Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
I might be finished with Pokemon
The Risin Salama...
post Jul 2 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #1

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

I've lost many battles lately, and frankly I just might quit. Only one battle I'be fought recently has prevented me:

3 vs. 3 match(I won't say name of characters)

Me- Empoleon, Staraptor, Rhydon
Other guy- Dugtrio, Milotic, Arceus(obviously hacked, but not stat hacked)

I start out with Empoleon as usual, and the other guy sends out Dugtrio, the worst oppenent for Empoleon possible. Lucky me, I get to move first. I use Surf, ad its one hit K.O. AWESOME! awesome.gif laughing.gif Next, he sends out Milotic, which was pretty good for me. i use grass knot on Milotic, and it only gets half hp down. It uses Mud-Slap on me, and that defeated my Empoleon. dry.gif I send out Staraptor, and my Starpator finishes off milotic with Fly after losing a lot of hp from Ice Beam. Apparently, his Arceus had a Spooky Plate, so my attacks did work, but my Staraptor wasn't doing a lot of damage. He fainted, and Arceus still had green hp. I send out Rhydon to finish it, and lucky me, my quick claw works. It let me use Stone Edge, and Arceus had red hp. We both didn't have items, so it was pretty hard going on for him. He uses Judgement on me, and it lowers my hp down to red. irritated.gif I'm doubting myself, since Arceus will probably go first, but then i realize that'll be my downfall. I try to use earthquake, but his Arceus used Protect. My Quick Claw works for the last turn, and I win with Earthquake. woot.gif

This battle gave me hope, but i still thought of quitting Pokemon. I hope battles go better so I don't have to. nod.gif

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Prince Drakion
post Jul 2 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 832

the dudes

QUOTE(The Risin Salamance @ Jul 2 2009, 07:54 PM) *
I've lost many battles lately, and frankly I just might quit. Only one battle I'be fought recently has prevented me:

3 vs. 3 match(I won't say name of characters)

Me- Empoleon, Staraptor, Rhydon
Other guy- Dugtrio, Milotic, Arceus(obviously hacked, but not stat hacked)

I start out with Empoleon as usual, and the other guy sends out Dugtrio, the worst oppenent for Empoleon possible. Lucky me, I get to move first. I use Surf, ad its one hit K.O. AWESOME! awesome.gif laughing.gif Next, he sends out Milotic, which was pretty good for me. i use grass knot on Milotic, and it only gets half hp down. It uses Mud-Slap on me, and that defeated my Empoleon. dry.gif I send out Staraptor, and my Starpator finishes off milotic with Fly after losing a lot of hp from Ice Beam. Apparently, his Arceus had a Spooky Plate, so my attacks did work, but my Staraptor wasn't doing a lot of damage. He fainted, and Arceus still had green hp. I send out Rhydon to finish it, and lucky me, my quick claw works. It let me use Stone Edge, and Arceus had red hp. We both didn't have items, so it was pretty hard going on for him. He uses Judgement on me, and it lowers my hp down to red. irritated.gif I'm doubting myself, since Arceus will probably go first, but then i realize that'll be my downfall. I try to use earthquake, but his Arceus used Protect. My Quick Claw works for the last turn, and I win with Earthquake. woot.gif

This battle gave me hope, but i still thought of quitting Pokemon. I hope battles go better so I don't have to. nod.gif

dude you got to stay cool during the battel.......ok this might help try to think out a stragy or if ur like me forget all those week moves that are sopose to help ur pokemon and go for the powerful moves.........pokemon master.keep your hopes up!!!!!! crazy.gif

say hello

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gumshoe
post Jul 3 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #3

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 683

~

Wow, from what you've told in that battle you sound like a great battler! Don't lose hope, maybe try a few different move sets and pokemon. I'd be thrilled if I even beat the Dugtrio and Milotic in a battle, let alone an Arceus with how rubbish my team is. The thing is, even when you lose a battle, you can try some of the opponents techniques out for yourself. If you just swept the competition, there wouldn't be any fun because your not at the edge of your seat wondering how the battle is going to turn out. I think the battle you described was amazing and I hope you continue to get battles like that. teehee.gif

This post has been edited by Tadase: Jul 3 2009, 04:58 PM

--------------------
{}
"Bzweeeeep! Sorry, don't mind me.
What I'm using is an invention of mine.
"

{}

I'll always click back asap and feed the best berries. <3
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 3 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #4

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

The Salamance Group

Thanks, but my strategy mostly works with empoleon. If I had porygon-Z, I'd win more battles. But then again...
Anyway, my battles do go good usually, but me losing them was pretty uncommon. I almost never lose my cool, but after three consecutive losses, I just couldn't. Dugtrio was most commonly used in those battles, and it was faster. With it's arena trap, I couldn't switch for uxie. I don't use speed ups or anything like that, but I use moves like waterfall, grass knot, etc. I just hope myGarchomp goes through for me, because I don't want to use legendaries.

--------------------

Aragornbird's pic.

CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

+Quote Post

Shutter Blues
post Jul 3 2009, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 25 364

Team Blues

Do you EV train?
Either way, I'd battle you once I get a new DS.
I'm sure I could help boost your ego a bit. xP

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 3 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #6

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

The Salamance Group

Yes, I EV train, that's how I win. IV's don't really help, so I EV train with the Power items.

--------------------

Aragornbird's pic.

+Quote Post

Illusione Tempus
post Jul 4 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #7

Addicted to Dragalia Lost
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 314

Milotic

I will be pleased to battle you when I got wifi proudbow.gif

Look, all you need is a little more effort. Without effort, you can't reach anything! Well I never have wifi or such, but I know what it feels to battle people you don't know... (The last Wireless battle I have, my friend sends out a female Empoleon o_O.gif)

EV training is good, and focusing on moves that fit with your pokemon really helps. Like, if you got a pokemon with high Sp attack, it's a wise choice to add more moves that are related to it, but not too much. nod.gif

People have a chance on winning and losing. Nobody can lose forever, and nobody can win forever too. Losing 3 times in a row could happen too, like me. But the only thing that keeps me strong is the will to be greater than tomorrow.

By the way, why do you use a Rhydon instead of a Rhyperior? unimpressed.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jul 4 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

I must say, I'm impressed. The true meaning of these battles is not to win or lose, but to get to know others.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 4 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #9

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

The Salamance Group

I have Protector and everything, but man oh man, do people want to trade for ubers. I know the gltich and everything, but Rhydon looks better to me. Besides, he still needs to lear all his moves, so I can't evolve him yet. Effort is really the way to go, though effort is something I don't usually stick on with, mostly because games seem kinda easy. I guess, when you fight with Pokemon games, you get a diffeent perspective when you battle somebody else. The only physical move I have is waterfall with my Empoleon(FEMALE), so I use somebody like Garchomp or Giritina to back that up. I pack some powerful punches, but I can't always win. yourmove.gif I use more of the overused pokemon, like Blissey or Snorlax. I just wish I had a Spiritomb. Then, we'll see who wins...

--------------------

Aragornbird's pic.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.