Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[D/P/Pt] Scizor, Return of The Geoffrey
Geoffrey
post Jan 3 2009, 03:16 AM
Post #1

The return of the Silver Knight
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 230

HG Team

Scizor
Pokedex #: 212
Type: Bug/Steel
Evolution line: scyther.gif (Trade with Metal coat attached) -> scizor.gif

Bases stats:
HP: 70
Atk: 130
Def: 100
SpA: 55
SpD: 80
Spe: 65

Total Base stats: 500
Tier: Overused (OU)

Strengths: Rock, Ice, Psychic, Dark, Grass
Weaknesses: Fire
No effect against: None
Resists: Grass, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Ice, Normal
Immune to: Poison

Ability: Technician: Moves with 60 or lower base attack do 50% more damage.
Swarm: Bug type moves do 50% more damage when HP is 1/3 or under.

Movesets:

1. Sword Dance

Scizor@ Life Orb/Leftovers/Liechi Berry
Adamant
Technician
32 Hp / 252 Atk / 224 Spe

Bullet Punch
Brick Break/Super Power
X-Scissor/Quick Attack
Swords Dance

In Diamond and Pearl, Scizor was a fearsome sweeper with only Quick Attack. Now in Platinum, it gains Bullet Punch. A physical, STAB, always first strike, technician affected move that will devastate almost anything in it's way. Quick Attack is for the likes of Zapdos, Gyarados, Charizard and others that can resist Brick Break and X-Scissor. If you feel like you want a bit more speed, and Life Orb isn't your choice, you can dump all the Hp EV's into it's speed.

2. Choice Band
Scizor@ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
Technician
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp

Bullet Punch
Pursuit/Night Slash
U-Turn/X-Scissor
Brick Break/SuperPower

Anything with 130 base attack deserves a Choice Band set. Really, not much to say. Choose the moves to your liking, either slot choice can work.

3. Choice Scarf
Scizor@ Choice Scarf
Jolly/Adamant
Techician
252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 Hp

Iron Head/Bullet Punch
U-Turn/X-Scissor
Brick Break
Pursuit

Choice Band isn't the only Choice item Scizor can use. This set is practically the same as the Band Set, but it offers a new nature. 31 IVs in speed gives him 376 while Adamant gives him 343. For once, Bullet Punch isn't required for this set, but that doesn't mean it's a bad choice.

4. Uber Passer
Scizor@ Leftovers
Impish
Techician
252 Hp/ 84 Atk / 172 Spe

Baton Pass
Swords Dance/Iron Defence/Agility
Swords Dance/Iron Defence/Agility
Roost/Bullet Punch

Due to Scizor's typing, it makes a good Passer. Along with typing, it has the three of the best passing moves, Swords Dance, Iron Defence, and Agility. With this set, you can pass on two off these moves, making a physical sweeper even more deadly, or a wall that can dish out damage, or a slow wall be able to out speed some things. For the last spot, I recommend Roost for the sheer ability to heal, although not being able to attack can be a tad annoying.

Other Options:
Night Slash can be tempting, although Pursuit is usually better. Double Hit can be a very powerful option as well, and it gets the technician boost. Metal Claw can boost atk, while offering STAB and technician boosts, but Bullet Punch is usually more reliable.

Counters:
Heatran can be a sore for Scizor, as long as it watches out for fighting type moves.

The more used walls like Gliscor and Hippowdon can stop Scizor's rampage, and Skarmory isn't exactly that easy for Scizor to face.

Final Thoughts
Scizor has been a favorite of mine since the good old days of G/S/C, and it's physical mights has only increased since. With 130 base attack, STAB and Technician powered Bullet Punch, it can tear through a ton of obstacles with the assistance of Swords Dance and Life Orb. When a Scizor comes into play, you better watch out.

This post has been edited by Geoffrey: Jan 3 2009, 02:00 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
Proud FETO Player.[/align][spoiler=Claims and Credits]
I claim: :typhlosion: :scizor:
Credits to Arkeis.com for the Captain Falcon sprite.[/spoiler]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jan 3 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #2

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

1. Roost needs to be an option on the Swords Dance set and can replace either slot 2 or 3. Just note that it's useable with all three items. Also, if Roost replaces either Brick Break or Superpower, then the EVs should be changed to 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def or SpD since speed basically becomes useless if priority attacks are your only attacking options.
Roost also allows you to defeat most Vaporeon if they do not have Haze. I'm not even sure if it learns Haze, but it seems like one that would.

2. Need more than "not much to say" on the Choice Band set. There is more you can say. Bullet Punch is really mandatory, but the rest of the moves are somewhat questionable. Pursuit is recommended over Night Slash since Scizor can cause switches, and after Technician it becomes a base 60 attack anyways. What's Night Slash, 70? U-Turn and X-Scissor are both useable, but U-Turn helps scout for counters rather than just attacking.

3. Scarf isn't really that useful. 343 or 376 speed isn't enough to outrun many of the threats in OU, so an Agility set would be a lot better. Don't remove the Scarf set though, just add this one.

Scizor @ Life Orb/Leftovers/Lieichi Berry
Technician/Swarm
Jolly
160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
-Agility
-Iron Head / Bullet Punch
-X-Scissor
-Substitute / Roost

Agility boosts its Speed to 418, just enough to outrun Heatran, which is currently the most commonly Scarfed Pokemon. 236 Speed EVs can also be used to outrun Scarfed Base 100s such as Salamence and Flygon. Just take out some EVs in HP.
Iron Head gets flinch and works well with Agility, although Bullet Punch is still an option. A combination of Swarm, Agility, Substitute, Lieichi Berry, and either Iron Head or X-Scissor can work quite well, although you really have only one chance to pull it off. Roost is also an option for healing and works with Life Orb and Leftovers.

4. First off, you should change the name to avoid confusion. If this really is going to be used for Ubers, then either X-Scissor or Pursuit is necessary to remove the dominant Darks and Psychics.
Also, Scizor really only has time to set up once, and then BP and get out of there. So, only one boosting move should be used. Roost is pretty much necessary if you want to keep passing stats, and passing a Substitute can't hurt either. So basically it should look like this:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician/Swarm
Jolly/Impish
252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Spe
-Swords Dance/Agility/Iron Defense
-Baton Pass
-Roost
-Bullet Punch/Metal Claw/X-Scissor/Substitute

Metal Claw also has a 10% chance to boost Attack, and it's a base 82.5 move that also gets STAB. X-Scissor gets Swarm, but you usually won't be wanting to get your HP to 33% in the first place.
The 172 Speed EVs are only for outspeeding Heatran after an Agility, so if you're not using Agility then the EVs can be placed elsewhere. If passing Swords Dance, then move the Speed EVs over to Attack and place the remaining 4 into Defense. If passing Iron Defense, then move the Speed EVs into Defense with the remaining 4 in Attack.

There's also the Uber set from Smogon, which is probably where you got these sets. There's a reason why they're there, though. They've been tested out by people, and they work.

Counters -
Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Overheat. Any one of those three moves will always be on a Rotom-H set.
Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave will also usually be on any other of the Rotom appliances, so those are counters as well.
Weezing has Will-O-Wisp and Flamethrower and resists both STABs and Brick Break/Superpower.
Zapdos KOs back with Heat Wave and only has to worry about Quick Attack.
Infernape KOs with Fire Blast and a SD Bullet Punch fails to KO.
Gyarados resists both STABs and has Intimidate.
Magnezone is also a common counter to Scizor, since it has Magnet Pull and resists both of Scizor's STABs.

This post has been edited by Black Ice: Jan 3 2009, 02:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Jan 3 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #3

The return of the Silver Knight
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 230

HG Team

Yeah, I sort of rushed through this last night, didn't do a great job, I know. But thank you for the advice and review, it's much appreciated. happy.gif

I'll get to editing this soon.

--------------------
[align=center]
Proud FETO Player.[/align][spoiler=Claims and Credits]
I claim: :typhlosion: :scizor:
Credits to Arkeis.com for the Captain Falcon sprite.[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

sevydude
post May 7 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #4

Altaria master
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 854

UU Team FTW!!

Actually, this thing is BL and not OU :/

--------------------
Pres Alt+F4 to make me shut up
I'm from belgium, so ofcourse i'm making typos, sorry for that happy.gif
Team Daycare

I only click back if you click my entire party

Credits to Skiyomi from SPPF for the awesome banner!
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 7 2009, 06:20 PM
Post #5

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

It's OU according to Smogon.

There's no reason why it should be BL anyways. It's a very effective offensive Pokemon that can really sweep through teams in the lategame.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 05:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.