Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Nocturnal Hunt
Kranic
post Apr 4 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #21

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

The walk back was a tad bit annoying.
Twenty minutes may have passed since Castor first left the meeting site.
Castor was foolish enough to choose the one pokemon he had that held no ability in creating a light with his journey in the forest, so now he had to find his way through the forest with only moonlight to guide him. He sighed as he tried to recall his memory of what ha passed, but to no avail as he was so leisurely uncaring during the beginning of his walk. He tried to think harder and harder as he walked in the opposite direction he originally walked. Nothing was coming to him.

"Hey Azure, you remember the way we came?"

The blue ball looked over towards it's owner, halting it's conversation it seemed to have with the shroomish. She thought for a few moments and shook her head, she wasn't exactly paying attention either.

Castor only replied with a sigh.

"Guh, I wish Virva or Icuru were here, one of them would have been bound to pay attention."

Castor soon returned to his internal thoughts as he walked off in his straight line.

Fortune favored Castor during this night, as he say a familiar body standing about, seemingly waiting for people to return. Castor gave a happy and relaxing sigh as he realized that the man was Govonnan. It seemed that when walking off Castor went in a completely straight line and by turning around, he followed his path perfectly. Indeed how fortunate it is that Castor wasn't foolish enough to take a turn.

"Sup Giovan-Govan- Erm, hey what was your name again?"

Castor approach lightheartedly with his two pokemon cheerfully following him.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Xal
post Apr 5 2010, 04:25 AM
Post #22

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

"Govannon." He sighed as the second boy made his way over, handing the pokéballs back to the pair of them. Although he'd not been at all interested in this little game he was slightly curious about what they'd caught and how they'd battle, even if only for the comedy value of it. It wasn't long before Malcolm came back too, and it looked as if it would soon be time for the battle to get under way.

"So, what did everyone get?" Govannon asked. He could see that a Duskull and a Shroomish had been caught, but Malcolm had returned alone. Either he'd failed miserably, which wouldn't surprise him, or the new catch was in its pokéball.

"I caught a Togepi. I was really trying to find its home but it doesn't seem to have one, so I guess it's staying with me." Malcolm explained. He still wasn't sure about putting it into battle though. He didn't even know what type Togepi was. Their battle would certainly be 'interesting', to say the least. All the same he sent him out from the pokéball and let him wander about. Togepi didn't look shy about being with the pokémon, not even the Charmeleon which was towering over her, which Malcolm saw as a good sign.

"Your pokédex was a great help." He added.

"All right then. So, I guess its time for you to battle. How do you want to do this?"

This post has been edited by Xal: Apr 28 2010, 03:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 5 2010, 12:39 PM
Post #23

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

It seemed Douken was the first to arrive at their campsite, followed by Castor then Malcolm, each person getting their team back as they came in. Duskull waved to the others, trying to hide her temptation to try and scare them away.

Looking at the others, he noticed the new addition of Caster's seeming to be the Grass Type, Shroomish. He wasn't all that worried, but what did worry him a little was the Togepi that was released. From what Duskull told him, all he had was one ghost attack and a normal attack which wouldn't be that effective on finishing off an enemy. Seeing the enemies, he began to write out a battle plan in his head.

"First off, we need to make sure everyone is in 100% condition, so a moment to let them recover would be good as we clear this area open. As for the battle, the conditions are there: a triple battle, last man standing style. Each trainer must use only one Pokemon, me with Duskull, Malcolm with Togepi, and... uh... what's-his-face other there with Scroomish, since these are all new catches."

How he named Castor made Duskull chuckle, saying, "You planned this out without knowing who everyone is?" even if everyone just heard her repeat her name.

"Well, he never did introduce himself," he replied back before looking at the others. "So take this time to recover your team and ready a strategy, cause this battle is going to be interesting to say at least..."

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Apr 11 2010, 01:37 PM
Post #24

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Castor growled as he heard his name intentionally skipped.

"Name's Castor!"

He boomed, insuring that everyone in the area could hear him, very clearly. He then turned back to his pokemon to consult them a little, a little bothered by the darkness, he released both his Charmander and Mareep to light the area a little bit more.

The two pokemon came as they naturally would and looked over to see a familiar Marill cheerfully playing with an unfamiliar Shroomish, they looked over to Castor confused.

"Yeah, that guy over there is a part of the party now, we will be calling his Kaize or just Kai for short."

The two pokemon greeted the Shroomish and took some time to get an understanding of what was going on. Once they had a pretty basic relationship, Castor proceeded to call over his mushroom pokemon.

"Alright, now, Kai you will be partaking in a battle soon, alright? It'll be against that Duskull and Togepi over there."
Castor pointed over towards the two respective pokemon. The shroomish just nodded along, curious to see how being under a trainer's command will help him in battle, after his embarrassing lost to the Marill and the shiny shroomish not too long ago. It was saddening to think back to his pass, he shrugged it off and looked up happily ot Castor.

Castor noticed the look of excitement in the pokemon's face, but furthermore, he also noticed that the pokemon had a lack of esteem, it seemed like he had a small doubt in mind.

"...he probably doesn't think he can win..."

Castor returned to look over to the two pokemon that his shroomish was going to fight. The original idea was that it would be an all out battle, a 1v1v1, however, it doesn't seem like this would help shroomish's confidence that much. Instead, he should fight both of them, one on one.

"Hey, guys!"

Castor boomed out again, interrupting any planning that may have been underway.

"I don't think we should do this battle."

Castor soon continued.

"Atleast, not in this way."

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 17 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

PANE

When Castor glared at him when he told him his name, Douken shrugged it off, saying, "Can't call you my name if we don't know it," Duskull chuckling afterwords in amusement. However, when the idea of the triple battle being shot down suddenly, he felt like he had to ask, "Oh? Then what do you have in mind then?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Apr 20 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #26

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Well~I was considering a tournament type battle. We all fight each other one and one after each other, so I fight you and that guy over there, and you two fight. It'll still be three on three, but or pokemon will be able to have a little more spotlight against each other and some other stuff."

Castor went on with his thought, trying to keep his reasoning a little bit secret. He didn't want to let his shroomish think he was too soft.

"We can still use the pokemon we caught against each other to let them get some experience, but I think it'll be able to help them feel, erm. I think it'll be able to give them a little more individual experience."

He trailed on.

"So, my shroomish against your duskull and then my shroomish against his togepi, then the duskull and togepi can fight."

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Xal
post Apr 22 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #27

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

"That sounds fine to me. What about you, Togepi?" Malcolm asked, looking around him for his new pokémon's approval.

"Togepi?" He asked, failing to find him.

During their discussion about the battle Togepi had disappeared from sight.

"He's probably gone home. You shouldn't worry about him, Togepi's lasted this long on his own so he'll carry on surviving. And anyway, you yourself said that you didn't really mean to catch him." Govannon said, trying to comfort him.

"No, he can't be going home because he doesn't have one. He was alone when he hatched and he's been lone ever since. I've got to find him." He said, but not entirely sure how he knew all that.

"I'm sorry you two, but I won't be battling you today." Malcolm said as he ran off into the woods.

"I'd better go with him. Who knows what's out there." Govannon said, waving before him and his pokémon followed.

"Togepi? Where are you?" Malcolm shouted into the darkness. It was no use, he'd disappeared completely.

"I have an idea. Take your pokémon out." Govannon said. He released two of his own, Pikachu and Raichu, and Malcolm sent out Pikachu and Pidgey.

"Oh? When did you catch... wait, is that Pichu? How come you never said she evolved?" Govannon asked, Pikachu grinning broadly.

"It just slipped my mind I guess." Malcolm said hurriedly. He wasn't in the mood to talk about stuff like that, he needed to find Togepi. "What was your big plan?"

"Send them to look as well. We'll have more luck than just us on our own."

Togepi slumped down next to a tall, wide tree. He'd wandered away from Green Top but was starting to regret it. He just wanted to go for a short stroll but soon realised there was no way of getting back since he didn't know the way. It didn't really matter that much though, he was quite happy munching on her berry. He'd have liked to see the green topped human again but wasn't going to lose any sleep over it.

"Pi?" He whispered out into the shadows. There was a rustling coming from the bushes. It couldn't be another attack, could it? Now he was really regretting leaving Green Top, he himself might be able to fight off a small attack but his pokémon could fight off even stronger ones.

"Rai!" The rustle-maker called back to him, climbing out from the leaves. It was an orange pokémon, which looked a little similar to the one that was with the human. It tugged at his hand, and before long the pair of them were walking back through the woods. A dull light started to glow through the leaves, and he soon recognised the fiery red pokémon that was with the group of humans.

"Togepi, there you are!" Malcolm said, running forwards and picking him up when Raichu returned with Togepi. Govannon called out for the others to return, and within a minute the two Pikachus and Pidgey were back with them.

"Come on you lot, it's probably time we got some sleep." Malcolm said, recalling his pokémon as Govannon did the same. The pair of them started walking out of the woods, heading towards the nearest pokémon centre.

This post has been edited by Xal: Apr 28 2010, 03:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 22 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

PANE

*Thinking about what was offered, he only had one problem, fighting the Togepi. Either it would be a complete standstill, or Togepi knew another move to turn things in her favor, making Duskull block the move and stall for defeat. Either way, that match would of been a draw or loss for him.

However, when Malcolm realized the Egg Pokemon vanished, he decided to cut their time short to look for them. All Douken could say as they ran off was, "Take care..."

"That white guy must be important to that boy..." Duskull echoed into his head, seeing how she was still acting like a hat.

"Must be," he said aloud. "Same goes with me and all of you," he added. This made Duskull giggle and hug his head.

Turning back around to Castor, he told him, "Well then, looks like this thing can just be a one on one battle. Hope your Schroomish is ready..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Apr 22 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #29

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Castor shrugged as he saw that the boy with the togepi had to run off. It didn't really mean much to him, although it did slightly ruin his plan of boosting his pokemon's confidence, even though a single win would probably be great for the little shroomish. He watched quietly as he ran off.

He then turned to look at the remaining boy, to see him talking aloud to himself, he gave an odd stare, as the boy returned to talking to him. He quickly shook off his disgruntled face and quickly decided to just ask him about it later.

"Erm...Yeah, Right Kai?"

"Shroom, Shroom!"
The shroomish replied with a great deal of energy, jumping up and down with ever 'shroom'.

"Alright then, let's get ready!" Castor pulled his gloves on tighter and proceeded to point towards an open area in the forest. He and his shroomish walked, leaving his remaining pokemon to sit about, when the two finally got in their position, they noticed it was a little, dark.

"Ergh. You mind if I have my Charmander and Mareep Light up the battle field a little?"

He said, pointing over towards the two who seemed to be the main source of light, asides from the moonlight.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 26 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

PANE

Douken followed the other boy to the clearing. Looking around, he examined the terrain, checking the trees around them and the light given by the moon. When he asked about extra lighting from his Pokemon, Douken shook his head, saying, "A trainer, like his Pokemon, must be able to adapt to any terrain. Just as these guys have dealt with the darkness, so must we." When that was finished, Duskull lifted from his head before hovering in front of the duo.

Taking off his glasses for a moment, he huffed on them before rubbing the lenses against his shirt. "Now then, to be sure of rules, it will be one on one. Last one standing wins. Recalling for recovery is out of the question. Now then, I will let you open the match off."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post May 14 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #31

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

OoC (click to show)

"Whatever you say~"

Castor shrugged with his opponents request and proceeded to return his two light baring pokemon, leaving his Marill to watch the battle alongside him. His face looked over to his Shroomish and gave him a nod, the Shroomish gave a likewise nod back.

"Alright, just keep in mind the short talk we had before the battle … start out with leech seed!"

Castor yelled out his command and soon took his post to leave the rest of the work to the Shroomish. In response, the Shroomish acted as it should and shot a seed from the top of its bulby head directing towards the Duskull.

The seed landed upon the Ghost Pokemon's mask, opening up to wrap it with vines, slowly draining away at his energy. "Don't think a small attack like that would place some impact upon my attack. Now, Duskull, show him your Night Shade!" A dark energy formed around her before a shape that mimicked her body fired from the mask, heading for the Grass-Type Pokemon. "If you are unsure about Night Shade power, I will tell you its equivalent to her level. Which means I can deal a constant stream of consistent damage to your Shroomish. With that known, let's hope you got a plan to take care of that..."

"Whatever, whatever, Leach Seed does just about the same thing, except of course, Shroomish is healing~ let’s go Kai!"

The Shroomish took the hit dead on, not too hurt from the attack, but he did indeed feel the damage. The Shroomish then puffed up a bit of energy into its spore on top of its head and ran directly underneath the Duskull to use quick stun spore and then rolled into the bushes to hide away. The leech seed began to come into effect as some green balls of energy flew from the Duskull and fell into the ground, to fly back up under where the Shroomish was standing; both leaving the Shroomish hidden away from the Duskull, while still healing the shroomish and damaging the Duskull.

"I see. So you are going to try hit and run, then? Well, from what I saw, my Night Shade can pull of more damage than your little seed. However, standing in the open is one way to get hit. Let’s go, Duskull!" With that said, Duskull's body got covered in the dark aura once more, launching another mimicked shape at the small plant. However, it took longer to charge, showing signs that she got paralyzed. "You alright, girl?" he asked, the ghost nodding, showing that she would not give up that easily.

The green balls once again plopped from the Duskull and returned to the ground, healing the Shroomish again. The Shroomish took advantage of the moment of paralysis and quickly hide itself deeper in the shrubs, moving around as quickly as it could in the plants. The shrubs could easily be seen moving, revealing the Shroomish locate. Suddenly, the shrubs stopped, leaving one place for the Shroomish to be. A rock flew from this spot, directly at the Duskull, the shrubs then began to move again, in two opposite directions.

"Duskull, don't let it leave your sights! Use Foresight!" Struggling from the mist before, Duskull tried to strengthen her focus, her eye glowing like a dying flashlight as it gazed at one of the splits, and then back at the other before the beam broke, and the ghost dropping from her position thanks to what was going through her system. However, it still meant the Shroomish's chances of hiding were reduced, seeing how she now had a vague idea of where the little guy was.

The energy again flew from the Duskull returning to the ground, the Shroomish healed again.
Castor watched fearfully as he saw that his Shroomish wouldn't be able to easily hide from the Duskull, his plan wasn't working out too well. It was time for plan B.

"Not good, Not good, alright, Shroomish, go ahead and use absorb!"

The Shroomish was able to clearly receive his owner's request and jumped from the bushes, Shroomish was now glowing a bright green. The glowing light focused into a ray and flew towards the Duskull, hitting it directly. The green surrounded the pokemon and damaged her, then it recollected itself into a single ray and flew back to the Shroomish, healing him once again.

Douken sneered at the strategy he had going. As the seed tried to take away her health, he would try to take it away himself. And with Duskull paralyzed, hitting would seem a bit troublesome. However, if push came to shove, he had a backup move ready. "Duskull, Night Shade once more!" However, the paralysis she suffered from made it difficult for her to even conjure up her attacking mirage.

Shroomish prepared to be hit by the Duskull's attack, but was surprise to be unharmed by anything, he took a quick sigh and gained more health from the returning green energy he then redirected his attention to his trainer.

"Alright Shroomish, let's just give up on this little hiding war. Let's just fight full force!"
Castor yelled out to his pokemon in the shining moonlight. The Shroomish grinned as he heard the command.

"Shroo!"
The Shroomish once again began to glow green with him powerful pout.
"Mish!"
The Shroomish then blew another blast of green energy to get more energy from his opponent.

"Duskull's health is getting low, but she told me to hold up on using that move... Flashing back, he remembered talking to Duskull about a specific move."

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 15 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

PANE

Duskull's health is getting low, but she told me to hold up on using that move... Flashing back, he remembered talking to Duskull about a specific move.
Before the battle (click to show)
Now could be the right moment, but she looks like she can still last a couple more blows... but maybe while I get ready, I can throw him off my tracks.

"Now Duskull, use Disable!" With the command, his eye glowed blue, surrounding the Shroomish's body, sealing away the Absorb skill he was playing with. "And don't think about hiding. We can still find you with Foresight."

Douken saw a mischievous grin grow on Castor's face.It was as if he was expecting it, as if he had something ready.

"Finally figured to use that move, huh," Castor stated with a smug voice. "Took you forever. Kai, you know what to do."

"Shroom~"
Another wave of green energy returned to the shroomish, healing him yet again. The shroomish replied taking a good step back from the duskull, focusing his attention towards the opposing pokemon. He gave a second quick taunt and proceeded to a collection of...rocks?

Apparently during his little hit and run session, the Pokemon had been picking up some small pebbles, as ammunition for when he wouldn't be allowed to use absorb anymore. Castor originally intended to not use the move at all, but it seemed that after the first absorb, Douken wasn't even considering using disable, letting him get a second attack in. All good for him to be honest.

"Alright Kaize, do your thing~"

To be honest, it was amusing to watch the small bulb try to attack by kicking the stones at the floating target. With no legs to give power, it looked more like he was rolling the stones, no where the height of to reach the Requiem Pokemon. Still, it seemed more like he was waiting out the clock that is Leech Seed, since it still kept draining out the energy of his Duskull. Now to give me an edge! "Duskull, I know you said not to rely on it, but you need it to turn the tables. Show that bulb your special attack! Use Pain Split!!" It was all or nothing here. If the paralysis worked, he would be too stunned to react and the seed would take the rest of her strength.

That was not the case. Duskull was surrounded by a green energy which shot at the bulb, grasping it, and surrounding him in the same energy. It was them, that Duskull transferred the damage she took. "Now I doubt either of us will be back to full health, but at least the field shall be evened up. As we speak, Duskull is giving your Shroomish the pain he gave her until they each feel the same amount of damage. And with your absorb out of reach, its pretty much over..." However, Duskull didn't seem all that well. That's right, she isn't fully used to using a move uncommon to Duskull. It must use a lot more energy than a Pokemon who knows it naturally.

His mind flashed back to when he was a lot younger, training his Croagunk and Seel with their unique moves, remembering how long it took them to adapt to the move so it would be natural. They used it many times, so they adapted. However, this Duskull told me she only used it once. She just can't handle it at her strength. "Duskull, I think that's enough," he said, calling the tired ghost back. She didn't look like she had the strength to move, though, as her body drooped lower to the forest floor.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post May 15 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #33

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Shroomish took the hit, but regained a little bit of his health from the leech seed, still retaining his advantage. He looked at the Duskull and saw that it was abnormally worn. Having experienced what it was like to be hit by a Pain Split before, he knew that was something wrong with the attack, but he understood that it wasn't his place to speak out at the moment. He looked over towards the two trainers as the duskull was called back.

"What are you doing!"

Castor yelled out to the boy, seeing that he decided to call back his pokemon. It was a little unreasonable to just call back his pokemon just because it became worn from it's own attack. He continued with his thoughts, as he spoke aloud.

"We are still in a battle, you can't really just send your pokemon back, just becuase they are a little tired. We have to keep fighting till one of our pokemon faint, that's the first rule to a pokemon battle!"

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 15 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

PANE

"And the first rule of a Trainer is to make sure their team members are alright!" Douken snapped back.

Taking a hold of the ghost, she said, "I told you I wasn't ready to use it..." but in Castor's ears, it would of just been like, "Duskull Du skull skull...."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just thought at the rate we were going, we could of used it as a turn-around. Looks like poor judgment on my end. Sorry about that." Once he finished talking to the Requiem, he looked at Castor and said, "Sorry, but things didn't go as I thought. She couldn't control that move all that well. Took too much energy from her and didn't perform to its fullest extent. If it did, then things may of been a bit different. Even if she is stunned, you would still have to wait for Absorb to kick back in, right? Otherwise, you wouldn't of had to resort to a back-up plan like that..."

He then got up and took her to his bag, which he opened up and searched around inside until he grabbed three berries, two Sitris and a Cheri. He tossed one of the Sitris to Castor and said, "I think we can call this your win for me surrendering," before he went to feed his Duskull the Cheri.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post May 16 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #35

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Shroomish let out a strong puff, realizing that the battle was done and he was apparently deemed victor. Victorious, the shroomish let the leech seed's effect die off and proceeded to turn to walk to Castor. When it finally turned it was quickly tackled by Castor's Marill whom jumped from her trainer's shoulders and went over to congratulate the mushroom pokemon. The two played for a little from that point.

Castor caught the berry, but quickly threw it back to Douken. He didn't bother in explaining what he had done and proceeded to walk away.

"Come on Kai, Azure."

The two pokemon stopped with their frolicking and readied themselves to follow Castor.

"Alright Douken, I'll be leaving now. Probably head off to Mt. Carello to train. See you around."

Castor began to walk off with his pokemon who were still happily playing with each other. He then stopped to say one final thing.

"You won't always be able to run away from scary situations, anyways goodbye."

Castor hadn't bothered to turn around and spoke while facing away from Douken. Castor then continued to walk, lifting his right hand up and putting his left hand in his pocket, signifying a goodbye.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post May 16 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

PANE

Douken caught the tossed back berry as he watched Castor head off. His focus was kept on him until Duskull started to spazz out. "Too spicy!!" she complained, but only made him laugh.

"Well, you do feel better now, right?" Duskull thought about it before realizing she felt like her body could move easier with the paralysis out of her system before going to eat the Sitris. "C'mon, we should rest up. Come morning, we shall leave." Nodding in response after enjoying the juicy berry, Douken returned her to her Pokeball and rolled out his sleeping bag that rested on his bag before going to sleep, a curious Rattata or two popping up at night to sniff him curiously as he slept on.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.