Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
AregularFrankief...
post Dec 1 2017, 10:31 PM
Post #61

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Dec 1 2017, 07:08 PM) *
Yep, only three users are breeding them. Alex and Thomas used to breed uncommon eggs. I wonder why they stopped that?

Think it was probably because of the activity drop. Not enough users to take advantage of all the Eggs. Something like that, anyways, I seem to recall that being mentioned somewhere. I hope Prof. Cypress doesn't get shut off...

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Dec 2 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #62

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

Guess I'll work on trying to level my latest Alolan 'mon too. At least the Sweet Honey is still active for one more day so I can work a bit on my other shiny hunts, a 2nd shiny Litten to be a Torracat, and Cubone so I can get shiny Alolan Marowak <3

Anyone feel like helping raise my Alolan Meowth's happiness?
- Pokémon removed -

This post has been edited by PokeNOM NOM NOM: Dec 2 2017, 09:14 AM
Reason for edit: Only post a Pokémon when asking for help on exploration tasks, please!

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Dec 2 2017, 12:42 AM
Post #63

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Dec 1 2017, 09:08 PM) *
Yep, only three users are breeding them. Alex and Thomas used to breed uncommon eggs. I wonder why they stopped that?

If I remember correctly it was because Alex and Thomas-bred eggs had so many siblings that their heritage pages crashed the site. I was under the impression at that time that the halt in breeding was meant to be temporary while a workaround was created, but since it's been so long since then, I suspect the issue may have been abandoned or forgotten about.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 2 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #64

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

So how's everyone doing with their Trinket collections? That is, if you collect them. I try to think of interesting questions...Anyways, I'm currently halfway to 4,000 collected. Not sure how many there are in total, but I think I'm almost there.

Also, please feed the sheep. I can't pay anyone, but you'll have my gratitude. Still missing the Egg data for Mewtwo, as well as both Megas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Riannon
post Dec 2 2017, 03:19 AM
Post #65

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 103 935

Field of Dreams

Looks like I got back at just the right time. Really sad to see the Distributions go; that was one of the things I used to love when I first joined. I'm grateful I'm at least here for the last one. I do hope everything is alright... and thank you for doing this for everyone for so long. So many people have looked forward to and enjoyed it. ♥

I'll have to look into the new explorations, too. It's been so long since I've been able to be here, I'm actually looking forward to the work. XD I've got a question for yall. Did you ever have to grind achievements to unlock and exploration, and what was your favorite achievement to unlock?
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 2 2017, 04:43 AM
Post #66

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Riannon @ Dec 2 2017, 12:19 AM) *
I've got a question for yall. Did you ever have to grind achievements to unlock and exploration, and what was your favorite achievement to unlock?

I don't recall having to grind in the past, but I'm grinding now because I can't access Arceus and I still need one at some point. I remember working really hard to get "It's Over 9,000!" because that was back when I had my slow laptop and it would take forever for it to register my interactions.

Also, I still don't know why I received the Prize for Bringer of Legends, and I got the Notification that I'd completed it, but when i check my Achievements list, it still lists 12/13 progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 2 2017, 09:15 AM
Post #67

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 2 2017, 12:39 AM) *
Today I wrapped up some more presents for a local holiday.
Hope the people they're for will like them.

Same!
When are you celebrating?

We're doing this tonight, will probably spent a couple of hours reading each others poems and unpacking.
I'm looking forward to it so much. Wish I had more time to prepare though!

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Dec 2 2017, 01:15 PM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 142

Baes

QUOTE(PokeNOM NOM NOM @ Dec 2 2017, 03:15 PM) *
QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 2 2017, 12:39 AM) *
Today I wrapped up some more presents for a local holiday.
Hope the people they're for will like them.

Same!
When are you celebrating?

We're doing this tonight, will probably spent a couple of hours reading each others poems and unpacking.
I'm looking forward to it so much. Wish I had more time to prepare though!

My girlfriends family decided to not do presents this year, which as an Englishman is helpful, since my Dutch is not at poem-writing levels yet lol.gif

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Dec 2 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #69

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

The Cobalion handout will be in 30 minutes so make sure you have a spot open if you want one. I'm gonna keep my party open for the slim chance of a shiny.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Dec 2 2017, 03:43 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Baes

I was literally about to go and adopt another egg before I read that, thanks for the reminder. Still need Cobalion's eggdex so not bothered about it's (non)shinyness

Mod edit: No links to eggs.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Dec 2 2017, 04:11 PM

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Dec 2 2017, 04:06 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

Active Squad

Congrats! I got one as well. The only one I need dex data for is the one I picked and I get one by default anyways. Good luck to anyone who needs that one as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Dec 2 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #72

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

I guess I can put away my dreams of getting a Tapu Koko egg from the event.....

But seriously, I am happy I got the Cobalion egg. After months of never getting an egg, I was happy to see a new egg pop up in my party. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Dec 2 2017, 04:25 PM
Post #73

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I have two Cobalion eggs in my party. happy.gif One given to me because of the raffle and one from the event. Hopefully at least one is shiny, but I'm not counting on it.

Let me just remind people that posting eggs (images or links) is not allowed in this thread. Please keep that in mind.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Dec 2 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Baes

Woops, the no egg rule slipped my mind sealed.gif

My stalking of the shelter, hoping for a Rotom (Dex) or Lampent), continues. I always get excited when I see a potential PC dump, and I always end up emptyhanded sad.gif

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Dec 2 2017, 04:43 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

Active Squad

I'll be doing somewhat of a PC dump later this month. I'm organizing and getting rid of duplicates. I'm barely into third gen organization right now, though. Still, I've found a few legendaries (both summon-able and not) that will be booted before long.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 2 2017, 05:00 PM
Post #76

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh no, I slept in too late and forgot to leave a slot open in my Party! Whoops. At least I can get the Egg Dex a different way..

--------------------

+Quote Post

yellowsofa
post Dec 2 2017, 06:37 PM
Post #77

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 166 000

FAVOURITE

QUOTE(Jen @ Nov 30 2017, 09:10 PM) *
Important notice:
This will be the last egg distribution for the foreseeable future. The community threads will continue, but they will no longer be monthly, nor will there be an incentive to participate in them.

I'm really sad to see these end. I look forward to seeing what I get (if anything), but hey, life goes on I guess. I just feel like the site is slowly dying out, what with this ending, the wulfenite group almost went a while back.. like it's a bit scary. I love it here and I don't want this crazy ride to end crying.gif Definitely going to try for Koko or Articuno, since Cobalion didn't appear for me.

Plus, I went to see Thor Ragnarok yesterday, and oh my, AH-MAZING blargagh.gif Like, seriously, if you haven't seen it then go see it. Now.

And who's got USUM yet? I haven't, but the people i know who have, have completed it real quick, so that's a bummer for me really. I used to love taking ages with the games! and the Ultra Beasts look really stupid, like they are running out of ideas when there are plenty of fakemons out there which look really cool.

Anyway, enough ramble from me. Check it.

--------------------
Please click my pretties

Banner and avatar made by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

Extras (click to show)

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Dec 2 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #78

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

This will be the last egg distribution for the foreseeable future. The community threads will continue, but they will no longer be monthly, nor will there be an incentive to participate in them.

Not sure how I feel about this. Granted that the site is slowly dying for the past two years (kinda funny that the community threads started to go downhill around the time that I gave up on the forums), but I feel like this is pulling one of the last plugs, unless there's something coming to replace it. On one hand this was inevitable. People grow, interest dissipates, real life starts to take over. Besides all of this, I'm sure that the staff has taken money out of their pockets to maintain the server and whatnot. Not counting hours to draw sprites and write explorations.

On the other hand, I feel like there was so much to be done that could pump that much needed life onto this. Social networks/community managers to advertise and gather newcomers (something that could have been done last year when PoGO was released) was one of them. Revamping the trinket market, revamping the Inventory page, revamping the PC page, breeding incentives. Not to talk about some QoL features and the blantely obvious Achievements. Heck, even more variety in Scavenger tasks would help. And it's obvious that none of these suggestions will come to life when there's only one person with a job and a family (aka that has very little spare time) able to code. And I know that giving someone access to that kind of stuff is risky. But at this point, is there really something to lose?

Anyway, this is just me venting. Not at the staff, but at fate. We grew so many good memories in here that it saddens me to see things like this. But there's still time to change it. At least I hope so.

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 2 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #79

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

If I had the capability to Like posts on these forums, I'd definitely Like the one directly above me. Sums up my thoughts on the matter, and then some, pretty well. I've tried to direct people towards the site on my personal accounts before, but only 2 people took me up on the offer, and they're both inactive now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Dec 2 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #80

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Dec 2 2017, 06:44 PM) *
Not sure how I feel about this. Granted that the site is slowly dying for the past two years (kinda funny that the community threads started to go downhill around the time that I gave up on the forums), but I feel like this is pulling one of the last plugs, unless there's something coming to replace it. On one hand this was inevitable. People grow, interest dissipates, real life starts to take over. Besides all of this, I'm sure that the staff has taken money out of their pockets to maintain the server and whatnot. Not counting hours to draw sprites and write explorations.

On the other hand, I feel like there was so much to be done that could pump that much needed life onto this. Social networks/community managers to advertise and gather newcomers (something that could have been done last year when PoGO was released) was one of them. Revamping the trinket market, revamping the Inventory page, revamping the PC page, breeding incentives. Not to talk about some QoL features and the blantely obvious Achievements. Heck, even more variety in Scavenger tasks would help. And it's obvious that none of these suggestions will come to life when there's only one person with a job and a family (aka that has very little spare time) able to code. And I know that giving someone access to that kind of stuff is risky. But at this point, is there really something to lose?

Anyway, this is just me venting. Not at the staff, but at fate. We grew so many good memories in here that it saddens me to see things like this. But there's still time to change it. At least I hope so.

I think the Credits have actually covered server costs. Most of what was spent on the site was time, which involves, as you said, explorations and sprites and stuff.

And yeah, it would be wonderful if all of the things you mentioned could be implemented. However, it really is a matter of time and interest. Not to mention that some of these things aren't as simple as they might seem (specifically Achievements). There are things planned, I can assure that, but an entire overhaul is not in the cards.

I do love the site a lot and have had a fantastic history here, and I don't blame anyone for being upset about its current low-activity status.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:39 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.