Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Recently adopted, Probably a stupid idea, but worth a shot...
Borg184
post Sep 22 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 89 015

Memelords

Here goes nothing

In the lab and shelter, you should be able to have a small list, of maybe 5-10 pokemon/eggs adopted. It would say *users* Egg/Name of pokemon, and clicking on it would take you to the pokemons page, and it refreshes every time you refresh the page. Much like the "Recently infected" list.

BUT IT'LL CAUSE RAGE!

Not really. So you go to the recently infected list and rage at some guy who got Pokerus that wasn't you? No, you don't. Yes, it may cause a little rage, "OMFG THAT GUY GOT A MEW" But I wouldn't go spamming him acting all angry... I'd personally add him to my Pal Pad.

I think it would be interesting to see what was just adopted, as who hasn't had those moments where you see the number in the Shelter go down and wonder "Darn what was that..."

Just my opinion...

tl;dr: Recently adopted list in lab and shelter
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Sep 23 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #2

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 523

My party

I'd personally like this, although it would make it possible to tell who had claimed your summon.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Carissa24
post Sep 23 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 796

My Basic Fav's

being able to see who claimed your summon pokemon might result in some bad things lol

--------------------

Want Changing Avatar's? Go here...Randimg
+Quote Post

Rhyu
post Sep 23 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 948

Active Squad

I personally don't imagine this to be terribly functional. The amount to eggs/pokemon grabbed from the shelter every few minutes is huge. You'd need a very long list to be able to actually have enough time to snoop over to the list and see who got what, and that is sort of an invasion of privacy (could you imagine all of the annoying mails a person who grabbed a legend/good novelty would get?), I certainly wouldn't want that.

Pokerus is a bit different. The list is there to aid people who want to try to pick it up themselves (you can stalk the page and click whenever a new infected shows up). It also don't have to change all that frequently, maybe a few times a hour depending on user activity. Besides, conceptually an infinite number of people could get pokerus a day, as far as I know there is no set limit, just because someone else got it doesn't take your chances away, unlike when it comes to eggs, if someone else got that egg, you obviously didn't, and that is where people rage.

I do think it might be interesting to have a summon related list, or at least be able to possibly know who summoned an egg if you grabbed theirs (but possibly only have it so the owner of the egg can see who the summoner was, not the general public), or vice versa. A list for people who summoned an egg and see who ended up with it, but not have it public unless the individual wants to (some people summon for others after all). Though that'd still be bordering on privacy issues, especially the later (since an angry summoner might then write some hate-mail). I don't see quite as many issues from the other side, a person could write and say thank you or something, they have nothing to be mad about.

This post has been edited by Rhyu: Sep 23 2010, 06:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Borg184
post Sep 23 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 015

Memelords

QUOTE(Torrita @ Sep 23 2010, 06:37 PM) *
I'd personally like this, although it would make it possible to tell who had claimed your summon.

Yes, but it would just say *Persons* Egg. You'd have to spend more time looking for the egg then you did summoning it.

QUOTE(Carissa24 @ Sep 23 2010, 07:07 PM) *
being able to see who claimed your summon pokemon might result in some bad things lol

See above, but if needed, you just can't see eggs summoned by you in said list. Just a possibility.

QUOTE(Rhyu @ Sep 23 2010, 07:16 PM) *
I personally don't imagine this to be terribly functional. The amount to eggs/pokemon grabbed from the shelter every few minutes is huge. You'd need a very long list to be able to actually have enough time to snoop over to the list and see who got what, and that is sort of an invasion of privacy (could you imagine all of the annoying mails a person who grabbed a legend/good novelty would get?), I certainly wouldn't want that.

Pokerus is a bit different. The list is there to aid people who want to try to pick it up themselves (you can stalk the page and click whenever a new infected shows up). It also don't have to change all that frequently, maybe a few times a hour depending on user activity. Besides, conceptually an infinite number of people could get pokerus a day, as far as I know there is no set limit, just because someone else got it doesn't take your chances away, unlike when it comes to eggs, if someone else got that egg, you obviously didn't, and that is where people rage.

I do think it might be interesting to have a summon related list, or at least be able to possibly know who summoned an egg if you grabbed theirs (but possibly only have it so the owner of the egg can see who the summoner was, not the general public), or vice versa. A list for people who summoned an egg and see who ended up with it, but not have it public unless the individual wants to (some people summon for others after all). Though that'd still be bordering on privacy issues, especially the later (since an angry summoner might then write some hate-mail). I don't see quite as many issues from the other side, a person could write and say thank you or something, they have nothing to be mad about.

You do make some good points, you really do, but if need be, it can be a list like the "Stop pokemon from moving" button, you click it, and it goes to like the last 100.

As addressed in all posts, you are right. It may cause rage, but it may also be more helpful then rage inducing.

Again, it may not be a good idea, but I appreciate the criticism.
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Sep 25 2010, 06:57 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

I like this idea. A lot of the time when I'm shelterhunting I see that there are more things than usual, so when the number goes down I'm curious to see what it was.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 25 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Sep 25 2010, 12:57 PM) *
I like this idea. A lot of the time when I'm shelterhunting I see that there are more things than usual, so when the number goes down I'm curious to see what it was.

Agrees cat.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Sep 25 2010, 01:19 PM
Post #8

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Immersion @ Sep 25 2010, 06:25 AM) *
QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Sep 25 2010, 12:57 PM) *

Agrees cat.gif

Also agree.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Lemons
post Sep 25 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 992

Current Pearl Team

What about recently adopted species instead, rather than individual eggs? Then you could see what species were in the shelter or lab, but there wouldn't be an individual user's name included with the eggs, so that users can't RAEG about a summon/novelty that was 'theirs' they missed. (for example, instead of *Person's* Egg, it'd be more like Adopted *Giratina* *3*)

This post has been edited by Lemons: Sep 25 2010, 06:30 PM

--------------------
I give clicks for clicks~

Follow Lapras to party~

Fashion Lover's Association Ribbons: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Sep 26 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Lemons @ Sep 25 2010, 07:28 PM) *
What about recently adopted species instead, rather than individual eggs? Then you could see what species were in the shelter or lab, but there wouldn't be an individual user's name included with the eggs, so that users can't RAEG about a summon/novelty that was 'theirs' they missed. (for example, instead of *Person's* Egg, it'd be more like Adopted *Giratina* *3*)

Yes, but for the Lab and the Egg Shelter that might result in giving egg identification.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

nightspark
post Sep 27 2010, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 114 959

Active Squad

I really like this idea, and if youre worried about people getting mad at someone taking the egg they wanted maybe it could just show the species and not the username of whoever adopted it. (sorry if this was already said)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Sep 28 2010, 06:07 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(nightspark @ Sep 27 2010, 05:28 PM) *
I really like this idea, and if youre worried about people getting mad at someone taking the egg they wanted maybe it could just show the species and not the username of whoever adopted it. (sorry if this was already said)

Possilbe egg identification. How about just a picture of the egg/pokemon? Then you can find out what it was without identification.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Sep 28 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #13

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Sep 28 2010, 05:07 AM) *

Possilbe egg identification. How about just a picture of the egg/pokemon? Then you can find out what it was without identification.

If you did this, you could show the descriptions for lab eggs; that way, nothing is revealed that wouldn't have been already know.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Sep 28 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Torrita @ Sep 28 2010, 05:21 PM) *

If you did this, you could show the descriptions for lab eggs; that way, nothing is revealed that wouldn't have been already know.

Perhaps, but why not pictures in the lab too? It wouldn't match pictures and descriptions together.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Sep 28 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #15

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Sep 28 2010, 05:12 PM) *

Perhaps, but why not pictures in the lab too? It wouldn't match pictures and descriptions together.

I guess that would work, too; I only said that because the lab displays test only and the shelter displays pictures only.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Sep 29 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Torrita @ Sep 28 2010, 11:57 PM) *

I guess that would work, too; I only said that because the lab displays test only and the shelter displays pictures only.

I think pictures would be nice since it's less likely you'd recognize the text.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Sep 29 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #17

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Swampert rox @ Sep 29 2010, 03:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Torrita @ Sep 28 2010, 11:57 PM) *

I think pictures would be nice since it's less likely you'd recognize the text.

They would be nice, it could just possibly result in the identification of an egg.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Bora
post Oct 3 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

Good idea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 06:50 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.