Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Appreciation Station, Where we gush about everything we like on the site! :]
Gryphaena
post Apr 18 2020, 07:53 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

So it seems there was an appreciation thread made ten years ago, found here: What's Your Favorite Part of the Site?

In light of COVID-19, I, along with users Kingis & Tyranisaur thought we would reboot the idea, sharing what makes us appreciate the site for bringing some cheer around these here parts! :]

Please don't share sarcastic posts.

Please don't grumble about other users or other parts of the site here.

Let's have fun! grin.gif

I'll start: I appreciate GPX+ for having the smoothest clicking mechanics I've found in a Pokémon adoptables website,
having a list of achievements that are a mix of insane to beginner-friendly,
having a simple shiny hunt mechanic (just hatch eggs, no items needed!)
having Explorations that are fun & a great way to see some Pokémon artwork,
having Moderators that are not ban-happy,
having an equitable Donor mechanic that gives everyone a chance to benefit,
fostering a great community on the Discord,
& donating revenue to charities, I remember we donated to the ACLU another time, I think.

This post has been edited by Gryphaena: Apr 18 2020, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kingis
post Apr 18 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 638

Exploders~ (no pun)

Tyranisaur helped too, don't forget!

I really appreciate the time and effort that's put into making new sprites for the site, Pokemon as well as eggs. They are very good and very high quality! love.gif

--------------------

Also helping edit the GPX Wiki, PM me if you have any information that can be added
Spread the positivity! (GPX+ Appreciation Station)
Kormi#1421 @ Discord (click below to join and say hi!)

Shiny list (144) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Apr 18 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #3

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

Good point, I'll include Tyranisaur.

I also appreciate GPX+ for having users that point out mistakes in a friendly way!

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Apr 18 2020, 08:15 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Long ago I played a bit. And finished just before burning out.

< long time away >

And after the years and clicks elsewhere upon returning to this site I found its familiarity and new things and just seeing little pokemon hatch would bring a smile to my face.

It is just a simple happy feeling that my days had all too often been missing.

So... happy clicking, happy hatching and happy explorations.

-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Apr 18 2020, 09:30 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

I love that after 11 years of playing that this site is still around and adding new things. I'm glad that the creators still care enough to keep it going.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Apr 19 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #6

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

I also appreciate my fellow users who are part of my two GPX+ Groups, The Networking Ninjas & The Postal Service.

We help people get Social Network & send out Sky Gifts respectively.

I started these groups back in 2015 & I am humbled that there are still some users who are still with us participating in our goals. :]

& also the users who aren't part of my Groups but still help me when I ask them if they would add a fellow user for Social Network.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

The quiet wolf
post Apr 20 2020, 12:54 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 80 437

I appreciate the ability to maintain a connection with the world of Pokémon through this site, and to be able to find shiny Pokémon at a reasonable rate. The first time I heard about shiny Pokémon was in a guide magazine for Gold & Silver when I was very young, around the release of those games, and it always stuck with me as a big part of "catching them all"- trying to find one that wasn't the obligatory Red Gyrados. GPX made it possible for me to do that without plunking a crazy amount of time in to a game pak- especially in the context of the site's genesis, before a lot of the new games and features have come about to make obtaining shiny Pokémon in the physical games easier.

This is now easily the most interaction I get with Pokémon, and I am very grateful for the site being around for that.

Thinking about the site is honestly pretty crazy as well when you think of how long it's been going, & the various features. It's pretty easy to make a site like this shoddily and without depth- clearly not the case; and impressive as well to design it in a way and get it to a place where it could function more automatically (the scavenger hunts, Poké Hunts, and SWSH are quite brilliant in their simplicity but giving the site a regular shared 'event' to participate in). I'm again thinking of the start of the site- it started very simply and grew into what it needed to be. Now there are a variety of ways to interact with your Pokémon and in some ways the site resembles and can be compared with an early generation game without the overworld aspect- hard for me to pay it a higher compliment than that.

I feel like I interact with the site a little differently than most that are still around/the site's most notable users, typically being on for months at a time and then going dark for years; and keeping my communication, especially the last few rounds of activity I've had, limited to occasional forum comments and not much else. Not really intended, just how it's worked out with life. To be able to come back at different times and get the same magic I felt the first time I was on, while also getting a new experience each time... new things to accomplish... that's special with that in mind (I'm so tickled to be doing the Arceus exploration for the first time right now, it reminds me strongly of being here when I first signed up, seeing the Godsend achievement, thinking "maybe one day").

Different folks with different interests/preferences in what they want out of a game like this can get a great experience at the same time. Again goes back to the depth of the site and a testament to the work of the folks behind it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kingis
post May 15 2020, 03:30 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Exploders~ (no pun)

QUOTE(Jon Snow @ Apr 20 2020, 07:54 AM) *
I appreciate the ability to maintain a connection with the world of Pokémon through this site, and to be able to find shiny Pokémon at a reasonable rate. The first time I heard about shiny Pokémon was in a guide magazine for Gold & Silver when I was very young, around the release of those games, and it always stuck with me as a big part of "catching them all"- trying to find one that wasn't the obligatory Red Gyrados. GPX made it possible for me to do that without plunking a crazy amount of time in to a game pak- especially in the context of the site's genesis, before a lot of the new games and features have come about to make obtaining shiny Pokémon in the physical games easier.

This is now easily the most interaction I get with Pokémon, and I am very grateful for the site being around for that.

Thinking about the site is honestly pretty crazy as well when you think of how long it's been going, & the various features. It's pretty easy to make a site like this shoddily and without depth- clearly not the case; and impressive as well to design it in a way and get it to a place where it could function more automatically (the scavenger hunts, Poké Hunts, and SWSH are quite brilliant in their simplicity but giving the site a regular shared 'event' to participate in). I'm again thinking of the start of the site- it started very simply and grew into what it needed to be. Now there are a variety of ways to interact with your Pokémon and in some ways the site resembles and can be compared with an early generation game without the overworld aspect- hard for me to pay it a higher compliment than that.

I feel like I interact with the site a little differently than most that are still around/the site's most notable users, typically being on for months at a time and then going dark for years; and keeping my communication, especially the last few rounds of activity I've had, limited to occasional forum comments and not much else. Not really intended, just how it's worked out with life. To be able to come back at different times and get the same magic I felt the first time I was on, while also getting a new experience each time... new things to accomplish... that's special with that in mind (I'm so tickled to be doing the Arceus exploration for the first time right now, it reminds me strongly of being here when I first signed up, seeing the Godsend achievement, thinking "maybe one day").

Different folks with different interests/preferences in what they want out of a game like this can get a great experience at the same time. Again goes back to the depth of the site and a testament to the work of the folks behind it.

Whole-heartedly agree with a lot of this. The Arceus, the shinies... although even at this rate, I sometimes dread not getting them for a long time and then it's like "ugh finally". I have an ongoing quest for shiny Living Dex in Gen VI so I totally relate with being able to find shinies here at a reasonabl rate.

And with the events - you're right! I am thankful that we have that, they add some special something that makes it just that much more enjoyable.

--------------------

Also helping edit the GPX Wiki, PM me if you have any information that can be added

+Quote Post

Forever Fantasy
post May 15 2020, 07:09 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 86 345

Active Squad

I agree with the shiny rate. Shiny-searching is what I mainly do on GPX+.
Whenever I hatch a legendary, I get excited because there's a genuine chance it'll be shiny.
+Quote Post

Astolfo
post May 17 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #10

ohohoho
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 392

All Shinies.

I can appreciate that no matter how long I go on hiatus for, this site is always there when I come back. Home to some incredible memories and friends for me, even if I'm not online or clicking I still have those fond memories of skype group chats at 2am. I've even seen some of those friends take huge strides not only on GPX but in life too. Here's to another 10+ years of fond memories.

--------------------

If you want a banner from me, then PM me, I would happily do it for you happy.gif

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

Kingis
post Sep 19 2020, 07:27 AM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Exploders~ (no pun)

I want to appreciate specificlly PokeNOM and the cool event we got. This random out of the blue occasion gave something new and exciting to look for, which made it super fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kingis
post Mar 2 2021, 06:30 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Exploders~ (no pun)

This got quiet, but I want to appreciate all the hard work that's been going into making the sprites for GPX recently. We got some amazing stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Apr 21 2021, 07:11 PM
Post #13

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 069

Unown

I'd like to give a shoutout to whoever did the sprites for some recent legendaries, they nailed it! The sprites look so clean and really, they look like they came straight from the original games. Especially these:

(And I haven't seen Moon Necrozma yet but I bet it's just as great)

This post has been edited by Pyotr: Apr 21 2021, 07:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Movie Theater
post Apr 22 2021, 10:26 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 82 573

Active Squad

I love how addictive this place is. So many hiatuses (mini and long), but somehow I always come back and there's still something new.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Apr 30 2021, 03:06 PM
Post #15

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

I appreciate people who will come to the forum and help others with questions!
You guys are awesome.

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post May 4 2021, 01:01 PM
Post #16

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I mentioned it a little in the May monthly thread, but the one thing I'm glad I have GPX for is just the ability to appreciate Pokemon that I like. I've developed what I refer to as a "semi-competitive" mindset when it comes to Pokemon and the main series, essentially meaning that typically I use Pokemon that I like, but I want them to be the best as they physically possibly can.
For instance, even though a Pokemon like Rampardos, one of my favorite mons, is considered kinda bad, I love using it, but want it to be the best it possibly can be competitively(in this case, something like Jolly with the proper IVs and EV investment, with Sheer Force and a Choice Scarf).
Because of that, and because I just have a good amount of competitive knowledge, I kinda have this lens that I look at Pokemon through, even if I'm just replaying a game casually and because I want to. I want to use Pokemon that I like and that aren't quote-on-quote "bad" or "non-viable".

With GPX, I don't really have to worry about that. I don't battle, I don't really use the VS Seeker. GPX lets me embrace not only the other aspect of Pokemon that I really focus on which is shiny hunting, but also just being able to enjoy Pokemon that I like. 90% of what I do on GPX is just shiny hunting for Pokemon that I want, and I'm glad I can do that without needing to care about their IVs, their nature, what abilities they have, etc. It just lets me enjoy Pokemon for what they are, almost like when I was a kid.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.