Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

78 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Official GPX+ Suggestions Thread (Update Jan. 24th 2010)
Zerxer
post Jan 4 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #21

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Kajiek @ Jan 4 2010, 11:48 AM) *
Most Ambitious: People that have accomplished the most achievments

Or something to that effect, there is most likely a better word than Ambitious

Something like that is pointless. Soon, lots of people will have nearly all of them except for the ones that aren't obtained so easily. And the stats page just shows the top 10, so the list would hardly ever refresh.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Liraxus
post Jan 4 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #22

Some secret agent
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12 600

need gen 6 party

How bout a special "Ability" thing. Where certain pokemon can do abilities that could help with finding items,getting cetain eggs,ETC.
+Quote Post

ryan omega101
post Jan 4 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 352

Active Squad

IDk if this is a good idea but can we have a Regigigas Sky Form. (Google Images helps)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Callie Rose
post Jan 4 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #24

Princess of the Night
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 843

<3

Maybe have a system in the PC to order all of your pokemon by a certain order? Like colour, National Dex order, Name, size, type, all that sort. The information is already in the Poke Dex, so idk if that will help, but... it could be useful.

--------------------
[b]

My GPX+ Shinies <3 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jan 4 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #25

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

I was wondering if perhaps we could have the National Pokedex Number added to the Pokedex entries for each pokemon? And, since you already moved the novelties to the bottom, perhaps they could have a separate dex, like with the shinies?

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jan 4 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #26

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

Could you guys please remove the "EXP calculation in progress, interactions and views up to ____ will be processed." line from the header? Or at least give us an option to?

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jan 4 2010, 05:26 PM
Post #27

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jan 4 2010, 11:16 AM) *

Something like that is pointless. Soon, lots of people will have nearly all of them except for the ones that aren't obtained so easily. And the stats page just shows the top 10, so the list would hardly ever refresh.

Speaking of that, how about an increase to the top stats? Like top 15, maybe. Top 10 was okay a long time ago, but we have over 30k members now. Probably a couple dedicated people in that bunch.

Also, a GPX points system kinda like FEPoints. Since you managed to link forum accounts to GPX, I'd imagine it couldn't be too hard to implement something like this. By "like FEPoints", I mean having a bank where you can deposit/withdraw stuff (possibly for a fee but also with a small interest rate) and possibly gaining points by posting. This would probably increase the spam though, so I dunno. Make it based on postcount so stuff like posts in the GPX forum lowers your points :p You can leave the gaining points by posting out but I'm very serious about the bank. And maybe if you put in enough points you'll get some small rewards. Like with real banks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blue Tomoshibi
post Jan 4 2010, 05:35 PM
Post #28

Frontier Owner
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 100

Best of the metagame

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jan 4 2010, 05:26 PM) *
Also, a GPX points system kinda like FEPoints. Since you managed to link forum accounts to GPX, I'd imagine it couldn't be too hard to implement something like this. By "like FEPoints", I mean having a bank where you can deposit/withdraw stuff (possibly for a fee but also with a small interest rate) and possibly gaining points by posting. This would probably increase the spam though, so I dunno. Make it based on postcount so stuff like posts in the GPX forum lowers your points :p You can leave the gaining points by posting out but I'm very serious about the bank. And maybe if you put in enough points you'll get some small rewards. Like with real banks.

Adding to this, can I suggest that if a user is inactive for x period of time they stop gaining interest, so it will keep people at least coming back to check on things.

--------------------
[align=center]

[/align]
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jan 4 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Team Awesomecakes

Are you meaning like in Mystery Dungeon? With Persian and the bank w/ interest? I've never heard of FEPoints....

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

wenganator
post Jan 4 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #30

Mystery Counter is presently at -300,000. Warning: Hacked system
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 203

Dragon Elite

QUOTE(Blue Tomoshibi @ Jan 4 2010, 05:35 PM) *

Adding to this, can I suggest that if a user is inactive for x period of time they stop gaining interest, so it will keep people at least coming back to check on things.

Adding to these ideas, maybe you could gain just a small amount of points for visiting every x time.

Also: I don't know if this is worth doing or not, but could you maybe make the Achievements so that they update for you by themselves? I know it's really not necessary, but you wouldn't even need the "five tries" for new achievements made, so there is no room for "spamming" at all.

Edit: Oh, and one more thing. Is it possible if we were ranked somehow by a Pokemon or something based on what we've accomplished, in simpler terms, what type of GPX+ member we are (I got this idea from Flamer's thread on what type of GPX+ member you are: you get a certain percentage based on 50 items, and then whatever percentage you get is directly related to what type you are -- veteran, newbie, etc.). I know that this could get redundant because there's already a type of ranking like this for GTS+, but I think it would be cool if we could have sort of the same thing for GPX.

This post has been edited by wenganator: Jan 4 2010, 05:55 PM

--------------------

All the banners in this rotating image were made by FiaH GE. Thanks so much!

Click to visit my party!

Pokemon Sprites (click to show)
Please clicky! (eggs and other stuff) (click to show)
Groups~ (click to show)
Other Interesting Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

ryan omega101
post Jan 4 2010, 06:28 PM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 352

Active Squad

Speaking of that, how about an increase to the top stats? Like top 15, maybe. Top 10 was okay a long time ago, but we have over 30k members now. Probably a couple dedicated people in that bunch.

I believe that we should be able to see more on the Stats page. I think that you should be able to click on a stat and it would drop down showing the top 20-50.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Jan 4 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #32

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Shiny Hunter @ Jan 4 2010, 08:38 AM) *
My third suggestion of the thread:

The New Achievements prompted me to this.

I think Ditto should be classified as Very-Rare instead of rare because that is a fairer reflection. There are more of most legendaries around than there are Dittos and it makes it near-impossible to complete the pokedexes for the achievements.

Just a thought...

Classifying Ditto as a very rare would make it almost never appear in the Lab.

QUOTE(Sephirothj1 @ Jan 4 2010, 09:39 AM) *
How bout a special "Ability" thing. Where certain pokemon can do abilities that could help with finding items,getting cetain eggs,ETC.

Great, another thing I can put on the "do not suggest" list.

QUOTE(ryan omega101 @ Jan 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *
IDk if this is a good idea but can we have a Regigigas Sky Form. (Google Images helps)

No Novelty suggestions.

QUOTE(Black Ice @ Jan 4 2010, 02:26 PM) *

I'd rather not have to deal with having a system like that here.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Jan 4 2010, 10:38 PM
Post #33

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

i think the shelter should disappear until the reset if you run out of adoptions

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Bobdapeach
post Jan 4 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #34

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 526

Active Squad

For my suggestion. It is the same as PuppyToast's. The idea of being able to dump PC boxes was something I was going to suggest in the old thread (But for some reason or another, I thought it already existed lol)

And another random thought I thought of just then. Making use of the Unknown letters in acheivements. Like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of sky. When in Aegis Cave, you have to collect the Unknown lette stones of 'ICE' (To battle Regice), 'ROCK' (To battle Regirock), And 'STEEL' (To battle Registeel) Then how you get the exclusive items for them (Regice-Ice Sash, Regirock-Rock Sash, and Registeel-Steel Sash) you can use these as summoning items to summon them. Just a thought (I know not to suggest summoning items, and achievements. but it sounded like a good idea)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jan 5 2010, 04:21 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Team Awesomecakes

I was thinking...so many people get hatched pokemon from the shelter, some of which they have no hope in hell of ever getting the egg dex entry...

1. An add on that would allow users to get the egg dex for hatched pokemon they catch. (It could be hella expensive.)

Also:
I was wondering about a personal stat thing, maybe on our dex pages:

You have # of # eggs. #% complete./You have # of 493 pokemon. #% complete. You have # of # Novelties . #% complete.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 5 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

Happiness:

I think happiness should be increased to a max of 300 because 200 is too easy to achieve.

Party:

It would be nice if there was an option which displayed your current party at the top of the page, no matter what page of the site you were on.

This post has been edited by cuty 93: Jan 5 2010, 08:53 AM

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Jan 5 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #37

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

Can the "not being able to hatch an egg until an hour after getting it" thing be reduced for some Pokemon? It's fine for the 5120+ eggs but anything below that, especially Magikarp and 2560 eggs, can take less than half an hour to reach full maturity.

This post has been edited by Robert Conley: Jan 5 2010, 08:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mornington Cresc...
post Jan 6 2010, 09:14 AM
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 930

Favourites

QUOTE(duder5000 @ Jan 5 2010, 03:38 AM) *
i think the shelter should disappear until the reset if you run out of adoptions

Huh, I figure you've never taken six from the Shelter in a day, then (or ten if you have the Shelter Pass), because it does disappear if you've run out for the day.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Jan 6 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #39

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

an item suggestion --

Cleanse Tag--it sort of works like repel but for the shelter and a lot more expensive sense the shelter shows the images which almost always gives away what Pokemon it is it would cut down a little bit on lag due to people not having to constantly refresh the shelter every five seconds to find that one egg they need

and another item suggestion

a Bike--it works with the poke-walker sort of like the amulet coin works for you but for your Pokemon the amulet coin if i recall gives you extra points every once and a while well maybe the Bike could give your Pokemon two interactions for one click every once and a while as well.

(sorry for bad grammar)

EDIT--i had another idea a way to search the entire site for Pokemon to see how many of a certain type of Pokemon there are and who owns them sorta thing

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Jan 6 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #40

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

I actually like the Bike idea.

I don't want to put any sort of Repel for the Shelter though, that would make finding things way too easy imo.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

78 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.