Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you believe aliens exist?, For serious!
Drifty
post Feb 12 2010, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 405

I wish. xD

So, do you or do you not believe that aliens exist?

Personally, I have an open mind about it. As one of the books I'm reading for class puts it, "Even until the second decade of the twentieth century, it was thought that the Milky Way galaxy was synonymous with the universe. This alone would be awesome in its scope, since out spiral galaxy contains more than 200,000,000,000 stars and extends to a diameter of 100,000 light years (remember that a light second is more than 186,000 miles; the 93,000,000 miles between the sun and the earth is 8 light minutes). But more recent developments in astronomy have revealed that our galaxy is a member of a local cluster of about 20 galaxies and that this local cluster is but one member of a massive supercluster of thousands of galaxies. So many of these superclusters are known to exist that the number of galaxies is estimated at more than 100,000,000,000" (Conformed to His Image, Kenneth Boa)

So yeah. In my mind it's extremely unlikely that aliens don't exist, and if they don't it can be only attributed to God's existence - He may have chosen to only worry about us for now (No offense to those who aren't Christians, that's just my assessment of the possibilities). So yeah, know I'm just curious to know everyone else's point of view, especially given the information in the quote above. So... comments?

--------------------

staravia.gif :egg: piplup.gif
I click full parties regardless of the number of clicks I've received!
I would appreciate some full party clicks - but either way thanks to anyone who clicks!

Daycare:
zangoose.gif & bidoof.gif
100 eggs produced
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gati
post Feb 12 2010, 02:28 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

QUOTE(Drifty @ Feb 11 2010, 11:15 PM) *
if they don't it can be only attributed to God's existence - He may have chosen to only worry about us for now
confused.gif

Anyway, I do strongly believe that other lifeforms exist in other planets and I even believe that it's even stupid to say that we here on Earth are the only ones in the universe.

However, I am not convinced and I don't think that extraterrestrials have visited Earth in the past nor today.

This post has been edited by Gati: Feb 12 2010, 02:29 AM

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Feb 12 2010, 02:35 AM
Post #3

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Constructing a vast universe for the sake of one planet is like building a mansion for the sole purpose of housing a single prokaryotic cell.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Drifty
post Feb 12 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 405

I wish. xD

QUOTE(Reyo @ Feb 12 2010, 02:35 AM) *
Constructing a vast universe for the sake of one planet is like building a mansion for the sole purpose of housing a single prokaryotic cell.

xD True! Good point. That's actually a really good analogy.

--------------------

staravia.gif :egg: piplup.gif
I click full parties regardless of the number of clicks I've received!
I would appreciate some full party clicks - but either way thanks to anyone who clicks!

Daycare:
zangoose.gif & bidoof.gif
100 eggs produced
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Feb 12 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 299

Active Squad

Aliens do exist. They tend to congregate at Home Depot.

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Feb 12 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Swordsalmon @ Feb 12 2010, 03:57 AM) *
Aliens do exist. They tend to congregate at Home Depot.

The man has a point. Just the other day, I had one tending my flower garden.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

king leo
post Feb 13 2010, 06:30 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 32 323

Active Squad

yes i do
+Quote Post

shou75
post Feb 13 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #8

Chillin Like a Villain
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 630

Burning clouds

We call em aliens when they come from another country and over to ours.

It all depends on what you would consider an alien really.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Blemmigan
post Feb 13 2010, 06:27 PM
Post #9

Forum Idiot
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 904

aww yee

to be honest I think it's more odd to assume that life only happened on one planet than it is to assume that life has occurred elsewhere.
So.. yes. I do believe that aliens exist. Though i'm not convinced that there are any which are close enough and "advanced" enough to visit earth. Er.. thinking about distances and maximum speeds. Though hey, what do I know about how alien species would experience consciousness and therefore be affected by the time spent travelling or.. I have no idea what i'm talking about. What am i talking about?

So.. er.. yes. I do think that there is life elsewhere in the universe.. maybe not intelligent, carbon-based, whatever.. thinking of growing, feeding, reproducing life.. I think that must exist elsewhere.
But i'm not sure that they would travel millions and millions of miles to.. i dunno, freak out people in tin foil hats. Though that does sound tempting.

--------------------

put a peephole in my brain
two new pence to have a go
like to be a gallery
put you all inside my show
+Quote Post

Novan
post Feb 14 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 84 407

Active Squad

YES I DO
MAY be Avanta
+Quote Post

Lord of the Fly ...
post Feb 14 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #11

Time to rip off some faces
Group Icon

Member No.: 42 375

Dont Underestimate...

I could either way.

1.) Life on Earth is technically just a very rare occurence. The Earth has the perfect atmosphere and is the perfect distant away from the Sun to ensure life. If one thing was askew then we wouldnt be here.

2.)There are some things that are very difficult to explain, such as Bermuda Triangle and such. The goverment (US) also did quite a fine job covering up the rockwell incident....

--------------------
Just kidding is just hurting<----Put this in your sig if u want to stop bullying

CLICKY CLICKY

CLICKY CLICKY

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS BLUE SLIME

Gligar Images (click to show)

MY CLAIMS?! (click to show)

My Fakemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Feb 14 2010, 03:28 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Lord of the Fly Scorpions @ Feb 14 2010, 04:04 AM) *
1.) Life on Earth is technically just a very rare occurence. The Earth has the perfect atmosphere and is the perfect distant away from the Sun to ensure life. If one thing was askew then we wouldnt be here.

I used to think that way. Then I started thinking about how the universe is vast and that there are millions of stars and galazies with millions of planets in them and yeah...

...the blind guy's gotta hit the side of that barn sometime.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Metal Nate
post Feb 14 2010, 11:49 AM
Post #13

Bringing the PANE
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 763

Nate Redwood - Team

I think that somewhere, since the universe could be never ending. more life has to be out there. Though they could be intelligent, I myself believe that they are probably more animal like than human-like. Who knows, maybe some of the animals could be good at adapting and soon become as intelligent as humans.

--------------------

Tyranigron shall guide you to my constantly updated GPXPlus Party

Nate Redwood - PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

pokemonpuzzlelea...
post Feb 14 2010, 11:54 AM
Post #14

i liek pie
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 070

Active Squad

YES I DO!
They don't have to be little green men from Mars. They could be big purple men from Jupiter.
WAIT! Because they found life (aka aliens) on Pluto thats why they don't call it a planet anymore! HAHAHAH!

--------------------

regular signature (click to show)

+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Feb 14 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #15

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

aliens are definitly real, the universe goes forever so theres got to be at least 1 other planet (or moon or other thing) that has life, proof: look at us

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

Steelsentry
post Feb 14 2010, 06:19 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 349

Active Squad

if you think about odds as well as planets that have yet to be discovered the odds that ours is the only one inhabited by sentient life is extremely slim

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kiraiko
post Feb 15 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 587

Active Squad

i firmly believe that there's other life out there.

out of all the planets and solar systems and galaxies, the chances of us being the only life is pretty much impossible. personally after reading about some of nasa's findings and a few other articles, i think we are on the verge of finding other life. i just hope i'm alive when we do, that would be so amazing.

let's just hope they don't decide to take our planet or something *prays for ET aliens, not Independence Day aliens*

--------------------

But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again

Mumford and Sons "The Cave"
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Feb 15 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Kiraiko @ Feb 15 2010, 02:48 PM) *
i firmly believe that there's other life out there.

out of all the planets and solar systems and galaxies, the chances of us being the only life is pretty much impossible. personally after reading about some of nasa's findings and a few other articles, i think we are on the verge of finding other life. i just hope i'm alive when we do, that would be so amazing.

let's just hope they don't decide to take our planet or something *prays for ET aliens, not Independence Day aliens*

My guess is the only reason we haven't seen any Independence Day aliens is they've all seen Independence Day, and are now waiting for Will Smith to die before starting the invasion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Movie Theater
post Feb 15 2010, 02:52 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 573

Active Squad

Finally, my kind of topic!!!!!
Err-hem...
I believe aliens exist and have visited Earth before. The reason they don't visit us again now is because they are afraid of us with all our big fancy weapons. Some religions may have sprung up from ancient alien visits. If you don't agree with me, go to the science channel and watch ancient aliens. I am only 11, but am very educated. smugnod.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Unskilled78
post Feb 16 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #20

Cynical Old Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 990

Active Squad

It would be logical to assume that life exists elsewhere in the infinite reaches of space.

--------------------
Please forgive spelling errors. It's always 3 AM somewhere.

Yes, I did just post to get Pokemon views. What of it?
Unskilled78: a proud breeder of the rare Dracowymsy.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.