Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dog Hunting, poor doggies:c
Elliot Alderson
post Jun 19 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Our democracy has been hacked.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 349

Oreo~

Cause I heard from the news that some people hunt and kill dogs for food cause they say it was easy to catch them

What can you say about this and should this be implemented?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post Jun 19 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

Well, it's no different to eat a dog than a cow or a pig. Or hunting a deer.

In some places they'd be horrified at our eating cows like I'm sure some people will be at the idea of eating dogs. It's all the same.

Not that I would eat any of them, I just don't see the distinction. -shrug-

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jun 19 2009, 10:43 PM
Post #3

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

Indians can't believe we eat beef. Jews can't believe when I eat pork. Chinese don't understand why i don't eat John's cat.
It's not like you CAN'T eat dogs. You mentally WON'T. I could never eat horse meat, but plenty of people do.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Neku Sakuraba
post Jun 19 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #4

The Composer's Proxy
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 503

Active Squad ;D

It's just dog to some people. It's easy food. We all have a different views about things, so I don't see any reason why not.

--------------------
Another world awaits, I'm there!

+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Jun 20 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 486

Active Squad

It's all a matter of cultural tastes, really. Plenty of people eat beef and shellfish and pork, yet there are places in the world where any one of those would be taboo.

If I was offered dog, would I eat it? No- because that's my own cultural taste. If they like to eat canine, so long as they are responsible about their hunting techniques, then they can eat their canine.

--------------------
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jun 20 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #6

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

I can't say that I'm that shocked.
In India, Cows are kept as Pets.
If I'm correct, Beef is the second most common meat product. (Chicken being first)

It, as Annakyoya.... said, it's more of a mental thing. I wouldn't eat a dog if I was desperate for food. But an Indian wouldn't eat a cow if he/she was desperate for food.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Blizzard
post Jun 20 2009, 02:01 PM
Post #7

Skymins PWN
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 624

DayNight

I know I personally could never eat a doggie (makes me sick to think of it ) But what I thought of was, if I didn't know what it was, I wouldn't have a problem eating it, it's really just because I know what it is and I love dogs that I wouldn't eat it. (Oh this post makes so little sense, but oh well, that's just me -_-2.gif )

--------------------
[[Insert Signature Here]]
+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Jun 20 2009, 02:05 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

Its not more cruel to eat a dog than it is to eat a pig. Does dogs have a greater right to live than pigs? Pigs are SMARTER than dogs, and heck could even make better pets, yet we pet the dog and eat the pig.
I have pet rabbits and hear plenty of stew-jokes on their behalf, though I'm not against eating rabbits. In fact I'd like to try rabbit someday XD (I may not want to eat MY OWN but rabbit meat is said to taste like chicken...and I do love chicken).

In some countries people are starving, if they find a stray dog they'll eat it. The alternative is starving to death (which to be frank will probably be the fate of the dog too if they DIDN'T eat it).

This post has been edited by Usagi Zakura: Jun 20 2009, 02:06 PM

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Jun 20 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #9

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

Yum.

Meat is meat, a chicken is a cow is a pig is a dog is a cat is a fish is a [insert animal here]. They all yummeh.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AZ2612
post Jun 23 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #10

The man with many names
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 014

Some of my Favs

It's more of a mental thing (like the posts say above me) but also a cultural difference.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but...
like Carlos Mencia says "A long time ago, there was a man with a rock. In front of him, was a cow and a horse. The man steps forward and the horse senses danger and runs away. The cow, chewing cud, stays. The man kills the cow and eats it."

He goes on to say that most people eat cows because they are an easy source of food. He also says that just because a society eats something, and you are lead to believe that that is the best type of food, you're wrong. He tried horse meat, and apparently, it was delicious.

I can see where many people would be sickened by eating a dog, but that is only because we, as a culture, have been raised to see dogs as pets, not food.

--------------------

Shirogane, thanks for the amazing avatar! For those who don't know, it's Venonat as a person
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jun 24 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #11

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

i guess i dont REALLY mind much, as long as they stay the hell away from my dog

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hasegawa Miyuki
post Jun 25 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 924

Active Squad

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jun 19 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Indians can't believe we eat beef. Jews can't believe when I eat pork. Chinese don't understand why i don't eat John's cat.

That is not quite 100% correct. I am Jewish and I know exactly why you eat pork; you eat pork because you do not ascribe to the religious dietary belief that is known as being kosher. In fact I find your above assumptions to be very interesting.

On the topic of eating dogs... On the very basic most technical level, dogs fall into the broad category of edible to humans. Provided that the dog itself was in reasonable health (that is not carrying any type of parasite, bacteria, or virus that could cross over when eaten) and basic safe meat handling processes are followed, there is no physical reason why a human can't eat dog meat. Certainly it requires none of the finagling that blow fish, taro, rhubarb, cashews, and I think cassava need to go through in order to be rendered non-toxic enough to eat (although how we as a species got to the point of figuring out *how* to do that rather than just marking the stuff as 'do not eat; poison' and crossing them off our menus, I'll never know).

That said, there are only two situations in which I could reasonably see myself eating dog meat. 1) It's a matter of survival where not eating it would lead to my death. 2) I'm visiting somewhere where dog is on the local menu.
+Quote Post

King Calamity
post Jun 25 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #13

Philosopher
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 187

Wonders of Existence

QUOTE(Hasegawa Miyuki @ Jun 25 2009, 12:31 PM) *

That is not quite 100% correct. I am Jewish and I know exactly why you eat pork; you eat pork because you do not ascribe to the religious dietary belief that is known as being kosher. In fact I find your above assumptions to be very interesting.

On the topic of eating dogs... On the very basic most technical level, dogs fall into the broad category of edible to humans. Provided that the dog itself was in reasonable health (that is not carrying any type of parasite, bacteria, or virus that could cross over when eaten) and basic safe meat handling processes are followed, there is no physical reason why a human can't eat dog meat. Certainly it requires none of the finagling that blow fish, taro, rhubarb, cashews, and I think cassava need to go through in order to be rendered non-toxic enough to eat (although how we as a species got to the point of figuring out *how* to do that rather than just marking the stuff as 'do not eat; poison' and crossing them off our menus, I'll never know).

That said, there are only two situations in which I could reasonably see myself eating dog meat. 1) It's a matter of survival where not eating it would lead to my death. 2) I'm visiting somewhere where dog is on the local menu.

kind of off topic, but i dont think he meant it LITERALLY that they cant believe it, it was more of a joke talking about how much yall probably hate it.

This post has been edited by The Enigmatic Trainer: Jun 25 2009, 09:23 PM

--------------------

Previous Names:
The Enigmatic Trainer
SilverTheIronKnight

EGGS (click to show)

CREDITS (click to show)
+Quote Post

ninjacookie
post Jun 27 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #14

button smasher
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 351

splash attack!

Why should dogs gets special treatment over cows or pigs? Just because they make better pets? Cows make milk, chickens lay eggs and eat pests in your garden. I think its stupid to think eating one animal is wrong while another is okay, as they all have their own unique reasons to be kept around.

However, I wouldn't hunt dog. They can catch rabies. Unless they are protected from rabies since the day they are born I would never try the meat of a cat or dog.

--------------------

~om nom nom~

+Quote Post

Shszha
post Jul 10 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 832

Active Squad

As stated before, there's no biological reason not to eat dog (or cat). It's just that people see them as their fluffy companions and therefore don't want to eat them.
In Germany, horse meat used to be common, but since the horse has changed from "useful animal" to "companion animal", horse butchers have become almost extinct. I think that's sad, diversity in food sources is never wrong. Personally, I'd love to try all of the meat mentioned above, plus some extra stuff like crickets.

But I cannot imagine how you can (literally have the possibility to) just go outside and shoot a dog.
Over here, you have to pass an exam to be allowed hunting (such as painless killing etc.), or have to be an examinated butcher in order to kill the animalfor eating purposes. Plus, a dog might be owned, a deer certainly isn't.

To sum it up- personal choice with the meat!

--------------------
>><<

>><<
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jul 10 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #16

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(The Enigmatic Trainer @ Jun 25 2009, 10:23 PM) *
QUOTE(Hasegawa Miyuki @ Jun 25 2009, 12:31 PM) *

kind of off topic, but i dont think he meant it LITERALLY that they cant believe it, it was more of a joke talking about how much yall probably hate it.

(I'M A SHE)
Not a joke per say, but an expression. And trust me, I know some jewish folk who can't figure out why I like bacon. I also know indians who can't figure out for the life of them why I like mcdonalds.

Actually, if I was served Dog in some other country, i'd probably eat it. I will eat literally anything while in the culture.
Just saying, When in rome, do as the romans do, amirite?

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 10 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #17

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Different cultures deem different tyhings as acceptable. Some cultures will even deem canibalism as an acceptable way to obtain food. No matter how you look at it, it's eating the body of a living thing to sustain your own life. It's completely natural. The fact that YOU wouldn't do it doesn't change the fact that it happens.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

neeewbee
post Jul 27 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 429

Cuteness :b

Dogs have been a family pet for years in America so eating a dog would be like eating a family member. Not as much punishment but it would still affect you mentally so I don't think dog hunting is right.

--------------------

Want Darkrai or Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl? (click to show)

Click my friend, Daniel: (click to show)

all credit for the banner and userbar go to Jaildog1962

Other Groups (click to show)

Why is it that people think i'm gay just for my obsession for espeon -_-.gif (click to show)

Claims awesome.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Moltres
post Jul 27 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 188

Active Squad

I would never be able to harm a dog, let alone eat it. It's just morally wrong.. I personally believe that we shouldn't eat any animal. We've evolved so much that we don't need to eat meat; there are enough replacements provided. But, don't misunderstand me, it's not because I'm a vegetarian that I hate or don't understand meat-eating people ^^ You can do as you like! But eating dogs is just wrong, if you'd do it in a western country. But off course there are other countries who think it's no big deal to eat a dog while eating cows for example is not to be done..

Btw, I have a dog and would kill anyone who'd try to eat it :P If he'd want to act like a beast I would as well. Seriously, could anyone eat my Maltese? ^^ It's so small, innocent and cute ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Moshi The Cake M...
post Aug 2 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #20

Interestingly Interesting.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 094

Wins.

I could never eat an animal other than farm animals and fish. Eating a dog or a cat or even a hamster is just...wrong in my eyes. I would understand hunting wolves but doggies?!? Innocent cute creatures? Honestly sad QoQ If it was EXTREMELY nessacary I would eat my dog if I had to.

--------------------
Moo! It's cake.

If you play subeta you should totally add me~ I are known as Kelseycookie there.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.