Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
44 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Abortion, Poll and discussion
Abortion
Should it be aloud?
Yes, they should have a chose [ 193 ]  [56.60%]
No [ 57 ]  [16.72%]
Yes (only for victoms of rape and such) [ 91 ]  [26.69%]
Total Votes: 341

Mosica
post Apr 15 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #1

a smile better suits a hero
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 10 191

Garnet

55,000,000. (over) 1,000,000. (over) 146,000. 6,120. 100. 2.

These are the nunbers of babies killed in abortion every year, week, day, hour, and second.

Should abortion really be aloud in the U.S.? Or should it be aloud but only for the poor woman victoms of rape?

Or do you want it to be the chose of the woman, her choosing if she wants to have a a baby or not?

No matter what, abortion is still killing. with the exeption of rape.

Abortion is murder.

Cast or vote and be free to comment.

This post has been edited by Rin101: Apr 15 2009, 07:01 PM

--------------------

Credit for my avatar goes to Cycloneblaze

Black Rock Shooter, where did you go?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Panic Stew
post Apr 15 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #2

Ghost Pokemon Trainer<3
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9 194

My Pokemonsters :>

I believe you should have the right to choose. There shouldn't even be questioning about it. I know a teenager who had to have an abortion. Know I know that if she had that baby it would have changed her life. (Not for the better) So what would you rather do? Ruin the parents’ life, or kill whatever is living inside? That's the question that people seem so hung up by. Now you can point fingers at me and tell me whatever garbage you believe, but really, you need to think about this. I do think that the baby is a living thing, although I think it has no feelings and such. You only receive your personality when you are born. You don't know anything about our world when you're in a womb. Shakespeare isn't floating around there teaching life. :|
Call me a sadist, but I find killing life that hasn't even been born yet like killing a bug.
Oh yes, for all of you people who might reply with..."But, dear, that baby could turn out to be an Einstien or Martin Luther King Jr..." No. Just no. That sort of knowlege comes along with experience and knowledge. You're not going to obtain that in a womb.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kimba
post Apr 15 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 920

Active Squad

*shakes head*

The freedom to choose is a right given to you as an American. Feel free to think what you want, but don't expect others to always agree with you.

--------------------
I always click back! :]

+Quote Post

knil1
post Apr 15 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #4

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

This is a topic that has ensued people all over the world, and in the US, a political anomole.

This is one of the hardest decisions to make, unless you know someone who relates to abortion.

I would have to say yes, but under certain conditions, like as you said, rape.
That's my viewpoint...

I just don't know how someone can kill a baby ethically.
dey iz so cute love.gif

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Harlyn
post Apr 15 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 951

Active Squad

I believe in no abortion whatsoever. What right to we, as humans, have to deprive another human being of life? Just because the baby hasn't been born yet doesn't mean it isn't still human. Everyone deserves the chance to live.

--------------------

Help Rai-Rai and Cani get to lvl 100! =D
+Quote Post

misa acar
post Apr 15 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #6

THE worthless blobb
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 886

dream team

abortion, should be an option. but only if it is NEEDED! I mean a grown women, should take the responsibality of raising a child she was reckless enough to concieve! Abortion is killing, Grown women should know better and not choose the option of killing their child.

But a teenager(13-17), should have rights to it. I mean, imagaine, the pain of goeing to school all fat and pregnent, being teased over it. If ur young, it shouldnt happen anyway, but chances are higher for young teenagers! it should be an option but only for the poor stupi kids.

Abortion should be banned, unless your a rape victim or a young teenager! Imagaine the pain of going to school pregnent,people teaseing, haha i kno what you did!! Or carreing a evil mans baby?? Otherwise, banned!!

--------------------
All events eggs! Help them hatch!
---------

My Pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

Nurse Simply
post Apr 15 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #7

Hi everyone!
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 587

Dream Team ♥

Me myself, am agaisnt it under certain circumstances (Teenage Pregnancy, Rape, ect.)

My baby brother/sister was killed by my mom but I don't think its murder. I has just been born and my two older brother still needed to be taken care of, I think she did make the right choice.

In the case of Teenage Pregnancy I know perfectly normal girls it happens too. And i've watched them go through it so not to be held guilty for abortion. But I also know a few girls who get abortions 2-3 times a year! I tell them "If you do the crime, deal with the time."

Rape pregnancy is usually a must, you have no idea what diseases he couldv'e been carrying -- on a lighter note though if you keep the baby it could bring joy into your life later on with no mention of a father. That is totally up to them.

--------------------

Shinies

-------------------------------------

+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post Apr 15 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

This should probably be in the debates section, but I digress.

It should be totally legal.

It's totally wrong to force a woman to go through pregnancy and childbirth. Can you even IMAGINE how horrible that would be for a woman?

Imagine something inside you, that you don't want there. Making you sick, giving you back pains, mood swings, everything. Then imagine being forced to stay that way for NINE MONTHS. Then imagine going through hours of painful labor.

Now imagine you had to do this all for something you never wanted to begin with, and in addition, for something that wouldn't know the difference had you done it. Fetuses have no consciousness. They can't want to live, they can't be sad because they'll never get to live. They know nothing, they're not conscious. In fact, until later in the pregnancy they can't even feel pain. (At which point drugs would be administered so they won't.)

A woman's body belongs to her. Nobody, NOBODY can use it without her consent. If she decides the fetus does not have consent to use her body, then she has the right to remove it. Sadly, at this point in time, the only way for her to remove consent is to have an abortion.

Nobody can use your body without your consent. Not even if they're family. Not even if they'll die without it. Same goes for a fetus.

This means a dying relative can't demand you donate your kidney because it's your body. This means, even if your relative would die because they needed a BLOOD DONATION (which is simple and near-painless!) you have every right to refuse to give your blood, even if they die. Because the only thing you really own in this world is your body. Taking that away from women is wrong.

Forcing a woman to be pregnant and birth a baby is no less than horrible, excruciating TORTURE for those unwilling.

To use myself as an example, I have the misfortune (from my own perspective) to be born with a female body. I am childfree, which means I never ever want children. NO birth control is 100% effective. So, even though I took every precaution, and even though I consider it real true torture, would you force me to carry a baby if the birth control failed?

I certainly hope not.

This post has been edited by KaiReddtail: Apr 15 2009, 09:17 PM

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Apr 15 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 486

Active Squad

I support it being totally legal.

Reasons:

abortion can be necessary
Certain circumstances can require abortion. In some cases, if a pregnancy comes to term, it will kill mother and child. In others, it will kill the mother, but the child may survive. Neither is a situation we want. In nature, in these situations, a body may self-abort, also known as a miscarriage. Miscarriage can be very dangerous to women. Abortion is low-risk as far as surgeries go, and very long-term side effects occur. In pregnancy, there is a guarantee of long-term side effects on the body.

Adoption is not a good option
Right now, there are 500,000 children in the US foster system. Of these, 30% have emotional, behavioral or developmental problems that make them hard to adopt. The system, as it is, does not work well and can cause severe distress to the child.

Rape only; broken-protection only can't be done.
Only for rape can not be done, as there is no way to distinguish rape from rough sex. Desperate women will through their partner under the bus (and to jail) to get an abortion. Ditto on protection-breaking; there is no way to tell if protection was attempted.

pregnancy should not be a punishment
Using pregnancy as a punishment for being sexually adventurous does not work because it can make the parent hold a grudge against their children, leading to abuse. 1,530 child fatality victims were been reported in 2006, more than 75% of these being in toddlers or infants (children under four)

if abortion is banned, women will do it anyway
Women have been having abortions for centuries, and will continue to do sol. If abortion is banned, they will turn to back alley methods such as the wire hanger. 'Quacks' may do abortions illegally, but such procedures would be done in less-than-desirable conditions, and quite possibly be unqualified personnel.

I'll have more later. Sources (not all were used above)

http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/foster_care

http://www.arkansasnews.com/archive/2008/0...ews/345514.html

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/foster.cfm

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm...r3.htm#subjects

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm06/index.htm)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 15 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #10

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Whether or not it constitutes as moral is your own choice -- something the government should have no control over because the morality behind this is mixed.

"It" refers to abortion, obviously. They are indeed alive, but they are not technically apart of our population and lack a conscious. It's comparable to a plant; they're living things, but would you feel remorse for stepping on a plant? I bet not.

I'm pro-choice.

(Also, Debates section this goes).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Apr 15 2009, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Also, if you're going to draw a line in the sand about what deserves an abortion or what doesn't, then who gets to draw the line? What if Joe down the street thinks different, or Mary one floor down? How would a person go about deciding what is and is not acceptable?

I think that it has to be all-or-nothing, because there are an infinite number of different cases with different circumstances. It should be up to the mother, as she is the one in charge of her body. If she doesn't want a parasite sucking off of her for nine months, then I don't think anybody has the right to force her to.

To those who say that having sex is taking the risk, and that they should deal with the results: Should a hospital turn away a driver who was involved in a drunk driving accident, because they knew the risk when they got drunk? They they turn away the man who stepped outside and got mugged, because he knew there was a risk when he left his house?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 15 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #12

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Oh yeah, birth is the most painful thing a woman can go through with some pretty bad side effects as well. And who's to say it's easy to just give birth and give to adoption?
In fact, if you put them up for adoption, then they won't necessarily get adopted will they? That pretty much leads to a type of scenario that abortion seeked to prevent in the first place -- a suffering for the child and for the mother, especially since the mother has felt the results of birth.

Who's to say that you didn't lie about your abortion excuse, either? You can't draw the line because people will always find ways to circumnavigate this line as well just to get an abortion.

I believe after a certain point you shouldn't be allowed to get abortions. That's where the line is. You had like 6 months at LEAST to make a decision, and now it's pretty much guaranteed alive and stuff.
I also believe that abortion is one of the more trivial topics to focus on these days, what with a waning economy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SonicThrust
post Apr 15 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 10 047

Active Squad

I am pro-choice.

There are many situations, as mentioned above, where most women would likely choose to have an abortion and I believe they should have that right. I agree that it has to be an all or nothing decision. There is no way to make rules over who can get an abortion and who cannot.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nebz5
post Apr 15 2009, 11:13 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 265

my team

I think it should be allowed but only in certain cases and shouldnt be allowed after 5-6 months cuase then it just seems kinda pointless that you destroy it then. though i dont think people should over use it, should have a limit like only abortion some people might think that they might over use it trying to get an abortion every year or some crap like that. Over all people just need to learn to use a condom to prevent these things from happening.

--------------------
Pokemans
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post Apr 16 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #15

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

I agree with every single word KaiReddtail said. She put it better than I ever could have.

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

Zoreta
post Apr 16 2009, 12:07 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I wish it were as simple as 'you can not abort after X months,' but a woman might not now. Certain disorders mean a woman might have her period once or twice a year, and if she has an otherwise healthy lifestyle, the side effects might not affect her as strongly. Weird cravings come from an unbalanced diet, and sleeping late comes from needing more rest. If she is otherwise healthy, she might not know.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zoe
post Apr 16 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #17

CLEAN CUP, CLEAN CUP! MOOOOVE DOWN.
Group Icon

Member No.: 76

Active Squad

I heard about a woman who wanted a child, but the foetus was putting her life at risk, and she would eventually die if she didn't have an abortion.

I think a woman should have the right to choose. It's her body after all, as Kai said.

--------------------

If you're going to click only once, please click one of these :>

I click back

DA | The pits of hell.
+Quote Post

Mimiqui
post Apr 16 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 453

Wishlist

The question shouldn’t be ‘should abortion really be allowed’, it should be do you really have the right to try and tell someone else what to do with their body.
I’m strongly pro choice, because no one else can tell me what I can do to my body. If I want to get pregnant at the age of eighteen, I will. And no, I’m not going to cross my legs and wait until I’m married. If I want an abortion I’m going to get it, I don’t care if it’s ‘murder’.
(And no, lol its not murder, a fetus is a parasite, sucking the nutrients out of a mother.)
Rape is a poor exception; the number of rape victims getting abortions is a very low number. There are many, many good reasons for people to have an abortion, if you took the time out of your precious day to look them up, that’d be great. – u –
People have probably said stuff along the lines of that before me, but whatever. I’m tired and I’m not reading the other posts. XDD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chrona
post Apr 16 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 052

Active Squad

No matter what, abortion is still killing. with the exeption of rape.

How does that make sense, WHATSOEVER?

So a woman is allowed to kill what's living inside her if she was raped, but not if it was anything else? Not if the condom broke, etc?

It's disgusting to know that you put so little value on both the fetus and the woman, since you'd make exceptions only in some circumstances but see it as murder in others.

It's the woman's body. The fetus has no right to it, and if it dies while being taken out than so be it.

--------------------

<-- Click here to join TPPA, an online Pokemon RPG =D
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Apr 16 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #20

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I'm fine with people... "doing" abortion, but I'm against it.

If you can't take care of the baby, then I think you should give it away to adoption or something like that.
Just because you got pregnant for an upsetting reason (such as rape, or a teen pregnancy) that doesn't mean a human being shouldn't live a full life.

I'm not saying you should keep it, I'm just saying that there's more options out there other than abortion.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: Apr 28 2009, 12:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

44 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:39 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.