Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Minecraft, Anyone?
nitrodog96
post Jun 20 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #1

bewm
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

Discuss Minecraft and anything to do with it here. happy.gif

I've created a "Through Time" parkour, and might post some screenshots of it here later, but for now I'll leave discussion to you guys.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Jun 21 2014, 05:11 PM
Post #2

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

Minecraft is probably my most favourite game. I bought it just after beta came out (and they scrapped all the alpha stuff), and I've watched it change and grow, and I just haven't gotten bored of it.

wish I could share some of my creations with you, but sadly I'm not really a creative person. I just love starting off, digging my way underground, exploring the ravines and mineshafts etc... I also have never legitimately found my way to The End and defeated The Ender Dragon. Something hopefully I can do one day grin.gif

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jun 22 2014, 11:57 PM
Post #3

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

Your comment about loving survival reminded me of my current survival... I'm doing one myself and recording it, although I'm (VERY) amateur. Minecraft started running out of memory around the 30-minute mark, so I decided to end it off there. I might upload it to YouTube and ask the viewers for feedback etc, of course that's if I get any.

BTW, I don't really play creative that much... I mostly play OP Factions on my friend's server as well as different parkours and Skyblock with three other people I know from a private server.

The reason for making the parkour? I wanted to get a parkour in MineCats' Player Created Parkour section, so I decided to follow the "be original" criteria. First idea: Make it survival-oriented. Follow the course of what's obtained in survival and work from there. Wood, stone, coal, iron, gold, redstone, diamond... Then I drew a blank for that idea. I scrapped it and started again.

Then I realized that if the parkours were on the skyblock server, why not make it oriented around a skyblock? This idea was scrapped quickly, as I realized that it was really worthless to do so unless the skyblock was a skyblock created by myself in survival, with the parkour added to and around the skyblock.

Third time's the charm, right? I realized that Ancient Greece could make a great parkour base. The thing was, I didn't want to make huge statues of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades buck-naked, because that would make it "inappropriate," as denoted in the guidelines.

Then I thought, "Why not make it go through time from prehistory to our civilization, including Ancient Greece?" That's where the whole idea came into form. Starting with prehistory, I built trees and a dinosaur. Transitioning into the Ice Age, with a mammoth and a saber tooth tiger. I immediately transitioned into Mesopotamia, building a ziggurat, then Egypt, with a small pyramid. Greece was next, with a large shrine, and the Roman Empire came after that, including the Roman Coliseum with a lion. I decided not to build a city; I had a 24-block-wide space left, and who wants to build skyscrapers in that?

So I made a gigantic six-segment parkour going from prehistory to Rome. As it was difficult to build, I had to make the parkour difficult as well. In Prehistory, I made a superbly hard ladder jump near the start. In the Ice Age, you have to make a 2-block corner jump on soul sand. In Mesopotamia, you have loads of ladder jumps in a tower. Egypt always gives a block directly above your head. Greece involved difficult block jumps, and Rome consisted of long-distance jumps.

Let me tell you, everyone hated the jumps but loved it in general.

As I said, I will be posting screenshots of the parkour, but you'll have to wait until Friday for them, because I'll be at my grandparents' house until then.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jun 23 2014, 01:59 AM
Post #4

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Meh, it's not exactly my favorite game, but I do like it. I prefer Creative mode. Just building stuff is so much fun. I even made my own house that is in the air to keep mobs out. It's illuminated on the roof and inside to keep mobs from spawning inside as well. I made a long ladder that leads down to the inner area, which has a wall of iron bars surrounding it. Then, the outer wall has a moat of lava(for effect) with bridges that cross it. The house itself is basic, it's essentially a giant rectangular prism in the sky. It's split onto four rooms, the main room, my bedroom, the library, and the crafting room/enchanting room which also holds a staircase that leads to the roof. The roof has a large lookout tower, and has my Nether and End portals. There's also a balcony sort of thing that is also an escape route(in case any of my friends decide to drop a "visit"), which is a long rail that leads far away from my house.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

SparklingMistral
post Jul 2 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Remus Lupin = love. (:
Group Icon

Member No.: 109 208

PANE RP Team

I was playing with friends on another server before it crashed and got broken and all (thankfully the files can still be saved, but they haven't been yet), and I'd found an abandoned mineshaft. Probably my biggest accomplishment all game. cat.gif I want to finish clearing it out and basically using it as a nice little hiding place/house for myself, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. (And I'd expand the tunnel to it as well since it's only a one block wide thing at the moment, maybe make a Nether portal, but I don't even really understand all that. :c)

But since that server crashed, I haven't really played much. I'm on another server that does Pixelmon, but I haven't played on it but once or twice because of the lag. (That's due to where the server's at though.)

I want to get back onto the first server I mentioned though. :c So much to do and not enough time. ;~;

--------------------
+Quote Post

Big Booty Bears
post Jul 4 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 220 907

Active Squad

♡ I love Minecraft! Though, I'm not too great at building things in Creative mode. I usually play Survival with lots and lots of farming and animal mods.

--------------------
Don't forget to smile today, lovely!
+Quote Post

Garchompstomp
post Jul 13 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 107 207

Active Squad

Huh, I didn't play it in so long, it got a bit stale for me. I guess I might pick it up again :p
+Quote Post

AdvK
post Sep 1 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 223 908

PokePals

I've been a long time lover of Minecraft, though I initially hated the idea of it, my boyfriend convinced me to watch SOI (from Yogscast) as it was coming out. I was instantly hooked to it.

When there wasn't too much to do in Vanilla Minecraft, my boyfriend and I spent a lot of time exploring, creating little coves, learned about the unlimited potential of minecraft, and prepared our private server for our friends.

Now, I'm much more of a creative player, building houses and sceneries for myself and others (flying makes everything easier in Vanilla). I've even created entire towns before, as gifts for others to explore and experience.

However, I also enjoy playing survival, with both modded and vanilla versions, where I usually play with many mods at once. I'm quite into the farming mods, and though they're a bit too complicated for me, I also like the technological ones like ME and Factory Reloaded.

When I can run them, I love to play adventure maps, but most of them are too laggy for me, with all the redstone and command blocks.

I can say the only thing about minecraft that I don't personally like is the mini-game servers.

--------------------
Ain't nobody gunna love you like I do.

+Quote Post

TyranBrulee
post Aug 12 2015, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 226 924

Mama Haunter

I don't play Minecraft much anymore but around 2012 I had a small group of friends I always played it with. I do know a bit about the more recent features though because my friends still play and I recently went to Minecon in London and saw the new features panel.

--------------------
Nat told me to (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kanonno
post Sep 4 2018, 05:25 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 318

Active Squad

I played the crap out of this game back when the classic servers were still popular. If you're not familiar, classic was basically creative but with less block options. And it was free. I loved building things. It's virtual legos, how can you not love it? When they phased out classic a few of my buddies went on to play full servers but most of us just stopped playing. My connection is pretty bad anyhow.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ugly cat sweater...
post Aug 2 2022, 02:12 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 263 060

My Favorites!

I love Minecraft! I have it on console, my Switch, and my laptop. I play it a fair bit, but I prefer my Switch port of the game over my laptop and console. My only issue with Minecraft is that, for me, I get bored easily once I've secured enough resources to thrive on. I need to try to buckle down and actually beat it, but I'm not sure if I have that kind of dedication, haha!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.