Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is Ash the worst trainer to ever battle Pokemon?, You decide.
Celestine
post May 10 2009, 05:19 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 20 569

Active Squad

I agree with Celadon. Ash really "loves" his pokemon, yeah, but hey, if he did, he would take the time to LEARN something about them, so he wouldn't have them wounded in pkmn battles. Plus, he's a hyperactive little jerk who can't lose. Really.. but hey, if he wasn't such a pathetic loser, who would watch the anime...

--------------------

I click back, of course <3 Clicking the whole party is preferred, though. I'm really sorry if I don't click your eggs when the stats get reset. I accept each-day-clicking (I click your eggs everyday/You do the same), so feel free to PM me about it happy.gif Thank you for clicking, guys! ^_^.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Proffesor Yakura
post May 10 2009, 07:34 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 21 173

Active Squad

Hidden (click to show)

This post has been edited by Iulius Caesar: May 10 2009, 09:11 AM
Reason for edit: Per request--hid the flames in spoilers just for other mods to read it

--------------------
"You know, i do research pokemon."

It would really help my research if you click on them. I will click back.
For 1 Click on the left egg, you will get 2 clicks back ^^. (Doesnt count for the other eggs)

Mission #1; Get a Chimchar Egg and hatch it.
Completed: Found it!
+Quote Post

Azurill
post May 10 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #43

Pokemon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 661

Active Party

@ Professor Yakura:I am a fan of pokemon ever since I was 10. I liked Ash back then. Now I don't.

I know he is drawn to do what he does. But still, I don't think that all kids want to see some fool giving up all of his pokemon, and having zero knowledge about his field.

Moreover, there is no reason to call us knuckleheads or selfish or morons. Everyone has a right to give their own opinion for different things.

This post has been edited by Celadon: May 19 2009, 09:07 AM
+Quote Post

Suschan
post May 10 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #44

DUDE! Did you just say Viewtiful?~
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 690

CLAM SPAH'S

QUOTE(Celadon @ May 10 2009, 03:55 PM) *
I don't think that all kids want to see some fool giving up all of his pokemon, and having zero knowledge about his field.

This is actualy a double edged sword in the show, should Ash be a selfish little brat and deny his Pokemons feelings or be a good boy?
Basicly he would quite similar to Paul as a horrible brat if he was selfish to the max (Who is a more worse trainer to me but he's going to learn anyway somehow how to be a better trainer)

And it hasn't been claimed that Ash would know zero-zip nothing of the battle tactics. Maybe he just likes to play it rough. Maybe he trust his pokemons so much that he is ready to go to a line between thick and thin, but it doesn't mean he is an idiot and he learns by each battle, but he doesn't want to change his team!

Oh and 4KIDS makes Ash as hyper...he is much different in the Japanese orginal.

And anybody who thinks evolution makes a Pokemon better is umm...quite silly, the same pokemon can learn the same tricks or moves. It isn't bigger that makes it better. (Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve as same as Pikachu and they are quite good)

And there isn't something called a useless Pokemon...every pokemon is different, in moves, shapes and the way it fights, becuase the pokemons size and so on makes a use in battle.

And I happened to like Torkoal or Corphish. And may I ask how is Torkoal even a horrible pokemon? Maybe in the game...but you don't see everybody owning a Lapras, an Steelix or a freaking Charizard.
It must be hard to raise one in an anime world, most of the trainers Ash challenges are two times older (not counting Brock or Misty for now) than him. Meaning they have trained their Pokemons a bit longer.

And another great notice would be that Ash wants to be a Pokemon Master, doesn't mean he will be a master in the whole series.

I didn't want to write in this thread anymore to honest...

This post has been edited by Suschan: May 10 2009, 08:25 AM

--------------------

~Click em' I'll click you back!
I update my signature frequently

Currently Breeding: Nothing at the moment

My Dragon Cave Scroll is always welcome to visitors
Character quiz results (click to show)
+Quote Post

Azurill
post May 10 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #45

Pokemon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 661

Active Party

And anybody who thinks evolution makes a Pokemon better is umm...quite silly, the same pokemon can learn the same tricks or moves. It isn't bigger that makes it better. (Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve as same as Pikachu and they are quite good)

I never said that, so I am exempted form replying.

And there isn't something called a useless Pokemon...every pokemon is different, in moves, shapes and the way it fights, becuase the pokemons size and so on makes a use in battle.

I should have phrased that differently. I called Pikachu useless, because I was just tired of seeing it everytime. I mean, OK it is his starter and all, but still...
I repeat: I never meant that Pikachu is useless in batlle.

And may I ask how is Torkoal even a horrible pokemon?

I don't like Ash's Torkoal because the only good move it knows is Flamethrower (Overheat having a self-destructive effect). Harden/Withdraw is really quite a bit exaggerated in the Anime. I mean, if Torkoal is weak to water type attacks, then how would withdrawing into the shell help?

This post has been edited by Celadon: May 10 2009, 10:29 AM
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post May 10 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #46

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

QUOTE(Proffesor Yakura @ May 10 2009, 08:34 AM) *
Hidden (click to show)

A-HEM. That's enough flaming for one day, thank you. I suggest you re-read the rules and not flame fellow members any more.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Suschan
post May 10 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #47

DUDE! Did you just say Viewtiful?~
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 690

CLAM SPAH'S

@Celadon

Yes you make good points. Really good points.

Oh and the pikachu and so on, note was that I understood it wrong but you just cleared it so I can understand the take now.

I believe the writes are trying to use a plothole or common sense in the Torkoal thing...I mean well in the game withdraw just rases defense but Torkoal is a real tortose so retreating into the shell might lower the damage. Not saying that it shouldn't do damage, it should do...but we can blame the writes at this point....for making a plothole.

(excuse for taking some time to reply, my internet connection is having a great arguiment with me)

--------------------

~Click em' I'll click you back!
I update my signature frequently

Currently Breeding: Nothing at the moment

My Dragon Cave Scroll is always welcome to visitors
Character quiz results (click to show)
+Quote Post

Proffesor Yakura
post May 10 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 173

Active Squad

Sorry for my words, i just figured out that i needed to make a presentation for tuesday and my computer acted weird so i could not make it, so i was really pissed off. Well, i answer couple hours later cause i had enough and went straight to the bar :p.

--------------------
"You know, i do research pokemon."

It would really help my research if you click on them. I will click back.
For 1 Click on the left egg, you will get 2 clicks back ^^. (Doesnt count for the other eggs)

Mission #1; Get a Chimchar Egg and hatch it.
Completed: Found it!
+Quote Post

HaganeGir
post May 11 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #49

Walking Fridge
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 260

Team Dinner

QUOTE(Proffesor Yakura @ May 10 2009, 06:43 PM) *
And this all leads to: Childeren, Ash releases the pokemon cause he was drawn to do that and probally so the kids can learn about goodbye's and that not everything stays the same. I know Team Rocket is easy to spot in a disguise, but would it not be so stupid that he identify team rocket everytime? Whats the point, besides Team rocket are funny but not strong, so if i were Ash i wouldnt even payed attention to those losers. It is not the "Who is this person" show. And not "Ash you moron why are letting your pokemon go" show. Maybe if your old enough, you'll accept that saying goodbye has to be done sometimes.

Okay, Ash releasing Pokemon is a lesson about saying goodbye. I can understand that. Perhaps if they'd done that once or twice it would be understandable, but he's certainly said farewell to a few Pokemon. When I used to watch the show, I always found that odd.

QUOTE(Suschan @ May 10 2009, 07:05 PM) *
Actualy the factor of not recognising is normal...Ash isn't looking for Team Rocket so why should he care for things lurking around, this might be a Anime directing saying that "you should look around".
I've walked pass celebrities for who knows how many times and I didn't care, but it is really easy to say when you stare at a screen of a tv.

Perhaps I should have phrased that better. I didn't mean that he should be on the lookout for them all the time, but that he should be able to recognise them when they approach him, especially in weaker disguises when they walk up and ask if they can take a photo of Pikachu in that totally non-suspicious photobooth nearby. I suppose it doesn't matter though, because it's a children show and what bugs me as a teenager more than likely doesn't bother children.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Oneiroi
post May 12 2009, 12:09 PM
Post #50

derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 255

The Usual

Ash has good relationships with his pokemon, but he sucks battlewise.

Think about what would happen if he were to VS. one of us. XD
The only way he'd do any damage is if he taught his Pokemon return.

--------------------

Stuff (click to show)

Personality (click to show)

Special Boxes (click to show)

+Quote Post

InkBlot
post May 14 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #51

On the road to Viridian City
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 277

Pokemon I want. <3

I can win battles using wrong types all the time. It is about having a higher level pokemon then your opponent sometimes as well.

I rarely ever lose in my games and I find it perfectly normal.

--------------------

I always click back!

+Quote Post

Syreon
post May 15 2009, 03:56 AM
Post #52

Dragon Tamer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 546

Skytracers

I think the reason Ash ends up leaving all of his Pokémon at Oak's lab is because the producers must have realized that, due to how long the show has been running, kids who watch the D/P series these days (from what, ages 8-14?) aren't going to have a clue what's going on with, say, his Kanto Pokémon from 9-10 years ago. There would be way too much backstory mixed in with team dynamics and such, though we luckily don't really have a lot of that with Ash, Brock, and Pikachu, who've been there from the beginning. That's just my guess.

Strategically, I agree that he's a terrible trainer. But that's thinking of it way too technically--in the games, we don't have things like a certain type of battle field to work with (aside from the weather-changing moves). It's all straight facts and calculations, whereas the anime is always pushing for determination, hard work, and friendship being able to achieve anything.

Honestly, if I was a real trainer on a field, I wouldn't look at my Pokémon and see them by their types and techniques and stats; I'd see them for who they were and what their individual strengths could handle. So I can understand why Ash doesn't always go for what's logically sound and instead go for whatever feels right at the moment. And in that respect, he's a unique and awesome trainer who cares about his Pokémon for their personal growth rather than their type advantages. (Arguably, that method could actually be seen as quite cowardly and taking the easy way out. It might make for a quick win, but I don't get any satisfaction at all from just tossing a Thunderbolt at a Wingull or what-have-you.)

Just my two cents!

--------------------
Banners & Claims (click to show)

* CURRENT PARTY *

DRAGON TEAM

+Quote Post

Sarahsuke
post May 18 2009, 04:24 AM
Post #53

Moémon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 015

Active Squad

Don't forget that it'd be dull to have the same team for so long - viewers look forward to seeing the new Pokémon in the anime whenever a new game is released.

--------------------
+Quote Post

post Jun 16 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #54

Pokemon Battler/Trainer/Coordinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 544

My team in Emerald

QUOTE(Syreon @ May 15 2009, 01:56 AM) *
I think the reason Ash ends up leaving all of his Pokémon at Oak's lab is because the producers must have realized that, due to how long the show has been running, kids who watch the D/P series these days (from what, ages 8-14?) aren't going to have a clue what's going on with, say, his Kanto Pokémon from 9-10 years ago. There would be way too much backstory mixed in with team dynamics and such, though we luckily don't really have a lot of that with Ash, Brock, and Pikachu, who've been there from the beginning. That's just my guess.

Strategically, I agree that he's a terrible trainer. But that's thinking of it way too technically--in the games, we don't have things like a certain type of battle field to work with (aside from the weather-changing moves). It's all straight facts and calculations, whereas the anime is always pushing for determination, hard work, and friendship being able to achieve anything.

Honestly, if I was a real trainer on a field, I wouldn't look at my Pokémon and see them by their types and techniques and stats; I'd see them for who they were and what their individual strengths could handle. So I can understand why Ash doesn't always go for what's logically sound and instead go for whatever feels right at the moment. And in that respect, he's a unique and awesome trainer who cares about his Pokémon for their personal growth rather than their type advantages. (Arguably, that method could actually be seen as quite cowardly and taking the easy way out. It might make for a quick win, but I don't get any satisfaction at all from just tossing a Thunderbolt at a Wingull or what-have-you.)

Just my two cents!

I agree with you 110% very well put.

--------------------
I obtained Sasuke Uchiha and Rock Lee eggs! And YOU didn't! grin.gif (click to show)

My claims (click to show)

YEEEEAAAAAH! (click to show)

+Quote Post

dotPHUNK
post Jun 16 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 505

Awesome

I have always wondered why his Pikachu isn't like God Mode. Though, I guess the thought of "leveling" isn't present in the Anime. Though, I do know that in the Manga it is present.

Yeah, Red is better than Ash. ;[

--------------------

+Quote Post

Merlin
post Jun 16 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 756

Active Squad

QUOTE(Syreon @ May 15 2009, 04:56 AM) *

Just my two cents!

You make some great points there!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Marcster1994
post Jun 17 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #57

blazken is the best bird ever
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 661

Mah Top 5 Favs

Dude, he lost the first Pokemon League to the same types pokemon he also owned and STILL lost

I guess his sheer luck finally said back to him: "You suck."

This post has been edited by Marcster1994: Jun 17 2009, 08:07 PM

--------------------

^_^.gif ->><<- ^_^.gif

One clickers Click him please

+Quote Post

jeterboy95
post Jun 23 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 389

Active Squad

I had a really random thought last night. Ash has been through, what, 4 leagues, and his Pikachu never seems to level up. In a few gym battles, he loses even though he's been through dozens others that were probably stronger. By now his pikachu should be winning so many battles but yet, he's still has trouble with team rocket sometimes. This really confuses me.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Glaedr
post Jun 23 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 932

Active Squad

I completely disagree with you. Ash is actually pretty clever, for he has incorporated a common battling technique among Wi-Fi battling. I'm not sure if you have notcied but Ash's pokemon all have high speed and attack power (except for Grotle.)
+Quote Post

Mr PBJ
post Jul 4 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #60

NO U
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 070

Soulsilver Team!

QUOTE(empoleon dynamite @ Aug 20 2008, 12:33 PM) *
I'm getting sick of all these anti-ash threads. If he was unbeatable the Anime would be boring!

That's why he isn't unbeatable. The Anime sucks.

--------------------
Click Gayados or Magyarakarp to go to my party!

For One Clickers (click to show)

Please Help Him Evolve! (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 05:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.