Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events
Cycloneblaze
post Jan 1 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #101

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Jan 1 2017, 02:17 PM) *
Why is it so hard to understand, that a lot of people began collecting coins expecting to get a Shiny Legend Voucher if they can get 1500? I do not want to start this discussion again.

I understand that perfectly well, but that doesn't in any way mean that you'll get a Shiny Legend Voucher Plus for 1500 coins. If you want that prize, be realistic about it. The staff said as much several times last February - they just don't want to give out that many vouchers.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Jan 1 2017, 10:34 AM
Post #102

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jan 1 2017, 04:00 PM) *
Why is it so hard to understand, that a lot of people began collecting coins expecting to get a Shiny Legend Voucher if they can get 1500? I do not want to start this discussion again.

I understand that perfectly well, but that doesn't in any way mean that you'll get a Shiny Legend Voucher Plus for 1500 coins. If you want that prize, be realistic about it. The staff said as much several times last February - they just don't want to give out that many vouchers.

Okay. I've had enough. Thank you for being this annoying.

If they want people to plan according to the February event, mention that in the event post, and not last year's December event.
If they want to distribute only a set number of SLVPs, they should say it at the start of the event, and people will plan accordingly.
I have registered in August. Do you really think I should know what was discussed during the event in February?
Why is it so hard to give a little more information about these rewards before the event ends? The exact numbers are not even necessary, just something like, "We are planning on giving out about 10 SLVPs".
And do you know what is the most annoying thing? If they know the coins required for the prizes will be completely different than last year, why do they say that the prizes will likely be the same? Can't they see the misunderstandings this will cause?

ed.: Sorry, that was only the second most annoying. The first is your attitude.

This post has been edited by DraconicDM: Jan 1 2017, 10:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Jan 1 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #103

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Jan 1 2017, 10:34 AM) *
QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jan 1 2017, 04:00 PM) *

Okay. I've had enough. Thank you for being this annoying.

If they want people to plan according to the February event, mention that in the event post, and not last year's December event.
If they want to distribute only a set number of SLVPs, they should say it at the start of the event, and people will plan accordingly.
I have registered in August. Do you really think I should know what was discussed during the event in February?
Why is it so hard to give a little more information about these rewards before the event ends? The exact numbers are not even necessary, just something like, "We are planning on giving out about 10 SLVPs".
And do you know what is the most annoying thing? If they know the coins required for the prizes will be completely different than last year, why do they say that the prizes will likely be the same? Can't they see the misunderstandings this will cause?

ed.: Sorry, that was only the second most annoying. The first is your attitude.

Alright chill out, hostility towards other members isn't gonna fly here at all. Next warning's coming with a suspension if this keeps up. I suggest you be more aware about your own attitude, being angry over a game is no rational reason to flame another user.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Vande
post Jan 1 2017, 03:00 PM
Post #104

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

I made just over 1k coins -dies- that Dreidel really has hated me this time around.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Jan 1 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #105

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Oh I had no idea there had been more than one event of this kind during the timespan of "last year"? Thatš really a kind of thing that should be specified. It feels a bit frustrating going into an event with the prizes being so vague.

Man, I really hope I'll qualify for the shiny legend voucher at #16 (ish since I'm about to go to sleep..), but if the cutoff is at 12 top people, then oh well. :')

--------------------
+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Jan 1 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #106

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

I just got into the top 50 with 1500 coins omg. A few posts ago I didn't think I would reach 1000 at all so I'm incredibly impressed with myself. o_o

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 2 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #107

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

6398 coins.. I wanted 6400 for OCD sake. Oh well!

Been a fun event, I'm tired. I got 350k activity score which put me.. 8th I think? Something like that, so I'm hoping I'll get something fairly decent from all this effort.

I hatched about 10 shinies in total too which was also very nice. Thanks for the fun stuff, staff happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cao
post Jan 2 2017, 12:09 AM
Post #108

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 778

Active Squad

And I'm over here just happy that I got to 350 coins haha.
Last time I barely had 50, so it's a personal best!

Though over the past few days the dreidel hated me - I think I had one span of one gimel for something like 20 spins? it was crazy.

This post has been edited by Cao: Jan 2 2017, 12:37 AM
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 2 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #109

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Jan 1 2017, 11:34 AM) *
If they know the coins required for the prizes will be completely different than last year, why do they say that the prizes will likely be the same? Can't they see the misunderstandings this will cause?

Because the prizes likely WILL be the same? The variable will be how many coins you need to get to arrive at those specific prizes.

EDIT - @Cao: Not me. I got a lot of Gimel and/or Shin. Of course, the most I wagered was 10 coins, so I only ended up netting 755 coins for the entire event, but ...

This post has been edited by RicFule: Jan 2 2017, 12:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jalakins
post Jan 2 2017, 12:29 AM
Post #110

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 152 251

Favorites

I'm pretty sure I didn't even get 200 n_n Is there a way to see our total now that it's over?

--------------------
~

There is no shelter from the storm. Lightning strikes when you least expect it.

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 2 2017, 12:30 AM
Post #111

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(Vande @ Jan 2 2017, 07:00 AM) *
I made just over 1k coins -dies- that Dreidel really has hated me this time around.

Glad to see I'm not the only one the dreidel seemed to have it out for. Earlier today, I had a straight two hours of 'Shin' followed by 'Hei' or 'Nul' before it FINALLY gave my a 'Gimel'.

I managed to scrape together 1.635 coins despite it being so finicky, but I had to work my tail off the past two days to get to it since I couldn't during the weekday due to work. Looking over scores others have gotten, I probably won't qualify for a Sh. Legend Voucher, but I can hope~

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 2 2017, 12:31 AM
Post #112

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Jalakins @ Jan 2 2017, 01:29 AM) *
I'm pretty sure I didn't even get 200 n_n Is there a way to see our total now that it's over?

I found mine by going to my browser history and finding the Dreidel page. Then, I just looked at my last spin to see how many total coins I netted.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Jan 2 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #113

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

hnnngh 4898. I wanted to strive for 5,000 but it just wasn't gonna happen. I did beat my last coin record for a day though, which had been like 700+. Now my new coin record is 837.

I finished 9th.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

H1Z1
post Jan 2 2017, 12:33 AM
Post #114

Zombie Bacon
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 479

1997 Team

you can see it in "total coins" in the statistics tab.

I did about 1340ish so I'm alright with that considering almost half was just yesterday and that netted me roughly #67

Should be pretty good to see what these prizes are going to be though.

--------------------

Looking for the Cupido Clefable
Be sure to message me if you have one to trade.

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 2 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #115

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Jalakins @ Jan 2 2017, 04:29 PM) *

if you go to https://gpx.plus/dreidel and hover your mouse over the coins today, it'll tell you your grand total.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sign Seven
post Jan 2 2017, 12:41 AM
Post #116

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 628

Active Squad

QUOTE(Myou @ Jan 2 2017, 01:30 AM) *
Glad to see I'm not the only one the dreidel seemed to have it out for. Earlier today, I had a straight two hours of 'Shin' followed by 'Hei' or 'Nul' before it FINALLY gave my a 'Gimel'.

I managed to scrape together 1.635 coins despite it being so finicky, but I had to work my tail off the past two days to get to it since I couldn't during the weekday due to work. Looking over scores others have gotten, I probably won't qualify for a Sh. Legend Voucher, but I can hope~

I had amazing dreidel luck on the 3rd day of the event and it all just went downhill from there haha. Stopped playing it on the last few days because I was just getting so many nuns and heis.

I'm exhausted from all the clicking and hatching but excited to see what the raffle has in store happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Myou
post Jan 2 2017, 12:51 AM
Post #117

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Sign Seven @ Jan 2 2017, 04:41 PM) *
QUOTE(Myou @ Jan 2 2017, 01:30 AM) *

I had amazing dreidel luck on the 3rd day of the event and it all just went downhill from there haha. Stopped playing it on the last few days because I was just getting so many nuns and heis.

I'm exhausted from all the clicking and hatching but excited to see what the raffle has in store happy.gif

Ouch, sounds like my 26th *pat pat*. I just kept spamming 4 coins until I finally broke out of it whenever I got into that rut.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Serend
post Jan 2 2017, 01:03 AM
Post #118

Ready to roll.
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 046

Round Things

Ended up with 1,815 coins and an activity score of 66,049. Not expecting anything special tbh.

aaaaaand this was meant for the community thread rip, oh well. That's what I get for having three GTS tabs.

This post has been edited by Serend: Jan 2 2017, 01:04 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 2 2017, 01:07 AM
Post #119

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

While I've no real idea how many coins I netted from the event, I followed the link provided by Myou (thank you!) and it said I have a total of a whopping - are ya ready for it - 100 coins. lol.gif I'm not upset with that though; after all, I made a conscience choice to not be active and it was hard to remember to come back and spin the dreidel.

Congratulations to those who were active. If you all remember that it was just a fun game for our enjoyment rather than a race to collect the most coins for the best prize then you played the game right. I have no idea what (if anything) I'll get from these coins and I'm OK with that, too. I just loved that GPX honored both the Christmas holiday as well as the Hanukkah holiday. I think there were many others going on at the time, but that they recognized these two meant a lot to me. love.gif It's why I love GPX. They try very hard to get us not only the most current Pokemon from the newest games but they try to find ways to keep us engaged and returning. And returning I will be. *nods emphatically* It's just been rough being active with both girls home, two brand new dogs, and being worried about other things going on as well.

But I love GPX and the fun side events (except the artistic ones with sprite creation because, yeah, I'm so NOT an artist LOL) that they plan and work so hard for us.

Happy New Year, GPX! You are an awesome fun website and you always try to provide interactive games to pass the time.

For now I'm going to bed, but I do hope that those who weren't happy with the coins remembers to take a moment and wear a smile. It's the first day of the new year. Let's wear a smile. K? grin.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Vande
post Jan 2 2017, 02:13 AM
Post #120

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

I was 251 in the Activity score and 116 in the Dreidel - falls over. Did the best I could. Now we wait.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.