Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rescue Program, I'd like feedback on my little idea
bellsproght
post Mar 19 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 228 309

Active Squad

HELLO! I am user bellsproght, a person with remarkably similar attitude and style to that of a bellsprout. I am semi-new to GPX+, and EXTREmELY new to the forums, as this is my first post. Now, when I first joined GPX+, I was amazed at a couple of things.

1. The sheer number of data that this website can store
2. How simple this site was to use
3. How each Poke has its own little history, story, ancestry, and is unique

Now, I had previously (and still am) doing a fun project and Pokemon X and Y, called Wonder Trade Rescues. The synopsis of it is that I would get a Poke from Wonder Trade, get 5 hearts in Poke Amie, level it up to 100 with a randomly picked moveset, ev train it, then wonder trade it back out, while logging the data into a Google Document so I can see how much it has changed. Now I wanted to do a somewhat similar project on GPX+, called bellsproght's Rescue Program <---- LINK HERE

If you click on the link, you will be directed to my project. Click on rules to see the Template and such, click on completed to see the Pokes I have already completed. If you just want to see an example, here is my most recent rescue, Sonic the Luvdisc. Sonic is a kind and caring Luvdisc who was a donated breeding reject from user Lady Rose. He was soon hatched by user Iconox, and stayed with them for a little over a month, only to be released and adopted adopted by user Margo. Released by Margo a mere week later, I found Sonic sad and abandoned, and took him in, levelled him up, and released him in hopes of him finding a happy home.

Please reply with your feedback on this project, or things you think I should add! THANKS!

This post has been edited by bellsproght: Mar 19 2015, 11:25 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Mar 19 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

I think this is a really neat idea! Though, if you have my suggestion, you should include a link to the pokemon. That way, if someone wanted to see it for themselves, they could.

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Apr 6 2015, 01:47 AM
Post #3

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Aw man, are you the one who runs the WT Rescues blog? You inspired me to do something similar in my OR game. grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Trunks
post Apr 15 2015, 11:23 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 245

Active Squad

I'd love to see an NPC created that does this. It really erks me that the people that run the shelter are constantly breeding Pokemon. They should be the last people contributing to an overpopulation problem. I'd say have them doing this, and maybe have Cypress be the one doing all the breeding, since she gets eggs for the lab anyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Apr 15 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #5

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Trunks @ Apr 15 2015, 11:23 AM) *
I'd love to see an NPC created that does this. It really erks me that the people that run the shelter are constantly breeding Pokemon. They should be the last people contributing to an overpopulation problem. I'd say have them doing this, and maybe have Cypress be the one doing all the breeding, since she gets eggs for the lab anyway.

The project is cute and all, but there is no gain from lowering the number of eggs in the Shelter. It'd be one thing if we had 10,000 active users, but we don't; therefore, any extra eggs are appreciated. People get frustrated when they can't find a certain egg for a task, shiny hunt, or just eggdex completion. Not to mention the sheer number of Alex and Thomas shinies I've obtained...

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Trunks
post Apr 15 2015, 12:03 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 245

Active Squad

Oh I'm not saying to do anything to reduce the eggs in the shelter. I understand completely that the way this site is designed, a ton of eggs will never be adopted and even more will hatched and then abandoned, mainly as people look for shinies. I'm just saying I think it's very out of character for the people running the shelter to contribute to Pokemon being permanently abandoned. I just thought a rescue program like this, making Pokemon more "adoptable" would be much more suited to the shelter couple than breeding is, and that another NPC should take over breeding. That's why I suggested Cypress. She needs eggs for the lab, and we could say it's her surplus going to the shelter. Or perhaps let Alex and Thomas focus on running the daycare and create a new shelter NPC.

Of course this is all just my opinions on it. I know it's actually such a minor change it doesn't really warrant much attention.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Apr 15 2015, 12:45 PM
Post #7

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Trunks @ Apr 15 2015, 12:03 PM) *
Oh I'm not saying to do anything to reduce the eggs in the shelter. I understand completely that the way this site is designed, a ton of eggs will never be adopted and even more will hatched and then abandoned, mainly as people look for shinies. I'm just saying I think it's very out of character for the people running the shelter to contribute to Pokemon being permanently abandoned. I just thought a rescue program like this, making Pokemon more "adoptable" would be much more suited to the shelter couple than breeding is, and that another NPC should take over breeding. That's why I suggested Cypress. She needs eggs for the lab, and we could say it's her surplus going to the shelter. Or perhaps let Alex and Thomas focus on running the daycare and create a new shelter NPC.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Their page does however say that they release Pokémon eggs that have not been adopted after 36 hours, so at least they're not contributing TOO much to overpopulation. In any case, the system with them works fine.

Honestly, from what I've seen, most people don't care about the Pokémon that they adopt on that high of a level. Usually they're just task helpers or things to stuff into the Battle Tower. Not to mention that releasing things like level 100 Pokémon helps other players. Still a cute idea.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:05 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.