Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Mobile Site Habits -- how/when do you use the site?
Synx Itax
post Dec 19 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #1

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Those of you who use GPX+ Mobile:

When do you use it most?
What do you usually do on the Mobile site, and do you do anything more/less than on the desktop version?
Has anyone ever wondered what you were up to?

Me personally, I use the GPX+ Mobile site just about everywhere. I use it when I'm out and about, in restaurants, at events, at stop lights... just about all the time whenever I'm not talking to someone and have some free time.

I pretty much do everything that I do on the desktop version, and I've been actually clicking a lot more recently than before due to the mobile version's Berry Feeder working much better lately. Obviously the Mobile Walker is something that I take advantage of a lot thanks to driving so much.

I've been asked several times if I'm playing Bejeweled or some other mobile game. xD

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Oslor
post Dec 19 2014, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 224 955

Active Squad

When do you use it most?
I use mobile mostly when I'm outside the house and it's not convenient to pull out a laptop. Like if I'm waiting for people to show up or out shopping, stuff like that.

What do you usually do on the Mobile site, and do you do anything more/less than on the desktop version?
Usually I check the mobile walker and daycare/party. Rarely I use the berry feeder.

A few have but it's never a big deal, more curiosity because they haven't seen this "app" before!

--------------------

+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Dec 19 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #3

Squawk!
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

When do you use it the most?
When I'm at work, or out of town without my laptop.

What do you usually do on the mobile site?
The mobile walker always, and sometimes the daycare. Every once in a while I'll check my party to hatch eggs, then use the shelter to get new ones and the berry feeder to warm them. Essentially never use the mobile berry feeder otherwise.

No, not really. I've had far more questions when on the regular website at college than on the mobile page, probably because I'm usually only on it long enough to activate the mobile walker.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Kamizard
post Dec 19 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 175 046

Active Squad

I generally use the mobile site to check the Daycare, activate the Mobile Walker, and hatch eggs. This is most often when I'm in bed and just don't feel like getting up, but sometimes when I'm out and about. It also comes in very handy while storm chasing; there is a lot of driving involved and the miles rack up quickly.

I don't interact much on the mobile site. Basically the only time I do is near the end of the day when I know I won't be back on my laptop before reset.

I don't believe anyone has seen me use the mobile site except my boyfriend, who is amused by my continued obsession with Pokemon.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Dec 20 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

When do you use it most?

When I'm in bed and unable to sleep. I never use it when I'm out of the house.

I just hatch eggs and click. Mobile Walker activations won't work on the mobile site for me, and everything else just runs too slowly for me to bother going beyond the two most basic things to do on the desktop version of the site.

Most people assume I'm playing a game -- but let's just say a select few know about the X rated stuff I bookmark on my Mobile device. I shan't elaborate.
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Dec 20 2014, 02:19 AM
Post #6

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

When do you use it most?
When I'm on my laptop. I'll be on tumblr or something and use one hand for the mouse and my other hand clicking on my phone. When I'm concentrating on what I'm doing on my laptop and not paying attention to the clicking then I can get through quite a bit without it feeling like a lot.

Mainly clicking. And the mobile walker, especially if I actually remember when I'm not home. I'll also hatch/obtain eggs, use the poke walker, and remove from the underground. Sometimes putting a new Pokemon in the underground doesn't work because it almost always freezes when I try to access the PC page, don't know why.

No more so than when I'm doing anything else on my phone.

--------------------
+Quote Post

CobaltComm
post Jan 31 2017, 05:29 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 946

Active Squad

When do you use it most?
I usually use it between classes, or at lunch, when I have no computer access and want to reprime the Mobile Walker.

What do you usually do on the mobile site, and do you do anything more/less than the desktop version?
Personally, I usually do everything I do on desktop, but clicking is slower. I do like the more organized safari zone though! nod.gif

People ask me if I am playing Pokemon Go... facepalm.gif But other than that, not really.
+Quote Post

birdorcages
post Jan 31 2017, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 183

Active Squad

I use it all the time, like in the morning before I go to work, or whenever I find myself bored on my phone when I'm out in public. I use it just as much as I do the desktop site, and pretty much use all of its' functions. Hatching, clicking, and picking up eggs mostly though. Easier to click through eggs, though I don't always feed the right berries on mobile (save for Exploration Pokemon, that always seem to load a second late and stop me from just tapping whatever berry my finger happens to be near). Nobody cares what I do on my phone though. My friends know I'm into Pokemon so it doesn't really come as a surprise.

This post has been edited by birdorcages: Jan 31 2017, 06:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Feb 1 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #9

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

I use the mobile site every day, though I much prefer using the regular site when I get the chance to use my computer.
But like CobaltComm said - I do like the organized Shelter/Safari Zone!
I'm glad I'm able to hatch eggs, look for new ones, start hunts, evolve things and click wherever I am.
I usually check the mobile site most in the evening, when I'm watching tv and then do a bit of clicking.

It functions as a moment of relaxation throughout the day, really.
Can take two seconds or five minutes, it's all good.

Haven't been in a situation where people have asked what I was playing.
Would love to randomly stumble upon someone who is also playing, though!

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

D E A N
post Mar 27 2017, 05:57 AM
Post #10

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 972

sand everywhere

I mostly use it when I'm not at home or work. I use it to check if I have eggs ready to hatch, mobile walker ready to active or daycare eggs to donate (though only if they haven't bred an egg I'm currently hunting).

Sometimes I might use it during a coffee breaks/lunch at work. But only if I know there might be something I need to do. Since I'm mostly in front of a computer (@ work) I usually use it for check-ins.

I rarely use to for interactions (outside home/work), unless I'm in the middle of an exploration tasks like "Get X interactions" or "Have Y at level X or higher in your party".

At home I use it for egg shelter and safari zone (it's so much faster!). Unless it's Honey+ days, since you can't use the Fill Party on the mobile site. Also on a days I want to make as many interactions as possible, I use it for interactions when I'm cooking or going to the toilet (hehe) or if I just have to go get something from another room. But there is rarely that kind of days when I've my phone glued to my hand if I'm not in front of a computer.

I usually try to hide my phone when I'm using the mobile site. I'm not really comfortable of someone noticing it let alone commenting about it. But I guess I'm getting more open about it. I'm trying to be more like "I don't care what other people think - I do me".

This post has been edited by D E A N: Mar 27 2017, 05:57 AM

--------------------

Newest shinies~
Formerly know as tiika and Marshal Tilka.
Feel free to call me just Dean (:

shiny hunt relevant (click to show)
groups and credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Mar 27 2017, 09:14 PM
Post #11

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

When do you use it most?

In the bathroom or on my breaks.

Hatch stuff/refill party/account maintenance/light clicking.

Nope, cause it's hard for people to snoop when I'm in the bathroom or outside.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:37 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.