Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
WiFi issues, Connected, but not connected?
Rzx282
post Jun 14 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 8 645

Active Squad

(First, I apologize if this is in the wrong area. I'm assuming that since there are other WiFi support threads here that it's allowed.)

I recently had my computer wiped due to some issue that was making it really lag...I managed to get everything reinstalled, except...

My WiFi adapter. I have the Nintendo USB WiFi adapter, and a wireless internet connection (broadband card). Just before the wipe, everything was working fine, I was able to connect to the GTS through my Diamond.

I didn't think anything of reinstalling my WiFi, since I only use it to trade with and battle one of my friends. Then, a few weeks ago, my friend said he'd managed to breed a shiny female Dratini for me (I'd been wanting to recreate my Dragonair from Crystal, due to the incompatibility between it and the later games). So first thing I did was go to reinstall my adapter.

I followed the directions exactly, did everything that I did last time I installed, the installation failed. No big deal, it took me three tries to install the first time. I tried again, got it installed. I then went to register it so my DS could connect to it, allowed the connection...

The connection was registered successfully, both on my DS and the WiFi message on my laptop. However, when it goes to test the connection immediately afterward, it says there's no connection available. The error code (I don't remember which it was, and I don't feel like another fail-test right now) support tells me it's probably an issue with my firewall and to disable it and my anti-spyware. Firewall was already disabled, so since I couldn't disable Spybot I uninstalled it...tried again...

Same problem...

Tried again, same problem... This continued for hours before I decided to just stop.

Also note that the entire time my DS is giving me this "No wifi registered" error, it is connected to my WiFi adapter (and is registered as connected to my adapter).

Am I just SOL with WiFi, or is this an error I can fix? I know the Nintendo adapters aren't the best, but it is literally the only adapter I can find anywhere (the others I can find are all falsely advertised and don't allow WiFi connection).

Edit: Fixed the problem with help from someone on another site.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 03:13 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.