Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokewalker and Mobile Walker
RainbowChris
post Feb 17 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 159 241

Active Squad

Sorry if I missed this in the help section etc. but I did indeed look for my answer first and was unable to find it.
Anyways...

I'm new to the site (GPXPlus) and trying to figure out how to hatch eggs when we aren't allowed to have threads and such dedicated to getting views etc. [I'm mostly acquainted with DragCave (click sites) and Magistream (click threads)]

I saw the pokewalker and mobile walker seemed to be helpful to getting some exp. for your pokes.
The thing is I guess, I can't figure out how to get something from my party into the pokewalker, it said it was the drop down options though I only saw the option to move to the mobile walker.
Also, I simply don't understand how this Mobile Walker works.

If anyone could help me out with these two issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if you have any other useful tips for a newbie to GPXPlus, they would also be very welcome.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Feb 17 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(RainbowChris @ Feb 17 2012, 02:26 PM) *
I'm new to the site (GPXPlus) and trying to figure out how to hatch eggs when we aren't allowed to have threads and such dedicated to getting views etc. [I'm mostly acquainted with DragCave (click sites) and Magistream (click threads)]

On this site, maturity is mostly gained from "clickbacks": when two people both click each other's Pokemon. If you go to the Users page you'll see a filter for "Users that have interacted with me today". Most people like to prioritize clicking that list, to reward people who've clicked their Pokemon and also to gain Pass Orbs.

It's also very helpful to put your party in your forums signature, so that your Pokemon will get a little bit of maturity whenever anyone sees anything you've posted.

I saw the pokewalker and mobile walker seemed to be helpful to getting some exp. for your pokes.
The thing is I guess, I can't figure out how to get something from my party into the pokewalker, it said it was the drop down options though I only saw the option to move to the mobile walker.

Eggs can't be put into the Pokewalker; only hatched Pokemon can. Also, only one Pokemon can be in the Pokewalker at a time, so to put a new one in you'll need to take the previous one out. If neither of those was your problem, I don't know what went wrong.

The Mobile Walker is primarily for use with an iPhone, Android, or other mobile device, although it can also be used by an actual computer (it's just less efficient, usually). It tracks your physical location on the planet using GPS, and awards experience to the Pokemon or eggs inside according to how far you've travelled since the last time you activated it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

RainbowChris
post Feb 17 2012, 04:51 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Feb 17 2012, 02:50 PM) *

On this site, maturity is mostly gained from "clickbacks": when two people both click each other's Pokemon. If you go to the Users page you'll see a filter for "Users that have interacted with me today". Most people like to prioritize clicking that list, to reward people who've clicked their Pokemon and also to gain Pass Orbs.

It's also very helpful to put your party in your forums signature, so that your Pokemon will get a little bit of maturity whenever anyone sees anything you've posted.

Eggs can't be put into the Pokewalker; only hatched Pokemon can. Also, only one Pokemon can be in the Pokewalker at a time, so to put a new one in you'll need to take the previous one out. If neither of those was your problem, I don't know what went wrong.

The Mobile Walker is primarily for use with an iPhone, Android, or other mobile device, although it can also be used by an actual computer (it's just less efficient, usually). It tracks your physical location on the planet using GPS, and awards experience to the Pokemon or eggs inside according to how far you've travelled since the last time you activated it.

Alright, I did notice the list of users who clicked on mine. But what are the pass orbs for?
I only have eggs right now so that makes sense why the poke walker didn't work.

Hmmm...I guess it'll make more sense once I start messing with it. I have a blackberry so I guess that will work with it. Basically just accessing the mobile walker function on the phone browser wherever you are?

--------------------

+Quote Post

knowledge
post Feb 17 2012, 04:58 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 086

My Favorites

But what are the pass orbs for?

Purchasing a Pass Power activates it immediately. Note that you may only have one Pass Power active at a time.

Basically just accessing the mobile walker function on the phone browser wherever you are?

Yes.

This post has been edited by knowledge: Feb 17 2012, 05:01 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Feb 17 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #5

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

You get 1 Pass Orb for every 100 click back you make / receive.

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post Feb 17 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 112 020

Active Squad

Might be worth adding the Mobile walker can only be activated or primed an hour after the last activation and you will need to prime it (an hour after) whenever you take a pokemon out or put a new one in. It works quite well on a computer, i usually find depending on maturity of the egg 15-25% boost per activation which is useful when you have a party full and want to hatch additional eggs.

Pass orbs, since the description given by knowledge was to me confusing, are for purchasing a temporary effect known as a pass power, similar to those in the Black and White games. The pass power will last a set time and can influence certain things on the site, for instance flame power will increase the maturity your eggs will gain per interaction for 15 minutes, Sprite power will increase the chance your eggs will hatch in an alternate sprite (as in other gen game sprites).

As Dr Snap mentioned, you get a pass orb for every 100 clicks you give as click backs, make sure you use the 'users who have interacted with me, whom i haven't interacted with' option when clicking (its something similar to that) which will guarantee you will gain a pass orb for every 100 clicks.

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

RainbowChris
post Feb 17 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I see, I see. Thank you everyone for your help grin.gif I greatly appreciate it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:34 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.