Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Secret Santa Exchange 2023
Jen
post Nov 27 2023, 05:51 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Secret Santa Exchange

The Secret Santa Exchange will be open for deposits on Friday, December 22 until Sunday, December 24th! Please note that your party will be locked to a maximum of 5 after you've deposited, to ensure you have a space available when the exchange runs. This will negatively affect your ability to perform in the current coin event, so keep that in mind in case you want to wait until shortly before the deposits close (reset on Sunday, the 24th).

The exchange itself will happen after 11:55pm EST on December 24th. Depending on our availability, it will likely be hours later, or the next afternoon, but the ability to deposit will be disabled closer to reset.

Some reminders (and notes for newcomers):
  • You can only enter ONE Pokémon in the exchange and you will not be able to undo your choice.
  • The Pokémon will immediately be converted into an egg of its BASE form, again meaning you cannot undo your choice.
  • When the exchange runs after reset (on the night of Sunday, December 24th), your Pokémon's egg will be given to someone else, and you will receive an egg from another person OF EQUAL RARITY.
  • Rarity is dex rarity, not how "rare" you perceive it to be by availability on the site.
  • Rarity is by BASE rarity. This means submitting certain novelties, such as a MEGA or some other Novelty evolution, will likely have a NON-NOVELTY base rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare). A Mega Charizard would be a regular Charmander. Snowman Froakie would be a regular Froakie. A Winter Vulpix, however, would be considered a Novelty and would be given as a Winter Vulpix egg.
  • Summonable legendaries are in their own rarity grouping, rather than with all legendaries (Very Rare). This means submitting a Ho-oh, Lugia, etc, will get you an equivalent summonable legendary back; you will not get something like an Articuno.
  • Ultra Beasts are also in their own rarity grouping.
  • Novelties are allowed again, except for: any Zygarde and Magikarp (the color novelties).
  • Additional Pokémon that are not allowed: Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Meltan, Melmetal, Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, all Zygarde.
  • Submitting a SHINY means you will get a shiny in return, of equal rarity.
  • THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT, NOR THAT YOU WILL EVEN GET SOMETHING THAT YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE (although giving you something not already in your dex is the primary objective, but depending on how many people enter, and which Pokémon are entered, and how full your dex is, this may not have a 100% success rate)
  • YOUR PARTY LIMIT WILL BE DECREASED TO 5 UNTIL THE EVENT ENDS, TO ENSURE YOU HAVE A SPOT OPEN IN YOUR PARTY FOR YOUR NEW EGG. Keep this in mind in case you want to wait until the 24th to deposit your Pokémon.
  • The exchange script will prioritize users based on their December 24th activity — those who were more active that day will be first to get an exchange Pokémon, which helps ensure they get something new.
  • We might not be available precisely at reset on the 24th, which means the actual exchange will take place later that night if not the next afternoon. Just an FYI.
This thread will be open for replies after the actual exchange happens.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 21 2023, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Hi all, I've opened the Secret Santa Exchange for entries a little early.

Please remember that by submitting a Pokémon, your party limit will be reduced from 6 to 5, to ensure you have a space available for the new egg you'll receive on Christmas Day. You have until the night of Christmas Eve (December 24th at 11:55pm EST) to submit something, if you wish to wait (how early/late you submit does not factor in to what you might receive).

For any other details, check the initial post above this one.

Happy holidays!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Myou
post Dec 25 2023, 02:36 PM
Post #3

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

Looks like the event script ran successfully. Thank you to pumpkinking0192 for my (I'm assuming) Shiny Yveltal and congrats to Meraval for getting my Shiny Magearna.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Dec 25 2023, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Thank you brentboho24 for a shiny Sinistea! Hope my Illumise serves you well, whoever received it!! grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Dec 25 2023, 04:44 PM
Post #5

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Thank you lpfan1212 for my shiny Poliwag! I'm thinking about keeping this one as a Poliwhirl. As usual, forgot to bookmark my outgoing shiny, but I hope whoever got the Rolycoly enjoys it! It was genuinely an extra I had no use for and not an intentional coal joke. xD.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

PuppyToast
post Dec 25 2023, 05:17 PM
Post #6

Part of this Complete Breakfast
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 19 787

Active Squad

Thanks to Purrolina for my Shiny Pineco!

Obviously the Secret Santa has run its course, on behalf of Zerxer here are the stats of what went out:

There were 602 Pokémon exchanged.

Of those, there were 524 successful exchanges that were new dex entries for the new owners, and 78 exchanges that were not new entries.

There were 42 more entries than last year, with 42 more successful exchanges, beating out both 2022 and 2021 in numbers, wow!

Thank you for another successful year!

--------------------
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 25 2023, 07:42 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

Thank you Puppytoast for sharing the stats from this year's exchange. It sounds like many pokemon found happy new trainers.

I know I am very happy with the Sh. Fossil Shieldon I received from x Luna and hope Kwarkpudding's enjoys the Sh. Winter Vulpix. Now to see if I can hatch something fun for next year...

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Dec 25 2023, 08:05 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

I have most of the pokemon i think, besides legendaries and maybe some "Special" Pokemon. So i wasn't expecting much

Gave out a Spare Heart eevee and got MissingNo.

Already had it so i'm one of the 78.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delcatty
post Dec 25 2023, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 688

Active Squad

Thank you to Gwineira for my new Shiny (Pudgy) Pidgey (which will be a Pidgeot as soon as windy weather rolls around)! I can't believe I didn't have a shiny pidgey entry, and I'm so glad to have saved myself a novelty voucher on the cute little pudgy baby. I love it, thank you. ♥

--------------------

I did it.
+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Dec 26 2023, 06:30 AM
Post #10

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

I got a cool shiny Lunatone from Raida, while my shiny Riolu went to HowToGetToSesameStreet happy.gif

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

ChrisChin94
post Dec 26 2023, 10:25 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 640

Active Squad

Thank you to hoofpeet for the shiny pinchurchin! Hope whoever got Piplup needed it. This is my first time on GPX in 10 years so I'm very glad this community is still active.

Happy Holidays everyone!
+Quote Post

Crysta Blade
post Dec 27 2023, 12:46 PM
Post #12

Shooty Refutey
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 574

Active Squad

I got a Shiny Eevee! Thank you, laurel404! And I sent out a blue mooooon: a Shiny Miltank which was given to Anwen.

--------------------

Dangan Ronpa sig pic by me. Bases from here.
My Dangan Ronpa 1, 2 and some Another Episode sprites are also available in avatar size!
3DS Friend Code: 1177-7801-6992. Friend Safari is Psychic with Abra, Espurr and Xatu. If you add me, let me know!
+Quote Post

Dystohpia
post Dec 27 2023, 03:26 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 265 907

Porygon

Exchange was awesome! Received a shiny Bulbasaur from HowToGetToSesameStreet, and sent out a shiny Porygon to Mirall! c:
+Quote Post

Gwineira
post Dec 28 2023, 02:07 PM
Post #14

Derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 475

Luv<3

QUOTE(Delcatty @ Dec 26 2023, 04:33 AM) *
Thank you to Gwineira for my new Shiny (Pudgy) Pidgey (which will be a Pidgeot as soon as windy weather rolls around)! I can't believe I didn't have a shiny pidgey entry, and I'm so glad to have saved myself a novelty voucher on the cute little pudgy baby. I love it, thank you. ♥

I'm glad to hear it!! I had my fingers crossed hoping it will be possible to turn it pudgy when I sent it in for an extra surprise in the common shiny pool. Happy to have saved you a voucher or a very long and tedious hunt. You're very welcome!

And thank you Tround for the shiny Oricorio! ♥

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.