Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Advance Map vs. Elite Map, Make your own pokemon game (VBA ROM) which way?
Advance Map vs. Elite Map
Which hacking program do you use most?
Advance Map [ 4 ]  [57.14%]
Elite Map [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Both [ 2 ]  [28.57%]
Don't really know [ 1 ]  [14.29%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 

STJIMMY
post Oct 4 2008, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 220

Active Squad

With Nintendo and Gamefreak coming up with more and more pokemon titles, more people are thinking or actually starting to make their own. How you can easily do this is to use either Advance Map or Elite Map. Here are the details of each:

Advance Map

Can edit maps and create your own from scratch from FR/LG/E/R/S, signposts, doors, individual tiles, people, wild pokemon, items and invisible items. No glitches.

Elite Map

Can edit maps from Ruby & Sapphire, sign posts, doors, people, items and invisibles items, however often has glitches and can stuff up your ROM if you aren't careful
Also comes with the following programs to assist Elite Map:

"Base Edit"
Edits Base Stats, Types of Pokemon (Fire, Water, Dragon, Ghost etc...), Male/ Female Ratio(Yes, you can get Male Chanseys), Ablilities, Rarity (or catch rate), Exp. Gain, Also shows Effort Values & Unknown Values, but you can't change them

"Bewildered"
Edits what pokemon appear were in: grass (which is also caves), water (while surfing), Trees (got no idea) & Fishing (note that the 1st one you set in fishing is with the Old Rod, 2nd & 3rd with Good Rod, 4th, 5th & 6th with the Super Rod). Advance Map can do this though.

"P.E.T"
Edits Trainer data like their names, classes, Items they have, Pokemon levels, moves, what music sould play & if it is a double battle.

"PokePic_us GRL"
Edits what pokemon look like, you can import PNG, GIF & bmp to replace the ones there & can export pokemon sprites to PNG, GIF & bmp. Can save you from downloading pics from the web.

"Poketxt 0.1b"
Edits all text in the game, except in battles.

"Spread"
Edits Trainer sprites

"Starter Pokemon Changer"

Self Explanatory, it changes the three starters to any of the 386, Your rivals pokemon don't change with yours though.

"Dexter"

Got no clue what this program does, as far as my AVG anti-virus program is concered it is a "threat"

"Lunar IPS Lips"

Turns your customized Rom into a patch, usually to save space when you post it on the web.

Most of the Elite Map packaged programs are in different languages so try to find a English version of the one you want.

Unfortuately, I (and you) am not allowed to post any links to Advance Map, Elite Map or any other related hacking programs, so just Google what you want.

This post has been edited by STJIMMY: Oct 4 2008, 04:22 AM

--------------------

Other Cool stuff people made me (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

TQQ
post Oct 10 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #2

Justin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

gah.....
an off topic comment for a moment.......
AVG blows. BAD.
"downloading a patch for patching the patch it was patching yesterday."
-wymsy

back on topic,
im not one for trusting elite map..
i was finishing up a project i was working on, it fucked it up and pretty much obliterated everything i was working on, barred a few things i had saved in seperate files.

i use advancedmap for, well, just about all my map editting stuff, to great effects.
i like the tile editting you can do for custom tiles, it comes in handy when the same tree is getting used over and over and over and over.......
the only problem i find with tiling on advancedmap is that the tile sets are way too small, and it takes forever. the tile palete is kind of cluttered also, it gets annoying to find a tile you JUST used until you find out you can save it on the black tile palette square.

--------------------

+Quote Post

STJIMMY
post Oct 11 2008, 07:18 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 220

Active Squad

QUOTE(STJIMMY @ Oct 4 2008, 07:12 PM) *
...Elite Map....

.... however often has glitches and can stuff up your ROM if you aren't careful....

Sorry... Don't say I didn't warn you...

--------------------

Other Cool stuff people made me (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:51 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.