Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events
Zerxer
post Dec 11 2016, 03:51 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

It's December! The rather bitter 2016 is finally ending, but not before we get to enjoy some of the best holidays the year has to offer.

Being an adult without children, I've found Christmas hasn't really meant all that much to me anymore. The best part of the holiday now is simply the nostalgia... remembering what it was like each of my childhood years, the family I rarely ever see now, and the traditions I partook of.

The last twelve months, as the Bounsweet in this season of South Park have shown us, have been filled with different types of nostalgia, and bookended with Star Wars releases. With that in mind, I propose we go out with a nostalgic bang.

Sun and Moon recently had an incredibly successful launch, and we're working hard to get all of the new Pokémon added to GPX, but let's not forget how most of us felt when we played those first games while watching the first season of the show. I'd like to hold tribute to the original 151 Pokémon (...or at least the ones that are easily obtainable).

The Hanukkah event
  • Begins: Thursday, December 22nd at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is two nights before Hanukkah begins.
  • Ends: Sunday, January 1st at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is the night Hanukkah ends.
This month, we'll be bringing back our Hanukkah event, with a twist. Normally you'd receive 1 coin for every Fire-type you hatch, but this year you'll receive 1 coin for every Generation 1 Pokémon egg you hatch. If the egg you hatch happens to hatch with a Gen 1 sprite ("Red/Blue", "Japanese Red/Green", and "Yellow"), you'll earn 5 coins. You'll also earn 20 coins for completing a daily Scavenger Hunt task. These coins are completely separate from all other currencies on the site.

Additional information on the Hanukkah event (click to show)

Scavenger Hunt
This month's Scavenger Hunt will start mid-month as always, running the entire second half of the month, but you'll only earn 20 coins for completing a task once the Hanukkah event starts (so the 23rd to the 31st).

Explorations
The two Christmas explorations, "The Twelve Days of Christmas" and "Secret of Christmas", have been activated and will run through the end of the month.

Secret Santa Exchange
We're finally doing this again! Feeling nostalgic? I know, I know, we did it last year... but that was the New Year's Exchange, totally different. This will happen over Christmas weekend, and I will post additional information around that time, but it'll work about the same as last year's New Year's Exchange... hopefully without any of the same issues.

New Year's Raffle
It's been so long since we've done one of these! The way this worked on New Year's 2012 was you'd have a day to be as active as possible, and for every 2012 points of Activity Score earned, you'd get one entry. We then handed out a certain number of legendary eggs, and you'd have a chance to get one based on the number of entries you earned. I'll post more information about this later, but since Hanukkah ends on New Year's Day, it may be based on your Coins instead of a single day's activity. Stay tuned!

I'm feeling festive so I may try to have some other surprises for you all this month! We hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday season, no matter which holidays you celebrate, and I'm sorry if yours has never been represented by GPX -- you still matter to us!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 11 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 11 2016, 08:51 PM) *
  • Prize information relating to the Coins will be announced later, but likely the same as last year.

That's really good to hear - now people can be sure about what they'll get for what they put in. That was the only bad thing about the coin events last year and earlier this year.

I look forward to everything that's in store! And let me be the first to thank you and all the staff for everything you've done for the site and its users this year. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 11 2016, 04:04 PM
Post #3

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Woah that sounds like we're up for quite an amazing and event-filled ride grin.gif
Thank you so much for organizing this all and I'm very much looking forward to participating

This is THE perfect time to start shiny hunts for Generation 1 Pokémon

As for the raffle I think I'm either entering a legendary or a shiny I've gotten
Because those are always fun to get I suppose, and I think the person on the receiving end might also be happy with one of those.
Especially with all the new members suddenly getting active, if I can help them fill their dex then it's certainly worth it.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 11 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #4

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

Glad to see the new events. I'm super hyped about all of these!
I will probably enter a legendary for the raffle. Most likely a Hoopa or a summonable one. I don't have any other extras.

I hope I will be able to gather a lot of coins, and get some of the best rewards. That Shiny Legend Voucher Plus from last year is very attractive grin.gif grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 11 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I got a shiny Zergoose from the exchange last time. Since I already had both forms shiny, I will give it back this time. Hopefully someone will appreciate that. It's also female.

Also looking forward to making a profit off of the dreidel again like I did on most days last year.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Dec 11 2016, 04:54 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 11 2016, 04:51 PM) *
The Hanukkah event
  • Begins: Thursday, December 22nd at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is two nights before Hanukkah begins.
  • Ends: Sunday, January 1st at 11:55pm EST (site reset), which is the night Hanukkah ends.
This month, we'll be bringing back our Hanukkah event, with a twist. Normally you'd receive 1 coin for every Fire-type you hatch, but this year you'll receive 1 coin for every Generation 1 Pokémon egg you hatch. If the egg you hatch happens to hatch with a Gen 1 sprite ("Red/Blue", "Japanese Red/Green", and "Yellow"), you'll earn 5 coins. You'll also earn 20 coins for completing a daily Scavenger Hunt task. These coins are completely separate from all other currencies on the site.

So, I'm guessing this means that you shouldn't hatch Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid, Tyrogue, Smoochum, and Magby? Because while those grow up to be Gen I pokemon, they are actually Gen II. {As well as Mime Jr and Happiny, but those are Gen IV pokemon who grow up to be Gen I.} Did I miss anyone else?

And also? My Christmas Exchange will be the Diancie I got earlier this month. I mean, that IS why I did the exploration in the first place, dontchaknow.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cao
post Dec 11 2016, 06:26 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 778

Active Squad

I'm so happy the Secret Santa is back! Can't wait to read more about that!
Gotta decide what I'm putting in this year.

And yay for the Gen1 for the Hanukkah event! I have a few Gen1 shiny hunts going, so I'll focus on those ones!
+Quote Post

Hitaka5Ever
post Dec 11 2016, 06:50 PM
Post #8

is deep in Hitaka Hell
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 935

Battle Subway Team

Sounds fun! The Hanukkah event will be awesome! I know which pokemon to hatch a crap ton of cat.gif

--------------------

Need Social Network? PM me; 14/48
You can call me Sladin or Rocky (:
Please do not use my icon for your personal use. Thank you happy.gif
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Dec 11 2016, 07:18 PM
Post #9

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Very excitement. grin.gif I love doing events. Lots of work but lots of fun and entertainment.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 11 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Oh my GOD I am so PUMPED for this. Like, really REALLY pumped. Maybe I'll actually try my hardest at these instead of half-ass trying like the few others years grin.gif

I can see Magikarp being a top contender but then you deal with houring eggs.. Hatch+ forever? lol. Much excite!

My xmas exchange I'll throw in the Sh. Dialga I got last year. May as-well try and finish up the summonable legends for shinies; I'm missing all of the Hoenn stuff so some of those would be nice.

Man if I can get top of the coins and get that Sh. Legendary Voucher Plus I can finally finish that Sh. Kyurem hunt.. crying.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Earth
post Dec 11 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #11

Derp.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 929

Active Squad

That top prize from coins earned is VERY inciting. Literally planning how to do it now.

--------------------
||

2.06M interactions and counting...

+Quote Post

Esc
post Dec 11 2016, 10:28 PM
Post #12

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

yay! Thanks for this happy.gif! Looking to be active once more grin.gif!
Happy Holidays everyone!

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 11 2016, 11:56 PM
Post #13

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Oh sweeet, hyped for this for sure!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 12 2016, 01:15 AM
Post #14

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(RicFule @ Dec 11 2016, 03:54 PM) *
So, I'm guessing this means that you shouldn't hatch Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid, Tyrogue, Smoochum, and Magby? Because while those grow up to be Gen I pokemon, they are actually Gen II. {As well as Mime Jr and Happiny, but those are Gen IV pokemon who grow up to be Gen I.} Did I miss anyone else?

Correct. The egg itself has to be of a Gen 1 Pokémon.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Dec 12 2016, 01:16 AM
Post #15

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

THANK YOU for organising all these events this month! I'm wondering how I'm gonna participate in everything but I'm sure I'll figure it out. wink.gif Happy Holidays, GPX+! Thank you for a lovely six months haha.

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

Caprice
post Dec 12 2016, 02:08 AM
Post #16

Dancer in the dark
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 492

Favourites

Can't think of a more fitting theme for these events... For myself, at least - it's nostalgia that made me type in the link to GPX+ after 3 years of being away. I was even sure there was another big wipe, like back in the day, and all the pokemon in my boxes had new owners now. Surprised they weren't, and here I am, hooked again, glad to be back.

Being an adult without children, somehow Christmas is still a big deal to me. And I'm happy about it, because I see my future with a person that has never celebrated Christmas (due to his religion), I want to bring all of the wonderful traditions to our relationship so that he can experience the magic.

And that's why reading this thread filled me with excitement, I am going to participate in everything I can! Thank you so much for organizing all of these, and for keeping this amazing website up for another year!

--------------------

+Quote Post

CrooklynLB
post Dec 12 2016, 04:34 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 880

Active Squad

Have we ever had an advent calendar on GPX?
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 12 2016, 09:57 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Oh wow! This sounds very exciting indeed! Guess I"ll have to brush up on the Gen 1 Pokemon. blush.gif It definitely sounds like a fun month so thank you for all your extra hard work on this! Hopefully I'll be able to participate enough to obtain a nice gift at the end of it all. Not sure what Pokemon to use in the gift exchange. I will have to see who I have in shiny form and whom I can spare in shiny form. Hopefully there will be something cool enough to make someone's day.

Sounds like December 2016 will be challenging yet fun on GPX. So thank you for thinking of us! love.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Dec 13 2016, 11:13 AM
Post #19

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Wow how did I miss this announcement?

I am SO pumped for everything posted here, especially the prizes being similar to last year. It means I need to get enough points for that sweet Shiny Legend Voucher. I really want to get a non-summonable shiny legend so what better way than to earn coins!

Christmas isn't the same anymore when you can just BUY the things you want. I'm no longer a child who has to wait for my birthday or Christmas to get things. I can go to a store any time I want. The only thing different is we now do everything for my niece, we don't need to get gifts, she's all that matters now happy.gif.

I'll probably put the shiny Groudon I got in last year and hopefully get something new for the Pokedex.

This post has been edited by Asbel Lhant: Dec 13 2016, 11:14 AM

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 15 2016, 08:18 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

I see your Secret Santa Exchange and I think somebody will be happy to know I'm planning to submit a Shiny Dracowwymsy.

So if you've got shiny novelties lousing around, now's the time to enter them. As long as it's not a Shiny Dracowymsy, of course... then again, that would mean neither you nor I would need one... How about Shiny Bidofo?

That's a thought; what happens when an odd number of Secret Santa eggs are exchanged? A voucher related to the kind of pokemon offered to one lucky person?

Sadly, I don't have any G1 shiny hunts going while I prep up for Hannukah (think I'll hatch some Spearow). But what the heck, we love Shiny Pokemon no matter how we get them.

This post has been edited by Breech Loader: Dec 15 2016, 09:02 PM
+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.