Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What would you like to see in a 3rd gen. (RSE) remake, Don't post hints and all that stuff
What would you like to see in a 3rd gen. (RSE) remake
Did you liked the 3rd gen. games (RSE)
Yes [ 71 ]  [77.17%]
No [ 5 ]  [5.43%]
It was okay... [ 16 ]  [17.39%]
Total Votes: 92
Guests cannot vote 

Gati
post May 10 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

This is not to discuss a possible release.

By that, I mean that do not post any "hints" and all those things just like many did with 2nd gen.

But rather to discuss what would you like to see new, removed, etc.
Because by looking at this poll, 3rd gen. is among the most disliked generations.

This post has been edited by Gati: Jun 8 2009, 02:49 PM

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Flamer
post May 10 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #2

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

Created more islands along the water routes would be a good idea. The huge amount of water was really annyoing, so having something to break it up would be nice. Adding day and night is a must, and making more Pokemon from other gens avalible would partially solve the problem of most of the Pokemon catchable in Hoenn being fairly shit.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post May 10 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

Make more than the silly battle frontier to do after you beat the game. Multiple regions maybe...

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

TMG
post May 11 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 214

Elite 4 Ownin' Team

I don't see why 3rd gen is so disliked.

But no, I don't think it should be remade until much later down the line, if at all. No remake for the DS, but possibly for whatever handheld come out after DS.

--------------------

I will return the favor if you click my eggs/Pokeymans. If I did not click back, I was either offline or not at home.
+Quote Post

Tangy
post May 11 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 819

Active Squad

Yeah, third gen was the best IMO. I also really don't see why it's so disliked. o-o;

Improvements... definitely less soot needed for the chair and table at the glass place. >:( Still don't have enough after all these years.

I thought the villians were a bit stupid. I only kind of remember but... one wanted to make the world have more water, and one wanted to make more land, right? I mean, I guess team magma had a point within Hoenn which half the game takes place in water, but seriously... And 70% of the world is water anyways team aqua. n_n;

To keep the old contest system would be nice!! The one in gen 3! I like the idea of poffins better than pokeblocks, but the whole "jamming" and "nervousness" stuff was taken away in gen 4. I miss it. The dancing was fun but the dressing up was kinda stupid. xD.
+Quote Post

eon trainer19
post May 12 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 008

Active Squad

I liked the 3rd gen. too! But if it was remade, I'd like to see the visible day and night or something like a clock feature in the PokeNav so you don't need to keep going back to Littleroot Town just to see the time.

I also want to see something else to do aside from the Battle Frontier/Tower after you beat the Pokemon League. Something like the storyline still continues and end somewhere in Battle Frontier or adding a new region.

But I'd like the old contest system to stay. I didn't really like the contests in the 4th gen. especially the dress up part. Well, that's all I can think of for now...

--------------------
Groups I am part of:

~ ~ ~ ~
Please Interact with my team! They need your help! PS: I return clicks. If I forget to click your pokemon/eggs, feel free to PM me!

FOR ONE CLICKERS... Please click the Bidoof or Articuno egg.

Daycare: Weezing and Spiritomb!
+Quote Post

Rairai
post May 12 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #7

Dog-Watching, Bird-Catching Puppy
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 387

Sapphire Team

I would only go for a gen 3 remake for some of the pokemon (Blaziken and Mightyena mostly.)

--------------------

Click all mine, I'll click all yours~
Everyone gets click-backs. It earns me moneys to buy thunderstones >D

/is aiming for all bird- and dog-type pokemon.

In Daycare
(And breeding)
x
fxm

Level 100's (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zoe
post May 12 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #8

CLEAN CUP, CLEAN CUP! MOOOOVE DOWN.
Group Icon

Member No.: 76

Active Squad

I liked 3rd gen, but I don't really see any reason to remake it. I mean, they're still playable (unlike 2nd gen with the internal battery), you can still transfer your party over to DPPt, and you can probably still buy them somewhere. GBA isn't entirely dead yet.

--------------------

If you're going to click only once, please click one of these :>

I click back

DA | The pits of hell.
+Quote Post

Rayquaza
post May 12 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #9

The green dragon of the skies.
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 027

tey r huge!

There aren't a lot of places to go in my opinion, but I like it, since ruby was my first game.
They should add more stuff in the ocean. There's just a huge blueness with a lot of trainers who want to kill you but can't

--------------------

+Quote Post

yamisetsu
post May 12 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 781

Current Pearl Team

I'm playing Ruby right now, and I like it. It needs more Pokemon though, the Hoenn dex is just not good in my opinion. It also needed the day and night feature.

Team Aqua/Magma are not good villains compared to Team Rocket either.

But the game itself is fun.

--------------------

Please click on my Pokemon/eggs, i'll do my best to click back grin.gif
+Quote Post

Lizerus
post May 14 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Face puncher
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 599

Exploding knees

I don't see a remake coming anytime soon but if they were going to remake, the only thing I would look forward to is them bumping up the chances of seeing Ralts in the wild. But that's me.

Then there's also the day-to-night thing that they took out.

--------------------

I claim gardevoir.gif

+Quote Post

DragonSpear
post May 14 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #12

The forums' idiot
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 308

I CLAIM SALAMENCE

A remake with better pokemon and less water would be pretty good. And I think that team Aqua+Magma should have been in longer. Yeah, and day and night should be added to it.

--------------------
Thank you JelloJolteon, for my avatar
+Quote Post

Gati
post Jun 1 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

Well... i think not many want to see a remake of 3rd gen.

But anyway, just to make some notes about a remake:

1) The 3rd gen. remakes will have the "day and night" feature (It was only in the GBA that they couldn't do it)... So stop asking for it.

2) Trust me, they will come out (unless the Pokémon Company decides not to continue). Because by the way the Pokémon company are releasing the games it might be kind of like this; a new region with everything new, wait two years (the usual two year gap), release a remake of either the newly release versions or an old one, wait another year or two and release another remake of either, wait another two years for a new portable console to be release.

This post has been edited by Gati: Jun 1 2009, 10:46 PM

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Halcyon87
post Jun 6 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #14

Diggin' the Steel-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 968

Steel Grinder

I hope they make more Pokemon available to catch after you beat the Elite 4. In Emerald, it's insultingly low. Like 20 or so pokemon that you couldn't catch before.

--------------------
Go ahead. Make my day. Click these eggs n' stuff.
Ongoing search for: Ditto
+Quote Post

Drunk Ampharos
post Jun 6 2009, 10:26 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 403

Some Faves

From what I've seen, people disliked Hoenn because it was half water. A story that involved a fight between land and water, how dare a region would be half-water? >_>

I think the Dive Spots should have more use. Like how they did Kyogre's cave in Emerald. You needed to find a Dive Spot to get there. There should have been more hidden underwater caves. Not just random pits with a hidden item. While I'm talking about Diving, up the travel speed underwater. And maybe up the encounter rate with more pokemon.

--------------------
Add me in Real Life: Friend Code: 2895-7299-2139

+Quote Post

post Jun 7 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #16

Pokemon Battler/Trainer/Coordinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 544

My team in Emerald

I absolutely adored The third Generation. I hate the fact not many people like it, to me Generation 2 is the one that isn't deserving of a remake. I hated that generation badly.

But anyways, stuff I'd wanna see in a remake of Generation 3, (mainly a remake of LeafGreen or FireRed XD) something that's kinda like the Poketch, maybe add Kanto contests like they did in the anime, a post story, make someway for the pokemon of Sinnoh to be caputred without doing the crappy thing of going to another region like in the second generation, The old contest system back for sure, make it to where you can run in the Pokemon centers like in D/P/Plat, but keep that little awsome feature of Leaf Green/Fire Red that you don't have to reasemble your bike UNLESS you go inside a building. Make the speed of surfing as it was before, and not so slow as in the fourth generation. In the post story is there is one, make it to where certain legendaries can be captured without an event. (I'd love to have Sky Form Shaymin, or maybe something else..), keep some of the awsome tracks from the games, and maybe do a remix of others. Make it to where you don't have to CATCH all the Pokemon in the Regional Pokedex just to get something, make it like the fourth geeration to where you only have to see them, then once you have seen all the Pokemon, you get to choose between a singal starter from any of the regions (Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh)(forgive me if it seems like i am switching between games, though most of this stuff would be good in both games) Let's see, oh and try not to make the rival so much like the others, I liked Barry, unlike other rivals he cared for his Pokemon and he was funny XD. Give the Kanto region a Battle frontier, make it to where you can trade Pokemon with your rival or the Professor's assistant/Child. Hm, make it to where after you complete the Nationaldex, you can choose an item to help you capture a legendary Pokemon (Kinda like Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza in Kanto, or maybe Palkia, Dialga and Giratina, or even the legendary beasts or brids in Hoen lol) Have the new weather systems from the Fourth generation aded to both Kanto and Hoen.

That's all I can think of for now, when I think of more, I will edit this post XD

--------------------
I obtained Sasuke Uchiha and Rock Lee eggs! And YOU didn't! grin.gif (click to show)

My claims (click to show)

YEEEEAAAAAH! (click to show)

+Quote Post

MegaBlaziken
post Jun 27 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #17

O M E G A
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 751

IC Team

I adore the 3rd generation, and I don't have that many problems with it. The main things I'd like to see would be a stronger E4, better training areas, and maybe more of a backstory of Team Magma/Aqua (like what they did for Team Galactic in Platinum).

--------------------
[align=center]
Art Tumblr :: deviantart

Formerly Rebuke and Sapphire Phoenix[/align]
+Quote Post

iRyu
post Jun 27 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #18

Concerto Allegro
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 512

My Beast Shiny Team

What Would I Like To See In a 3rd Gen remake

Besides There Not Being One If There Was More Stuff To Do After You Beat The Elite 4

--------------------

Just realized he had claims facepalm.gif umbreon.gif (shiny) & cyndaquil.gif absol.gif

+Quote Post

bigmac
post Jun 27 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 513

heart gold party

QUOTE(Flamer @ May 10 2009, 11:18 AM) *
Created more islands along the water routes would be a good idea. The huge amount of water was really annyoing, so having something to break it up would be nice. Adding day and night is a must, and making more Pokemon from other gens avalible would partially solve the problem of most of the Pokemon catchable in Hoenn being fairly shit.

i totally agree with all this. need the day and night bigtime and more of a plot i think. like after you beat the game you still get some of a plot with it. and it was really was annyoing with to much water. give it 2 to 3 more good size islands.

This post has been edited by bigmac: Jun 27 2009, 05:59 PM
+Quote Post

Ryilaye
post Jun 27 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 685

Greatest Team Ever.

Day and Night is a total must.
I do agree with Imposibibble, it's like saying, water conquers land.
They've released the 3 starter pokemon in the 2nd generation if you complete the whole pokedex, so I would still be
trying if I didn't lost my Emerald somewhere.

But other than that, things seem to look good.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.