Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stealth Rock makes all the difference.
Flamewire
post Jul 3 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 36 859

Active Squad

So I was on Shoddy while clicking some eggs on here, then I get a challenge, from a curious fella named EternalWinter. The first match was a disaster because he turned on Level Balance instead of Evasion Clause, so we quit and tried again. It was an excellent match. Now enough with this, click the spoiler tag to begin!

Battle (click to show)

Props:
- Rotom
- Infernape for setting up SR
- Stealth Rock
- EternalWinter for an awesome match.

Slops:
- Hax
- Magnezone for doing nothing
- Latias for doing nothing
- Him switching out Garchomp...

MVP:

My giant toaster-monster of awesomesauceness.

And yeah. Thanks for reading.

This post has been edited by Flamewire: Jul 3 2009, 03:58 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Profe
post Jul 3 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #2

Lavender Water
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 050

Eggs

Hearing this makes me wanna use SR more but I don't battle online much so I don't see the point. Plus, I don't wanna take away any of my Bronzong's moves for it...

EDIT: Good team and battle btw

This post has been edited by xGVx: Jul 3 2009, 03:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Flamewire
post Jul 3 2009, 03:56 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the comments. ^_^.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jewelwriter
post Jul 4 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #4

Magician in training.
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 158

My Girls

I agreee when you say that. All moves can make a diff but all moves can be good. Though I'm curious on what you think of. Are you a solo battler or a doubles? That single fight is something cool don't get me wrong but I am curious on what you think of other stuff.

--------------------
Eggs & Pokemon (click to show)

Extras (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 4 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #5

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

LOL people also don't get a certain other switch move....I think you all recognize toxic spikes right? There's regular spikes too. Toxic spikes is the better one. Nice battle, I wish I could battle you. Recently, I trained my Shelgon. It'll be a Salamance by the time I battle again.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Flamewire
post Jul 4 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the comments, both of you. =D

Jewelwriter: I play singles most of the time, because there's no doubles in Shoddy. And I don't have wi-fi, so I can -only- play on Shoddy. In Shoddy2 there's doubles though, so I'm going to try that out.

@ The Risin Salamence:

Toxic Spikes -is- better than Spikes IMO, but the thing is it doesn't always work. If his last Pokemon was a Salamence, and both Toxic Spikes AND Spikes were in play, then he would have won, because it isn't affected by either. Heatran would have been immune to Toxic Spikes. Stealth Rock is so important because it hits EVERYONE. Granted, some Pokemon only take 3% from it (coughLucariocough) but it can't be avoided. (Save Clefable)

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 5 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #7

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

One question: Is SR counted as an attack? I mean if it isn't, clefairy and clefable can avoid it with magic guard. Shedinja is by far the only pokemon it would hit hard and destroy a pokemon. Stealth Rock was made for strategists, that's for sure. I can't work with strategy, I only work with skill and type advantage. I win most battles because I get lucky with the pokemon they use, rather than the pokemon I use. By far the only move I think shold be called uber is Judgement. Use it with Arceus and the right plate, the battle is over. July 18th it's coming to Japan on Platinum and I think DP, but not really sure. I'm pretty sure we all know Judgement is the strongest move, but I'm just saying that Stealth Rock isn't like that. Stealth Rock can be countered two ways however, unlike Judgement.
1. Destroy the pokemon
2. If you're lucky enough that they use a move besides SR, attack.
It's always vital to have a rapid spinner in the group, counting SR. That's why it isn't so uber. My Starmie can counter your Infernape completely, so that's prett pathetic of people to say there should be a clause. JUST GET A STARYU OR STARMIE AND EV TRAIN IT, GOSH.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.