Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The WORST pokemon game ever?, The one which just didn't deliver...
Cubone6792
post Jul 6 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 104 157

My Elite Team

The only spin-off I ever played was red mystery dungeon but that was good compared to...
Spoiler (click to showhide)
lugia.gif

--------------------
I try to click everyone who clicks me but you know some things come up sweat.gif

HG friend code- 3610-3888-4552= Michael

D friendcode- 1248-2975-5719= Michael
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Hayarotle
post Aug 15 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 088

Active Squad

Pokemon dash! You can only play with pikachu on normal mode, it damages your screen, there arent many good courses, and graphics are strange.

--------------------

Groups: (click to show)

GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.
+Quote Post

RollZero
post Aug 21 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #23

Pokeball League Grand Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 247

Blue Team

Pokémon Dash, it's boring just playing as Pikachu in a constant race. Would had been better if you could switch Pokemon. I lost interest very quickly in this.

Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire. One Pinball game was more than enough for the Pokemon series, and this one just didn't hold my interest as well as the first one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darkend
post Aug 21 2010, 11:08 PM
Post #24

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 647

All hail the God

Pokemon ranger. i hated that one1 i like the new one more whenever you would circle a pokemon and then pick up your stylus you would have to do it again! i also hate pokemon trozei it can be fun at times but sometimes your like blah this game sucks

--------------------

+Quote Post

usukiland
post Aug 31 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 889

Active Squad

The worst, including spin-offs, for me is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Team. It is difficult to play through because there is no driving force behind the game after the main plot is done... The turn based dungeon isn't my style at all. Also, pokemon Dash, which seemed like just a test of some sort for Nintendo.

As for the main games, Ruby and Sapphire. The pokemon themselves were great, like Milotic and Lati@s, but the plot and gameplay was a giant bucket of failure to me. Although, in terms of the actual Pokemon, Diamond and Pearl were flops.

So. Many. Legendaries.

Anyways, thats my opinion.. -flees-
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Aug 31 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #26

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I didn't like Ruby/Sapphire's region or plot. It was all rather blah. The only saving grace for Emerald, for me, was the Battle Frontier. I actually loved that Frontier and all of the challenges and was pretty peeved when they changed it. Toss rocks at me all you wish.

Anyway, the region map and the palettes used bored me compared to the previous two games, even though they were technically better. I understand that the theme was supposed to be some sort of "natural, earthy" thing, but nothing really stood out besides Fortree City, IMO. At least that town had a gimmick.

All of the mechanics and Pokemon were extremely fun. It's just that the plot didn't pull me in and the overworld was kind of dull. I used to think that those parts of a game didn't really matter, but this was a good example of how they do.

EDIT: And another thing, it is extremely possible to use nature and Earth tones in a way that makes them just as exciting and engaging as other colors and themes. It's just that it takes lots of time and care and revising to accomplish.

EDIT2: And the raining ash part was nice. They used the environment to their advantage there, as well.

This post has been edited by Blak99Psy: Aug 31 2010, 02:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tetsuo
post Sep 7 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 219

R.I.P. Yellow team

For the main games, I disliked Gen III for many reasons which I cannot state without being blasted off by defensive fanboys... *ding*

For spin-offs... well, I've avoided most of them to this day, but out of the ones I played, Pokemon Rumble is the worst.

--------------------

| Click my party! -> |
sprite credits: 1
+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Sep 7 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #28

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

I have to say Pokemon Dash as you can only play as Pikachu.

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

Neo Pikachu
post Sep 7 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #29

Forever Gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 633

Team Counterstrike

Wasn't too crazy about Dash either. Too much touch screen abuse, and the course wasn't well-defined either, as it was pretty easy to get lost.

I really didn't like Pokemon Ranger though. For one thing, it was pretty hard, repetitive, and just downright frustrating.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bora
post Sep 8 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #30

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

Maybe it was because I had no skillz but I hated the Mystery Dungeon series. sad.gif Soz.

--------------------
+Quote Post

RoboFloatzel
post Oct 7 2010, 07:07 AM
Post #31

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 066

Robot Pokemon

The worst Pokemon game in my opinion: Pokemon Ranger 3, and I'll tell you why (hold on you your seats, because this is going to get LOOOOONG):

The first Ranger was a great game, though it did have many problems, such as having to draw 28 loops just to catch Salemence, and if you got hit, you had to start ALL OVER AGAIN, not to mention that there was basically NOTHING to do after beating the final boss, just the Capture Arena and 3 irrelavant quests that involve the Hoenn legendaries, and they were relatively poorly made, not to mention that the game could be easily completed in under 12 hours no matter HOW good you are at it.

The second Ranger game was a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT over the first game, with a story twice as long, more characters, and better villians, not to mention that there were more Pokemon to catch, more areas to explore, and TONS of sidequests to keep you occupied, probably the biggest improvement was catching Pokemon, no longer do you have to circle dozens of loops to catch a Pokemon, it added an "HP Meter" to the Pokemon you caught, allowing you to circle Pokemon, pause, then keep drawing loops even after you were hit, but if you idled for too long, the meter went down, and oh, did I mention the MULTIPLE partner Pokemon? The game did have a few problems of it's own, for example, certain characters, such as the Partner Pokemon of ally Rangers, are mentioned, seen and then never mentioned or seen again, for example, Keiths Buizel, he is seen many times, then seen one last time in Hippowdon Temple when Keith is kidnapped by Team Dim Sun, then is never mentioned or seen again, with the characters acting like Keith never even had a Partner Pokemon in the first place, this is very unlike the first game, in which the Partners of the Ranger Leaders are seen on the upper floor of the bases, not to mention Plusle and Minun, who are seen together multiple times in the game, especially during the end of the first game, when Lunick and Solana are together, and both Partners are seen, while as Keith and Kellyn or Kate, only your partner is seen, and not the Buizel, that is unless you caught a Buizel that is, but that's just the story, the rest of the game is fine in it's own rights.....

The third Ranger is one of those games where Nintendo is either a genius, or an idiot, in this case, Nintendo is an idiot, your mileage may vary on Ranger 3, but in my views, it was HORRIBLE, I can go on all day about how bad it was, for starters, there's only ONE Partner Pokemon, and that is a Pichu, of all the pokemon they could have chosen, they chose a PICHU, and with a Ukelele for some odd reason, I don't remember HOW THE HELL he got the Ukelele, or why it even NEEDS a Ukelele in the first place, especially when we JUST GOT Pikachu Colored Pichu and the Spiky Eared Pichu the previous year, it's like Nintendo is OBSESSED with Pichu despite the fact that it's evolution is THE BLOODY MASCOT OF THE FRANCHISE!!!!! And then there are the legendaries, THEY GET TOO MUCH OF THE SPOTLIGHT, and you can easily forget how to draw the titiluar Guardian Signs, but those are just some of problems, let's just say, they could have done a lot better with the third game.....

Outside the Ranger games, we have Puzzle League and Puzzle Challenge, Dash, which was mearly an attempt to entertain Pokemon fans while Diamond and Pearl, which were infinently better in every possible way, were just getting out of their beta phase, Hey You Pikachu, Channel, which is basically a sequel to aformentioned Hey You Pikachu, Rumble, all three of the Adventure Squad games (I guarentee you that they are making the REAL Mystery Dungeon 3 right this minute) and most recently, Pokepark, aka Nintendos attempt at making Pokemon cash in on the Mario Party fame and failing miserably at it.....

On the subject of GOOD Pokemon games outside the main series, we have the previously mentioned Ranger 1 and 2, both Mystery Dungeon games (well, mostly the second, first was good in it's own rights), and Trozei, I don't know what to say on the Pinball games.....

This post has been edited by Masterge77: Oct 7 2010, 07:10 AM

--------------------

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

My icon was made by MelNathea on DeviantART
My DeviantART account

Water types are weak against Fire types if they use Thunder as armor. Flareon can use dive and aim for the horn. Then finish it off with False Swipe although it may faint if it uses Endure...but thats just because everyone knows Arbok evolves into Seviper
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 7 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #32

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I haven't played all of the spin offs, so I'll just list some that I played and didn't quite enjoy.

Pokemon Puzzle League was an annoying game. If you care for your sanity, play it with the sound off. It earns cool points because that game is deliciously hard and it's very satisfying to beat on the hardest difficulty level.

Dash sucked because you can only be pikachu and it's quite the easy game.

Channel and Hey you Pikachu was just mindless fodder, but it might be good if you're really young.

Ranch was absolutely pathetic, so I guess I choose this.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Silv
post Oct 7 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #33

The Silv
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 90 317

Ninetales Army

Despite what everyone else says, I enjoy playing Pokemon Rumble. It`s just that one sandbox-like game that people hate on. But I just... HATE the fact that it`s nearly impossible to beat Mewtwo or Advanced Boss 1 in one try.

--------------------
GPX

Credit to Viperfish
Pokey the Pokii!--> <-- Pokey the Pokii!

: Hi! I'm Silv!
: I'm Silv too!

Prev. Known as: Silver Ninetails and Silv the Ninetales
+Quote Post

The Silv
post Oct 7 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #34

The Silv
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 90 317

Ninetales Army

Despite what everyone else says, I enjoy playing Pokemon Rumble. It`s just that one sandbox-like game that people hate on. But I just... HATE the fact that it`s nearly impossible to beat Mewtwo or Advanced BR 1 in one try.

--------------------
GPX

Credit to Viperfish
Pokey the Pokii!--> <-- Pokey the Pokii!

: Hi! I'm Silv!
: I'm Silv too!

Prev. Known as: Silver Ninetails and Silv the Ninetales
+Quote Post

Rin Kaenbyou
post Oct 7 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #35

Lazy
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 797

Slacking.

Crystal. Gold and Silver were fine and all, but there were little to no interesting changes at the time and I think it was compounded by the fact that I couldn't catch a few of my favourites in the game without trading (one GBC and two games means zero trading)

Yellow had significant changes, Emerald had significant changes, and Platinum had SOMEWHAT significant changes, but Crystal took the things away that I enjoyed.

--------------------

-Rin is constructing a new signature. Be patient.-
+Quote Post

ojamamask
post Oct 15 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 487

Active Squad

Pokemon dash was probably the worst i've played but there were a few close ones like pokemon snap and pokemon trozei(link)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Silvair
post Oct 15 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #37

yikes
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 068

Active Squad

Hmm, hard question, but I'll say that it's Trozei. As much as a puzzlefag as I am, I just didn't feel the love.
As for the actual games, I'd say Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald totally saved my life with the battle frontier. I mean, the storyline... was just bleh. In terms of Pokemon, however, I think that Hoenn did a decent job.

--------------------

rargarblgarbl
+Quote Post

Zero Gravity
post Dec 10 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #38

Chosen one of Lightning
Group Icon

Member No.: 85 007

Thunder Team

for me, it was Battle Revolution....

I would have liked an XD/Colosseum storyline implemented into it, frankly the Magmortar, Electivire and Pikachu (in addition to the stupid expensive items), just weren't enough. it also didnt help there was no way to choose whether to follow tournament rules or not, every friggen battled involved Darkrai and/or Arceus. Also the customizable trainers SUCKED.

--------------------

[color="#FFFF00"][/color]
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 17 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

Of the main series I'm going to have to go with Ruby (the only one of RSE I actually played). There was water everywhere and the gyms were irritating. There was more but it's been a while since I've played it so I don't really remember everything that bugged me about it.

I haven't played many of the spinoffs but none of the ones I've bothered to play have actually been bad. However I have seen gameplay of Snap and I can honestly say that is one of the stupidest concepts for a video game I have ever seen in my life.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ReinisC
post Dec 18 2010, 05:47 AM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 492

Active Squad

Pokemon XD, altho its a nice game , gameplay-wise, 3d has just never seemed good on pokemon for me..

--------------------
- My party, Clicks accepted!
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:26 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.