Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Negative" Natures? (specifically Togepi)
Inksei
post Oct 28 2010, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Kyogre seeker
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 116 957

My favorites <3

I have been wondering a lot about natures. I mean, the name of some natures definately sound "negative", such as sassy, hasty and naughty.

Turns out my favorite Pokemon of them all, the one is so cute I can't resist is Togepi. I didn't notice it's nature until now, which is Hasty. I've worked hard in training it.... but does it's "bad" nature really make a difference other than if it had been a nice one? I know the stats vary with natures, but nothing other than that. I don't know how to obtain another Togepi in the game since it's the one that Professor Elm gave me at the beginning of the game (Soulsilver) right now my Togepi is level 13 and I'm stuck. I also noticed I trained a Hasty Mareep that is a permanent in my party as for now.....

Is my Hasty Togepi really just not worth it? sad.gif

--------------------

My born-to-be babies love.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

FancyGranola
post Oct 28 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #2

Elite Double Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 673

Life

QUOTE(Inksei @ Oct 28 2010, 05:49 PM) *
I have been wondering a lot about natures. I mean, the name of some natures definately sound "negative", such as sassy, hasty and naughty.

Turns out my favorite Pokemon of them all, the one is so cute I can't resist is Togepi. I didn't notice it's nature until now, which is Hasty. I've worked hard in training it.... but does it's "bad" nature really make a difference other than if it had been a nice one? I know the stats vary with natures, but nothing other than that. I don't know how to obtain another Togepi in the game since it's the one that Professor Elm gave me at the beginning of the game (Soulsilver) right now my Togepi is level 13 and I'm stuck. I also noticed I trained a Hasty Mareep that is a permanent in my party as for now.....

Is my Hasty Togepi really just not worth it? sad.gif

There is a huge difference in Natures. Natures determines how stats are going to grow. For instance, a Hasty nature will give a -10% Defense while giving you a +10% Attack growth.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

TheDrunkenwhale
post Oct 28 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #3

The Lazy-Ass Artist under the Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 997

Shooting Star Team

If you don't want your Togepi to have a hasty nature, let it evolve into Togetic (Maximum happiness) and put it in the daycare with a Ditto (Route 34) and raise a new Togepi. Or go to the GTS (Global Trade Station) and put up a pokemon to trade for one. (WI-FI required)

Natures are really nothing to worry about, they are simply a stat based thing, look them up at Bulbapedia or Serebii for the boosts. Anyway, it all depends if you're using Togepi through the game or if you're raising one to battle against friends.
+Quote Post

Inksei
post Oct 28 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #4

Kyogre seeker
Group Icon

My favorites <3

QUOTE(Drunkenwhale @ Oct 28 2010, 08:15 PM) *
If you don't want your Togepi to have a hasty nature, let it evolve into Togetic (Maximum happiness) and put it in the daycare with a Ditto (Route 34) and raise a new Togepi. Or go to the GTS (Global Trade Station) and put up a pokemon to trade for one. (WI-FI required)

Natures are really nothing to worry about, they are simply a stat based thing, look them up at Bulbapedia or Serebii for the boosts. Anyway, it all depends if you're using Togepi through the game or if you're raising one to battle against friends.

I have been doing exactly that, looking it up at Bulbapedia and Serebii, but it's really confusing since I'm really a newb to Pokemon.
I am looking to use Togepi through the game and not to battle against friends.
Thank you so much for the advice, I had no idea I could get another Togepi or how, now I know! cat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

daniff
post Oct 29 2010, 07:59 AM
Post #5

not really a dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 244

Active Squad

well if your togepi is hasty then it has increased speed grin.gif meaning that it will be faster and harder for other pokemon to hit grin.gif (i.e pokemon might miss him when they are attacking)

but it has less defense so if it does get hit it would hurt more than other pokemon would...

but there really isn't a problem grin.gif
its gets stronger as it levels up and it shouldn't cause any problems what so ever grin.gif

if you want to know more visit this page
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature
" target="_blank">
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

--------------------
plz click my little girls

and yes the pink one is shiny grin.gif crazy.gif
and yes i did just realise it was shiny
and no i haven't only just got it
+Quote Post

Rash
post Oct 29 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 586

My awesome team!

Definitely try for a minus Attack nature for your Togepi. Togepi/tic/kiss don't use Attack.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Oct 29 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #7

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Rash @ Oct 29 2010, 05:30 PM) *
Definitely try for a minus Attack nature for your Togepi. Togepi/tic/kiss don't use Attack.

This.

I would get a Modest Natured Togepi. Or try to. It'll increase Special Attack and Decrease Attack.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 29 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

As for base stats, Togepi has good Defense and Sp. Def stats. The attack is pathetic, but the Sp. Atk is it's highest stat. The speed is average.

If it were me, I'd go with Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) with the Hustle ability. I guess you could also give it a Choice Band?

QUOTE(Rash @ Oct 29 2010, 11:30 AM) *

Aerial Ace, perhaps? Extremespeed!
I don't know, that's all I have to say.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Oct 29 2010, 12:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Inksei
post Oct 29 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #9

Kyogre seeker
Group Icon

My favorites <3

Thank you all so much, now I understand better how Nature works, and also how it works with Togepi whom I'll be keeping, I'll just use the Special Attacks when it is a higher level happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.