Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Mystical Marvels, The group for psychic pokemon ~ Contest deadline extended!
BrainpanSonata
post Jun 25 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #21

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

Ah, okay then. The Meditite egg will stay out of the roster at your request, then.

In other news, I'm making a minor change to the minimum requirements for how you get the Celebi Badge. Since the Mew Badge and the Mewtwo badge are basically counterparts to each other, having either one will meet that part of the minimum requirements.

EDIT: I just remembered that those two badges are now of a trio of what can essentially be called "bragging rights" badges. So I'm going to changing the rules so that having either the Mew Badge, Mewtwo Badge, or the Lugia Badge meets that part of the minimum requirements.

EDIT2: Congratulations, Booklover323, for the evolution of your Staryu and Mime Jr. into Starmie and Mr. Mime! I've added your Starmie into the roster and edited the roster to reflect that your Mime Jr. has evolved.

Speaking of edits, I've also edited "Will There Be Badges" spoiler in the OP, since we're getting very close to having actual visual badges. I don't mean to brag, but the thirteen badges that Lady Entei has already made are really impressive. Lovely spiffy shiny things... dowant.gif They kinda make me wish I hadn't done that whole "opting out of earning every badge by having just the Arceus badge" thing.

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Jun 25 2009, 12:15 PM

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jun 25 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #22

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

I wanna join! Or, rather, Alto wants to join. ^__^

http://gpxplus.net/user/MystykFyre

Dats me!!

Dats Alto. She's my Ralts. She wants to be a Gardevoir but I haven't had much success figuring out how to evolve her even as far as a Kirlia... So she's stuck as a Ralts until such a time as I know how to evolve her. sad.gif But hey, she's psychic, right?

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
+Quote Post

Lightningstreak
post Jun 25 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #23

Level Something-or-Other
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 928

Active Squad

Uhh, Brainpan? -pokes post announcing Lugia badge named after Silvere Flyte- I be a girl. xDDDD No hard feelings though. x3

Aaaaanyhow. Wait, we're getting visual badges now? WOOT! 8D

--------------------

Personality Tests (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 25 2009, 02:53 PM
Post #24

Don't trip, chicken strip!
Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Active Squad

Deoxys egg get. <3

Does this mean I am elegible for a Mew badge?

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 25 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.

The Phantom Parade!

Oh, sorry about that Lightningstreak. Eh heh heh... with all the multitasking I end up doing here (click backs, Uprising RP, etc.), sometimes even the most basic of details gets overlooked. I've made notes now so that little slip-up won't be repeated.

MystykFyre- Welcome to the group! You have a Chingling egg in your party. If you want, I can add it into the roster as well. You'll qualify for the Abra Badge if you have two or more psychic-type pokemon in the roster. No pressure, though, since it's entirely up to you.

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
+Quote Post

Lightningstreak
post Jun 26 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #26

Level Something-or-Other
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 928

Active Squad

LOOKIT AT MAH DEOXYS EGG. 8DDD -dies of happiness-

--------------------

Personality Tests (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 26 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lightningstreak @ Jun 26 2009, 06:00 AM) *
LOOKIT AT MAH DEOXYS EGG. 8DDD -dies of happiness-

WOO HOO WE ARE DEOXYS BUDDIES 8D -high fives-

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jun 27 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #28

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

Dingding wishes to join now.

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 27 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Alright, MystykFyre! Having the Deoxys egg in the roster ears you both the Abra Badge and the Mew Badge.

I myself squeed loud enough to rouse the dog from the other room when I logged on today and found an Azelf egg in my party. I had been so hoping for a psychic-type egg from this event and had my heart especially set on an Azelf egg. Commander Whimsy is definitely made of uber-awesome.

Gonna go add the three new entires into the roster now. Then I have to play a massive amount of "ClickerFlood Clickback Catch-Up" before I go out to do some RL volunteer work today.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RedGardevoir
post Jun 27 2009, 12:41 PM
Post #30

Psychic of the People
Group Icon

Member No.: 605

Psychic Assisstants

I'm in I'm all about psychic pokemon.

Unfortunately i can't put my pokemon in pics right now cause i have a full party.

I have a Mime Jr., Girafarig, Gardevoir, Gallade (not yet but once i get a dawn stone), another ralts on the way, Chingling. That's it so far but...oh and an Azelf on thew way too ^,.,^

I can help make banners and and things if you need help just tell meh. haha. Count me in guys!

--------------------
[align=center][spoiler=Red's Eggs]
[/spoiler]
[/align][align=center][spoiler=Rp's]

Elemental

Shipwreked Chapter1

Pokemon Academy

Shadows of War

[/spoiler][/align]
[align=center]Run at the sight of my Goddess Red Gardevoir![/align]
[align=center][/align][align=center] Thanks for the banner Missy Artichoke![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center] :gardevoir: I Claim Gardevoir! :gardevoir: [/align]
[align=center]Kanto Mew Mew! Like Tokyo Mew Mew, but with a Pokemon twist!
Still accepting applications! Join today!
[/align]
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 27 2009, 01:47 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Glad to have you with us, Red Gardevoir! We accept eggs as well as pokemon, so those pokemon "on the way" can be entered into the roster right now if you want. Also, if you could post the link to your party page so I can add you to our Member List?

As soon as I come back from the volunteer work I have to do IRL today (I expect to be back no later than 5:00 PM CST, rough estimate), I'll look up your party page and add your pokemon into the roster.

Edit: Okay, I've returned from volunteering. Looking over your post again, I realized that you did want those eggs entered into the roster; otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned them.

NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT The badges are done!

Yep, those shiny, spiffy badges that Lady Entei has worked so hard on are finally finished and you can now see them in the Badge System spoiler!

However, we're not ready to dole out badges to everyone just yet. Since there's a limit of 27 images per post, it's been realized that simply posting the image of each badge next to every member's name wouldn't work.

So I'm going to work on making a badge case template that can be used and updated for every member as needed. Until then, we'll all just have to ooh and ahh over the badges in the Badge System spoiler while I sweat over a hot copy of Paint Shop Pro.

(Don't worry, guys, this shouldn't take too long. A few days at the most. I've already got the layout of the template planned and drawn out, I know exactly what to do with the layers and text vectors and such, and I've got the intended colors and gradients for the template preset. The one involving the most work will be my own badge case, and I can always put that one off until last.)

Additional Announcements

Aeronea's Beldum has evolved into a Metang! Congratulations, Aeronea and Metang!

Also, I'm editing the "Awarded Upon" section for the Lugia badge since it's technically incomplete and thus likely to be confusing. It should include that fact that entering a pokemon into the roster which is already level 100 earns you the Lugia badge, along with the fact that I might notice via a pokemon's posted BB badge code that it has reached level 100 before you notify me.

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Jun 27 2009, 06:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 27 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Active Squad

x

Current number of eggs together: 16 (will be edited whenever they make eggs)

Breeding until I get the Mesprit Badge, then I might switch out Shiny Abra with another poke so I can get the Azelf Badge.

Once it hatches I'm breeding it with Mime Jr/Abra/Other so I can get the Gardevoir Badge. :3

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jun 29 2009, 09:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 28 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(BrokenLatias @ Jun 27 2009, 11:24 PM) *
x

Current number of eggs together: 6 (will be edited whenever they make eggs)

Breeding until I get the Mesprit Badge, then I might switch out Shiny Abra with another poke so I can get the Azelf Badge.

Once it hatches I'm breeding it with Mime Jr/Abra/Other so I can get the Gardevoir Badge. cat.gif

Well, then, once you decide who's getting paired up with your Ralts, announce it and post the BB codes here and you'll have earned your Gardevoir Badge.

Also, if I could get the BB code of one of those eggs produced by Kenii and Mime Jr., you'll earn the Uxie Badge. If you don't have one of those eggs, I have an alternate method listed below.

Also, I should probably point this out:

Like the Roster badges, the "breeding trio" badges (Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf) are typically earned sequentially. The Gardevoir Badge doesn't follow this rule and meeting its requirements to certain extents can also earn you one or more of the other three Breeding badges. When this is the case, exceptions will be made in the order of awarding the "Breeding trio" badges.

The sequential rule is there because there are hidden patterns
and meanings in the badges based not just on the pokemon that represent them, but on the idea that the badges range in difficulty level from easy to medium to hard.

Uxie- Knowledge: The breeder knows how to pair up psychic type pokemon within the proper eggs groups in order to breed them. (Difficulty Level: Easy)

Mesprit- Emotion: The breeder has not only dedicated time and effort, but is also emotionally dedicated to breeding psychic pokemon. (Difficulty Level: Medium)

Azelf - Willpower: The breeder has the willpower and determination to go through the time-consuming and sometimes frustrating process of matching up breeding pairs and producing a set number of eggs with more than one pairing. (Difficulty Level: Hard)

However, when you add the Gardevoir Badge into the mix before you've earned all the "breeding trio" badges, the rules about sequence and potential difficulty go out the window, mainly because you can kill two or more birds with one stone. There is no rule against this, nor is it frowned upon, because efficiency is a good thing IMO.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, BrokenLatias, what I'm trying to say in your specific case is:

If you breed your hatched egg with either Kenii or Mime Jr. (egg groups willing), it will still count as the second pairing needed for the Azelf Badge (this is listed in the disclaimers for obtaining that badge). Thus you could breed ten eggs by the suggested pairing and earn the Azelf badge after you've earned the Gardevoir Badge. Your current pairing that you're using to earn the Mesprit Badge will meet half the requirements (once you reach ten eggs or the full fifteen, your choice) if you choose to use this method, and thus make things more efficient.

And also posting the pairing of your Gardevoir Badge couple along with the BB code of an egg produced by the pairing would earn you the Uxie badge without the need to earn the "breeding trio" badges in sequential order. (If you earn the Mesprit badge before your Ralts hatches, that is.)
~~~~~~~~~~

NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT!
Despite having to deal with yet another click tsunami today, I rolled up my sleeves (Wait, this shirt has short sleeves... never mind, you can't even see my shirt over the internet. Forget I said anything.) and cranked out the template for the badge cases. Boomshakalaka.

That's it right there. The boxes may look sloppy, but I actually placed the actual badges on the template and then used the rectangle tool around them as I went along, so those boxes are slightly larger than the badges themselves. All of which I resized slightly (except for the Lugia Badge) so they'd be visible on the badge case. Some of them were about 23 by 22 pixels, and this badge case is 400 by 300 pixels. ( I tried making it in 400 by 250, but that was too short for the placement of the badge rows.)

So anyway, your name goes in the short, long box on the top and the badges you've earned go in the rows of boxes below. Order is Roster badges in the top row, Breeding badges in the middle row, and Special badges in the bottom row. When you earn a new badge, I go in to my saved file of your badge case, add in the badge, and replace the old image with the new one.

Well, I need to get back to the Paint Shop Pro and start working on your individual badge cases. Then when I've finished them all and I have a chance to not double post, I'll create an updatable "Member Status" post that goes a little something like this for each member:

Member's Name
Number Of Pokemon Member Has In The Roster: #
[Member's badge case with their name and the badges they've currently earned]

In other news, Billy Mays- the charismatic TV infomercial pitchman whose enthusiastic pitches of household products earned him a place as a pop culture icon- passed away in his home last night. Had he not died so unexpectedly, he would have turned 51 next month. He will be missed.

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Jun 28 2009, 08:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 28 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Active Squad

That's a good method. :D I will try that.

And about posting the code of one of the eggs, I'm afraid I can't do that, as I send all of my eggs to the shelter. But I CAN post you the direct link of one, if that's ok with you.

http://gpxplus.net/info/AwN0Zwp0

I also have a suggestion for a cool badge that is kind of hard to earn. How about a badge earned if you get every single Psychic type in your Dex? Just a thing I thought of today. :3

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jun 28 2009, 07:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 28 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Oh, I was so busy with the last wave of the click tsunami I didn't see your post. Would've saved me an edit.

You've earned your Uxie Badge, then, since I was able to verify through the link that your pairing has produced at least one egg.

If you're going to go for the Celebi Badge like you've been planning to, you'd better get to work on earning your Roster badges. Given how many badges you've earned already and how eager you are to help the group, I'd say you don't need to earn the Gallade Badge in order to earn the Celebi Badge.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have badge cases to work on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 28 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Active Squad

o: Wow, really? Thank you so much! It's really an honor. <3

This motivates me to work even harder for the group! HURRAH! THIS IS SPARTAAAA! *shot*

Lame sparta jokes aside, I think I might take a vacation from the Savior Project so I can have an extra slot open for more Psychic eggs. That way, I can get the Roster badges faster. And also, good luck on the badge cases. :3

EDIT: I've let the Savior Project know that I need all of the slots in my party for Mystical Marvels. Therefore I am able to adopt this:

Drowzee egg, as my eighth Psychic pokemon in the roster. :3

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jun 28 2009, 08:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 28 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Active Squad

Oops, double post

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jun 28 2009, 09:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 28 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Double post? Looks like that's my cue...

(I thought it would be easy to make the individual badge cases after making the template, but wow. Cranked them all out like boom, boom, boom, boom. blink.gif facepalm.gif smile.gif woot.gif )

Member Status (Updated 06/30/09) (click to show)

Also, I've updated the roster to include the new eggs of BrokenLatias and the fact that I just evolved Decroux, my Mime Jr., into a Mr. Mime tonight.

(Oddly enough, whenever I edit the OP now, the closing tag for one of the spoilers disappears when I preview the post or try to submit the modified post and always ends up needing to be replaced. Luckily enough, the forum system is such that it won't let me submit the edited post without all tags in place and gives me a notifications every time those wayward tags wander off to wherever they keep slipping off to. It's the weirdest thing, really.)

Brainstorm from BrainpanSonata! Those of you who haven't yet earned the Deoxys Badge now have a chance to do so! Any member who posts a humorous short story explaining where the missing tags end up will not only provide amusement for myself and the group, but will also earn the Deoxys Badge for contributing creatively to the group.

(And the fact that I'm having these weird thoughts right now should indicate just how late it's starting to get where I am. But that doesn't change a thing. I'm a whimsical kind of person who loves me some silliness. Especially if it stars either Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, or Adam Baldwin. But that's beside the point altogether. Why did my stream of consciousness voice just start sounding like Nathan Fillion's character Malcom Reynolds from Firefly? Man, I love that show. Gorramit, I need me some sleep.)

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Jun 30 2009, 03:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

mehitsme
post Jun 28 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 439

Invalid

I would like to join!
http://gpxplus.net/user/mehitsme

This post has been edited by mehitsme: Jun 28 2009, 10:36 PM

--------------------
One of these days I'll get around to posting my art blog.
I DON'T have a gender.
It, Ze, they, or Jay(my nickname) please.
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 28 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Active Squad

Whoa, that one was a page stretcher. :P Well anyways, woohoo for my pairing's eighth egg! :D

Also, welcome Mehistme~! ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:12 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.