Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Stopping the Past
ShinyTyphlosion
post Apr 27 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #1

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul was outside the Pokemon Center training his Pokemon. He knew that he was pretty likely to run into another battle on his next mission so he had to be prepared. "Cyndaquil, Ember on Eevee!" he called out to his Cyndaquil.

"QUILL!" Cyndaquil fired a short burst of red hot embers at Eevee who easily jumped out of the way.

"Come, try again, this time try and hold it."

Cyndaquil nodded and tried it again. "QUILLLLLL!" he seemed to scream as he fired them. Eevee quickly dashed out of the, but Cyndaquil kept going and turned to Eevee making the Embers hit.

Paul looked at Cyndaquil who looked a bit dizzy, "Good job, you're getting better at it." Paul walked over to the Eevee to make sure it wasn't hurt. "You OK? That was some Ember you took."

"Eevee." The small brown Pokemon said as it rubbed up against Paul.

Paul chuckled, "Alright, you OK to keep going? Mareep still needs some practice to." The Eevee nodded and ran off a bit. Paul walked back over to where he was standing before. "Come on out Mareep." He said as he pressed the button while holding out the Pokeball.

In a white light a yellow sheep Pokemon appeared, "Reeeep!"

"Use Thundershock on Eevee!" Paul yelled out.

The Mareep seemed to growl as it fired a Thundershock at the Eevee who quickly jumped over it.

"Come on, you can do better. Fire a quicker on this time."

"Reeeeeeep!" The Mareep fired another one that seemed to hit it's mark almost as soon as it came from it, but it hit the wrong spot completely.

Paul just stared amazed at the speed of the Thundershock. "Wow..." he muttered to himself.

Paul's PokeGear ringing snapped him out of it. He was given the PokeGear after his first mission so that they could contact him when ever. Paul picked it up and opened it, "Hello?"

"You've got a new mission, get to the breifing room quickly." he heard a voice say just before they hung up.

Yes, finally, maybe this one will have something to do with stopping Magma. he hoped. "Come on you guys, we've got a new mission." Paul called Mareep back into it's Pokeball as Eevee ran over to him. Then he felt his left shoulder get heavier suddenly and turned his head to see Cyndaquil on it. "Oh hey, didn't even know you were beside me." Paul chuckled as he pet the Cyndaquil. Then he crouched down and picked up Eevee then making his way into the Pokemon Center.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Apr 27 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #2

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

It had been a week since the end of the last mission and Daniel had been relaxing around town. Lily, Max and Belle had been getting to know each other more, which is exactly what Daniel had wanted. Daniel decided to take a rest under a large tree, relishing the day of peace.

"Hey, you! D'you want a battle?" Daniel, who was half asleep in the midday sun, was jolted awake by this question.

"I said, do you want to battle?" the question came again and Daniel looked up to see a boy of around 13 standing in front of him.

"Yeah sure. Only if it's a double battle though." Daniel replied, getting up from his resting spot.

"You got it." said the trainer.

Soon enough, they had begun their battle. The trainer had sent out a Zigzagoon and a Seedot.

"Who do you choose?" the trainer asked Daniel.

"I choose... these two." Daniel replied throwing two pokeballs. Both pokeballs burst open in a flash of white and Max and Lily materialised directly in front of Daniel.

"And so it begins." Daniel said with a smile.

"Let's get this over and done with you two." Daniel said to his pokemon. "Lily, quick attack on Zigzagoon. Max, Bite on Seedot!"

Daniels pokemon were a lot quicker and a lot more powerful than his opponents, but somehow even after taking a good hit from both Max and Lily, the trainers pokemon were still standing.

"Zigzagoon, tackle on Treecko, Seedot, bide!" the trainer commanded.

"Lily, take the hit, and then use pound close quarters! Max, tackle on Seedot!" Daniel commanded.

Max ran headlong into Seedot, knocking it flying. Lily took the full force of the tackle and then quickly reacted with a forceful pound knocking back Zigzagoon which collapsed a couple of seconds after being knocked back.

"No!" The trainer exclaimed. "I can't believe I lost..."

"Thanks for the battle. Keep training and you may be able to beat me if you try." Daniel said to the trainer.

"Yeah... I will thanks.." The trainer said. "Uh... hey, what's up with your pokemon?"

"What do you mean..?" Daniel started to say. He looked over at Max and Lily, only to see they were covered in a bright white light.

Max's shape began to change, when the white light was gone, in place of the Poochyena Daniel had battled with moments ago, stood a Mightyena. The same thing occurred with Lily, and in place of a Treecko, stood a Grovyle.

"Wow... Max and Lily, just evolved!" Daniel exclaimed.

Testing Max and Lily's new power would have to wait it seems... Daniel soon received a call on his PokeNav.

"A new mission has come in, you are required in the briefing room ASAP." The voice said. Almost immediately after, the call cut off and Daniel placed his PokeNav back in his pocket.

"Ok, you two." He said looking at the newly evolved Max and Lily. "Time to go i'm afraid. We've got a new mission."

He returned Max and Lily to their respected pokeballs and headed off to the Pokemon Centre to heal everyone up before heading back out to the briefing room.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Apr 28 2010, 03:29 AM
Post #3

Someone insane
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

Jan was lying on her bed in Groudon's Thumb, toying aimlessly with her Pokegear as Ember was arguing with Sparky, and Etheria was watching, amused. Apparently they were arguing on an issue involving Ember's lost Pecha Berry, but they argued every day since Jan had joined Team Magma and caught them, so really it was a common thing. She had been assigned a few missions now and then, but she found them nothing more than a few errands. But it didn't matter; she'd let them do what they wanted with her, as long as she could stay.

Her Pokegear began to ring, and she answered the call impassively. "Hello?"
"Jan. We're assigning you to a mission today."
"What, a mission to get the groceries or something?" Jan threw in a playful note and smirked to herself, and she could almost feel whoever was on the other end flinch, annoyed.
"No, you little brat. Stop messing around and come to Briefing Room number four. You'll be given the details of the mission there and you'll be assigned to your squad. So hurry up and get moving!"
The person on the other end hung up without waiting for a reply, and Jan giggled to herself. It was probably a grunt with the burden to call the new kid.

"'Kay guys, we got a mission, get back into your Pokeballs." Jan picked up her three Pokeballs and allowed Ember to give a grinning Sparky one last growl before she returned them with three red flashes. Then it was time to ponder as she headed towards the briefing room, which she had never actually gone to before, but it would be easy to find, seeing as Jan had memorized the map of Groudon's Thumb on the first day. This was the first time she was actually called into the briefing room. She had assumed most of the other "missions" assigned to her were just little pranks set up by the lower Grunts to tease the newbie a little while getting rid of their lesser chores at the same time. Jan had always shrugged that off, since she always had the last laugh anyway. She focused on her steps now, redrawing the map in her mind.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Apr 29 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #4

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Vincent was sleepy today. He didn't know what it was; perhaps he'd been overworked again? Whatever the case, the icy-blue haired young man couldn't bring himself to rise from his bunk. For a moment, everything was calm. His pokemon sat on the floor, doing nothing in particular, and Lanette was in the bathroom readying herself for the day, as all women did. Make up was their lives, it seemed to Vincent, as they spent a good fraction of time applying it every day. And, ironically, Lanette was a less serious case of it. All she ever wore was nail polish and hair spray (which isn't really make up, in a sense.)

But he didn't care. Peace reigned in his bunkroom today, and he was enjoying it. No missions, no worries, not problems. He could only complain that he was tired, and that only meant he had an excuse to rest longer.

::Lance?:: said a familiar voice on the room's built-in intercom.

Vincent slammed his fist into the control switch next to him. "Yes, sir?"

::We have a mission for you and Lanette. You two must go retrieve a set of new recruits to be picked up at Noverus.::

"Sir," Vincent interrupted, "couldn't someone else do this? Or, perhaps, Lanette go by herself?"

Lanette came out of the bathroom, dressed in full Aqua garb. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind going alone, boss."

::Very well, future Mrs Lance. You go it solo. Don't disappoint.::

"Yes sir!" she replied happily. She gave Vincent a kiss on the forehead and walked out of the room.

::Cute, isn't she?:: said the voice on the intercom.

"Wha-....Why are you still on the intercom, sir?" Vincent asked.

::Truthfully, I knew you'd volunteer your Fiancée to go in your stead. Ironically, I have a mission for you, as well. Travel to the Aqua research lab and get a status report from the scientists there. They don't checked in as frequently as they should, so I end up having to send men over there to get a report. It's as troublesome for me as it is for you, Lance.::

"I highly doubt that, sir."

::Hop to it, lad. Out.::

Vincent liked his new CO much better than his old one, but he wondered how much it would cost to get himself transferred back to Hoenn. He lay still for a couple minutes, contemplating what to do next, and eventually deciding to follow orders.

"C'mon, boys," he called to his pokemon, "let's get going."

The four pokemon responded instantly, following their master out the door.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: May 1 2010, 08:57 AM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Apr 29 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk was sitting in a busy street corner, with his Poochyena on his lap, watching people pass by. Mothers carrying sleeping babies in their arms, businessmen talking on cellphones, groups of children running around wildly with their Pokemon. This bored Kishk greatly, but having nothing else to do, he chose to stay here.

His Pidgey was high up in the air, practicing mid-air attacks with an oddly colored wild Spearow, while his Growlithe and Totodile rolled around next to Kishk, throwing the occasional jet of Ember and Water Gun at each other.

"Pidgey, come back." said Kishk, pushing Poochyena off his lap and standing up. He held up a Pokeball and pressed the large button on it. In a flash of red, the Pidgey was gone, and the Pokeball safely on his belt. "You three as well." he continued, throwing 3 more Pokeballs on the ground. Totodile, Growlithe and Poochyena grumpily tapped the button on their respective Pokeballs, and retreated into them.

Hmm... it's been quite a while since I was on that mission with Paul and the big guy... what was his name again? I think it was... Raves? Rooves? Hooves? No, that's silly... Reeves? Ah, yes, Reeves, and those powerful little Pokemon of his...

Cleaning the dust and dirt from his pants, Kishk started walking, with no specific direction in mind, getting constantly jostled by hurried people.

Ugh... I'm bored. I think I'll head back to The Sanctuary...

Just as he thought this, a sudden vibration on his hip, paired with loud metal music brought his attention towards his black PokeNav. Pulling it off its holster by the small guitar keychain, Kishk opened it to read the newly delivered message.

'Kishk. You have been assigned a new mission. Head back to The Sanctuary for your briefing.'

Hmph. It's about time I got a new mission. With some luck, maybe it can bring me closer to fighting Team Magma so I can finally get my revenge...

Kishk closed the PokeNav, placed it back on its holster, and began sprinting away towards The Sanctuary.

This post has been edited by Kishk: Apr 29 2010, 03:12 PM

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Apr 30 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #6

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Disclaimer (click to show)

Paul had left his Pokemon with Nurse Joy before he came into the breifing room to see a vetran waiting for him. "So what's this about?" he asked the vetran.

"Wait till the rest of the people get here." The vetran replied.

Darn... I was hoping for a solo mission. Paul thought to himself. "Would you mind if I asked who they were?"

"Just wait till they get here."

Paul sighed and sat down on a chair.

After about 5 minutes, Paul saw Kishk walk into the room and asked with a eager glint in his eye, "Are we going up against Magma this time?"

"Just wait till the last member gets here." The vetran said impatiently.

Though Paul said nothing to him, he was happy when he saw Kishk come in. He would have prefered him over another member who he didn't even know. But he still would have liked going alone better.

Shortly after Daniel came in. "Nice to see you guys again." he said as he smiled.

Paul just nodded pretty much saying, "Same to you."

"Alright," the vetran started, "while Team Aqua was mining for resources, they found a massive cache of fossils. In short, they are trying to revive them all. As you may know, Pokemon were much stronger in the ancient past, so it is possible that these ones are strong enough to take over the city. Luckily, they have no idea how even start to revive them right now, so there isn't much risk sending some initiates and an agent right now. They will be transporting most of the fossils in a few hours in a not very guarded vehicle to avoid suspicion. That's all we know. If you are unable to intercept the transport and destroy or steal the fossils, follow them and report back to us where they brought them. Daniel will be leading this mission as he has the most experience." The vetran walked out after explaining it to them to leave the rest of the planning to them.

Great, not only are we not trying to stop Magma again, but we have to find something again... Paul thought to himself.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Apr 30 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel remained seated after the Veteran left and thought over the mission.

"Hmm... Fossils eh? I'd quite like to keep one for myself if we manage to intercept the transport..."

Daniel was snapped from his thoughts by the sound of a chair falling over, he quickly got up and tried to bring order to his team.

"Alright you two, we're gonna need to find this mine that Aqua have been using. We'll start by grabbing a car and heading towards Kyogre's Maw to see if the mine is anywhere near there. If it isn't, then we'll need to use a map to find the locations of old mines." Daniel said. "Paul, can you find us an inconspicuous car and Kishk, can you grab us a map from the store room?"

Daniel watched as his team mates went to their delegated tasks and hoped that this would be an easy enough job. However, past experiences had told him that nothing was ever easy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Apr 30 2010, 06:20 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk was halfway out of the room when he remembered something. Walking back into the large room, he slung his backpack off his shoulder, set it on a chair and started rummaging through it, looking for something.

C'mon... Extra Pokeballs... Potions... where is it? Hmm... Ah! The map! There we go!

He spoke his last three words out loud triumphantly, holding a small bundle above his head, his mouth set in a wide and goofy grin. He suddenly felt very foolish, and as he looked around, he saw Reeves with a small smirk on his face, but attempting to remain serious nonetheless.

"Uhh... I found a map." said Kishk, unrolling the bundle and setting the map on the briefing room's dusty conference table. "Hmm... it would've been easier if I had updated my PokeNav with the complete map of Noverus... Ah well, I'll do that later."

Closing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulder again, Kishk pulled up a chair and sat down in front of the map. It showed the entire area of Noverus, as well as its surrounding areas, 5 kilometers in each direction.

"So... can I drive?" he asked, setting his feet on the table and grinning at Reeves. "Or am I not old enough?"

This post has been edited by Kishk: Apr 30 2010, 06:25 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 1 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #9

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The briefing room was the perfect size. It wasn't extremely small nor was it huge; it was just right for the small group assembled. There were two Grunts, looking pretty experienced to Jan, then again Jan was new to Magma. She sat on one of the plastic chairs, watching with bored violet eyes as the Grunts argued about their reputation, whoever had the better. Some members can be such brutes...

Their argument was hushed by the Elite in charge of briefing them on the mission, who let out a loud, "A-HEM," and shut the two up. Jan softly giggled to herself, and one of the Grunts gave her a dirty look, but she couldn't care less.

"Alright." The Elite looked content. "Now that I have your attention...today you have a critical mission on your hands."
Critical, huh? That's a change, thought Jan, but her expression remained impassive.
"Well, not so critical just yet..."
Figures. Jan pushed out blond bangs from her eyes.
"Team Aqua continues to be a threat to our rule here in Noverus. Recently reports claim that they have discovered fossils of ancient Pokemon. If they find a way to revive these ancient Pokemon in one way or another, its power just might be enough to rival our rule. Right now, however, they don't seem to have much of an idea as to how. That's where you come in. We want you to go and attempt to steal or destroy these fossils before Aqua brings them to wherever they plan to revive them. Reports state that they are transporting them through an unguarded vehicle to avoid suspicion. If you happen to fail...which I hope you don't...."
The Grunts seemed to shift at the Elite's strict gaze, but Jan didn't really feel it burn.
"...Then we expect you to have some information as to the location of the fossil revival, wherein we will send more experienced members to foil their plans. Understood?"

"Yes, sir," said the Grunts while Jan proceeded to toy with her Pokegear. The Elite raised an eyebrow, and upon sensing his expectant aura, Jan stated, "I heard that, you know. I would be quite stupid not to listen to a veteran like you." The Elite seemed a little discontent with the fact that Jan still had her eyes on the Pokegear even as she spoke, but let it pass, hearing that this was really how she liked to play things from his colleagues.

"And by the way. We've also received reports that The Rebellion are also trying to stop Aqua. If the fossils end up with them, however, the outcome will be the same. So if you encounter their troops...I expect you to...get rid of them. Understood?"

"Yes, sir!" Missing Jan's voice again, but the Elite let it pass and nodded, stepping out the door, his final statement being, "Be sure not to mess up."

The Grunts gulped and began to discuss the mission and where to start searching, Jan still toying with her Pokegear and ignoring the fuss. She was up to something.

This post has been edited by nuttyjigs: May 2 2010, 02:16 AM

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post May 1 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

As Vincent's boat sped upstream, the lazy teen took notice of the familiar surroundings. Trees, water, rocks. Homey. Just passed the HQ at Kyogre's Maw was the hidden research facility he'd been told to visit. Upon arrival, however, Vincent found that it wasn't all that hidden. In fact, it looked quite pretty glistening in the morning sun like that, with little more than a few trees as cover. It could probably be seen from further down river, but, then again, it wasn't all that big a building.

And who was going to come all the way up here, anyway?

Vincent parked the boat and simply walked in, the door opening upon his arrival. A scientist, a man of about fourty with long hair, pale skin and huge glasses, met him at the door.

"Hello, Mr Lance. We've been expecting you," he said in a really creepy voice.

"If you were expecting me, then why am I here?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"I was sent to get a report from you guys up here, only because you don't know to do it yourselves. But I get here and you've been expecting me, knowing full well I'm here for a report you could've SENT YOURSELVES! See where I'm going with this?"

The scientist thought for a moment. "Well, fine, if you don't want to see the fossils...."

"Good sir," Vincent replied with a sarcastic politeness only he could use, "I grew up around fossils. My father is a pokemon researcher."

"Then I suppose you know the whole process of how they are resurrected?"

"Sure."

"Then we need your help!" said the scientist suddenly, almost instantly getting on his knees to beg. "We've been having more trouble than we're willing to tell the Commander! Please, help us resurrect our current fossil!"

Vincent was flabbergasted. Had he really just been asked to help a specialized scientist resurrect a fossil? "I, uh...."

"Please! None of us want to be fired! Just show us how, once, and you can go!"

"Ah, whatever," Vincent couldn't believe the words he were saying. "Take me in, show me. Just stop begging, please."

"Oh, thank you, good sir! This way." The scientist got back up to his feet and showed him through the door.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post May 1 2010, 03:48 PM
Post #11

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul wasn't sure how to answer when Daniel asked him to get a vehicle. He didn't know how they worked let alone how to drive or steal one. "Um, I don't know anything about cars..." Paul told him as Kishk walked out of the room to get a map only to see him com right back in again and search his backpack.

He held the map over his head with a weird smile on his face. "Uhh... I found a map." Kishk told them.

"Did you have to do that?" Paul asked sighing as Kishk was laying the the map out on the table seemingly ignoring him.

"Hmm... it would've been easier if I had updated my PokeNav with the complete map of Noverus... Ah well, I'll do that later." Paul heard him mumble to himself.

Not really... Paul thought to himself. All 3 of us looking at that tiny screen... Paul looked at the map then remembered something. "There," He said pointing to a spot on the map right beside the northern river going around the city, "I remember there is a mine there, it's right on the edge of Aqua territory, but probably worth checking out. Besides, if it was right beside Kyogre's Maw why would they wait to transport them?"

"So... can I drive?" Kishk asked Daniel. "Or am I not old enough?"

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post May 2 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #12

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The Grunts were already beginning to argue again when they noticed Jan was still on her Pokegear. They turned to her. "Hey, newb, are you going to sit there playing with your Pokegear all day or are you goin to help us...?!" snapped the thinner one with raven hair. He looked almost desperate, probably recalling the Elite's harsh look.

"Uh-huh, this might do..." Jan was completely ignoring him, eyes still on the Pokegear. "Looks like a pretty good spot..."

"Hey, kid, are ya listenin'?!" The other grunt, bulky with deep brown hair, was more impatient than his comrade. "This is important. Ya don't expect a promotion with that sort o' attitude."
"...And you expect people to like you if your attitude leads you to criticize others without even giving your name first? My, my, sir, that's quite rude of you." Jan hid a smirk in her mind, allowing the Grunt to act stumped by the sudden change of subject awhile before grumbling, "Name's Randy. Guy over there's Mark. And don't you have something to say?"

"Janette Fey's the name. Call me Jan." She allowed Randy to collect his thoughts before he snapped, "I mean, put that thing down and let's get on and find out where that danged Team Aqua is bringin' those fossils!"

"Ah, you should have said so earlier." Finally she looked up from the little screen, letting Randy's annoyed expression and Mark's Why-does-this-always-happen look take her view before saying, "No need to get in a knot about it. I've already pinpointed a likely location."

"Okay then, twerp, let's see if it makes sense." Randy looked pretty confident, and Jan told herself her must have thought she was stupid. She rolled her eyes, getting up, and tipped her Pokegear towards them just enough so they could get a glimpse of the screen. Displayed on it was a slightly more detailed map of the river on the northeastern part of Noverus. It could capture a fraction of Kyogre's Maw, and a small number of less important facilities, trailing off the edge of Aqua territory. "As you can see here, around this area is a mine. Being moderately near Kyogre's Maw, compared to other mines at least, yet on the edge of the Aqua territory, it would be an ideal location for Aqua's mining operations. All we need to do is search around the area for any of Aqua's research facilities."

Randy had a glint in his eye, but Jan anticipated the question. "It wouldn't be a very smart idea to check Kyogre's Maw first. It's not very likely. Aqua is a sly team, and they wouldn't be stupid enough to send such an important discovery to somewhere we'd guess firsthand. Besides, if they are transporting them through a not-so-armed vehicle to avoid arousing suspicion, then sending it to the Maw straight off the bat would cause suspicion too, would it not? Not many 'normal' vehicles go toward Kyogre's Maw. There has to be a hidden Aqua research facility somewhere, and the fossils would probably be sent there. Going to this mine could give us a clue as to where this facility is."

Overall, the two Grunts looked pretty dumbfounded. Jan kept her Pokegear and smirked. "Well, is there something wrong? Skitty got your tongue?"
"We...We're fine..."stammered Mark, both for him and for Randy, because apparently the older Grunt was a bit put off, being outsmarted by a fifteen-year-old.
"Then let's go." Jan turned and left the room, not slowing when they called, "Wait for us--!!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post May 2 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #13

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel smiled and shook his head as Kishk held the map above his head wearing a silly grin. When he put it on the table Daniel started examining it, taking into account what Paul had said about the location.

"Well that would be our best bet then. And no Kishk, you can't drive. We still abide by the law here." Daniel said. This statement was met with raised eyebrows from both Paul and Kishk. "Well sort of anyway... Kishk, stick the map back in your bag and then the both of you follow me out the back."

Daniel then turned and headed for the large double doors at the back of the room. Once outside it was clear that this had only been a small shower. Looking round, Daniel spotted a rather ordinary looking saloon car. He walked up to it and tried the door handle... amazingly, it opened. He got in and looked round the car for a set of keys eventually finding a set in the middle of the spare wheel.

He got the engine started and shouted out the window to his team mates, “Get in you two. We want to make sure Aqua doesn’t revive these fossils don’t we?”

Paul and Kishk hurriedly got in the car and sat back as the car headed to the location on the map. Daniel hoped it would be a quick job.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 2 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

"I call shotgun!" Kishk yelled, running up to the car and jumping into the front passenger seat. He turned around and grinned at Paul, who settled on the back seat. Kishk removed his backpack, and set it in front of him, while putting on his belt buckle. Once safely secured on the seat, Kishk opened his backpack and stuffed the map into it.

Kishk heard an audible gasp come from behind him, but he ignored it.

Hmm... I think I'll access the internet on our way there, and upload all the available maps of Noverus onto my Pokenav, to prevent me from having to use paper ones.

As he thought this, his hand was already flipping open his PokeNav and attempting to connect to the internet. Once connected, he downloaded maps of the city and its surroundings directly from the Government's website. Just as he was about to close the PokeNav and place it back on its holster, he noticed a message in his inbox. He opened the message, which came from an anonymous mailer.

'Open your door, and step out of the car. Then, look upwards into the sky.'

Kishk was puzzled, but opened his door and walked out. He looked upwards, and, not seeing anything fantastic or out of the ordinary, decided to consider it some sort of prank. Still squinting upwards, Kishk heard a door slam behind him. Turning around, he saw Paul, laughing wildly, in the front passenger seat. Kishk grumbled, but decided not to fight, since they had to carry on with their mission. He walked to the back door of the car, and got into the back seat. Paul turned around to face him, handing Kishk his backpack.

This post has been edited by Kishk: May 2 2010, 02:43 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post May 2 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent was guided into a back room, not very well guarded but nonetheless reinforced on all walls by a layer of steel; protection, no matter how little. The only remarkable furniture (or, anything) inside the chamber was a fossil regenerator. Vincent recognized it immediately, because the one his father had back home was about the same size and shape, though a bit newer looking. The sad part was this particular model before him was a few years old, and extremely slow. But he did know how it worked.

Sorta.

"Have you got any sort of manual for it?" the teen asked.

"I don't know," the scientist replied. "If we do, no one would read it."

"I would."

Vincent picked up a wrench out of the toolbox on the floor next to the machine and opened the central panel. Inside the gears and wires were moving, slowly, but the machine still didn't work. He checked the glass dome atop the machine, where an Old Amber rested comfortably between three prongs protruding from the bottom of the dome. There was no other contact between the fossil and he machine. So he looked back inside the open panel, figuring the problem was internal.

Sure enough, the problem became evident upon closer inspection. A laser beam was trying to make contact with a receptor module within the regenerator, but was blocked by a strange obstruction. Vincent yanked whatever it was out of the machine, falling onto his back, but successfully starting the mechanism within that wasn't working. Three pointed lasers jetted into the Old Amber, beginning the long resurrection process. Satisfied, Vincent stood up, dusted himself off, and looked at the professor.

"Boy," he started, "what was blocking it?"

Vincent looked down. "A....a book of some kind."

"What? Really?"

The boy opened it. It was the instruction manual for the regenerator. "Go figure."

"Ironic," said the scientist thoughtfully. Then a thought appeared to occur to him. "Does it say how long resurrection takes?"

"Umm...." Vincent flipped through the pages. "Yeah, about an hour."

"Not too bad, I suppose. Thanks for the help, there, boy! Now you can bring that report back to your boss."

"Yeah....I guess."

"What's wrong?" the scientist asked, but then he answered the question himself. "You want a reward, yes?"

"It wouldn't hurt."

"Tell you what: stick around for an hour, and you can keep whatever pokemon this turns out to be."

Vincent smiled contently. He knew what an Old Amber yielded when resurrected. An Aerodactyl would make a fine addition to his team. "Thanks, I'll stick around. Who knows? Maybe something will go wrong."

He wasn't too hopeful, but then again, he wasn't all that lucky, either.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post May 2 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #16

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul was about to get in when he remembered Nurse Joy still had his Pokemon. "Oops." He thought outloud, "Just give me a minute." he said as he got out of the car.

As Paul was running back to the Pokemon Center, he tripped and landed face first on the cement. "Darn it!" He almost screamed it. "Today is just not my day..." After he had checked his arms and legs for he scratches, he got back up and noticed something white in a nearby bush. That's odd... he thought to himself.

As he walked over to the bush he heard Kishk yell something to him, "Hurry up! We haven't got all day!" But Paul ignored him and checked the bush to see an injured Ralts wimpering as Paul got closer.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." Paul told it.

The Ralts teleported when Paul tried to pick it up, but it only moved a few inches.

"I promise I won't hurt you." Paul assured it. "I know someone who can heal you. Please, let me take you to her." Then Paul remembered something about Ralts being able to sense emotions and started thinking happy thoughts. "So, will you let me help you?" The Ralts slowly nodded. "Alright." Paul carefully picked up the Ralts and brought it to Nurse Joy.

"This Ralts is pretty badly hurt." He told Nurse Joy when he got to the front desk.

"Oh my! What happened?" Nurse Joy asked him.

"I don't know, I found it in a bush just outside the Pokemon Center." He replied as he handed it to her. "I'm guessing it's wild or it was abandoned or it's trainer would have brought it here. So can you release it after?"

"Alright." she said. But Paul could sense that she didn't think the story was true.

"Also, I'm gonna need my Pokemon. I've got to be somewhere, right now."

"OK, I'll just get Chansey to bring them to you."

About a minute later the Chansey brought 3 Pokeballs to Paul. "Thank you." He said to the Chansey before running out the door.

"Sorry bout that. K, you can go." He told Daniel as he got in the back seat.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post May 2 2010, 06:07 PM
Post #17

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Must you two act like children?" Daniel said with a sigh. "We're about 10 minutes from the place it seems. If we run into any Aqua Grunts, i'm sure you can two take care of them. I'll then make my way inside and destroy the machine and perhaps steal a few fossils."

Paul and Kishk nodded in agreement. 10 minutes later, the car had arrived at the mine and Daniel could see the faint outline of a building about a half a mile from their current position.

"Stealth is everything now. So no messing around, got it?" Daniel asked. His team mates nodded in acknowledgement. "Good. Now let's go."

The three-man team walked silently through the bushes surrounding the area, towards the building making sure they weren't spotted by anyone or anything.

"Where's all the security then?" Daniel thought to himself. "Surely a place like this would require a hell of a lot of security?"

"Paul, can you use Mareep and Cyndaquil to create a distraction? Also, Kishk, I need you to back him up in case he comes up against some tough people. I'll try and sneak in while you two create the distraction." Daniel said to his team-mates.

Daniel quickly ran up to the side of the building and watched as Paul and Kishk began to create some commotion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kishk
post May 4 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk ran forward, throwing two Pokeballs into the air. In a great flash of red, his Pidgey and Growlithe appeared beside him.

"Pidgey, fly up high, and keep a lookout for us, ok?" he told the Pidgey, which took off immediately. "And you," he continued, scratching his Growlithe behind the ear. "Are gonna make one heck of a distraction!"

Kishk heard the sound of hurried footsteps and turned around, ready to fight if he had to. But it was only Paul, along with his Mareep and Cyndaquil.

"Ready?" asked Paul, grinning.

"Yeah, let's do this!" answered Kishk. "Growlithe, Ember on those trees over there!" he yelled, pointing at a small cluster of trees.

"Mareep, use Thundershock on that window! Cyndaquil, use Ember on the grass!"

The Growlithe ran towards the trees, stopping a few meters from them, and released a continuous burst of flames at them. They quickly caught fire, creating a great cloud of smoke, and giving off a foul stench. While this happened, the Mareep used Thundershock on the window that Paul had pointed out, shattering the glass and making whoever was inside yell in surprise. The Mareep then proceeded in using Thundershock on various other windows, which resulted in more yells and screams.

The Cyndaquil was also causing mayhem, and had made an enormous ring of fire on the grass, which was quickly spreading in the direction of the building. While this happened, Reeves quietly sneaked towards the door, and entered the building.

"Alright Paul, get ready to fight these scientists. I can hear them coming already..." said Kishk, with a sparkle of joy in his eyes. "Growlithe, return to your Pokeball. Pidgey, come down." he continued. In a flash of red, his Growlithe was back in his Pokeball.

"Alright! Let's win this. Mareep, Cyndaquil, over here!" Paul said, getting ready to battle.

A few seconds later, 3 scientists came out of the building. One had a Totodile, another had a Squirtle, and the third had a Poliwag. The first two ordered the Totodile and Squirtle to put out the fires while the third sent his Poliwag forward.

"I'll let you handle this one, Paul. Then I'll take care of the other two..." said Kishk, backing up a little.

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post May 4 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent heard a loud siren, followed by the unmistakable sound of battle, just outside the building. The machine had been purring for quite some time, and the one scientist who had led him in was still here, so he decided to go see what the big deal was. As fast as he could, Vincent sprinted for the door and instantly stopped. One thing he had learned in his years as a battler was to do research on the opponent, so he looked outside the window. Two young men were prepared to battle, dressed in civilian clothes and uninteresting in any other way.

He thought back to that day he first caught up with Lanette, when the one young man, Daniel, had nearly outwitted him. He’d been a Rebel faction member, and he’d worn similar clothes of little remarkability. Slowly Vincent stepped away from the window. If there were two possibilities to how this would end, these were them: either the two men outside were indeed Rebels (why else would anyone in those clothes come up here AND know exactly where this facility was) and they would win their battles outside, or there was a third man he couldn’t see out there with them. Either way, someone would be coming into the facility without permission, and his unformed Aerodactyl would be their first target.

The Aqua grunt turned on his heel and nonchalantly made his way back to the resurrection chamber. The same scientist was holding a pokeball out, nervous but ready to battle nonetheless.

“Glad to see you back,” he said.

“I couldn’t abandon the Old Amber. That’s my Aerodactyl in there.”

“Very true,” agreed the scientist. “By the way, you can call me Dustin.”

“Dustin. Right. And do you have a pokemon in that ball, Dustin?”

“I do. My Lombre, first pokemon I ever caught. Though he’s a tad undertrained….”

“Whatever works,” Vincent said mildly. He was unsurprisingly calm under the circumstances, but Dustin didn’t seem to comprehend that part of Vincent’s character too well.

“How are you so calm, Mr. Lance?” he asked nervously.

“I’m just that way, I guess. I used to be a really good battler myself.”

“Is that so?...” Dustin replied thoughtfully.

Nothing more to do but wait...Vincent thought to himself.

"How much time left, Dustin?"

"On the Aerodactyl?" Dusting checked the machine. "About ten minutes."

"Then we only have to wait until then," Vincent replied. "These thugs wont have anything left to steal from us but this machine."

"Ah, well....erm...." Dustin shuddered. "We do have a truck on the way, with a few fossils in tow."

"That....a problem." Vincent thought aloud. Now he was slightly nervous, too.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: May 5 2010, 11:05 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post May 4 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #20

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Paul sighed. They both seem to be ordering me around... He thought to himself. "Alright, return Mareep!" Paul pointed a Pokeball at Mareep making it disappear in a flash of red as Cyndaquil jumped on his shoulder. "Alright Eevee, your first battle, make it count." He pressed a button on another Pokeball and the small Eevee came out.

"Eevee!" It seemed to say.

"Tackle!" Paul shouted.

The Eevee started charging forward when the scientist shouted something. "Bubble attack!"

Paul watched as a bunch of bubbles started floating around. I'm pretty sure they hurt when Eevee touches them. I doubt he'd do it just for show... "Sand attack!" The Eevee spun around and started spinning it's tail in a circle making a small dust storm. One by one the bubbles popped as the sand touched them. "Now Tackle again!"

"Dodge and use Water Gun!" The scientist stuttered. The Poliwag jumped out of the way of Eevee and shot a jet of water hitting Eevee.

Clearly I won't be able to hit him with Tackle alone... And the only other move Eevee has is Sand Attack... How am I supposed to do this?

While Paul was thinking the scientist shouted another command. "Bubble attack again!" The Poliwag started firing more bubbles around.

Paul quickly reacted. "Sand Attack to get rid of them again!" The Eevee spun around again and started sending some more dust at the bubbles. Paul watched as water went everywhere when the bubbles popped. That's it! It's hard to jump when your in mud. Water and sand make mud, so all I have to do is just get him to use Bubble a few more times and-- Paul's trail of thought was broken when his Eevee was hit by another Water Gun.

"Giving up yet?" The scientist shouted over at Paul.

"I'm not going down without a fight!" Paul yelled back over to him. He looked at Eevee and saw that it wasn't doing to well after getting hit by a second Water Gun. "Eevee, don't move."

"Fine, Water Gun again!"

"Dodge it!" The Eevee jumped out of the way of the third Water Gun. "Now just stay there and get ready for his next attack."

"Use as many bubbles as you can!" The scientist shouted in frustration.

As the bubbles started covering the battle field again, Paul was confident he could win. "Sand Attack again!" The Eevee spun around again and fired off another small whirlwind of dust popping all the bubbles. Paul looked at the battlefield, sure enought, it was pretty muddy. "Let's finish this, Tackle!"

"Ha, my Poliwag easily dodged it last time, why would it work again?" As the Poliwag went to jump out of the way, only one foot managed to get out of the mud and it fell over right before Eevee tackled it.

"That's why." Paul responded happily winning his first solo battle.

This post has been edited by ShinyTyphlosion: May 4 2010, 10:25 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:58 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.