Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Mystical Marvels, The group for psychic pokemon ~ Contest deadline extended!
DoggyEars
post Jun 28 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #41

Fire and Flames~
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18 414

~<3

Badgecases look good! grin.gif But.. did you save them in .png format? They look a little fuzzy :/ Maybe it's just the neon colours b0rking my eyes O_e

And, I. Must. Get. All. Breeding. Badges. dowant.gif I wonder if I should switch out Onix and Porygon and do that now, or what until a friend gets a Porygon and Crystal Onix...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 29 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #42

Don't trip, chicken strip!
Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Active Squad

Woohoo! Spoink and Natu hatched! :3

In their place, I've adopted two eggs; a Slowpoke egg and a Meditite egg, making them my 9th and 10th roster Pokemon. Woot!

Also hooray for my psychic pairing's 10th egg! :D Only 5 more to go until the awesome Mesprit Badge is mine at last. ^^

One last thing, since I have Photoshop and am considerably good at it, do you want me to remake the badge cases? I have a cool template in mind, and I think it will look nice. I could also be in charge of fitting everyone's badges into their own badge case. Not that I think your badge cases or bad or anything; I like them a lot. :3 I just want to improve them a little bit. It's OK if you don't want me to. It was just a friendly suggestion. :3

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jun 29 2009, 11:32 AM

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 29 2009, 03:55 PM
Post #43

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

About the badge cases- .png? No, .gif... pinch.gif

Go, ahead, BrokenLatias. They're all yours. I'll PM you the resized badges or you can ask Lady Entei for the originals. I resized all my saved badges when working with them except for the Lugia and Arceus Badges. We'll also have to keep up a PM back-and-forth of info and images to keep the Member Status up to date.

Speaking of badges... when you crank out the new badge cases, toss the Wobbuffet Badge onto yours as well. I'll tell you some more about that when I PM you.

And let's not forget...

Our new member, mehitsme! Welcome to the group! The interesting fact in your journal educated me, the nicknames of your Deoxys and Girafarig amused me, all ten of your pokemon are being entered into the roster as I type this, and you've earned the Abra, Wobbuffet, and Mew Badges.

Wait, did I type something last night? Oh, yeah... IT'S A CONTEST!

(Oddly enough, whenever I edit the OP now, the closing tag for one of the spoilers disappears when I preview the post or try to submit the modified post and always ends up needing to be replaced. Luckily enough, the forum system is such that it won't let me submit the edited post without all tags in place and gives me a notifications every time those wayward tags wander off to wherever they keep slipping off to. It's the weirdest thing, really.)

Brainstorm from BrainpanSonata! Those of you who haven't yet earned the Deoxys Badge now have a chance to do so! Any member who posts a humorous short story explaining where the missing tags end up will not only provide amusement for myself and the group, but will also earn the Deoxys Badge for contributing creatively to the group.

Given the fact that not only did another one of those little tags disappear while I was entering mehitme's pokemon into the roster, but I got a GREY SCREEN OF DOOM before it happened (requiring me to hit back on my overworked browser and click the "Preview Post" button again), what I said last night while sleep deprived (it was really only 10:30, the real sleep deprivation part was that I ended up staying up until 2:30 after I got offline) still stands. And since that whimsical little bout of sleep deprivation kept me from writing out the rules to the contest last night, I'll do so now.

CONTEST: Write a short story with this theme- "Where do missing BB tags go after they suddenly disappear from an edited post?"

RULES

1) To enter simply post your story within this thread. You are only allowed to post ONE entry.

2) All submissions MUST be entered by 07/07/07. That's two weeks not counting today. Anything after that will not be accepted as a legitimate entry and will be disqualified.

3) Once all members of the group enter a submission or 07/07/07 rolls around, whichever comes first, I'll judge the all the entries and decide which one is the funniest/silliest/best written/most intriguing... just generally which one is the best out of all of them. Then i will make a post declaring that one the winner and the member who wrote it will receive the Deoxys Badge as their prize.

4) Any member of Mystical Marvels can compete. If you win and you've already have the Deoxys badge... well, I'll just have to think of some other cool prize to give you. (Maybe I'll dust off my old copy of Diamond, PM you my friend code, and we can arrange a trade via PMs and Wi-Fi?)

5)The overall piece should be in a humorous tone , but you can use or add other genres- film noir, mystery, fanfic (fanfics that aren't Pokemon fanfics will be allowed, though i may have to turn to Wikipedia if I don't recognize the fandom), romance... anything goes, as long as it has a general underlying tone of silliness. After all, this is story about where BB tags go after they suddenly vanish.

6) There's no restrictions to who you can use as your characters or what places you can use as your settings. It's your story and your imagination... go wild with it if you want to!

7) The fact that the Uprising RP has just made their first contest, which is also a themed writing contest is an absolute coincidence. I came up with this idea on a spur-of-the moment whim last night and did not steal it from them, while they announced their contest this morning. I have yet to conclude, though, whether or not that have stolen the idea from me. Just kidding. However, I did totally rip off the idea of the contest rule that is actually a joke form NPR's Whaddaya Know. Being an avid listener of that show, and one who is frequently frustrated by failing to make it onto the "Whaddaya Know Quiz" every time I call in to answer the preliminary question, I am not ashamed to admit this.

So now that you know the rules to the contest... nothin' to it but to do it!

Meanwhile, I have research to do in order to plan out some stuff for my Uprising RP char and an entry I'm typing out for said Uprising RP contest. Oh, yeah, and yet another day of Click Tsunami. But I'm sure today won't end as late as yesterday.

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 29 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

Active Squad

8D Party, my Mime Jr. and Shiny Abra had their 16th eggie! WOOHOO! B3 Since my Ralts egg isn't hatched yet, I'll try and find something else to breed it with.

--------------------

<Cube> "Optimus Prime held Bella in his arms, sparkling in the sunlight. Pulling her closer to his massive robotic lips, he whispered "Does my chrome chassis dazzle you?""

+Quote Post

DoggyEars
post Jun 29 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #45

Fire and Flames~
Group Icon

~<3

QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jun 29 2009, 03:55 PM) *
They're all yours. I'll PM you the resized badges or you can ask Lady Entei for the originals.

THAT'S why they look fuzzy. You resized them XD Doing that to a sprite always seems to mess up the quailty.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lightningstreak
post Jun 30 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #46

Level Something-or-Other
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 928

Active Squad

=o A short story contest? MUST WRITE PIECE. -starts scribbling-

--------------------

Personality Tests (click to show)
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 30 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(Lady Entei @ Jun 29 2009, 10:18 PM) *
QUOTE(BrainpanSonata @ Jun 29 2009, 03:55 PM) *
They're all yours. I'll PM you the resized badges or you can ask Lady Entei for the originals.

THAT'S why they look fuzzy. You resized them XD Doing that to a sprite always seems to mess up the quailty.

The worst part was I could never get them to exactly 120%. *hangs head in shame* But now that we have BrokenLatias handling all that with Photoshop, it should look much better and more professional than my amateur attempts. Honestly, I'm more skilled as a writer/RPer than a graphics worker.

8D Party, my Mime Jr. and Shiny Abra had their 16th eggie! WOOHOO! B3 Since my Ralts egg isn't hatched yet, I'll try and find something else to breed it with.

Congratulations! Mesprit Badge get! /LoZ reference

BTW, even if you don't breed your Ralts with Mime Jr. or Kenii, they still count as one of the two pairings needed for the Azelf Badge.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm making a brief update to the roster to add the Natu egg I picked up last night. Like I said, I'm a RP kind of gal, and I'm currently involved in Uprising RP. Though you guys already know that from a previous post.

Well, I've taken up a whim to go on a Natu hunt so I can find a female one with a modest nature and name it Serenity, after my RP character. If there's any pokemon that Serenity is most like, it's Natu/Xatu. If my current egg ends up hatching into a male, I'm going to put him into the daycare with Cassandra- who's already there- and breed my way to a Serenity.

And the Natus that hatch afterwards and are either male or female and not modest? I really haven't the heart to abandon a pokemon (and neither would Serenity), so we're probably going to end up with a Natu count that rivals our Ralts count.

This post has been edited by BrainpanSonata: Jun 30 2009, 11:24 AM

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
+Quote Post

Happiness
post Jun 30 2009, 02:02 PM
Post #48

The Raichu
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 288

Thunderbolt

Ermm... May I join...?

This post has been edited by Midnight Dreams: Jun 30 2009, 02:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 30 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(Midnight Dreams @ Jun 30 2009, 02:02 PM) *
Ermm... May I join...?

Sure! Just post the link to your party page and you and your Ralts will be added in. We use the party page links in our Member List, so it's kinda required.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jun 30 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #50

Group Icon

Active Squad

I have successfully finished all of the member cases. ^^ I've put them in a spoiler tag because it stretches the page down a tad bit.

Cheese! (click to show)

Hope you all enjoy them :D

--------------------

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jun 30 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

Wow. Don't those look AWESOME?!

Those of you who've looked at BrokenLatias' new badge case may have noticed something a little peculiar. That's because, well...

Needless to say, taking on the task of not only creating but maintaining the badge cases for each current and future member of the group is something that takes a lot of time, effort, and dedication to the group.

And since this particular badge was created for the purpose of honoring those hard-working member who dedicate much time and effort to the group...

I am proud to now officially present the Celebi Badge to BrokenLatias.

Congratulations, BrokenLatias. You've certainly earned it.

In other news, the Member Status post on page two of the thread will now be updated to include the new badge cases, mehitsme's member stats, and any needed readjustments to individual roster counts.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Happiness
post Jun 30 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #52

The Raichu
Group Icon

Thunderbolt

Oh ok. Sorry...

My Party

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lightningstreak
post Jul 1 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #53

Level Something-or-Other
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 928

Active Squad

It's a Natu! 8D

--------------------

Personality Tests (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 1 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #54

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

I wanna sign up..even though I have few psy's...
http://gpxplus.net/user/The+Risin+Salamance
I really wanna join since I'm not in any group currently.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jul 1 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(The Risin Salamance @ Jul 1 2009, 09:49 AM) *
I wanna sign up..even though I have few psy's...
http://gpxplus.net/user/The+Risin+Salamance
I really wanna join since I'm not in any group currently.

Glad to have you with us! I checked your party page... do you have any other psychic-types other than your Ralts and Azelf egg?

Either way, you've already earned both the Abra and Mew badges.

In other news-

Midnight Dreams has been added to the members list. Midnight Dreams' Ralts and Lightnightstreak's Natu egg have been added to the roster.

BrokenLatias' Shiny Abra Kenii has evolved into a Shiny Kadabra! Congratulations, you two!
woot.gif

Adding The Risin Salamance and Ralts and the Azelf egg, and Kenii's evolution, into the OP now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jul 1 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

Woohoo! Thanks, BrainpanSonata. ^^ I'll work extra hard for Mystical Marvels in honor of that shiny Celebi Badge.

And also, woohoo for evolution! :D I would have taken them out of the daycare, but I'm egg locked. :/ Once an egg hatches, I'll take the Mime Jr. out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jul 1 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #57

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

Ok, I'm working on getting a smoochum now, then jynx. I'm going to update my party sooner or later.

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Happiness
post Jul 2 2009, 11:31 AM
Post #58

The Raichu
Group Icon

Thunderbolt

May I please add my Abra egg?

Edit: Spelling Error...

This post has been edited by Midnight Dreams: Jul 3 2009, 08:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

DoggyEars
post Jul 2 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #59

Fire and Flames~
Group Icon

~<3

O___O Those badges cases look awesome, BrokenLatias grin.gif

And, um. That is all. NO WAIT. I have two more Ralts to add.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bachuru
post Jul 2 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Active Squad

Baaw, thanks Lady Entei. ^_^ I worked hard for them to look good.

And, me and BrainpanSonata apologize to MystykFyre for forgetting you in the badge case transition. I have made both TRS's AND MystykFyre's today, so we hope you like them. =3

ALSO, MY RALTS FINALLY HATCHED!

:D WOOT WOOT! I am now gonna stick it in the daycare with Shiny Kadabra so I can get the final two breeding badges. :D Wait, scratch that, they're not in the same breeding group. :| Crap. The breeding badges will have to wait, then, until some more of my eggs hatch.

This post has been edited by BrokenLatias: Jul 2 2009, 01:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:49 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.