Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

78 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Official GPX+ Suggestions Thread (Update Jan. 24th 2010)
Commander Wymsy
post Jan 3 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

To help eliminate some of the excess suggestion threads~♪

If you've got any good suggestions for GPX+, post them here and one of the admins will review it for consideration.

Things NOT to Suggest:
Do not suggest any of the following, (or anything similar). They have been suggested and turned down many times before, or are currently being considered/worked on. Suggesting them will be treated as spam:

Trade/Gifting System (this includes things like making it so only a certain person can see a donated egg for x amount of time)
Click all Pokémon/eggs button
New Novelty Pokémon
Ideas for Events
Rare Candy
Everstone
Larger pal pad
Sliph Scope for lab eggs
Additional/Purchasable PC Boxes (especially since you just got some....)
Adding the new HGSS sprites
Changeable sprites
Achievements
Making any other variation of the Little Man/Manaphy Egg
Summons
Things that should be in an event
Pokémon Abilities (Pick Up, etc.)
Auto-clickers (because, you know, IT'S AGAINST THE RULES IN THE FIRST PLACE.)
Something to up chances of hatching a shiny
Dress-up items
Being able to "see" if an egg is shiny or not
Points for referrals
Auto abandoning of eggs
Rewards for donating real money
Anything related to the fifth-generation Pokemon games
Anything related to the "Close Pokémon windows after interactions" function
Selling dress-up items - it won't be happening

Also, please read through the thread or use the search function to check if what you are going to suggest has been suggested before.

Rules/Guidelines
. Do not reply to other members suggestions, either criticizing or complimenting them. This is a suggestion thread, not a discussion thread, so the only posts that should be seen in here are those which suggest stuff. If you have something to add to the suggestion, then please include a quote from the original post along with what you want to add.
. There is no need to repeat your suggestion, or suggest something that has already been suggested before.
. As the final decision regarding any suggestion lies with the admins, comments by the mods in this thread are subject to change. This said, we have never said no to a suggestion for it be revived by a admin later on, so our replies will give you a very good indication of what is likely to happen
. Because of the above, the most positive reply you'll ever get here, (unless its from Zerxer himself) is a 'maybe', or similar response. This means that the suggestion will be forwarded on to a admin for further review. Its highly unlikely you'll hear anything further about it, so just wait and see if it gets implemented or not. There is no need to repost it.

-Lord Megatron

As a note, don't complain in the thread if a suggestion of yours doesn't get a reply right away, as we do have other things to take care of as well.

If you suggest ANYTHING that is on the do not suggest list, you will warned by 10%.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jan 3 2010, 04:42 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

When dress up items were introduced someone suggested having them (and maybe Pokemon) resizeable/rotatable, but it was said that it wasn't worth doing at the time. Has that changed at all? I'd just like to suggest it in case it has, since I think it would be a really useful feature happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 3 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

How about an account upgrade that is temporary ( 1 day ) that allows you to take two eggs from your daycare instead of one. Could cost about 10 or 15k

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 3 2010, 04:52 PM
Post #4

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Xal @ Jan 3 2010, 04:42 PM) *
When dress up items were introduced someone suggested having them (and maybe Pokemon) resizeable/rotatable, but it was said that it wasn't worth doing at the time. Has that changed at all? I'd just like to suggest it in case it has, since I think it would be a really useful feature happy.gif

Still no at the moment, but it's in the back of my mind for the future if I ever decide I want to do it.

QUOTE(Shiny Hunter @ Jan 3 2010, 04:45 PM) *
How about an account upgrade that is temporary ( 1 day ) that allows you to take two eggs from your daycare instead of one. Could cost about 10 or 15k

Eh. I dunno.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Liraxus
post Jan 3 2010, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Some secret agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 600

need gen 6 party

I looekd around and didnt see anything like this.

But it isnt much but how bout something that says where the owner of a Pokemon/Egg received his Pokemon/Egg.

Like "Shelter,Lab,Event" And for Manaphy or Missingno. The page you received it at.

And maybe a history of where people who had that pokemon or egg got it.

Simple,nothing much.
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 3 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

How about a setting for the walker:

If you want your Pokemon to only get to a cettain level, you can set the maximum level it is raised to.

Or something similar.

Because sometimes I want to get a Pokemon to a certain level to match another Pokemon for the daycare, but it keeps going over. And also you may not have a party space when it reaches a level and you want to take it out

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jan 3 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #7

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Is there a chance, maybe, to have an option in the PC search for happiness. Like Happy: yes/no. (So I can search to see which pokemon have been raised to full happiness and those that haven't...) --Anything that details the happiness stat would be cool.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jan 3 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #8

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Probably sounds stupid for a mod to be posting a suggestion here instead of PMing an admin but w/e

For the PC, there's currently only one way to filter levels. That's by choosing less than/equal to/greater than any given level. It'd be much easier on a lot of people if there were two of these instead of only one, so I could do something like "greater than level 70; less than level 89".

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jan 3 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jan 3 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Probably sounds stupid for a mod to be posting a suggestion here instead of PMing an admin but w/e

For the PC, there's currently only one way to filter levels. That's by choosing less than/equal to/greater than any given level. It'd be much easier on a lot of people if there were two of these instead of only one, so I could do something like "greater than level 70; less than level 89".

This gives me an idea of how to completely redo the PC search. Which makes your suggestion a possibility too, reddwarfer.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Aelith Draenor
post Jan 3 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 136

Active Squad

Add the possibility to get the info page for a pokemon in the pc without moving it to the party. For example move the pokemon to a certain zone in the pc to open a new tab with its info page.

(I would acutally use it to know if a pokemon already has children or not, but it should be useful for anyone as a faster way to look at happiness for example)

--------------------

What am I ? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jan 3 2010, 08:55 PM
Post #11

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

maybe get rid of the mystery counter for a while and make it a mystery when it will appear... just a thought

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

FusionWarrior
post Jan 3 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Liked Drapion more... Raikou is fine too.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 735

Faves

If theres going to be a possible PC search revamp, Maybe a filter for if a Pokemon can/cannot be released?

Also, in the info page, if a Pokemon is in a PC, maybe be able to list which box it is in, under the condition the box is set to be visible to the user viewing it? Or even if it was just for the owner?

--------------------

One of my oldest internet friends:
Scroll to see mah shinies!

+Quote Post

Darksparce DLG
post Jan 3 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #13

He's Dark, He's a Lord, He's a Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 824

1st team

No mod posted in the old thread about my suggestion so just going to repost it.

My suggestion pertains to the achievements system.
We are able to display pokemon on our forum sigs, why not allow us to paste one code that updates with our achievements. When we refresh our achievements page it refreshes the image with the new achievements. It would be a neat way of showing our achievements on these forums.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PuppyToast
post Jan 3 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #14

Part of this Complete Breakfast
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 19 787

Active Squad

On the PC page, I think it would be incredible amounts of useful for like mass drops and such if there was an "Abandon box" sort of button, where when pressed on a certain box, the contents of the entire box is catapulted into the shelter.

The only problem I could really see from my point is if it would cause a lot of lag or not if people abandon a ridiculous amount of Pokemon at once. Though I'm not very site-smart when it comes to determining what causes lag or not so I'd leave someone else to decide that. Though I could see a solution to that (If it would be a problem) as being able to only abandon one box and then having to wait a set period of time before you could do that again.

Would definatly be a time saving device since it can take up to a couple hours to abandon a shitton of unwanted Pokes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Jan 3 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #15

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

How about when you abandon a Pokemon or egg that there be an option so that only people who have been on your Pal Pad for a certain amount of time, 2-3 weeks to prevent severe abuse, can see them for a set amount of time, like 1-2 minutes. In my experience I've seen alot of people saying they tried to give something to someone else via the shelter where they failed. This could also be extremely helpful to the members of breeding groups so that they don't have to spend extended amounts of times breeding eggs in the hopes that the person that requested the egg would get it. Not technically a trading system since actual swapping of Pokemon isn't necessary.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Duchess
post Jan 4 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 72 420

Active Squad

I was wondering if it would benefit the site to make an actual, trading place of sorts. Because it's happened to me that a Pokemon had been put in the shelter for me but I didn't get it. Also for other instances where I was going to breed a certain Pokemon for a friend and they would breed one for me but neither of us got said Pokemon because someone else adopted it before we could. I just think a trading engine or something like that would benefit a few people. cat.gif

--------------------
~~~~
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Jan 4 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #17

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Active Squad

We have no plans on including trading.

It'd make the entire game way too easy.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

Arthzalcotl
post Jan 4 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #18

From the wind I have come, from the shadow my brother is lurking
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 992

My Companions

I have a suggestion about bot-ting.

Bot is basically a program, right? So it must have something like a rhythm. And for GPX+, it's the click logs.

When the users are reaching certain interaction points, how about giving them "trials" to check whether they are bot or not. I pretty sure if they are human, they will check the "trials". If they are bots, they will say "Bah, humbug." and keep clicking or whatever is put into their code.

This however, might be useless when bot-ters change the rhythm of the bots and the bot-ting code to counter the "trials".

So I'm also suggesting if you take mine into consideration, you might want to randomize these three:
The "certain interaction points", the "kind of trials" and the "content of trials".
But I think this only need to be done rarely, considering only a few people able to get "Master".

Sorry to be vague, but details are the key for programmers, so I can't put too many details in this suggestion. I hope it's clear enough. worried.gif

To be honest, I myself, almost cramped my hand yesterday, doing what you call "mass-clicking" and barely get the "Newb"... x_x.gif Still a long way to be a "Master"...

--------------------

Made by my friend, intuition. Thanks so much! X3

Hartzalcotl Party Keeper (click to show)
Hartzalcotl Chamber (click to show)
Hartzalcotl Secret Room (click to show)
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 4 2010, 11:38 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

My third suggestion of the thread:

The New Achievements prompted me to this.

I think Ditto should be classified as Very-Rare instead of rare because that is a fairer reflection. There are more of most legendaries around than there are Dittos and it makes it near-impossible to complete the pokedexes for the achievements.

Just a thought...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cajun
post Jan 4 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #20

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

Suggestion for two more stats based on recent updates:

Most Popular: People on the most Pal Pads, and
Most Ambitious: People that have accomplished the most achievments

Or something to that effect, there is most likely a better word than Ambitious

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

78 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:15 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.