Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemorphs: The Invasion (ONE Sign-Up OPEN/Discussion), Animorphs meets Pokemon, details inside. . . .
Queen of Ice
post May 19 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 787

Servants.

Well, here it is, the RP that I promised I would start. Hope it gets popular, I really want to RP this.

Hello potential players~

This is an RP that will effectively merge Animorphs canon with a pokemon universe. It will work as follows: You play a human character that will be given the power to morph into whatever pokemon he touches and acquires. There is only one downside. If you remain in a morph for longer than two hours, you are stuck. Forever.

You will use this power--morphing--to fight against an alien invasion by creatures called Yeerks. They are parasitic creatures and intend to enslave the entire human population of Earth. They burrow through a person's ear canal and take control of the brain, taking control of the person's body completely. The human becomes what is called a controller.

Once they accomplish this--the goal of enslaving the human race--all other life forms (ones that serve no purpose, that is) will be extinguished. It is your job to save the world. Good luck, you'll need it.

The pokemon world will be different than the one we know from the games and anime. The world is like Earth. Pokemon are wild animals that live in nature, zoos, or in captivities as pets. Cat, dog, and bird pokemon, for instance, would be common pets. Pokeballs do not exist, nor do pokemon gyms. It is Earth, but poke-fied, basically.

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: (first name ONLY)
Sex: (male or female)
Orientation: (straight, gay, bi)
Personality: (try to be realistic, no problematic characters)
History:
Appearance:
Favorite Morph:
Favorite Battle Morph:
Favorite Flight Morph:
Least Favorite Morph:

Other:
Have you read the books?
Do you prefer to write in first person or third person?

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: Jul 19 2009, 07:32 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 19 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 831

Roleplay Party

I would like to join. I love Animorphs!

Name: Orrec

Sex: Male

Orientation: Bisexual

Personality: Orrec's personality is simple; he's a complete goofball. He's not very smart, but he has his moments; the only time he can take things seriously is in a fight. As a diplomat, however, he tries to avoid such things. Very social, he just wants to make others happy. He feels most at home among crowds of people.

History: The youngest in a family of six brothers, Orrec's parents were pretty much worn out by the time he turned fourteen. As long as he got home by his curfew and didn't get arrested, they were pretty open to him doing just about anything. His family is very close, even after his brothers moved out; pretty much a normal, happy life. Average grades through school, never got into any trouble, the norm. No tragic past here.

Appearance: Dark brown hair and green eyes, 6'3", pale complexion, slim but not muscular in the least.

Favorite Morph: Seviper.
Favorite Battle Morph: Sableye.
Favorite Flight Morph: Drifloon.
Least Favorite Morph: Pikachu.

Other:
Have you read the books?

I have read all of the books.

Do you prefer to write in first person or third person?

Third person, usually; but if its Animorphs, I may write in first person. It depends on the mood when I first start out.

His Voice: It's kind of embarrassing, but it matched the voice I had in my head for Orrec. ^^; But no, he's no child of a God. xD Can I get a w00t from Disney lovers?

This post has been edited by Stormy Raine: May 20 2009, 07:33 PM

--------------------
GTS+ Groups (click to show)
>>> <<<
Others. Please Click/Feed! <3 (click to show)
+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 19 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #3

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

Please, by all means, take your time with the sign up cat.gif The RP likely won't start until Saturday at the earliest, so there's plenty of time. The only thing I'm iffy about is the 'pansexual' thing. I don't really like the terminology of it, and to me, it's equatable to bisexuality. Yes, I'm aware of what people claim the differences are, but I just don't see them.

Nice choice of battle morph; Sableye is <3

Glad to see your interest, and yay for having read all the books. I'm not quite there yet, lol, but I've been reading them between homework and school. I'm up to 36 now cat.gif

Also, if people are torn between the narratives, should it be up to the player how to write it? I don't wanna force anyone into anything, and personally I've become accustomed to first person from the other Animorphs RP I'm in cat.gif

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 19 2009, 10:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Airdra
post May 19 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #4

Firestorm! <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 366

My Team

Name: Sophie
Sex: Female
Orientation: Straight
Personality: If Sophie's personality were to be summed up in one word, that word would be "enthusiastic." She's idealistic and full of optimism, and she doesn't back down from a fight easily if she believes she's in the right.

History: Sophie has had a fairly normal, happy life. She is the youngest of three children; her two older brothers, Charlie and Robert, have already gone off to college. Her parents are rather proud of her brothers; Charlie is going into aerospace engineering and Robert is in medical school. Sophie feels she has a lot to live up to, but at the same time, she'd rather have fun. She's an avid science fiction and fantasy fan, and she spends far, far too much time with her nose buried in comic books. (If this universe has pop culture similar to our own, her favorite superhero is the Flash.)

Appearance: Sophie stands at 5’6” and weighs approximately 120 pounds. She has short black hair, green eyes, and wears black plastic-rimmed square-frame glasses. She usually wears jeans, well-worn sneakers, and a red hoodie with the Flash logo.

Favorite Morph: Rapidash
Favorite Battle Morph: Luxray
Favorite Flight Morph: Fearow
Least Favorite Morph: Jumpluff

Have you read the books? Yes. I own and have read them all many, many times.
Do you prefer to write in first person or third person? No strong preference, but for an Animorphs RP, I'd prefer to go first person.

Voice Song: Freezepop - "Brainpower"

This post has been edited by Airdra: May 21 2009, 06:03 PM

--------------------

I return clicks as soon as possible! mew.gif
+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post May 19 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #5

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 333

Ice Pokemon are Win

Well, this looks interesting enough. I’ll probably join some time tomorrow, maybe… But I haven’t touched any animorphs books for about 5 years. It’s kinda sad, really. I was totally addicted when I was younger, started reading Redwall and Brian Jacques, and never touched Animorphs again.

Still, the plotline is interesting, and I always did like Animorphs. I guess that if I join, I’ll be the noobie idiot that doesn’t know anything about the books… >_>;;;

I'll just edit this post when I get time...

--------------------
i daresay, this empty signature is strikingly attractive.

+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 19 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #6

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

Name: Ferren

Sex: Male

Orientation: Gay

Personality: Serious and slightly sarcastic. He doesn't trust many people, and he doesn't spend too much time around them either, but he isn't opposed to socializing completely. He is more at home amongst nature and feels the most comfortable when staring up at the open skies.

History: His father killed his best friend when he was ten years old. The man was put into jail for life, and Ferren lives at home in a secluded neighborhood with his mother.

Appearance: Around 5'5" and average weight. He tends to wear a dark blue sweatshirt with a star and half crescent moon on the front. His pants are simple black carpenter jeans. His eyes are blue and his hair is black, straight, and reaches mid-back length.

Favorite Morph: Staraptor
Favorite Battle Morph: Gliscor
Favorite Flight Morph: Swellow
Least Favorite Morph: Happiny

Have you read the books? I've read 35 plus Hork-Bajir chronicles, Andalite chronicles, and Visser (<3)
Do you prefer to write in first person or third person? I would prefer first person for an Animorphs RP.

@Muku: Don't worry about it. Knowledge of the books is useful, but totally not necessary. You'll learn all you need to know as you go along in the RP. Besides, more limited knowledge means you learn with your character, which should be interesting cat.gif

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 19 2009, 11:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 19 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Roleplay Party

The only thing I'm iffy about is the 'pansexual' thing. I don't really like the terminology of it, and to me, it's equatable to bisexuality. Yes, I'm aware of what people claim the differences are, but I just don't see them.

Alright then, you can see him as bisexual but I am still keeping him as pansexual if you don't mind, because that is what he is. I don't really plan on hooking up with anyone anyway- I'm not really into pairing characters up unless I'm friends with the OC's creator in real life.

--------------------
>>> <<<
+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 19 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #8

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

unless I'm friends with the OC's creator in real life.

Ouch, that's a huge RP "cliche" sad.gif (cliche of course being used loosely; I just see the trend a lot)

Personally I'd really, really prefer you to change it. I put those three things in the sign ups, and generally it's commonplace and respectful NOT to choose an option that wasn't specifically provided by the RP leader. Basically it's the principle of you choosing an option that wasn't listed that I'm a bit annoyed with, not that you want your character to be that way. So yes, please change it. If you have an issue because of the character, choose a different character. I want one of those three sexualities, not one that I didn't request, and it shouldn't be me bending my thinking to the player but the other way around. If you don't like it, just change it to bisexual and 'you' think of it as Pansexual. Again, this is mostly just a whole principal-of-the-matter-thing, I'm not actually all that mad. Thanks~ and hope you understand.

EDIT: And every time I edit this post that paragraph got bigger @_@. It's late and I'm getting talkative as my tired-ness increases. <.<

Hmm. So what sort of things do you guys want to see in the RP? Do you want to follow the books, or deviate? Want to have someone become a nothlit? (this is only if we get enough players) What about an alien? *laughs at the alien character she plays in the other Animorphs RP :P*

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 19 2009, 11:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post May 19 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #9

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

I tried to write out a decent male character just now. Really, I did. And, to put it bluntly, I started hating him more and more the further I got with the application. By the time I got to the 'Appearance' section, I was pretty much willing to murder the poor page of pixels in cold blood. THIS is why I don't make male characters. I can't exactly RP as someone I hate... Well, yes I can, but it just makes me grouchy and easily angered. And then I tend to god-mod, creating invincible jerks that everyone hates... >_>;;;

I'll just start over and make a girl like I normally do... Oh, this is a big blow to my self-esteem. I thought I was past my OMGBOYSHAVECOOTIESINOWANNAWRITETHEM stage...

This post has been edited by Mukumuku: May 19 2009, 11:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 19 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #10

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

Aww lol. Don't worry about it, XD. At this point, a second female will balance out the roster! Think of it that way lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post May 20 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #11

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

Name: Meorki
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bi

Personality: Meorki is bold and outspoken, and always makes her opinions heard. Despite her small size, she is deceptively strong and wily. Meorki will let no one hold her back, and therefore tends to distance herself from others. Secretly, she is very lonely, but won’t let anyone get close enough to hurt her. Meorki can be very cold, calculating, and logical, though normally she is rather wild and a tad crazy.

History: Meorki lives with her mother. She was the result of date rape, and never met her father, a supposed womanizing scoundrel. Her mother had her at the tender age of 16, a year younger than she is now. As a result, she treats her mother more like an older sister. They have a friendly relationship, but do not feel true responsibility towards each other. Meorki’s mother works as a fashion designer, and is often out of town, so Meorki essentially lives alone.

Appearance: Meorki is rather short and thin, about 5’3” in height and weighing less than 100 pounds. She has long, fiery red-gold hair and icy blue eyes. Meorki normally wears well-fitting jeans and a generic white and red Hollister sweater.

Favorite Morph: Ninetales
Favorite Battle Morph: Scizor
Favorite Flight Morph: Skarmory
Least Favorite Morph: Oddish

Other:
Have you read the books? Yes, 5 years ago. I don’t remember much of the plot, other than the fact that there were blue centaur alien things and little slugs that ate your brains.

Do you prefer to write in first person or third person? Third person. Makes me feel omniscient, reading people’s thoughts and all.

I got it done already! I'm so proud of myself. I'm not quite sure what her favorite battle morph will be yet... I'm thinking Scizor or Blaziken now, any ideas?

This post has been edited by Mukumuku: May 20 2009, 06:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 20 2009, 05:07 AM
Post #12

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

Scizor might be good, only because of it's shell, which would be good protection in battle. That's why I chose Gliscor.

Also, please, if it's not too much to ask, can you revise your history? I've already got a tragic past with my character father, and I think it's kind of overkill to have two crazy fathers in one RP. Can you maybe make your mother the evil one? (Then she could be a controller, hehehe) That's not nearly as common as a mean daddy. So, the whole date rape thing can occur, but maybe have them get together for the baby, have the father own up to his mistake, be remorseful, then have the mom go all psycho and leave XP

Okay, so just for clarification, these people are accepted:
Icedevimon
Pozhar

I just need these people to edit for the instances I mentioned:
Mukumuku
Stormy Raine
And then you guys will be in too.

I could also use answers to the various questions that I've asked throughout my posts ^^;

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 20 2009, 06:19 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Marquis de Lafay...
post May 20 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #13

Tsktsk! Stupid Denmark! C< C'mere!
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 189

SKITTY!SCOTTY&Ciaran.

Yes. <3 I'm joining, as I told you before, Ice.
I just didn't have enough attention span for it last night. Shall start it today (again).

--------------------
[align=center]
PANE Profile
Reino Mortensen.

Current RP: Nocturnal Hunt.

DeviantART || SeizeHetalia RP || Abattoir Asylum (RP) || The Amazing Picture in my Avatar
AAAAH waiting to change my name to Ciaran Olsen with a burning passion like woah on a boat
I USE ONE-EYED EMOTES. GET THE FUCK OVER IT. Thank you. .>

[spoiler=YOU GET CANDY IF YOU CLICK THIS SPOILER OPEN][/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 20 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Roleplay Party

Alright, finished the app. and changed the sexuality.

Also, if people are torn between the narratives, should it be up to the player how to write it?

I think so. Some people can't write if they can't use their own style. Personally, I'm one of those people.

So what sort of things do you guys want to see in the RP? Do you want to follow the books, or deviate? Want to have someone become a nothlit? (this is only if we get enough players) What about an alien?

What if an alien was a legendary or something? I mean, it was a thing in the old series, that Pokemon came from stars...

Personally I'd like to follow the framework of the books and the main plot, but since our characters are so different from the real characters, we'll of course have to change some things. I think we should start out following the plot to get us going and then, once we get into the story, branch out a bit., IMHO.

As for the nothlit, I'd volunteer. :P Being a nothlit would be kind of neat, just to see how to get away with being a Pokemon wherever you go. If we have a nothlit, that gives an excuse to bring in the Elemist.

Also Hork-Bajir = Scyther?

Or will Hork-Bajir still be Hork-Bajir? Will the aliens stay the same or be Pokemon based?

This post has been edited by Stormy Raine: May 20 2009, 08:31 AM

--------------------
>>> <<<
+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 20 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #15

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

The aliens are all going to stay the same--Taxxons, Leerans (sparingly, of course), Hork-Bajir, ect. The yeerks might be able to infest some pokemon like Scyther, but those sort of 'dangerous' pokemon are going to be very rare and near extinct, sort of like tigers and such.

Oh no, two people willing to go nothlit! Maybe we'd have to do a coin toss oh.gif Though I'll be honest, I'm not much of a fan of the Ellimist XP

I'm leaning toward following the frame work of the books as well too. It's worked well with the other Animorphs RP, so I'll stick with that.

I'm not opposed to using a pokemon as an alien character (though having a silly Andalite around would be more amusing :P) but we'd need someone good enough to play it. Hrm, we'll see as time goes on cat.gif

Also, yikes, six brothers! XD

@Pozhar (so weird to call you that lol) what do you think of bringing in our characters from the other RP as guest appearances? XD They wouldn't be morphers or anything, just background characters and such, like in classes. I think it would be fun :P

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 20 2009, 08:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 20 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Roleplay Party

I've got to admit, it's very hard to choose a favourite morph. I've changed it three times already, but after watching Pokemon this morning I've decided on Seviper. I've already got two Ghost types, and the other choices were Ghost types as well. xD So I went with Poison type.

I'm not opposed to using a pokemon as an alien character (though having a silly Andalite around would be more amusing :P) but we'd need someone good enough to play it. Hrm, we'll see as time goes on cat.gif

It would prob. be best if, the person who wanted to roleplay an Andalite had read the Andalite Chronicles before. What do you think?

Oh no, two people willing to go nothlit! Maybe we'd have to do a coin toss oh.gif Though I'll be honest, I'm not much of a fan of the Ellimist XP

Nah, I'll give up the nothlit position.

If we're going to follow the books, who gets to be the lucky Yeerk victim for book six? eyes.gif

--------------------
>>> <<<
+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 20 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #17

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

I've got to admit, it's very hard to choose a favourite morph. I've changed it three times already, but after watching Pokemon this morning I've decided on Seviper. I've already got two Ghost types, and the other choices were Ghost types as well. xD So I went with Poison type.

lol, I hear ya. It was fairly easy to me, because I've used this character before, and I know him well. But if I had a new character I'd probably be stumped.

It would prob. be best if, the person who wanted to roleplay an Andalite had read the Andalite Chronicles before. What do you think?

Yeah, I think it would definitely help.

If we're going to follow the books, who gets to be the lucky Yeerk victim for book six? eyes.gif

*twitches* Er. Um. I'll do it if no one else wants to XD I love the Yeerks, they are actually my favorite characters, lol, and my character from the other RP is actually a voluntary 'controller'. Long story. So yeah, it might be fun to write that from the point of view of someone who isn't sympathetic to the cute little things cat.gif (Ferren is like Jake in that sense, he's going to hate them)

If someone else 'really' wants to do it I'll hand it over, lol. I'm just an obsessed fan. :P

This post has been edited by Icedevimon: May 20 2009, 09:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 20 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Roleplay Party

*twitches* Er. Um. I'll do it if no one else wants to XD I love the Yeerks, they are actually my favorite characters, lol, and my character from the other RP is actually a voluntary 'controller'. Long story. So yeah, it might be fun to write that from the point of view of someone who isn't sympathetic to the cute little things cat.gif (Ferren is like Jake in that sense, he's going to hate them)

If someone else 'really' wants to do it I'll hand it over, lol. I'm just an obsessed fan. :P

We can really have two controllers, if you count Cassie as the Yeerk sympathizer in...gosh, I can't remember the book number, but the one where she gets lost in the woods with a controller...

Orrec is leaning more towards the Yeerk sympathizer side. If no one else wants to, I'd take that chance. Writing from a controller's point of view is always fun.

--------------------
>>> <<<
+Quote Post

Queen of Ice
post May 20 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #19

Queen of Darkness
Group Icon

Servants.

That would be book 19, with Karen and Aftran. Sure, I could give that one to you happy.gif (assuming we get that far XP Unless we go out of order).

And yes. Yes it is. It soooooo is.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stormy Raine
post May 20 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Roleplay Party

That would be book 19, with Karen and Aftran. Sure, I could give that one to you happy.gif (assuming we get that far XP Unless we go out of order).

And yes. Yes it is. It soooooo is.

That could be our challenge for ourselves, to get through all the books and maybe even go beyond that.

--------------------
>>> <<<
+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:25 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.