Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cheating in Pokémon Games
MiltankTipper
post May 3 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 250

Traps

* Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
Cheating is perfectly fine for personal reasons, but cheating in competitive situations is not.
* Why do you think people cheat?
It probably has somthing to do with the fact a good portion of your Pokedex is "unobtainable" outside of events.
* Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
I never viewed the first-gen Mew glitch as cheating for the reason stated above, but otherwise, yes.
* What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
Once again, as long as it's only for personal reasons. Keep it off the GTS, and we're all fine.
* What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
Well, if they can't get the Pokemon legitimately, than who's to criticize them for accepting someone else's help?
* What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
This is about the only thing I'm against. It just takes all of the value out of raising them yourself.
* What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
I don't like cloning for items or shinies. However, cloning for events is perfectly acceptable.
* Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?
Yes, which is why I don't like cloned shinies. Cloned events, however, are more easily accessible than the real things.

Basically, I only advocate cheating if it's for the event legendaries.

--------------------

Dear Terra: Get an actual signature. Love, Terra.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Naegi Makoto
post May 9 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #42

Super High-School Level Luck
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 12 609

Platinum Team

I don't see it as inherently either. I certainly don't mind it myself, due to a number of things including the availability of events in North America (especially in Canada, where I live, and Pokemon Company rarely remembers exists), my lack of ability to get certain Pokemon on my own, and just an overall impartiality to cheating in general. I've been exploiting various things in my games since NES games; I suppose that's what colours me. I don't get really upset about cheating unless the person is doing it maliciously, i.e. hacking impossible stats/sets and using them competitively. If they don't use them, people can keep their Shiny Ice Fang/Blizzard Eevees for all I care.

There are plenty of factors. One is inability to get things another way, such as lack of access to events, lack of skill with Pokeradar in the case of shinies, general lack of luck, or lack of access to the other games the Pokemon is from. Those who hack for this reason are benign, and often help others get access to this rare stuff too. Another is lack of willingness to breed/Pokeradar/whatever up what they want, and I can get that too. If I had the option I'd take it. Other people just like adding their own spice to a game. Damn the limits anyway. That's fine too.

* Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?

N to the o. Glitches are there. They may not have been intended, but they're part of gameplay. Some of them carry inherent risks in them, but that's certainly not cheating. Again, I might be a bit coloured from my NES days where glitches were everywhere, but I see nothing wrong with exploiting say, Missingno., Emerald's Cloning, or the RNG exploits. If you want to go to the trouble of activating them, more power to you.

I have no problem with them. I'll take hacks myself; I know several Pokemon I've received in trades are hacked. Just so long as they say 'oh, these are hacked by the way' I'm fine with it. They're not really a huge issue with me. Since hacks don't mess with your game, getting upset over them is silly.

* What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?

*waves* We're pretty cool. Live and let live, yeah?

* What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?

As long as they're legally IVed/EVed/Movesetted/Ability'd I have no problem with them whatsoever. I can understand not wanting to breed something up and spend time on it if you don't have to. Some people like the battling portion and not the breeding portion. I personally like both, but I realize breeding for moves and natures plus EV training isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Doesn't bother me. It falls under a glitch to me, and those are completely fair game as far as I'm concerned.

* Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

Maybe a little. Does it really matter? No. What's a shiny? Oh wow, it shines. Some of them look better. It's an aesthetic difference; it's as special as you make it in your mind. Someone PokeSaving/cloning up a shiny doesn't make your chained/bred shiny any less valuable. Same with events. If you were there? Bully for you. Not everyone can be. The idea that event Pokemon (which are often untradeable on the GTS anyway) should be restricted to people with the ability to get to a real-world location is ridiculous in the first place, and someone making these events more accessible to everyone else hurts no one.

*shrug* I'm a pretty loose-thinking guy. M'fine with most forms of cheating. Heck, I'd cheat my way through the Battle Tower if I weren't stubborn about it, because the computer plainly does. The games themselves often cheat, is my view. Might as well level the playing field a bit, even in insignificant ways.

--------------------

Now breeding for Eiscue and (Snowy) Girafarig!
+Quote Post

Kashizzle
post May 23 2009, 07:04 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 940

Active Squad

-> Definitely mixed. if you mean 'cheating' as breaking the rules set out by the game, then it's really up to the individual players' discression. If I wanted to cruise around Sinnoh with a Shiny, shadow-ball throwing Charizard simply because it's cool, then I wouldn't let people on the internet stop me. The 'Game' is simply a virtual space in which the 'play' happens- how the player chooses to play inside that space determines what satisfaction they get out of it, and each individual player knows how they'll get the most fun out of their own virtual space.

-> Various reasons: Perhaps players simply want to bend the reality inside the virtual space, to be more in control of their experiences. Perhaps players don't have the time to breed up that perfect pokemon, or perhaps they enjoy hacking for malicious reasons. Other people, (like me), enjoy game hacking in general because it's damn interesting to really sink your teeth into the inner workings of the game, especially games that are big statistical behemoths such as Pokemon.
Or maybe they just want a shiny Charizard with Shadow ball because it's cool ;D

->Technically, yes. All games have rules and boundries and ways of enforcing them onto the player. Many glitches won't have that great an impact on the game play (for example, on my Platinum ROM, I use a code which lets me avoid random battles while running, while on my Platinum game cart, I'm painstakingly training every single pokemon I catch), but they still break the rules of the game in the first place.

->They should get out more. Seriously. :P

->If it gets them a pokemon they wouldn't normally get, then why not? I mean, the data is hacked, so it still is technically cheating, but in the end, it's up to how the player wants to enjoy the game.

->There are meany reasons to do this- a common one is to test out builds (netbattle serves the same purpose, I guess), or just because it's fun. I don't have a problem, as long as both parties know the pokemon are hacked, and it's not like, and official tournement or anything.

->Well, my personal stance is that while it is cheating, it's not malicious. In fact, it's the opposite. Trading a cloned palkia for someone's legit dialga isn't cool, though (that said, I got my dialga from a guy for whom I caught a growlithe for- the dialga was my payment), so both parties have to okay it for it to be alright. It also sucks if you're making a lv100 Typhlosion army and you're a 10year old kid, though. dry.gif

-> Well, an event pokemon downloaded from the database will never have the sentimental attatchment that getting out of the house and going to an actual event will have, so I'd say that on an emotional level, it de-values event pokemon. That said, I live in Australia, which has had JB-Hifi Manaphy and Target Darkrai. The only way to get Jirachi was through Pokemon Channel, and same with Lugia and Oh-Ho in Collessuem and XD:Gale of Darkness respectively. Usually it's pretty easy to tell hacked pokemon on the GTS though, so I wouldn't say it's de-valuing them in that sense.

I dunno, pokemon hacking is amazing, and I kinda wish a lot more of the community were a bit more open-minded when it comes to it. While I'll never touch my actual Platinum cart with an action replay (out of sheer terror of permanently damaging my game card or losing my save file), I do love opening up my R4's pokemon sav file and ripping into the numbers. With pokesav there's actually also a legit checker, so not only can I back up pokemon on my computer without 'tainting' them, I can also run them through the legit checker to make sure Battle Rev won't chew 'em up and spit 'em out.

--------------------

Current Party:

I'll try to match you click-for-click
+Quote Post

The Silver Falco...
post Jun 19 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #44

The Silver Falcon
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 779

Current SS Party

I don't have a problem with hacking in general.

I played through all the pokemon games, all the gens and all the remakes, legally until Platinum, when I decided to buy an Action Replay. I never realized how much fun it was to see sparkly pokemon everywhere and actually catch that Rayquasa until I started hacking. It's a lot of fun to download hacks and to write my own, it brings a whole other level of challenge to the games because it's now more feasible for me to try to finish my pokedex, or actually get to freaking Stark Mountain.
That being said, I limit what hacks I use. I don't create pokemon that I couldn't get legally. I raised my main team without hacks, most from around level 5. Most of the shiny pokemon and legends I have sit and rot in my boxes because I have no Wi-fi abilities. They're for my own enjoyment, not to trade. And I beat the elite four, etc, with my own skill, no hacks.

I think people who use extensive hacks and barely play the game at all are a bit silly and miss all the fun of pokemon gaming, but there's nothing wrong with hacking a little.

And yes, I use the word hacking. It isn't cheating, it's pure manipulating code, aka hacking. But there's nothing wrong with it unless you make a profit from it or harm another person with it. Video game hacking is minor.

--------------------
Current party:

Jelly cat! grin.gif
+Quote Post

Gig Evans
post Jun 21 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #45

Master of Death
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 627

Army of Destruction

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Jun 17 2008, 12:39 PM) *
Yes, after the couple of threads made in the Ranting Zone about it, I want an actual debate about cheating in Pokémon games. Basically, we will be answering and arguing amongst these points:
  • Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
  • Why do you think people cheat?
  • Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
  • What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
  • What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
  • What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
  • What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
  • Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

As a hacker, I feel the need to take part in this debate!

1. Hack can be good or bad, depending on the situation. Hacking to get items like the Azure Flute for Arceus or the Member's Card for Darkrai is okay by me, as I feel the events caused by those items should be seen (Hell, the event that brought you to New Moon Island to catch Darkrai was both awesome and somewhat creepy.)

2. It's hard to say why people hack. Some people do it to complete their Pokedex (which is complete and utter stupidity if you ask me), others do it to make competitive teams. I know I do it to make competitive teams. konata.gif

3. I wouldn't think so. A glitch is just an error in the programming, and if people know how to exploit it then they know how to exploit it. I'd like to see you name even one person who never used the Missingno glitch to duplicate Master Balls and/or Rare Candies. teehee.gif

4. If they let the person they're trading it to know it's hacked and the person receiving is is okay with that, then I don't see a problem. It's people who try to pass off hacks as legitimate Pokemon (especially hacks with absurd stats and moves) that make me want to rip my hair out in anger. pissed.gif

5. I really don't see a problem in that.

6. First of all, let me repeat the fact that I myself use Pokesav to create most of my competitive teams. I do that because I don't have the patience to breed countless Pokemon looking for the one with the right IVs, nature, moves, and, in some cases, gender, ability, or Hidden Power type. Now, in my opinion, there's two kinds of Pokesav-created Pokemon - what I call "good hacks" and "bad hacks." What I define as a "good hack" is essentially a Pokemon with IVs, EVs, stats, moves, and abilities what they could actually have in the game. I found that most of the Pokesav users I encounter use Pokesav in that responsible manner. The Pokemon take both wins and losses like a legitimate Pokemon would. Now, the opposite is what I call a "bad hack." Those are Pokemon that have absurd stats (all max IVs, all max EVs, or just straight 999s across the board), moves, and abilities. And they're just that - Bad. It's completely unfair to have a Pokemon with stats like that, and takes the fun out of the game for everyone else. It also doesn't make you a good trainer at all. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, those who hack responsibly are alright with me (as I'm one of them), and those who hack irresponsibly need to be fed to a hungry Gyarados.

7. I don't really have an opinion on cloned Pokemon. It doesn't bother me all that much.

8. Maybe, a little. But if you're cloning a Darkrai to trade to that crazy Japanese kid that wants a Darkrai for the Torkoal you need to complete your National Dex, then by all means go for it. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

iRyu
post Jun 21 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #46

Concerto Allegro
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 512

My Beast Shiny Team

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Jun 17 2008, 11:39 AM) *
  • Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
  • What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
  • What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
  • Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

1.It Can Go Either Way. Like Wymsy Said The 999 Stat/Hp Stuff Pisses Me Off. It Can Be Good Like If You Cant Get An Event Pokemon Because The US Is Too Crappy To Release Any (Though I Havent Been Keeping Up).

2.To Get Things Or Do Things Without Having To Do The Work.

3.No, It Depends, When I Found Out The MissingNo. Glitch I Started Using It To My Advantage Therefore, Cheating For A Lot Of Masterballs/Rare Candies. But The GS Glitches Were Horrible So Thats Not Necessarily Cheating Because They Screw Your Game Over

4.I Dont Mind Unless There Is Something Wrong With It (I.E. Cyndaqiul Knowing Surf With 999 HP and 999 Stats).
Or If It Was Passed As Legit.

5.Hey Whatever Happens Is All On Them

6.Pokesav Is For People Who Are Too Lazy To Find And Train But Are Energized Enough To Sit At A Computer And Make One Up

7.Cloned Pokemon Is A Way To Get More And More Legendaries Without Having To Trade Or Get A Team Of Your 1 Favourite Pokemon. Some Dude At A Basketball Game Showed Me How To Clone On Silver And I Loved It!!!!! Then I Lost My Silver....

8.Umm No, Yes Cloning A Shiny Doesnt Have The Effect As If You Were To Go Out And Find One, But If You Really Want It, Go For It...

My Friend Came To My Birthday Party Last Year With A New Pokemon Diamond And Action Replay (He Traded His Old Ones In). He Gave Me His Action Replay And I Love It. Ive Only Used It For Depleting The Training Process, Getting Some Pokemon, And I Got Some Shinies Too. I Dont Hack Like Crazy For Those Unlimited Things.

This post has been edited by iRyu: Jun 21 2009, 08:25 PM

--------------------

Just realized he had claims facepalm.gif umbreon.gif (shiny) & cyndaquil.gif absol.gif

+Quote Post

The Risin Salama...
post Jun 22 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #47

The Rational Dragon XD
Group Icon

From: America, all I'm saying so there are no chances I'll be hunted down.
Member No.: 37 020

The Salamance Group

The latest thing I've seen about hacking is ALL about getting a shaymin or arceus. Shaymin I couldn't get myself...but I DIDN'T hack. Action replay is responsible for all this anyway on ds consoles. Though I want to state for any1 who hasn't seen one of my specific posts....The Arceus event is happening in Japan on July 18th I'm sure. America...I'm not so sure.
But this is only for Japanese games right now. If it happens to come out in America as well, check serebii.net for it or google it. (I'm only saying serebii.net not to advertise, but to notify of a website that updates often to get the info you would want.) walloftext.gif

--------------------
The Ultimate pokemon! (click to show)

Aragornbird's pic.
MUST READ IF YOU SEE ME POST SOMETHING(kinda...) (click to show)

Salamence is AWESOME! salamence.gif
CLICK AWAY! I return the favor when I'm actually here, or I come back sometime in the day. You can trust me(on weekends that is.) Just beware of foggy weather, since I can't see what berries are. It sucks.
Battle info- IGN: Marcos
FC:1505 5342 7647
For all angry people, calm down, somehow. I don't care how. Do it so you don't make stupid or harsh, empty comments on this forum. monocle.gif CLICK THE POKEMON!!!!(do you have a choice? cackle.gif )

Extra stuff from another site... (click to show)
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Sep 7 2009, 05:26 AM
Post #48

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

well i am only commenting on my stance with pokesav say you dont have the time to train that new shiny charmander you hatched well as long as you actually have the shiny charmander to replace it with then why not pokesav the shiny charizard (i have done this with my dunspace, shuckle, and weavile) but i still caught/hatched the pokemon legitly i just used pokesav to complete what i couldnt do due to time constraints or otherwise thats theONLY time i think pokesav is good if they use it as a tool to train a pokemon that thye caught

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ryushu the Cat
post Sep 21 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 056

BETTER METAL SNAKES

I do cheat, but I don't make my Pokemon's stats 999. I train them like this;

Give them PKRS and Macho Brace (or one of the Power Items that increase individual stat, like Power Lens)

Use the "Catch Any Pokemon" cheat

From there it's pretty much EV training, but I fight Lv. 3 Pokes (in order to gain as few EXP at a time) then, when my Pokemon kills a certain amount, use the Mega EXP Gain cheat to level them up. They can get as much as 40 in a stat (but usually in the 20-30 range).

I also use "Cheat moves" but not ridiculously powerful ones like Roar of Time. I tend to give a lot of my Pokemon moves like Cosmic Power, Amnesia and Barrier, as well as Recover (in certain cases). I also give them offensive moves that are good against types they're weak against (I.E giving a Ninetales, which is weak to Water and Ground, the Grass-Type move Energy Ball)

--------------------
Why hello thar! Will you plz clicky on my pokemon?

My Other Websites (click to show)

90% of teenagers would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are one of the 10% that would die laughing put this in your sig
+Quote Post

Omega Registeel
post Sep 24 2009, 08:41 AM
Post #50

Registeel in his omega form
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 439

Choas Pokemons

i only use pokesav to make my own events or roaming pokemon, thats alot of fun and you have somthing to do again happy.gif
i don't cheat for lv.100 or stats, thats boring -_-2.gif
i only do in japanese versions of it, because i can't read a shit. so i turn on the ''walk trough walls'' code. because when i wanna go somewhere it says: あなたが最初から入ってくるすべてのバッジが必要です!and i think WTF?! and with the cheat i just walk trough him proudbow.gif

This post has been edited by HeartSilver: Sep 24 2009, 08:49 AM

--------------------

My current Emerald Team
+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Sep 24 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #51

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

1) Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
-I think it is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. People who cheat do so because they like to, Hell, I do it also.

2) Why do you think people cheat?
-I have no opinion. They choose to cheat because want to.

3) Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
-I don't count it as cheating, but others may.

4) What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
-As long as the Pokemon look legit, I don't give a crap.

5) What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
-I think those people just don't have the money to buy a cheat device or that they don't want to cheat themselves but are willing to accept hacks because it doesn't bother them.

6) What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
-As long as the Pokemon don't have moves and abilities they can't naturally learn or that the stats are all 999, I don't care. Although I don't create Pokemon myself, I catch and train them as though they were in the wild naturally.

7) What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
-I have no problem with them.

8) Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?
-Event Pokemon? yes. Shinies? No. But I don't really complain.

PS: I use an AR, but my Pokemon are legit hacks. Most of the time I breed them though. And I have reasons to use an AR. One, I'm going to be very busy this upcoming school year. Two, I find it fun to do so. Three, sometimes I miss the events giving away Pokemon. Four, I don't play my GBA games anymore and they are packed away somewhere in my house, so I can't transfer. Five, I hack Pokemon for breeding purposes.

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Oct 2 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #52

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

OMG Ulqui Prime, I love you~!! >w< Totally unrelated to the topic, but I clicked your Zapdos to go to your GPX party, and not only did I find a Reaper Cloth at my feet, But there was a Manaphy egg there, too!! I am SO adding you to my Palpad and clicking you every day!! lol

Okay, on topic...
I really don't like cheating if it negatively affects others. It is extremely unfair to use hacked-stat/moveset Pokemon in battles. However, if it's just for collecting purposes, I'm completely fine with it. It doesn't make obtaining the legendaries and stuff as special, but it's helpful to fill the Pokedex. I'd never use an AR or anything myself because I'm terrified of hurting my game, but I've recieved a few legendaries from my friends which were obtained through AR. However, I got these Pokemon(such as Shaymin, Shiney Groudon, Arceus, etc.) at very low levela(like lv3), so it was cool getting to take them back to the very early towns and training them there. I wouldn't have gotten to do that otherwise.

This post has been edited by methuselahalchemist: Oct 2 2009, 12:22 PM

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

suzyk
post Oct 2 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #53

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
Depends, if you're a legit player, don't cheat, if you don't mind cheating, do it but be sure you tell people if you're going to trade with them.

Why do you think people cheat?
For fun. That's why I do. Sometimes I want to cheat just to gain an event Pokemon and trade it for another rare, usually legit Pokemon, but I try to stop myself and keep myself in check. I know sites where you can download event Pokemon, and considering that half of the Japanese events circulating around right now are most probably hacks...

Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
I don't count it, since I exploited the GTS glitch a lot. It's a rather useful tool. If it's there and you don't have to AR it, by all means, use it to your advantage.

What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
I'm fine with them. I have hacks myself. They're fun to have. For example, I gave my Clefable Crush Claw on Emerald. Good times.

What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
I was one of those people. We're awesome.

What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
Why not. No one can be assed to train a Pokemon for so long. And it's only a battle, not like you're trading Pokemon. Long as your opponent knows your hacking, it's okay with me. Some people can tell hacks apart from legits, too.

What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
Cool. I'd only give out cloned legits, anyways. No way you're getting my original Shiny xxx after it took so long to find/hatch.

Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?
Maybe. Maybe not. Never cared much for Pokemon's economy.

This post has been edited by suzyk: Oct 2 2009, 06:32 PM
+Quote Post

The Creationist
post Oct 4 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #54

-- mortal god . ☆
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 148

i n d i g o

Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?

I don't personally see cheating as bad myself, but sure 999 stats have potential to be annoying, but stats are reset to the max when you go on Wifi. Though if someone is asking for a legit Pokemon and someone hacks one to look legit and gives them that, I consider that completely wrong. Fooling people is NOT cool no matter the situation.

Why do you think people cheat?

Because they are lazy, or don't have a way to obtain a Pokemon / item by legit means.

Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?

I don't count glitching as cheating. The use of a third party device to me is cheating.

What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?

Depends. Like I said, if they are trading a hacked Pokemon and claiming it as legit, then it disgusts me, but what can you do?

What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?

Again, it depends. If the person is saying they are a hardcore legit player and then go and use hacked Pokemon I think they are disgusting little liars.

What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?

It never matters to me, unless the Pokemon is given illegal movesets/abilities ect.
If they gave the Pokemon all 255 EVs and 31 IVs in every stat I don't personally care.
999 stats don't worry me, as explained in my first answer.

What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?

I say it's their Pokemon, let them do whatever the hell they want with them.

Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

Shiny Pokemon have been devalued since Gameshark was invented, so it doesn't phase me.
Everyone just hacks event Pokes these days, so they never were truly special to me.

This post has been edited by m e s p r i t: Oct 4 2009, 01:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dj Shift
post Oct 26 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #55

Dj Shift
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 353

RockStar

I hack on diamond using Action replay DS and Pokesav

I honestly say(not just for my past cheating) that nobody should care if they get a hacked pokemon because they did get what they want, if they clicked it

and since I have beat the game and have nothing to do left all i do is help people by giving them my shinies for pokemon that i just release

--------------------
CLICK MY EGGS

I AM THE PRIMAL MASTER

+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Oct 29 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #56

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

Depends on the situation. If you just really want to get a shiny for yourself, or an event pokemon, or something relatively harmless like that it's fine. Hacking to cheat other people is bad, and hacking to make yourself an uber powerful team, while okay in your own game, is really just... not nice when battling others.

To get things they want, and maybe to feel like the god of their pokemon world... lion.gif

Depends, I suppose. If the glitch gives your pokemon uberpowerful stats and whatnot, yes. If it just helps you get a duplicate of an item, it's okay.

If the tradee doesn't mind, it's fine.

Fine with me. They may not want to try/do not know how to/etc. get a hacked pokemon themselves?

Never heard of that before...

Like the cloning glitch? Er... doing it a million times doesn't seem to be of much help really, but if you really want a duplicate of something it's fine. Like a starter when you want to trade one but don't have a second to trade.

Somewhat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jewelwriter
post Oct 31 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #57

Magician in training.
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 158

My Girls

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Jun 17 2008, 12:39 PM) *
  1. Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
  2. Why do you think people cheat?
  3. Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
  4. What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
  5. What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
  6. What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
  7. What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
  8. Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

1. Mixed really, if it's to raise a legendary from level 1 to the legndary 100 then you got a lot of work to do. (giving you kudos) But if it's to swipe some kid's pokemon then it's a crime (D-O-U-C-H-E-B-A-G)
  2. Time, wanting to get to the good stuff...and of course to try and compete online.
  3. It depends on the cheat. I'd be worried if there's things that make luck go from 10 to 100 chance of an effect.
  4. It variess....but I would have to see the mon.
  5. Brave souls but it would be ok with me...espcially if breeding it into and offical mon.
  6. That would depend. (Wonderguarded Pokemon = Evil , Offical hacked that go in bounds = SWEET!)
  7. Well if you mess up on it then you can work it another way...see how it is done.
  8. Not sure but that would vary...espcially if the cloning is HARD!

This post has been edited by Jewelwriter: Oct 31 2009, 07:11 PM

--------------------
Eggs & Pokemon (click to show)

Extras (click to show)
+Quote Post

awfullybad
post Nov 2 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 651

Axis of Sexy

I've only cheated to get a certain Pokemon that COULD NOT be found in the game I was playing, to get Lucky Eggs and TM/HMs. I dont think it's such a big deal since I'm not going around battling people or anything. Everything I do is kept to myself.

--------------------

want some apple Juche? I love that stuff.
+Quote Post

Afrofrou
post Nov 4 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 662

Active Squad

•Is cheating good or bad, or is it mixed depending on the situation?
•Why do you think people cheat?
•Does exploiting glitches count as cheating, or does it depend on what exactly the glitch does?
•What do you think of people who trade hacked Pokémon?
•What do you think of people who do not cheat themselves but will still accept hacked Pokémon from others knowing full well the Pokémon are hacked?
•What do you think of the people who use Pokémon created by things like Pokésav to battle others?
•What is your stance on cloned Pokémon?
•Do you think that cloned Pokémon devalue certain types of Pokémon (shinies, event Pokémon, etc.)?

1) I never cheat when playing Pokemon, or any other games in the matter of fact- I don't want to risk losing my data, along with any other stuff, so to me cheating is sort of a bad thing, but that's just my opinion.

2) Well obviously people cheat to become stronger, obtain good items, increase their number of items and/or money, obtain unobtainable legendaries such as Arceus, Mew or Celebi, make it easier to catch shinies, catch Missingno if playing the earlier games like Red and Blue, etc...

3) It depends. If it's something like the Tweaking Glitch for example, to catch Darkrai and/or Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl, I would consider that cheating. Glitches like the Acid Rain Glitch on Platnium, HeartGold and SoulSilver are a-okay to me.

4) It gets me concerned, because I worry about whenever it would effect the game or not.

5) I was one of those people. Happened once or twice of the GTS. I say it depends, as long people don't claim that they're legitimate, otherwise that wouldn't be fair on others.

6) Again, I say it depends, really. I don't know much about the Pokesav. unsure.gif

7) I never cloned before and I wouldn't want to try, but if people want to duplicate Pokemon then it's fine by me.

8) *shrugs* It's still a pokemon in the end.

--------------------
+Quote Post

torpidEccentric
post Nov 5 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #60

(っ°Д°)っ
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 997

Helios Conference

QUOTE(Wymsy @ Jun 17 2008, 11:39 AM) *

Answered in order:
  • It depends on the situation. Such as if player A missed an event and has no one that can send the Wonder Card, then "cheating" is the next best alternative. Or getting all the TM's so that you can use the movesets that you want on a Pokemon.
  • Either to get something they can't obtain such as TM's, Berries, Accessories, etc.; to have an edge in battle; or to finish a game faster.
  • Not really. A glitch is an error in the coding. You can't really blame someone for finding and exploiting the glitch.
  • I think nothing of it unless the Trader does not mention that the Pokemon is hacked. You should tell others what you're trading.
  • Nothing of it. They just want something and are getting it. Plain and simple.
  • Honestly, it takes out the semi-fun factor and turns it into a "who can destroy the other in a hacked Pokemon battle?" At least for me.
  • Cloned Pokemon aren't really that big of a deal. Its a perfectly legit Pokemon and that's all that really matters.
  • Not really. Unless you're a hardcore collector, then there's no need to worry.

--------------------

Credits here (click to show)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.