Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 01:23 AM
Post #1261

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

I should probably look into Trinket trading on the forums; honestly, I generally don't venture too far out of this thread at any given time.

RNG decided to bless me with a Wormhole and I got punted a Cosmog Egg, so I'm hoping for either good IV's or a Mind Shard. grin.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Bard of Rage
post Aug 21 2018, 04:46 AM
Post #1262

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 87 777

Active Squad

Either the Pokerus odds have changed since I was last active, or I'm really lucky. My Jangmo-o caught it a few days ago, and just a few minutes ago I clicked the Users with Pokerus list again and now my wild Kecleon for TBD has it. Speaking of...

I'm liking the Scavenger Hunt so far, haven't really had any difficulty with the tasks. Normally I open Pokechests as soon as I get them, but for the SH I've been hoarding them for trinket tasks and I'm itching to get the notification gone.
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 21 2018, 09:29 AM
Post #1263

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

Gave a spicy berry to your Kecleon, Bard. Hopefully you'll finish the task soon!
I'm not having problems with the scavenger hunt either, been able to complete all the tasks so far. Which one do you prefer, the scavenger hunt or the swsh? I like the swsh more happy.gif

I'm hunting a shiny Gastly in UM right now but since it knows spite I'm glad I brought a Smeargle that knows Recycle+Substitute holding a Leppa Berry.
The other day I mentioned I wanted to find a dratini to shiny hunt. Well I found it but what I ended up catching was a shiny Dragonair lol. Also caught a shiny female salandit!

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Aug 21 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #1264

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

I like scavenger better because I can complete most if not all of them versus the shiny hunts which are pretty random. Stuffed the reptile.

I wish wormhole would give me Cosmog more often. I keep getting nihilist tentacles.

@Mikaku: Grats on your shinies!

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Eren
post Aug 21 2018, 10:59 AM
Post #1265

im kickin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 222

Some Faves

i think i like swsh better, at least if you miss a day you still have a chance to catch up. im still trying to complete one whole scavenger hunt but i blew it on saturday. sad.gif although, the slew of pp you get at the end of a hunt is a little nicer than missing a shiny. then again swsh have a lot of multiplier days which is great if you're not going for swsh / completed the swsh.

man wormhole beasts are gonna be annoying to collect once the rest of them come out...i hope they increase the odds of a wormhole chance till then. i haven't encountered one in a while.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Aug 21 2018, 12:55 PM
Post #1266

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

Urgh yes please up the chances of wormholes showing up otherwise I'd go bananas bonkers. Slow hatching rates are sloooooooooooooooooooooow. I want a splash shard.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #1267

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Eren @ Aug 21 2018, 08:59 AM) *
man wormhole beasts are gonna be annoying to collect once the rest of them come out...i hope they increase the odds of a wormhole chance till then. i haven't encountered one in a while.

Part of me is also hoping that they increase the chances, but given how header events are supposed to not appear often in the first place, I doubt they'll be boosted.

..Highest IV Water Pokemon I've hatched so far is 123. I tossed it to the Safari Zone, because I figured even with Vitamins it wouldn't even net me 3rd place. Just waiting on the rest of these Eggs to hatch now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 21 2018, 03:45 PM
Post #1268

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

HEROES

@Natsume, thanks hun! I like to shiny hunt, it's lotsa fun grin.gif

I see why you guys like the scavenger more, I too like to see if I can complete it every month to receive the prize points. However the swsh is more exciting, not only because I have an excuse to hunt a new pokemon and work a more than usual to obtain it, but also because I always like the free prize lion.gifc

Also, something new happened to me while shiny hunting gastly today. When my shiny appeared I tried to catch it right away without using false swipe (as I said I was using smeargle but I had a scrappy pangoro too), but it escaped the ball about 2 or 3 times and it called an ally. And...it was another shiny gastly??? Wow it had never happened to me before. I tried to take a picture but my phone sucks and the one I have is not very clear...I can upload it if you guys want tho?
I'm shiny hunting Bagon right now and it's much easier. Only problem was finding one lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 04:18 PM
Post #1269

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I've always feared finding more than one shiny at a time, honestly...silly thing to be afraid of, but I hate having to intentionally K.O. shiny Pokemon due to not being able to catch more than one per battle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Curious Chameleo...
post Aug 21 2018, 04:31 PM
Post #1270

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 984

The Cool Crew

I think I prefer the SWSH, if only because it's a bit more one-and-done. It can be stressful when you have bad luck but it's a much more immediate sense of gratification for me.

Scavenger hunt is fun too, I just tend to internalize it as a competition and get stressed when I see other people have completed the task before I do, even though that doesn't actually matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Aug 21 2018, 04:35 PM
Post #1271

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

The swsh is fun on this site, because it feels like a collaboration going on throughout the whole site. The only thing is I haven't participated in the past two because I'm now only shiny hunting pokemon that I need more shards for. When it's all water types then I'm like, well...

I was so upset when I realized that they changed the header pokemon/wormhole requirements. I was used to how you needed to have an empty slot in your party, which I guess was how it was before my hiatus. So when I needed Hoopa and 4 Cosmog, I kept one slot empty in my party for like a year. Then once I had them all, I filled up my party to 6 and... got a wormhole. Ugh.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #1272

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'd personally say the SWSH and the SH have their own perks; though the multipliers provided by the SWSH are a little bit more helpful than Prize Points.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bard of Rage
post Aug 21 2018, 04:48 PM
Post #1273

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 777

Active Squad

I seem to have pretty good luck with header events. I've been back for only about a month and a half and I've already had three wormholes, three old men, and four pranksters.
+Quote Post

Curious Chameleo...
post Aug 21 2018, 04:50 PM
Post #1274

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 984

The Cool Crew

I've been back for the same amount of time and while I've gotten plenty of pranksters and old men, I haven't gotten a single wormhole. Which kinda sucks, since that's the one that I need the Pokémon from.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 04:51 PM
Post #1275

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

All I seem to get is the Slowpoketail man....and while I still need that Achievement, it also took me almost the entirety of the 4 years that I've been on here to get up to 1mil Points to begin with.

Got a Black Chest semi-recently, though. Which is nice 'cause I still don't have Zombidofo's Egg Dex entry, apparently. So I can use the free Corruption Orb.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Eren
post Aug 21 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #1276

im kickin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 222

Some Faves

you mind sharing some of that luck Bard? :P

never had two shinies pop up in a single battle yet but i did have one where i was hunting for shiny riolu and it used final gambit before i could set up the field for capture. i kept chaining for another 20 min and another one popped up. no tricky gambits that time...

a Quagsire in the Subway swept me because it activated 5 quick claws in a row. gotta love the rng sometimes...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Aug 21 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #1277

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Hm while scavenger tasks allow me to take a break a lot more often (just need to get the minimum to get the max pts per task)
I think I like SWSH more. SWSH motivates me, scavenger tasks not really.
If I feel like doing them I will but with SWSH I feel nearly obligated to participate. Which I suppose is a good thing because otherwise I wouldn't be that active on here at all.
Plus working on my shiny dex can't hurt amirite.

My trip today to the bookstore was alright, I unfortunately only found one out of the 4 things I was looking for, but the store employee allowed me to place a backorder for the other things, which are said to come in in about a week or so. Hopefully I can get them sent to me, so fingers crossed!!
Instead I picked up 2 other items, mainly because I'd come this far and didn't want to leave almost empty-handed.
Also, just about 24 hours until a game I was looking forward to should come online. Finally. After being delayed a ton of times. Aka I won't get much sleep tomorrow night

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Aug 21 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #1278

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Eren @ Aug 21 2018, 02:57 PM) *
a Quagsire in the Subway swept me because it activated 5 quick claws in a row. gotta love the rng sometimes...

Battle Subway RNG is absolute garbage more often than not, honestly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Aug 21 2018, 05:51 PM
Post #1279

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Anyone here having trouble finding personal shiny hunt eggs? I'm open to breeding requests. I've just been breeding SWSH pokemon for a while. I'd prefer only breeding shinies I'll probably breed whatever.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Aug 21 2018, 06:16 PM
Post #1280

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

HEROES

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:51 PM) *
Anyone here having trouble finding personal shiny hunt eggs? I'm open to breeding requests. I've just been breeding SWSH pokemon for a while. I'd prefer only breeding shinies I'll probably breed whatever.

Oh thank you for the offer! I've been having trouble finding Volbeat eggs. Sometimes I can find Dunsparce and Whismur eggs but it also depends on the time I am online and it's always just a few of them. For me that's it. Once I find my dang shiny Pink Caterpie I can finally breed something else but I really need to finish this hunt, it's taking forever.

If you're ok with cloned pokemon, I can share my in-game shinies with you if you want. Just tell me and I'll post a list of what I have or smth idk.
Still working on getting shiny Bagon, I'm at 211 encounters in the chain. Also masuda breeding Passimian.
OH, and a friend from Tumblr traded me a shiny Dhemise she caught. I'm so happy grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 62 63 64 65 66 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:13 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.