Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Parental Dogma
jayrachi
post Feb 11 2013, 11:21 PM
Post #1

Janitor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133 427

wat

So recently I've been seeing things like this and it jut fascinates me to no end how a parent can so readily say that they get to be their kid's worst nightmare because they love them. Because to me, that sounds like someone saying "I get to treat you like shit because I love you and that's how love works"

Except that's not how love works and it perplexes me how a parent could have such a terrible idea of how a functioning relationship works.

Why do you all suppose parents feel so entitled to ownership over another person despite the only qualification for having a child is also having functioning genitalia?

This post has been edited by Mister Blah: Feb 11 2013, 11:22 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
KatjadieTediz
post Nov 29 2013, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 211 336

Awww yeah

This is such a frightening trend, especially online.

Yeah, I know. "OH AURA! But your parents treat you nicely! Sure, they aren't perfect, but they're tolerant and loving and
kind to you the vast majority of the time!"
Well, look buddy, I have friends.

Friends who are around my age.
Friends whose parents call them names, threaten them, hit them, try to ban them
from their Internet comforts when they find out that most people think their actions
are wrong, and just flat out abuse them.

It's a very important thing to remember that just because there aren't any bruises involved doesn't mean it is not abuse.
My best friend is smart, funny, talented and generally a very nice guy. His parents don't seem to see it that way.
They verbally abuse him almost daily, do not let him be independent(he can't even go to the bathroom or get ice in a hotel without his mom following him), make fun of his hobbies. His father used to be physically violent until he grew up enough to defend himself. CPS was called once, his parents forced him to lie to stay out of trouble.
They did not go to one of their assigned therapist meetings. (or maybe just one, this was some years ago.)
He has attempted suicide more than once, one time it was me who saved him and no one else stepped up.
He literally has no self esteem. He refuses to listen if you tell him his situation is unhealthy, or if you even compliment him.

He needs psychological help. It's obvious to me and other friends of his that something has to be done.

But he won't listen...uses money as an excuse. It's too expensive, he says. But all we ask if that a school counselor get involved.

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to rant. But this is frightening to me. That parents think it's okay to do this to their own children? Unthinkable.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:04 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.