Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
89 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
HAPPY NEW YEAR COMMUNITY THREAD!, Check the 2nd post for a small update on the egg distribution!
Jen
post Dec 31 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

January Community Thread!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Here's to an AMAZING 2016!

The December Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!
Monthly Raffle

Nominations are now gone, and I'm using post count to determine how many entries you have into the raffle. The first 19 posts you have will count as one entry, and every ten after that will count as an extra. Think of it as the first number of your post count is how many entries you have. To see what your post count is, click on the number of replies any certain thread has. Nothing else on the site will influence the amount of entries you receive, so if you'd like a chance to win, then post here frequently!

The raffle is what chooses who gets to choose what's in next month's egg distribution. There are no other site advantages other than that, and even then the whole site gets a chance at that Pokémon that you chose!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 31 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

January Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x egg was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until April.
  9. The event runs at 4 p.m. server time.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • January 2nd: This Pokémon dwells in a cold mountainous region ~ Alpine Meowth ~ 350 eggs
  • January 3rd: Xerneas - Winner: Jade - 350 eggs
  • January 4th: Winter has come! Do you feel it? ~ Snowy Girafarig ~ 350 eggs
  • January 5th: Latias - Winner: Luneon - 350 eggs
  • January 6th: Cobalion - Winner: CobaltComm - 350 eggs
  • January 7th: He was made of snow, but the Pokémon know, how he came to life one day ~ It is a mystery ~ 350 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

InsaneMoments
post Dec 31 2015, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Hidden in the shadows of death
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 15 213

Active Squad

Xerneas <3 Happy new year everyone! I hope that you all will have a great 2016/had a good 2015

Ill be staying in with the family tonight so its gunna be quite boring for me. Anyone else out/coming back ni from New years plans?

This post has been edited by InsaneMoments: Dec 31 2015, 11:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Dec 31 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #4

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 532

My Pokemans

Man December was a crazy whirl. Hello January and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Dec 31 2015, 11:58 PM
Post #5

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Happy New Year everyone!

Really looking forward to starting 2016 off fresh, hopefully with brand new shinies! Excited to see what is available for the Raffle, might get the first day or the second day.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Dec 31 2015, 11:59 PM
Post #6

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

Happy new year! I hope everyone's enjoying it safely.

I'm gonna try to be healthier and find a new hobby that I can actually do. I've wanted to do archery for a while, but getting to an archery range is another story... so I'll look into that, and try to find something else if it isn't feasible. Hope everyone accomplishes their resolutions!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
Post #7

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Happy New Year to all the beautiful people of GPX+! I hope that 2016 will bring you much joy and health and wealth and success and all that good stuff. happy.gif

It's also my birthday month. Wheee! Er, I'm not excited about my birthday, but I guess it's still a good thing on this site?

I do love January. Mmmmm.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

ToxicSociopath
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 208 302

Active Squad

Happy New Years all ! I hope your years was great, and I hope the next one is even better~
Can't wait for what's in store on the site o3o

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Jan 1 2016, 12:00 AM
Post #9

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

Welcome 2016! Hopefully, it'll be a joyful new year ahead. As a customary saying - Please take care of me! ^_^.gif

So,for the new year's exploration I'll be trying out Beneath the Frozen Forest and maybe Guardian or Protecting the Fragile. I needed a Kyurem soon (due to the newly gained Dark and Light Stone tongue.gif)

Also for monthly distribution, I may go for Xerneas or maybe the final pokemon to be announced. First mystery looks like Articuno. The second? Maybe, Winter Vulpix?

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jan 1 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #10

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Uh, Jen, we can't go back to December. (The second post says December instead of January)

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Reservoir
post Jan 1 2016, 12:02 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 161 762

Fanatic

How is it already the New Year?? D;
Well, I hope it's a good one. I haven't been happy with where I am in life; so, I'm really hoping to see some changes/improvements/nice opportunities. I'd like to feel like I'm moving forward this year. I hope a good New Year for others! (:

I'm excited for the Exchange. This will be the first one that I've been around/active for. Unfortunately, I'm not too happy with my entry. I was hoping it would hatch with better IVs for whoever gets it. ;.;

--------------------
<333

GPX+:
VDex:
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
Post #12

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Oh, God, it's already January (though I've still got a few hours to go until December 31st is up in my timezone). This year went by pretty fast.

@Synx Itax: Well, happy birthday, if that means anything.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Happy New Year Everybody! While it is still 2 hours away for me, I figured I should jump on and say it now as I hope to be asleep (or immediately thereafter) once it begins. Might have to pick my eldest up from her friends house though so... we'll see. Hopefully someone there can give her a ride back home. We'll have to wait and see.

Meanwhile... Lucario got 2nd place so... that was a nice surprise. I was thinking it'd take 3rd so... 2nd was sweet. happy.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Jade
post Jan 1 2016, 12:04 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Happy new year everyone~~~~!

Also, I'm looking very suspiciously at this:

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Dec 31 2015, 05:14 PM) *
I will be opening trinkets submissions in a week or two for February trinkets only. Any others will be denied. There will be one more big batch of Trinkets. The thirteenth batch. (Though, I may call it the Last to avoid superstitions) This will come out in March. Then, I'll only be adding to the special batches throughout the year.

I called it last thread and I'm calling it again, new set of achievements will be allll about trinket completion.

And oh dear, look at that, I think I may have... won the raffle *gasp!*

Haha no really, it's a complete joy and honor, thank you Jen!!

Enjoy Xerneas everyone!

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Jan 1 2016, 12:04 AM
Post #15

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 532

My Pokemans

QUOTE(Dr Electric @ Dec 31 2015, 11:00 PM) *
Also for monthly distribution, I may go for Xerneas or maybe the final pokemon to be announced. First mystery looks like Articuno. The second? Maybe, Winter Vulpix?

I was thinking the first one might be Alpine Meowth myself. We'll see fairly soon either way!

Looks like my Mega Metagross scored first place and netted me an iron shard. Woo!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vibrancy
post Jan 1 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 512

Active Squad

Happy New Year, everybody! I hope this year treats all of you well! Let's keep having more fun on here, too~

--------------------

+Quote Post

BBD
post Jan 1 2016, 12:06 AM
Post #17

I really like coffee.
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 787

Darkness..

Happy new year everyone! Hope you will have the best year ever.

--------------------

If you want to shiny race, PM me or just send a race request wink.gif
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Jan 1 2016, 12:07 AM
Post #18

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jan 1 2016, 10:31 AM) *
Uh, Jen, we can't go back to December. (The second post says December instead of January)

What if we are handed the eggs on December this year? tongue.gif

EDIT: Pokehunts, right. Shiny Metagross gave me a surprise 3rd place and (unsurprisingly) Unique Entry achievement.

This post has been edited by Dr Electric: Jan 1 2016, 12:09 AM

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Jan 1 2016, 12:08 AM
Post #19

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Member No.: 795

porgeymins

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jan 1 2016, 12:01 AM) *

no it doesn't oh.gif

(thanks for pointing that out)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Jan 1 2016, 12:10 AM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Happy New Year, everyone! Man, I won't be sorry to see 2015 go. Here's hoping this is a better one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

89 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.