCs away.

Thnx I'll give it a try. Btw the Pokemons in the Battle Tower do not show their moves.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:03 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.