Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
20 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Thin Red Line, Sign-ups closed.
shambles
post May 23 2010, 12:05 PM
Post #1

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 687

Assemble!

From Gijinkai: Materiality or Myth? (p. 67):

It is my belief that Gijinkai, or those suffering from the condition known as Pokeverto Novusproprius, are in fact under the affect of a disease. It is not thought, in most cases, to be particularly harmful to the subject, and rarely results in death or insanity, though cases have been recorded [refer to the Jeremy Dafkins case in index ii]. Whether or not the Gijinkafication, if you will, is curable, is still up for great debate, and until we in the scientific world come to our conclusion, I have been designated the task of maintaining their welfare and preventing any possible calamities. A large undertaking I'm sure, but one I accept with solemnity and enthusiasm.

The Gijinkai are a fascinating and diverse subspecies, and the study and documentation of their various causes and symptoms has proven equally enthralling. It is believed that the human body is most susceptible to the Novusproprius when in the mid to late adolescent stages. This is because, in my opinion, the body retains the flexibility of youth while developing the strength and hardiness of adulthood.

When the disease is contracted, it is unknown whether the symptoms are fast or slow to appear, as no human presence has ever observed the process. I have, however, had the privilege of sitting in on the evolutionary process of Gijinkai. It appears to be a slow, agonizing progression, and the subject would be best kept isolated during its entirety, as they are prone to lash out in pained rages. I myself have prepared a special chamber for such occasions, fully equipped with sound enabled security monitors, for any of my colleagues who might wish to partake.

It seems that evolution and power are the only things the human subject receives from their pokemon counterpart. In fact, I have yet to see a case of a human personality being impacted at all by the merging, and gender also seems to remained unaffected, though more study will be required.

Because of the Gijinkai's firm attachment to the world of pokemon, I have reached the conclusion that having a pokemon of the same species, particularly their counterpart, is a great asset, helping the subject remain in control of his or her new powers, as well as amplifying them greatly. For this purpose, every individual in my care has been gifted with a pokemon companion of their same species. Though this research has not been made official yet, I feel great surety in the finding's veracity.

General Shit:

And there you have it. This is yet another Gijinka RP, though I'd like to think Moe and I have our own little twists in store.

Much like X-Men, all Gijinkai live in a large, house-like school wherein they learn how to harness and properly utilize their powers. There are teachers and classes and break periods just like regular school, as well as culminating activities and exams (don't worry though, this is bound to be more entertaining than regular school). Each person will be paired up at random (by use of an online scrambling generator) with a roommate of the same gender and placed, once again at random, in a room. Your schedule will be designed by use of the courses you pick in the application below.

Within the school, there are 'ranks', of sorts. First off, there are the Task Force. They are the elite, called in when there's trouble, and they're the only Gijinkai permitted to leave school grounds and venture into the human world (this takes place in the normal Pokemon universe: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all still exist). The Task Force are all fully evolved Gijinkai whom are in complete mastery of their powers; they are the ones sent out when a newly formed Gijinka has been spotted, to take him or her down and bring him or her in.

Next are the old-timers, not to be confused with old people. They have been in the school for a while; they know the way things run (things like where the security guards are placed at any given time, and when the best time is to catch a peek of a girl/boy in the shower) and have begun to understand and control their powers.

Then there are the newbies. Those freshly caught and sorted ('sorted' being the act of isolation in the Isolation Room that all new arrivals must undergo. Through this, it can be determined whether or not s/he is a danger to his/herself or others, and be handled accordingly. Unstable Gijinkai are moved to the Forbidden Floor, and regular Gijinkai are placed into the school system) and still unaware of what it truly entails to be a Gijinka. They are generally first-form pokemon, and don't know very many moves or techniques. Some are even caught within the course of the RP (just put a note somewhere in your application).

Finally, there are Legendaries. These mysterious and terribly powerful Gijinkai have yet to make an appearance in the world, but they will soon enough, and their impact will be swift and great.

All participants have the option of one or two characters (possibly three if you can make an application that simply dazzles us), and may have ONE character as either a Legendary or a part of the Task Force, the other MUST be a normal (old-timer or n00b is up to you). We will be accepting a total of five Task Force members and five Legendaries, as well as ten normals. Don't worry, though the Task Force may see the most action right off the bat, everyone will get a chance to kick some ass. That being said, be warned that this is not a totally action-based RP. Your character IS in school, and appropriate time must be dedicated to his/her 'studies'.

If you have any questions (cos I'm sure I've left SOMETHING out) don't be afraid to ask.

This post has been edited by doped up dolly: Jun 8 2010, 08:52 PM

--------------------
previously doped up dolly.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

shambles
post May 23 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #2

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

Rules:
1. All standard GTS rules apply.
2. No godmodding (unless permission is given) or power-playing.
3. No killing of other players' characters (once again, unless permission is given).
4. GRAMMAR and SPELLING are key. A mistake or two every now and then is understandable -- hell, it's expected -- but I'm a self-proclaimed and proven Grammar Nazi, so terrible grammar titches me terribly.
5. Try to post at least once every couple of days.
6. Summer is coming, if you're going on an extended vacation with no internet access, tell us in the OOC chat, and your character will be reserved until you return.
7. Romance, violence and swearing are not only accepted, but encouraged; however, I like having 0% warning, so keep it reasonable.

This post has been edited by doped up dolly: May 23 2010, 02:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

shambles
post May 23 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #3

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

The School:
First Floor
Second Floor
Third Floor

Course Outlines (click to show)

*Please note that Task Force members are NOT exempt from homework or other class-ly duties*
*Also note that any other class suggestions are greatly appreciated, this was all Moe and I could come up with D; *

Teachers and Other Authorities (click to show)

This post has been edited by doped up dolly: May 23 2010, 12:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

shambles
post May 23 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #4

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

There are to be no repeated Pokemon. For your convenience, here is a list of all the already claimed Pokemon:

Espeon
Umbreon
Dialga
Giratina
Banette
Gallade
Rayquaza
Castform
Glaceon
Arcanine
Skarmory
Gible
Snover
Manaphy
Palkia
Leafeon
Sableye
Lucario
Dragonair

Accepted Profiles:

(Yes, Moe and I get more than two characters. That's more because of my OCD need for both of us to have a leg in each ranking than anything.)

Task Force:

1. doped up dolly
Othello Becker (click to show)

2. Moe the Lawn
Audrey Svensson (click to show)

3. Black Fire
Christopher 'Chris' Allen (click to show)

4. Arkinine
Wolf 'Shadow' Corodovas (click to show)

5. Runi
Lawrence 'Laws' Raeyelle (click to show)

Normals:

1. doped up dolly
Jasper Quinn (click to show)

2. doped up dolly
Elijah Grant (click to show)

3. Moe the Lawn
Talia Grant (click to show)

4. Jamiekairu
Martin Arenn (click to show)

5. Runi
Ester Ayuren (click to show)

8. Runi
Eldewiss ‘Liss’ Sybelle (click to show)

7. Yumie
Holly Frinton (click to show)

8. Black Fire
Louise Allen (click to show)

9. Kod
Jackson 'JJ' Salazar (click to show)

10. BlacKOut
Andre 'Blaze' Dias (click to show)

Legendaries:

1. doped up dolly
Caspian Lynch (click to show)

2. Moe the Lawn
Vincent O'Brien (click to show)

3. Kod
Taylor 'Lok' Rockbourne (click to show)

4. Yumie
Marble Seendy (click to show)

5. Jamiekairu
Jamie Cemmelon (click to show)

This post has been edited by doped up dolly: Jun 6 2010, 08:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

shambles
post May 23 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #5

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

And finallyyyyyyy:

Username: [Because it makes my life a tiny bit easier.]
Character Name: [First and last are compulsory, middle and nickname are optional.]
Gender: [Pretty straight forward. No its, we discriminate here.]
Ranking: [Your ranking within the house, for lack of a better word. Are you a newbie? Part of the Task Force? A Legendary? Or have you been there for a while?]
Hometown: [It can be anywhere in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh.]
Gijinka Subspecies: [What pokemon has your character been merged with? Please include if s/he is to evolve during the course of the RP, and into what.]
Appearance: [Pictures are not required, but they are helpful. Feel free to use either a picture of a Gijinka, or a picture of a regular person with yourself describing the physical changes their transformation brought about. Regardless, we demand a full, detailed description. Be sure to include things such as height, build, hair colour/style, skin tone, eye colour, tattoos/piercings, clothing, any distinguishing marks (birthmarks, scars, etc.) and anything else that could be considered relevant. The more the better, as long as it doesn't become redundant.]
Personality: [Feel free to bare-bones this. We don't need every living facet of your character's personality, we are firm believers in uncovering things like that as the story progresses, but do give us a general idea. Include: how s/he acts around others, how s/he acts alone, likes, dislikes, fears, goals, and a very basic outline of their general outlook and feelings on life.]
[We will not be asking you for a biography, although we ask that you do have one mind even though you will not be required to write it out. As with personality, we feel this is something that should not be laid out right off the bat; rather, as in life, it should slowly come to light. Try to keep it realistic, use your character's history to describe his/her personality, let it shape him/her.]
Bag Contents: [This includes everything in your bag, not just healing items. Things like journals, and food, weapons, and stuffed animals, and all that good stuff; just keep it realistic, I don't want to see anyone lugging around a refrigerator.]

Pokemon [Your pokemon companion. S/He is the same species as you, and you may only have her/him. If you are a Legend, you may NOT have a pokemon companion, for fairness' sake. You're powerful enough already, give everyone else a chance. :T ]

Name: [Optional. Simply put 'N/A' if this doesn't apply to you.]
Species: [What kind of Pokemon is s/he?]
Nature: [We're only asking for a nature, but keep in mind that Pokemon are not fighting machines; we're not asking you to spell it out for us, but try to give each of them a more three dimensional characterization than 'Lax' or 'Jolly'.]
Held Item: [A berry, an item, or nothing at all, whatever you like.]

RP Sample: [Quite possibly the most important part of this sign-up. We would rather have a freshly written piece, preferably concerning the character you have described above, however we will settle for well-written, recent copypasta.]

This post has been edited by doped up dolly: May 23 2010, 02:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kodent
post May 23 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #6

There was a hole here once. It's gone now.
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 735

Swag Swerve Squad

Username: Kod
Character Name:
Taylor 'Lok' Rockbourne
Ranking: Legendary
Hometown: Azalea Town
Gijinka Subspecies: Rayquaza
Appearance: [X] Taylor has blond hair that he styles in a bit of a rebel look and he stands at about 6'9, which allows him to tower over most other people his age. He is lanky and thin, and his skin is pale, save for the few yellow and/or red markings scattered across his body. He weighs about 125 pounds. His eyes yellow and he has black slits for pupils. He usually wears normal colored blue contacts for his eyes, though. Taylor is often seen wearing his characteristic green clothing that he feels matches his life, and he is almost never seen without his favorite green hat and goggles. He has a tongue piercing that he enjoys flicking out simply to annoy people.
Personality: Taylor is a silly, silly boy. He enjoys playing pranks on anybody he encounters, as that is his way to get to know them. He finds great joy in giggling like a little school girl whenever anybody falls for one of his tricks. That's how he received his nickname, because of his tendency to play pranks. He loves to be the center of attention and his ultimate goal in life is to befriend everybody in the world (However unrealistic that goal may be). When he is by himself, he gets a bit more serious, and often writes in his journal about the events of the past days and/or about his life as a Gijinkai and his days at the school. He is also very self-conscious about the fact that he is a Gijinkai, hence the reason behind his contacts and his attempts to look as normal as possible. He wishes to one day live a normal life as a Ginjinkai in hiding. As one can tell, Taylor's wishes are more dreams than reality.
Bag Contents: Journal, a few energy bars, his contacts case, and a water bottle he refills often. He also has a little toy Spheal that he loves playing with, and a makeshift shiv that Aldrich (his brother) insisted he make.

Taylor sighed as he laid down in his bed, throwing a tennis ball up and down, utterly bored. He caught the ball in his right hand and started rolling it around on the bed. He cracked his neck and his knuckles, a habit that he had picked up from his older brother. He would say he missed his family, but that really wasn't true. The only thing he truly missed about them was the look on their faces whenever he successfully pulled off a prank. He closed his eyes and breathed in through his nose, ignoring the flood of images that forced themselves into the boy's head. He often got like this, all riled up over a memory, then having to calm himself down before he could rest easy. But it seemed he'd never get some easy rest as long as he was at this school. Taylor started blinking rapidly, sitting up quickly as his contacts slipped off his eyes. He took them off, watching them fold up against itself and disappear. He frowned and stood up, walking over to the mirror in the room. He stared at himself in the mirror, dark, unblinking eyes staring back. He touched his fingertips lightly to the glass, smiling ruefully in spite of himself. One day he would be normal. One day, he promised himself. A picture of his brother smiled at him from beyond the glass on top of his bed. Taylor picked up the photo frame and plopped down on the bed, deciding to putt off replacing his contacts. He stared at the picture, one of his brother giving a knuckle sandwich to Taylor before he had been changed into what he was today. Taylor put the picture face down on the bed and turned onto his side. He wouldn't have anyone looking at him anyway.

(( Derp, fixed. :B ))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post May 23 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 518

Active Squad

You've put quite a bit of effort into this, haven't you? I can't pass this up...

Username: Black Fire
Character Name: Christopher Allen (Nickname is Chris, how original)
Ranking: Task Force
Hometown: Cerulean City
Gijinka Subspecies: Glaceon
Appearance: Reference Image, without the face tattoo or the kilt/skirt thing…

Despite already being a stands-out-like-a-sore-thumb Glaceon Gijinka, Chris makes no attempt to hide his identity from anyone when he goes outside the academy, not that you can really do much about two giant, blue spiky ears sticking out from your head, or a blue tail sticking out of your ass…

While his body is of an average height of about 5’10’’, and his weight is an equally average 120 pounds, Chris’ hair is naturally a rather un-natural mixture of a white main bulk, with dark blue tips on the end of his fringe, two pale blue long streaks down either side of his head, and dark blue back, all of which appears to be gelled into a rather radical style, but is in fact the natural way that the boy’s hair grows.

The clothing that covers Chris’ very lightly built muscular body consists of a sleeveless black zip up shirt come jacket which fits rather snugly, but not so that it restricts movement. The zip of the jacket is marked with a light blue line of fabric, which also extends around the top of it’s collar. Just because this jacket is sleevless, it doesn’t mean that Chris’ arms are completely bare however. On his forearms you will find two pieces of fabric that resemble bracers somewhat, but they extend just past his elbow in one direction, and fan out over the backs of his hands, making his hands invisible when he has his fists clenched. Just above the bracer on Chris’ left arm, you will find a tattoo of pattern that has no special meaning to Chris, other than the fact that he thought it makes people think of ice, meaning it suited him.

On his lower body, Chris wears a rather simple pair of black pants, complete with a hole for his tail, fitting equally as snugly as his sleeveless upper body wear, as well of a pair of simple black white socks. These socks are easily visible due to Chris’ footwear, which are a pair of tabi-style dark navy-blue sandals (with soles nowhere near as big as the reference image).

Personality: Put simply, Chris is one of those people that you would want on your side at all times. This is not because he is insanely violent however, in fact, he is typically quite the opposite, it is because he is incredibly loyal to those who he would deem as friends or acquaintances, willing to do anything to defend those people if a dangerous situation should arise. This can lead to him getting a little over protective over people from time to time (culminating in how he acts around his sister sometimes), which Chris is aware of this himself, and can sometimes lead to the people he is ‘protecting’ feeling relatively embarrassed due to his actions, if the person is of that nature.

When he is ‘alone’, Chris does enjoy simply spending time relaxing with his Glaceon, who he aptly named Glacia. This can mean anything from brushing his Pokemon’s fur, simply lying on his bed asleep with her curled up beside him, playing his guitar while she listens to him, and practically anything else that can be considered relaxing. When around others, he will talk to them without any real hesitation, and is often seen talkimg with his sister, and has no problem in performing some kind of activity with them, whether it be playing a sport, practicing playing muscal, assisting them with homework, he;ll do pretty much anything, unless it is something which would end up hurting someone, physically or emotionally. The only time he would ever dare hurt someone would be if they hurt one of his friends, and if you hurt his sister, prepare for a world of hurt.

Being a Glaceon Gijinka, one would imagine Chris would rather enjoy cold environments, despise overly warm places, and enjoy cold food, you know, follow stereotypes and all that jazz. While this is true, Chris cannot help but frequently get cravings for the spicier things in life, such as curries, and sometimes even raw chilli peppers. Speaking of stereotypes, they are one of Chris’ biggest hates in the world, how some people get judged right off the bat simply by their appearance, race, belief, or even taste in music. It’s simply one of the things that disgusts him about human society, though he understands that not all humans are like this, otherwise he would be rather hypocritical.

Bag Contents: A roll of bandages, masking tape, a quarter litre bottle of disinfectant, two or three Hyper Potions, two Full Heals, a plastic bottle of water, Glacia’s Expert Belt (when it isn’t on Glacia, obviously), a notepad, a black bic-biro (pen), a black leather wallet (containing money, Chris’ ID, and a single credit card. Gijinkas can have bank accounts, right?) and a bag of chilli peppers (replaced when empty whenever possible).

Pokemon

Name: Glacia
Species: Glaceon
Nature: Glacia is a rather outgoing Pokemon, often seen flirting with other Pokemon that belong in the same 'egg group' as her, but sometimes even that isn't enough to stop her. Despite this rather behaviour, you would find that Glacia is a very trustworthy companion, epitomizing in her unparalleled loyalty to Chris, which shows greatly whenever the two battle.
Held Item: Expert Belt (Dyed a perfect white)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Username: Black Fire
Character Name: Louise Allen
Ranking: Has been at the academy for as long as Chris, so she has been there for a while
Hometown: Cerulean City
Gijinka Subspecies: Leafeon
Appearance: Click for smexy Louise

Louise is one of those girls who are rather easy on the eyes completely naturally, not having to do anything in particular to increase her physical appeal, well, apart from make sure she has a healthy diet of course. She stands at about 5’07’’, and weighs just a little over 110 pounds, giving her a rather nice figure. Also, since she is seventeen, her upper body has ‘developed’ to a reasonable extent.

Her blond hair has a noticeable green hue and is relatively long, the back and sides reaching just past her shoulders while her fringe moves to the left of her head, keeping itself out of her eyes. At the top of Louise’s head, there is a single leaf that emerges from her hair, which curls in a rather adorable way. Her ears also emerge from out of her head, both of which are also essentially ear shaped leaves. The ears are not brittle however, well, apart from around the edges where they are exceptionally thin.

Covering Louise’s body is a simple, pale green dress which reaches just past midway down her thighs, and leaves a slight part of her ‘upper features’ exposed. The dress itself has no fastenings to hold it onto Louise’s body, other than how snugly it fits. Louise’s tail extends out of a carefully placed and shaped hole in her dress, and looks very similar to her ears in the way that it resembles a leaf.

Around Louise’s left wrist are a collection of bracelets her brother, Chris, bought for her a while ago, along with a necklace which has some kind of black gem on it. She wears both at all times, and is still seeking something she can buy for her brother in return. Since she is not allowed to leave the academy however, this is somewhat of an issue.

While seeing Louise wearing footwear is far from a rarity, it isn’t exactly common. She enjoys the feeling of ground on her feet, as well as the texture of whatever she is walking on in general. However, if she feels the surface she is walking on is too uncomfortable, she will retrieve a pair of sandals from her bag, if she is carrying her bag anyway.

Personality: Louise is a rather pleasant Gijinka, who is about as far from shy as humanly (Gijinkanly?) possible. That is not to say she is overly talkative however, she knows when it is time to shut up, but she never seems to have trouble being the one to start a conversation. She is also rather energetic, meaning she enjoys taking part in sports, playing with Botanica and other Pokemon, which helps her keep her ideal figure. This seemingly boundless energy can lead her to cause accidents however, such as breaking something when she plays ‘fetch’ with Botanica indoors when it is cold outside.

Being a grass type, she loves being outside (unless it is a bit too cold for her), which is helpful considering her playful nature, otherwise she would probably end up breaking stuff rather frequently. As for being inside, it’s not something that Louise particularly despises, but she would much rather be outside than in, especially when the air inside starts to get dry, or there isn’t really that much light. After a relatively long amount of little light Louise becomes rather tired, and will eventually fall asleep, meaning she probably performs some kind of photosynthetic bodily processes like plants.

Louise doesn’t particularly have any major goals in life, other than to simply enjoy it. She does enjoy spending time with her brother, despite the fact that he gets a little protective around her sometimes, something which Louise is actually trying to help Chris to stop doing, as it is annoying him somewhat. He knows Louise is old enough to look after herself, but he still has the conflicting view of her being the little sister he has to help, something that Louise both appreciates and understands.

As for fears, Louise does have somewhat of a fear of poison and bug type Pokemon/Gijinka, which is probably due to her being a grass type Gijinka. This culminates in her drastic fear of Ariados, which is probably better described as a phobia. When they are nearby, Louise literally freezes in position while shaking uncontrollably, and under prolonged exposure to the Pokemon, she will eventually faint.

Bag Contents: A red tennis ball (for Botanica), Macho Brace (when Botanica is not wearing it), a bottle of water, sandals, a pair of sunglasses, two full heals, two hyper potions, a pen and a journal.

Pokemon

Name: Botanica
Species: Leafeon
Nature: Put simply, Botanica is a rather playful Pokemon, who enjoys nothing more than playing with Louise in the various gardens around the academy. She wears a Macho Brace to slow her down, so as little destruction as possible occurs when she is playing, even if it is accidental. Occasionally, when she is in a somewhat devilish mood, Botanica will assist Glacia in ‘teasing’ male Pokemon, but unlike her sister, she will only do so if they are in the same egg group as her.
Held Item: Macho Brace

RP Sample:
Post I Made This Morning In A RP Called "Origins", Recent Enough? (click to show)

This post has been edited by Black Fire: May 29 2010, 10:59 AM
+Quote Post

Arkinine
post May 23 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #8

The only person I know that liked Hoenn
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 147

Wolfe

Sorry bout the RP sample. Most recent one that isn't bad.

Username: Arkinine
Character Name: Wolf ‘Shadow’ Corodovas
Ranking: Part of the Task Force.
Hometown: Slateport, Hoenn
Gijinka Subspecies: Arcanine

Appearance: He stands at 5’10 and is rather thin and tan. He has blonde hair that reaches the top of his ears, and is normally kept under an orange bandanna His eyes are an Emerald green. He wears a pair of orange jeans, and a short-sleeved orange shirt. Both his pants and his shirt have black Arcanine markings on them, and his pants are custom-made to fit his tail. He has a small tattoo of a dragon on his right shoulder, and another tattoo of flames on his right ankle, just above his scar, from where his Arcanine bit him a bit too hard, and has another small scar on his left knee from where he accidentally cut himself.

Personality: He is normally quiet and serious around others, and quite sarcastic if he feels like the situation calls for it. He is perfectly fine with being alone, and is actually happier with no one around, although he is still as serious. His view on life is somewhat dim, but he still believes that there is more good than evil in the world. He has two goals, one is to try and make a few friends, and the other is to get into the habit of writing in his journal every day.

Bag Contents: a firestone, a journal and a pen, a stick, a bag of almonds, a tennis ball, and a little Seviper plushie he hugs when no one is around. And a roll of Duct tape.

Pokemon: Arcanine
Name: N/A
Species: Arcanine
Nature: Arcanine loves to play pranks, and is often scolded by anyone who happens to see them. He is a rather trusting creature, and trusts anyone who gives him food. He does, however, become serious in battle, or at random times when nothing is happening.
Held Item: Charcoal

RP Sample from The Divine (click to show)

--------------------
My Party

75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Haxorus
post May 23 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #9

h4x0rus
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 30

Raptor Centre

I swore I'd never join another Gijinka RP, but...this intrigues me. I'm going to rest, but when I wake, I'll look over things. In the meantime, can you reserve me a Legendary spot?

EDIT: Due to depression issues inducced by thunderstorms, I'm up; looking over it now.
EDIT 2: I've read it all. If you could get me on MSN, that would be awesome.

This post has been edited by Jamiekairyu: May 23 2010, 05:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Haxorus
post May 23 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #10

h4x0rus
Group Icon

Raptor Centre

EDIT: Accidental double-post, the first I've ever had. Ignore the double-post XD

This post has been edited by Jamiekairyu: May 23 2010, 03:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ChocolateVanilla
post May 23 2010, 05:01 PM
Post #11

Not LOLing, Laughing Out Loud. :D
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 686

Active Squad

Username: Yumie

Character Name: Marble Seendy

Hometown: Sunnyshore City

Gijinka Subspecies: Manaphy

Appearance: Marble.

Marble has a petite frame, and stands at 5’ 4”. She is fairly muscular, however, and it shows in her calves and upper body under close inspection. She wears her hair in a sideways ponytail that splits into three neat strands and forms round balls at the end. The balls are just hair, however, that curled so perfectly to match that of a manaphy. Her blue hair changes color in bright sunlight, sometimes lightening a little.

Not in the picture, Marble carries around a plain white waterproof bag around her shoulder. It is small and old, but works well enough.

(summarizing the picture, basically, from this point)
Her eyelashes are long and thick, as if she put a little too much mascara on. On the tip of two particularly long eyelashes on each eye are golden beads. She may have gotten this as part of the mutation.

Marble has dark tanned skin, from the hours spent outside near the ocean. She wears long gloves that have openings for her fingers and protect her arms. She wears a scandalously short dress, with long boots. Both are turquoise, and the blue dress has two red gems to further imitate the manaphy. In her dress are two holes that are filled by two gems that emerge from her chest. They are attached to her body.

Personality: Marble is very sweet, and constantly thinks of what others think of her. She hasn’t quite accepted being a Gijinka, since she is confused of what other normal people will feel, so recently she has been avoiding people altogether.

Before becoming a Gijinka, however, she was always trying to make others happy. She usually doesn’t do much for her benefit, with the one exception of working extra hard to keep herself “beautiful.” Now, she does this to make herself feel good, but this used to be done to please others.

From a young age, Marble has been fascinated by technology. She would tear up her computer and put it back the way it was, in order to figure out how it works. She is very talented at fixing broken things, as well as improving existant technology. However, in other ways, Marble would not be considered the brightest crayon in the box. She often forgets stuff a little too fast, and even forgot her original name when she became a Gijinka. She will deny this however, and insist that Marble Seendy was her birth name.

She does remember Sunnyshore was her home at one point, because she remembers wishing to disassemble the solar panels. However, everything else she seems to have forgotten.

Bag Contents:
-15000 coins
-Journal: Due to her crappy memory, Marble usually has to write down anything she feels is important at the moment. If Marble lost this, she would probably panic.
-Hand Gun with bullet, gunpowder: Marble does not shoot the gun for killing purposes, but is merely interested at the process the gun works.
-Water bottle: The water bottle is reusable, and Marble fills it up constantly. She needs to stay hydrated, being part Manaphy.

RP Sample:

Marble never liked lakes. The water seemed so trapped, so confused. Why couldn’t it just go home? Thought Marble sadly. The water wanted to go to the ocean. At least, she thought it did.

Looking around the lake, Marble tried to remember why she came. Sighing, she took out her journal and flipped to the most recently written on page. “Find another Gijinka.” Oh yes! Marble wanted to find another one like her. She had heard rumors that a legendary pokemon lived in a lake like this. Maybe a Gijinka for that pokemon?

It didn’t seem like it, though. The lake was calm, and not even a pokemon was making noise. It was fairly depressing, since she probably had to work hard to get here.

Sitting down on a rock, Marble tried to remember where she had heard the term Gijinka. She never actually met another Gijinka, that was for sure. She would remember that. She wanted to find another one really bad. She didn’t like going into towns now, since she didn’t know what people would think of her. She actually didn’t look that inhuman- her beads could have easily been a fashion statement, and there were probably other people that had hair that fell like hers did. But, she wasn’t willing to take that chance. All she needed was one cruel stare, and she could bust into tears in public. No, she would much rather find another of her kind.

Getting up again, Marble refilled the water bottle in the lake. She needed to get going, before someone came out to the lake. She jotted down in her journal how there was nothing at the lake, but she couldn’t remember the name of the lake. Or how she got here. She walked in a random direction, hoping that she would eventually just find where she was going by luck.

--------------------
Credit for Awesomely Awesome Pictures (click to show)

+Quote Post

Haxorus
post May 23 2010, 09:46 PM
Post #12

h4x0rus
Group Icon

Raptor Centre

Username: Jamiekairyu (Crimea River)
Character Name: Martin Arenn
Ranking: Student; he has been here for about a month.
Hometown: Eterna City, Sinnoh
Gijinka Subspecies: Gible

Appearance:
The first thing you might notice about Martin are the dark turquoise jet-plane-like features on either side of his head, a single lighter pinstripe going through both. Poor Mart has acquired some bulk upon becoming a Gijinka; whether due to his eating habits or his blood, or both, he doesn’t know. His hair is cut short and parted to the left side, a small bit hanging over and touching his eyebrows, and another part hanging just below his eye. His hair falls in layers down the back, and once it hits the back, that is where it is shaved. Its colour matches the darker shade of the apertures upon his head. His eyes are a beady black, and in his mouth are sharp, powerful teeth.

Martin gets cold easily, and so he wears a red turtleneck, but with short sleeves. Over it he has fitted a jacket that matches his hair in colour. His pants and shoes consist of ordinary faded blue jeans and red tennis shoes. A part has been cut out of his clothing to accommodate for a large, notched fin jutting from his back. His nails, like his teeth, are sharp and dangerous. The beginnings of a tail have begun to emerge from his rear.

Personality:
The first thing that can be known about Martin's personality is that he is never satisfied with his own abilities. He can never believe he is more than decent, and that others are better than him. He doesn't let this get him down, however. Instead, he uses it as his driving force to become even better, and as he improves, becomes more and more critical on himself. This is why he tries to train every day, and usually alone, because he loves working alone. Martin likes to push himself to the limits of what he can do, and at times, he actually gets to a point where he is proud of himself, then looks back on his accomplishment, and thinks little of it. Both praise and criticism, however, make him strive to better moreso, though Martin prefers it when people are to the point and blunt. He doesn't like it when people sugar-coat things, because it isn't the truth, and Martin almost always tells the truth, or part of it if he needs to. He only lies when he feels he must.

Martin would do anything for those he cares about, though it’s difficult for him to approach people for friendship. Whenever he has a friend, though, he fears losing them, regardless of how close they are. Martin's feelings towards other Gijinka at this current point in time are neutral. He doesn't blame them for anything. He knows that some things cannot be helped, and birth is one of them. Martin thinks humans and Gijinkas both are people, they're just different, but he doesn't vouch for either.

Ever since he became a Gijinka, Martin has developed a massive appetite. Not because he likes to eat, but because it feels good to keep his teeth going. When not eating, he’s generally biting his fingernails or chewing on his pencil. For leisure—when not eating—he loves to get dirty in the mud. He finds the floor to be more comfortable than the bed, and cuddles with his Gible at night.

Bag Contents: Assorted berries (at the rate he and Gible eat, these don’t last long), journals and textbooks, a utility knife, matches, pencils & pens, a portable game system with a few games, a laptop mini, vitamins. Various health items for him and his Gible.

Pokemon

Name: Gible
Species: Gible
Nature: Gible is a bit naughty, especially when it comes to taking things that aren’t hers. She’s really good at hiding them as well. She loves to play in the mud with Martin. She’s quite active, and sometimes ends up dragging her friend around.
Held Item: A Soft Sand it found in its cave.

RP Sample: See below.

~***~

Username: Crimea River/Jamiekairyu
Character Name: Jamie Cemmelon
Hometown: Pummelo Island, Orange Islands, Kanto
Gijinka Subspecies: Palkia

Appearance: Jamie has shoulder-length hair of a dark purple; it curls upwards, naturally, at the ends. Her hair tends to fall in a certain strange way, and if she cuts it, it will always grow back. It covers her ears, two sides covering part of her cheeks. There is a stray strand going down her back that, like the rest of the hair, tends to fall as it wills. Jamie’s eyes are generally purple, but when she is angry or using her powers, they turn black with red pupils, much like Palkia’s. Her skin is almost purplish in hue, and up either side of her neck runs a bent line of purple, which continues across her chest. This glows when she is using her powers.

From her shoulders extend two wing-like features, which can fan out. And they usually do this when she’s angry or attacking. Jamie is, for a girl, quite large, but most of her weight comes from her muscles. Upon her shoulders are two circular plates, with dark purple lines surrounding, a pearl inset in each. Her arms are normal in size, but there are ridges upon them, and her fingernails grow to be very sharp. To complete her Pokémon-like features, there is a tail jutting from her rear, tipped in the same violet like the lines on her neck. Her feet are quite large, with lines of purple running up and down them.

Jamie does not claim to be fashion-savvy, and in fact, the way she dresses is very normal. She dresses for necessity, not style. This normally consists of a printed t-shirt—with a blue jean jacket if it is cold—and a pair of jeans. Upon her feet, she slips a pair of slip-on black shoes. Underneath, however, she wears a purple bikini, for Jamie enjoys the water and at random times has been known to spend a great deal of time within it.

Personality: Jamie has a great love for the sea, and for water in general. As such, most of the time, you’ll see her playing with water, dancing in the rain or spending copious amounts of time within the shower. She is a bit childish for her age and doesn’t care if people think it’s ridiculous. Normally, this belies her intellilgence.

She hasn’t quite accepted being a Gijinka; in fact, she is scared of herself. She fears what she might do on accident to other people, and thus she tends to isolate herself. Rarely does she care what you think of her, though, until she befriends you. A close friend to Jamie is someone she deeply cares about, someone she’d do just about anything for. It is something she still seeks.

Jamie wishes that she were normal. That she could be a trainer with a Pokémon companion, travelling the continent. Sometimes she reflects upon this and is saddened at the fact that it seems she will never be “normal.”

Bag Contents: Jamie keeps a few notebooks and a sketchpad, as well as binders and schoolbooks, the latter two being used for school-related tasks, the former usually being filled with drawings. Oh, and her plushie collection must not be forgotten; she keeps three small, plush Flaaffys, a bigger Flygon, a Charizard, a Mantine, and a Baltoy. They are all well-loved but not overly worn. And undoubtedly her favourite plushie would be her Dragonite.

RP Sample: This is a version of Jamie; somewhat different from this one, but most of the time, my Jamies are similar, with their personalities shapen by different situations.
From "Tears of Legends (click to show)

This post has been edited by Jamiekairyu: May 26 2010, 03:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Silver Skies
post May 23 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #13

Okay, have a nice day.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 325

Whut.

I may join, but first I have a question.

Do the 'slots' for the different rankings work on a first-come-first-serve basis? Like, since three people have signed up for legendaries, does that mean they will for-sure get the places since they posted before others?

This post has been edited by Silver Skies: May 23 2010, 10:29 PM

--------------------

Disclaimer: The images in the avatars I make are not drawn by me; they're from the trading cards.

+Quote Post

shambles
post May 23 2010, 10:43 PM
Post #14

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

I'm gonna say no,
seeing as Moe and I have yet to accept anyone.
Though I will feel rather awkward if we have to pick favourites. D;

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post May 24 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I have a couple of questions I would like to ask, if you don't mind.

First off, how much 'studying' do members of the Task-Force have to do? If they study as regular as the rest of the students, are they placed in the same classes as them, or are they seperated?

Secondly, wheny you say that you haven't accepted anyone yet, is it because you don't think that our profiles are adequate enough? Are you waiting for more people to apply so you can see what profiles you prefer? Or is there some other reason I don't understand?
+Quote Post

shambles
post May 24 2010, 08:40 AM
Post #16

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

In answer to your first question,
the Task Force are placed in the same classes, but segregated from the rest.
In Physical Combat they are only placed up against other Task Force members (and later, Legendaries).

To your second,
there's nothing at all wrong with any of your profiles,
I've read through them and approve,
but I've got to wait to talk with Moe before we can make our joined decision.
The only criticism I may have goes toward Kod and Arkinine,
and it is, basically: watch your paragraph sizes. Based on your RP samples, they seem to be a bit wall-like (my eyes don't appreciate being glued to a monitor for prolonged periods of time). Just more spacing, that's all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post May 24 2010, 08:46 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I figured it would be something like that, but since there are an odd number of Gijinkai in the Task Force, would that not cause a problem with pairing up with combat partners initially?

Allright then, thanks for filling me in. Sorry if I made you feel rushed or anything, I just wanted to know what was going on that's all, I do get a bit nosy from time to time...
+Quote Post

shambles
post May 24 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #18

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

Aha,
I didn't even think of that ...
seriously, if you have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them.
This RP is far more flexible than our others.
(I'm trying to lose some control, which is hard for me.)

No worries, no worries.
I've just had a pretty shit morning.
Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. :]

--------------------

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post May 24 2010, 09:06 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

I do have a few more questions actually, reguarding the strength/abilities of Gijinkai/Pokemon. If you were to compare a Gijinkai's abilities to those of a Pokemon, would they be about at the same level of power? Or is one generally superior to the other?

Also, what about TM moves? Are Pokemon/Gijinkai allowed to learn them?

I promise these are my last questions by the way...

This post has been edited by Black Fire: May 24 2010, 09:07 AM
+Quote Post

shambles
post May 24 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #20

I rolled a one. Again.
Group Icon

Assemble!

Well, right off the bat the pokemon are far superior, as it takes time and effort for a Gijinka to fully tap into his/her power.
Of course, how close they are to their familiar pokemon has bearing on this as well: the farther away, the more watered down their powers become.
I believe that every Gijinka has the potential to become just as powerful as their pokemon counterpart, but it just takes a lot of hard work (see: Task Force). And in regards to powers in general, of course each Gijinka can, over time, learn the moves of their pokemon, but they also have some of the non-attack based powers, like levitation and flash fire, etc.

Hmm,
I think including TMs and HMs would be interesting, and I'd kind of like to develop some kind of reward system involving them ... like the winner of the exam battle gets his/her choice in TM or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post

20 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.