Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Grass type haters must read this., Why do people hate grass types so much?
Captain Combuske...
post Jan 29 2011, 07:00 AM
Post #61

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

I detest Grass types. I'm not a player who enjoys all the set-up that Grass types have, I hate using Status, I generally only use attack. This means that Grass types are pretty useless to me. I find them annoying to use.
The only Gen I used a Grass type was the 3rd, when Treecko arrived. His physical stats meant I liked him (although not nearly as much as Torchic and Mudkip). I actually used Treecko in my Platinum playthrough (Level 1 traded straight from Diamond as soon as I could) and he was a powerful member of my team. But aside from him and a few exceptions (Tropius, Roserade [I have no idea why I used her...]) Grass Pokemon never make it on my team.

I also hate them because of their ridiculously high amount of weaknesses. Pure Grass types have 5 weaknesses, a number which is only equalled by Rock. Rock has got some saving graces, because they generally have high difference, look pretty good and have a good moveset. They are the only type to be weak to another useless type in my opinion- Poison (It gives a rubbish little status... and isn't good for much else) so that makes them totally useless...

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Super Squirrel
post Feb 3 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 612

My favourites~

Tbh, I like grass types, but only with specific moves. I hate how most of their moves are super weak or are status moves.
Pokemon that double as grass and poison are great for battling though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

pikachukick900
post Feb 21 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 125 410

Active Squad

shaymin.gif bulbasaur.gif leafeon.gif < FTW. I like Snivy too. Why are you people hating on grass types?
+Quote Post

bluejay
post Feb 23 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #64

SWEET VICTORY
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 146

Team derp

QUOTE(Rheadark @ Jul 22 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Too many weaknesses, can't seem to learn very wide movesets (different types and all). Looks-wise many of them are pretty good, but eh when it comes to battling.

weaknesses =/= a bad defensive type

competitively speaking, grass types hold three key resistances: water, electric, and ground. they're weak to flying, poison, bug, fire, and ice. flying is a very uncommon attacking type, poison is almost a non issue, the only really common bug type move is u-turn, and the other two are worth it because resistances to thre of the most common attacking types make up for it

i'm sorry, but, anyone who says grass is a bad defensive type just because it has weaknesses is just being dumb

--------------------

+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post May 17 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #65

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

The only Grass-types I like are Ludicolo, Breloom and Virizion. And I think Snover and Bulbasaur are both adooooooorable. But Grass-types have a plethora of weaknesses, so that pretty much ruins any chance I'll be running one when I challenge Red.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post May 19 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #66

It's a Diiiinosaurus Line!
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 714

PANE Pokemon

I love Grass types because of their status-inflicting moves and long-range attacks. Take Cottonee/Whimsicott, for example. I usually have it learn Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Energy Ball/Hurricane, and Cotton Guard. That way, I can raise its defense three stages, suck HP from the opponent, and weaken the opponent with Poison all in one turn grin.gif I like having all the technical moves that grass types possess. It makes battling a lot more fun.

--------------------
PANE/Uprising (click to show)

Credits/Stalkin (click to show)

"I must be missing something here-" "Yes, a bloody sense of humor!"
+Quote Post

scarletshinigami
post May 22 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #67

Your #1 Skitty fan~
Group Icon

Member No.: 81 333

Team of Badass

I don't hate Grass types, I just thought that most of them have a really bad stats (and have a lot of weaknesses). I used Snivy on White and just... ugh. :/
The only Grass type I used was Breloom... I think. xD

--------------------

Click the image above to lead you to my GPX+ profile...

...and click the image below for my VDex profile.

Ultimate shiny hunt... (click to show)
Other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Stark Coyote
post May 22 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

i love grass types e-e;
in silver/gold/crystal/HG/SS i mostly like chose chikarita happy.gif
totodile is a suckish pokemon all rite :I But i do like most grass types, but some might be suckish, like oddish?
but do think, every type has VERY SUCKY POKEMON!, Ex: unown(1 move?) or magikarp (no moves? water type?) or even snorunt.(just a bad pokemon/ice type.) bucktooth.gif My opinion has been stated?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shinzu
post May 25 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #69

Giratina, Regigigas, and Hypno <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 210

The Favs

I love Shaymin to death, as well as Treecko, Roserade, Cacnea, and Cacturne. What really gets me to hate Grass Types is the fact that...well...they've been my mortal enemy since the start of my Pokemon journey, save for FireRed and Emerald.

Totodile- owned by Chikorita
Piplup- destroyed by Turtwig
Oshawott- gets its butt kicked by Snivy ALL. THE. TIME.

Me and Grass types are like...Romeo and Juliet's families. P: We just don't get along.

And, I had a really bad experience with Sceptile. A year after I got to the EF, I failed miserably. I ditched the game and when I came back, Sceptiled failed again! I was broke, none of my Pokemon were good enough, and I decided to restart with Torchic (I despise Mudkip). Best choice ever. Besides Bulbasaur and Treecko, all the Grass Types are ugly and pointless, especially Snivy. That thing just needs to rot in a hole.

--------------------

Pictures and links! (click to show)

Hypno! (click to show)

Credits- Thank you guys! <3 (click to show)

+Quote Post

DarkAsh
post Jun 5 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 137 537

Active Squad

Grass types pokemon are cute . i love them so much
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Jun 6 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #71

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

I don`t hate grass, but they arn`t my favorite

--------------------
+Quote Post

Phenex Imifos
post Dec 18 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #72

I led the revolution...in my bedroom
Group Icon

Member No.: 110 394

Team Charge

I don't hate grass types, I just don't usually use them. Most of my starters have either been water or fire types except for in Black where I got a Snivy. I do have a Roserade in Platinum, but it has little use other than to help catch Pokemon or to get rid of a Water/Ground type. And to be honest, Serperior isn't super spectacular either, so I usually end up having to over train him so that he remains useful.
Grass types don't have as versatile a move set in most cases compared to say a Water or Fire type. They're really not very useful in game, save for a gym or two. And they're just a pain to raise in general because you have to put so much more time and effort into it just so that they remain useful. Too much work, not that great of a reward. :/
+Quote Post

lorks
post Aug 21 2012, 06:57 AM
Post #73

Faberry
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 645

Shinies

grass types hold a special place in my heart mainly because my first ever pokemon was treecko.

--------------------
i always click back

--

+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Aug 21 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #74

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

I don't like specific types, other than flying types. But I like only Pokemon from the types... cat.gif
+Quote Post

DaemonicFae
post Aug 23 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #75

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 144

Active Squad

I don't dislike them, I just tend to prefer other types over them. I always have a water type and an electric type which basically covers their strengths. They're usually good for inflicting status conditions, but I don't usually need that.

Even if I plan to have one, I usually end up replacing it with something more useful and easier to raise. They mostly learn grass or poison type moves that don't cover a lot of extra bases. I like Pokemon that can learn at least one good move from at least four types, and grass types just don't fit that.

Their designs are so awesome though. noes.gif
+Quote Post

Nemu
post Aug 23 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #76

Craziest cat lady of all time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 933

I wish

QUOTE(Chatot @ Sep 28 2009, 09:15 AM) *
QUOTE(m e s p r i t @ Sep 15 2009, 02:31 AM) *
Other than Shaymin with it's Chia pet uberness and Celebi, most grass types have terrible stat distribution and run-of-the-mill move pools..
They aren't really anything spectacular..
If I'm not mistaken the Pokemon with the most type disadvantages happens to be part grass type.. Snover.
The grass type starters are always the 'hard mode' on the Pokemon games as well.. since they have so many disadvantages.

The only good ones I can think of are Torterra, Sceptile and Roserade, not counting the two legends mentioned above..
Which is an extremely slim number out of the.. roughly 58 grass types. >:

Actually, Grass-types were the EASY mode since RBY. Water-types were the MEDIUM, Fire-types were the HARD.

Actually on yellow, where you can acquire the 3 normal starters I had the most trouble leveling up my bulbasaur and the least with charmander.

--------------------
Stuffs. cat.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.