Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
If pokemon were real, just try to imagine what would happen...
Azuras
post Oct 9 2010, 06:52 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 44 514

Explorers~

Ok, I made this just for fun: try to imagine what would happen if pokemons were real. I'm sure that at one point, when we were young and brainless, we liked to think that pokemon could be real and used to play with imaginary pikachu pets.

Now, do that again. Combine the real world with the poke-world and write your "theory" about how the life would be.
Personally, I think it wouldn't be like in the anime. Not many parents would let their children go away, or would have the money or possibility to let 'em go on such journeys at the age of 12. No, the minimum age would be 15 or something. Also, people would be different, would think in a different way, would act different.

● Every child would have to learn at school and in family that there are many strict rules he/she has to obey in order to become a trainer/breeder/coordinator, etc... .
● To become one, you need to get the approval from certain companies that deal with this problem, to pass several tests and to prove that you have the knowledge necessary to start a journey.
● Of course, students who have finished school at the required minimum age and have successfully passed all the steps [in other words: the ones who can prove with legal acts they want to be trainers/etc and start a journey] will have many facilities [some free or very low-priced pokemon items/food, etc...]. Free/low-priced one-day [or more] hotel rooms and breakfast. Cheap food purchasable from specialized markets, etc...
● Breaking any law is severly punished.
● Special police raids are organized periodically to keep the population under control [as well as other things like illegal captured pokemons, pokemon abuse, and God know what else].
● But even in this world corrpution exists: thieves, drug dealers, you know, like in the real world but generally better kept under control, and totally denied by the society.
● Advanced Techonolgy. However, things like Master Balls are forbidden, or very-very expensive.
● Many kinds of new sports are now available [poke-ringer, pokeathlon, etc...]. Also, towns and cities have special places/parks/buildings in which friend battles are legal.

● The power of the pokemons are not calculated like in the games. No levels. And a pokemon doesn't evolve only after a few weeks of training. They evolve slower, they learn slower, no pokemorphs. A Charizard can be a champion today, but if he is kept in its pokeball for the next weeks it will eventually loose its skills. Like in the real world! Pokemons can breed with other species but these cases are rare. And Rapidashes aren't mating with Spindas. No skity on wailord action. Anywey, if a Houndoom happens to mate with a Mightyena, then the cubs will look like the mother.
● With pokemons around, there won't be so much pollution. Mostly, they would produce energy for their trainers. Also, pokemons are not brainless animals: flock of birds, packs of Mightienas and such could organize themselves in order to protect on of their comrades if it gets beaten up or captured.
● Pokemons can dye.

Now show us your ideas! teehee.gif
*Also, sorry if I made gramatical mistakes! I'm still learning english*

This post has been edited by Azuras: Oct 9 2010, 06:57 AM

--------------------

Cure for boredom (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Oct 9 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Heh.

I've never actually thought about this.

But I agree parents wouldn't let kids out on their own... well unless they were with their friends or something. I know I would awesome.gif

Heh... if it was real I would totally go and catch myself a Growlithe >.>
And a Feebas and make it beautiful... so I could compete in Contest Battles. I'd actually prefer to do that than battle regularly... although it would be fun to battle, I think I'd prefer being a Co-Ordinator cat.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post Oct 9 2010, 07:02 AM
Post #3

breathe
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

All hell would break loose.

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

Beauty Shannon
post Oct 9 2010, 10:55 AM
Post #4

Perfection is nine tails and red eyes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 729

Mascara Massacre.

Oh God. I thought I was the only one who ever thought abut Pokemon being real. o_o
But if you think about it, a lot of people would be dying. Mainly children. Unless you teach them not to go mess with a wild Pokemon. I mean it's not like children in the real world go messing with say wolves or tigers. The Pokemon would be more abundant than just tigers or wolves though so there's more of a chance that someone would get fatally injured by an angry one. It never happens in the anime but come on.

Pikachu is said to store 75k volts. Seventy five thousand volts of electricity being released into your body. A standard oven range releases 220 volts. One shock from an oven range kills a man instantly.....and all those times Ash was shocked by Pikachu he wasn't even hurt. o_o Of course the Pikachu may have not meant to hurt him THAT badly, but in the beginning when he hated Ash you'd think he would have....

And with Ninetales as well, they lie a thousand year curse on anyone who touches it's tails. Now I'm assuming that this excludes the trainer...because I'm sure every owner of a Ninetales would be extremely cursed. And besides if Ninetales were real I'd sure as hell be nom nomming on all those big fluffy tails.

Just saying that if they were real it probably wouldn't be a good idea lol. Unless they were a lot less powerful than they are in the media.

--------------------
ascaraassacre

Lanore |Volcom | Frightmare | Loki | Helsing | Sionna

+Quote Post

Azuras
post Oct 9 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 514

Explorers~

QUOTE(Miss Florida @ Oct 9 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Just saying that if they were real it probably wouldn't be a good idea lol. Unless they were a lot less powerful than they are in the media.

I agree awesome.gif So lets say the electricity/fire/water/etc produced by pokemons is different [chemically different xD] than those produced naturally [fire from lighting, rain, etc...] and less powerfull/intense. Or at least, it would be better to say that the pokedex informations 'bout pokemons we have can't be compared to a real-life situation 'cuz the info's were created for the game. And the attacks wouldn't have the same intesity when fired at a human being because humans... well, i don't know... because humans are humans not pokemons with weaknesses to elements or such... and humans would have special clothes/equipment that could protect 'em from the attacks.

Oh, well, when you think like that, its just pointless to discuss such things, even tho' it's funny, but these can come in handy when you want to write a more realistic-sounding fiction or to help someone regain the sense of reality! Nowdays I see, many people chose to belive they live in a world ruled by vampires... but anywey, this is not to be discussed here!

So, in conclusion, I would not want Pokemon to be real. Because of the same reason FrenzyClinic already stated out. Buuuut, does anyone have more ideas of how such a world would work? teehee.gif

*Yelling at Leparudasu and hoping that he isn't scratching my sofa again*

--------------------

Cure for boredom (click to show)

+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Oct 9 2010, 12:08 PM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

Yeah,I think to would be cool but if parents could let their children travel at the age of 12 or something then I would definatlly travel with me friends!!

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Oct 9 2010, 05:06 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

BOOM. There goes Earth. Think about it. Warfare would DRASTICALLY change. People throwing Voltorbs/Electrodes at eachother using Explosion, Fire types as Flamethrowers, Grass types control the ENTIRE environment, Dragons would be almost unstoppable, and ice types would give people frostbite.

Fun fun fun. People wouldn't let their children go until about 16, extreme laws would be passed, and it wouldn't be as happy as people think it would be. Weather could go out of wack to. Legendarys... Good Lord.
+Quote Post

Absoleevee
post Oct 9 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 619

P.A.N.E +Sewaddle

Yeah, but in the pokemon world, have you seen any wars? I know that still doesn't mean they can't happen, but pokemon have a mind of their own and they won't just let people throw them around in wars.
Also, My theory is that pokemon attacks don't work very well on humans. Pikachu's thunder can knock alot of pokemon out in battle, but not Ash. The same with Brock's croagunk.

I still think having pokemon real would be cool.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Oct 9 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Watch the entrance to the Lucario Movie. There's a war going on then. wink.gif
+Quote Post

icebladeabra
post Oct 10 2010, 01:39 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 113 019

Active Squad

also, if you think thats bad, you'd find out ALOT more if you looked around the internet 0_0 some things cannot be unseen

--------------------

best pokemon ever
+Quote Post

sodemonical
post Oct 16 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 472

Active Squad

If Pokemon were real, all hell would break loose.
Have you noticed how much illegal activity is in the game itself, now that you think of it.

--------------------

For my party.
+Quote Post

wyz
post Oct 17 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 269

Active Squad

Life would be really hard and bad guys would start sprouting like weeds with machine guns and fire breathing Pokemon.

--------------------

___
+Quote Post

Rash
post Oct 19 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 586

My awesome team!

In an idealistic and perfect world, real Pokemon would be AWESOME since you get to go on an epic adventure, form bonds with your Pokemon, win battles with strategy and teamwork, have an absolutely awesome experience etc. But those who have read Pokemon Special know the dangers of 'real' Pokemon.

Pokemon Special Ruby/Sapphire chapter Spoilers (click to show)

This post has been edited by Rash: Oct 19 2010, 07:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Oct 19 2010, 08:06 AM
Post #14

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

If pokemon were real they'd be covered by all animal organisations and catching them would be illegal because cramming them into tiny balls and forcing them to fight each other would be against the law. :\ So really, there wouldn't even BE any pokemon trainers.

But I'm sure they'd be great pets as long as you befriend them first. Personally, I'd love to have a pet Persian~

--------------------
+Quote Post

ElectricRat
post Oct 19 2010, 02:35 PM
Post #15

Volt Tackle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 914

My Soul Silver Team

Why I wish Pokemon were real
  • As soon as you got the badge you needed (if you even NEEDED a badge), you wouldn't need a car anymore and neither would anyone else really. Less people on the road means less traffic accidents and less pollution.
  • Yardwork would be a lot easier if you had a buddy that knew Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, etc working alongside you
  • It seems that Poke balls can contain items as well via the same minimization process. That would help with the clutter
Why I'm glad Pokemon aren't real
  • Forget nukes; we'd be going after beings that can manipulate time, space, the element, you name it. Before long our world would be become a mess of alien geometries, time loops, etc
  • As for my comment about Pokemon transportation... well... since so many Pokemon of different sizes are being commanded to use FLY... let's be honest: birds have nature call while in the air from time to time and the same would be true for those Pokemon.
  • Picture a Steelix with separation anxiety. Let's just say the owner of that Steelix would have to pay a lot of money for damages.
There are probably others for both lists but I can't think of them right now. However, I do know that it would be a bad idea to let anyone under 16 or even 18 to be unsupervised with an animal being used to catch other animals of all kinds. I mean we've all seen this: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=282

This post has been edited by ElectricRat: Oct 19 2010, 04:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Liraxus
post Oct 19 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #16

Some secret agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 600

need gen 6 party

QUOTE(FrenzyClinic @ Oct 9 2010, 09:02 AM) *

This.
+Quote Post

zzz
post Oct 20 2010, 12:32 AM
Post #17

Shh, no tears. Only dreams now.
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 649

I'm cooler than you.

QUOTE(FrenzyClinic @ Oct 9 2010, 07:02 AM) *

Exactly

--------------------
I'm special! (click to show)

Katy hates me.
What a bitch.
Ms. Bitch to me.

Jesus loves you!
But the rest of us think you're an asshole.

DAE nope spiders
+Quote Post

Silvair
post Oct 20 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #18

yikes
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 068

Active Squad

QUOTE(sodemonical @ Oct 16 2010, 01:34 PM) *
all hell would break loose.

THIS.

QUOTE(Rash @ Oct 19 2010, 06:56 AM) *
In an idealistic and perfect world, real Pokemon would be AWESOME since you get to go on an epic adventure, form bonds with your Pokemon, win battles with strategy and teamwork, have an absolutely awesome experience etc. But those who have read Pokemon Special know the dangers of 'real' Pokemon.

Pokemon Special Ruby/Sapphire chapter Spoilers (click to show)

THIS TOO.

--------------------

rargarblgarbl
+Quote Post

daniff
post Oct 29 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #19

not really a dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 244

Active Squad

we would die?

noes.gif big strong powerful pokemon like bidoof, wurmple or even god forbid you ever run into a dreaded clefariy...
iam seroius noes.gif thoses things jump out of the grass and attack you O_O

--------------------
plz click my little girls

and yes the pink one is shiny grin.gif crazy.gif
and yes i did just realise it was shiny
and no i haven't only just got it
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.