Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
RP Grading
Rating 5 V
ZapdosZulu Hunte...
post Jul 14 2013, 07:41 AM
Post #201

Hunter from ZapdosZulu
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 681

Sebastian West

After 7 long months The Beauty & The Bad-Boy is finally complete!

Jill and Sebastian both started off their journeys in Port Barley as they abruptly met whilst Sebastian unleashed some anger onto a wild Krabby. Jill's natural instincts of protection allowed her to help out the Krabby whilst also teaching Sebastian a lesson on who to pick on. Clearly in a bad mood Sebastian went on the search for some training dummies, instead he found a Totodile which has an obsession with chewing on its own tail, in the end Sebastian captured the Totodile. Meanwhile Jill had her belongings stolen by a duo of cronies. Sebastian was nearby and willing to help on one condition, he get a rematch battle against her. After successfully defeating the cronies and retrieving Jill's belongings the two healed their Pokemon at the Pokemon Center before there rematch battle on the beach. In the end Sebastian won the battle and realized that Jill had taught him a lesson to think things through more. Sebastian and Jill parted ways as Sebastian purchased TM X-Scissor from a nearby TM stall at Port Barley wharf.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 16 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #202

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

The Beauty and the Bad Boy

Sincere apologies for not getting to this in a very timely manner. I've been goin' through some stuff, but anyway, on to the comments!

The story was fun. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and seeing them interact with pokemon. It's definitely interesting to see Sebastian being such an unforgiveable bad-guy towards the beginning. And had a nice redemption story with Jill.

I'm glad that you added Jill kicking the shorter dude, because up to that point, I just kept thinking that she was too much of a damsel in distress for my liking. She loses the fight initially (not really a fight) then gets Sebastian to win the next fight, and just sits and watches. But you added that little point of badassery, which was nice, though it WAS a bit forced. Especially with only two people in the RP, try to give both characters an important role in fighting the antagonist/s. Jill kicking the smaller guy was more of an afterthought, but like I said, I'm glad you added it in.

Onto the robbers themselves - They were boring. You created this stereotypical duo, who were just downright mean for no reason. I mean they beat the shit out of some girl who they didn't even know. When you create villains this evil, it's too easy to take them down. There's no real moral ambiguity there, but you've created the opportunity by making Sebastian a character entirely capable of making hard decisions. It wasn't really a hard decision to beat these two up, though. It was easy to do, and there was no reason not to.

Another thing to bring up, is I'm not entirely sure I like bolding or italisizing all the dialogue. It just seems a little unnecessary and kind of removes the impact of it.

Sebastian West (click to show)

Jill Cortoma (click to show)

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 25 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #203

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

In the Shadows is complete! (Here's one for you, Yzarc!)

Participants:
Living Arrow as Darryn Kellor and Lyla Moore
Kamaitachi as Cesc Rojas
Master Houndoom as Branwys Muphenz

Summary (click to show)
Key Notes (click to show)

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Sep 25 2013, 04:54 PM
Post #204

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

I'll take it!

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Oct 26 2013, 12:46 AM
Post #205

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

In the Shadows

Okay guys, I know I took a while to get back to you. Hopefully it'll have been worth the wait.

First thing I wanna say, is the overall plot was great. The tone was really well done throughout the entire RP - The mystery combined with fear in the early stages as the group explored the house, and then the adventurous part as the team goes out into the woods. Then the realization that they're dealing with something so powerful they might not stand a chance.

I think the only thing that would have really sealed it for me would be if someone actually died. But I totally understand why you didn't want to go in that direction.

Another thing I really loved is how split the team got. The rule for survival in scary stories is to never split up the party, ever ever, but the rule for writing them is to always split up the party, every time, never keep them together. It's interesting seeing how various pokemon and people act around each other in one-on-one situations, or by themselves.

Lyla and Darryn, aside from the initial battle between he and Cesc, had very little interaction with Branwys and Cesc. I'm not putting the blame on Darryn by any means, it's not his fault he's a third wheel. But, fortunately, he's a very important third wheel, since he's basically party leader. He was the Harry to their Ron and Hermione. That said, I still would have liked to see more interaction between the players. I understand why it didn't happen, but I still disagree.

I wanna talk about pokemon text/speech for a second, because I have a few concerns about what we're doing with it. For starters, MH, you GOTTA stay away from bright yellow text. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of colored text in the first place. I don't believe it really has a positive impact on the reader, but I understand it's fun to do as a writer. Not gonna tell you to stop using colors for speech, but pls no yellow text. team, pls.

Another thing to bring up is the accents that a few pokemon (Dimo and Romeo) seem to have. This is something I actually sat back and had to think to myself about. I understand why, conceptually, the accents are there. It's a neat way of adding some character to the pokemon. But it really just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, they're not speaking English anyway, the whole pokemon speech thing is a translation into English by you, the writer. So why are you translating it in to something which is so hard to read?

And honestly, it really bothers me that pokemon of different species can perfectly understand one another, even moreso than a pokemon and its trainer (unless its trainer is a psychic I guess). How can Dimo communicate more effectively with Romeo than with Branwys? It doesn't make sense. This isn't on you guys. It's canon, I get that. But it's stupid. It's like saying "Everything that isn't like us is basically the same," which is problematic.

Anyway, let's get to the good stuff. I'm not gonna go into too much individual detail per player at this point, since I went kinda ham in the first part.

Darryn (click to show)

Branwys (click to show)

Cesc (click to show)

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Nov 3 2013, 09:48 PM
Post #206

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Changing of the Guard is finally complete!

Start Date: March 6, 2012
End Date: November 3, 2013
Length: 35 posts (as for the length of the individual posts, I'm not sorry :P)

Participants:

Master Houndoom - Jaima Kuonji (partner: Meiko Omura)
Umbrae Calamitas - Tuesday Berdison (partner: Reilly Coons)

Summary: Tuesday has split of from Meiko and Jaima to perform her first bit of official field work as a research assistant. While she travels with her pokemon, Meiko and Jaima attend a Pokemon Convention at Starfall Fields. When Tuesday is forced to send Dante to Professor Oak as a sort of time-out, she continues her travels with a partial new set of pokemon, learning more about their antics, prompting the search for a name rater for one. Meanwhile, Jaima and Meiko travel with some leisure after the PokeCon, enjoying each others company, rescuing random strangers, and finding themselves together at a wedding.

When Tuesday meets up with Reilly by chance upon the road, a battle with a tyrannitar sends them both into an underground cavern after the great reptile's earthquake attack. There, they wake up in a fantastical place, guests of the Fae King and Queen, who have called them for their help to slay a dragon, since that is what Reilly and Tuesday have done for years, traveling the world as dragonslayers.

Confusion, psychic brainwashing, failures and betrayals have the two fleeing the realm of the Fae, seeking aid in Anthro Town, a place that Tuesday had once planned to visit with Meiko, back when the girl was still alive.

A fact complicated by stumbling upon she and Jaima just outside of town. Once realizing that a psychic brainwashing has occurred, along with the kidnapping of Zorro, Tuesday's riolu, the four of them make their way back to the Fae Kingdom to right more than one wrong.

It won't be easy.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Nov 4 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #207

Group Icon

Changing of the Guard

No surprises here wink.gif

Tuesday 15/15 (click to show)
Jaima 15/15 (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Nov 26 2013, 05:17 PM
Post #208

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Gentle Grievings At Gigarte's Gym is finally done. It WAS supposed to be a simple thread, allowing new players to met up and get in some small brawls before going to see what they were getting themselves ready for: gym battles. However, Skyler and Hunter soon went MIA and Kazuki's computer crashed. yes, Me and Kazuki did have some issues at the beginning getting on, but it was mainly because of the network we were working on making us unable to get on, having to rely on hotspots to get connected.

However, what did went as planned was Douken's Gym Battle. Unfortunately, this turned into a loss for the Amazon as he wanted to see how well he could of done with a Dragon instead of his more experienced and versatile ghost. However, Douken was showing quite an unusual fainting spell on him. Maybe next time we can see why.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Nov 27 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #209

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

My Gigarte is neither grieving nor gentling very well...

First, the bad news: SWEDSH, BanalityPanda, and Shiro Azuma did not make the requisite amount of posts in order for me to properly give them levels. I realize real life happens, but there is a standard of 10 posts minimum to grade. Other than Douken, none of the others made that.

Now, for Douken: 15/15 (click to show)

Kamaitachi: ∞/∞ (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 16 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #210

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

It's been a year and a half for this RP, so I figured it was time to wrap it up. My apologies for the double post at the end, but I kinda hoped that three months between my last post and this one would somewhat forgive it.

That being said, I give you: The Baleful Beast of Beauteous Baccate Backcountry

Starring:
Elizabeth 'Liz' Nadira Shir- Current Levels
Mona Byrne- Current Levels
Walten Humme- Current Levels
Taggarty Lee- Current Levels
Adelaide Robinson - Current Levels

QUOTE(Notable Happenings)
Adelaide caught a Gastly. which ran away. Adelaide was supposed to catch a Joltik, but I don't think that ever happened. Adelaide befriended a Shiny Cranidos.
Tag catches a Mienfoo.
Tag's Tobi evolves into Ninetales.

QUOTE(A Summary)
A group of poachers using a cloud of Gastly to lure Pokemon away is encountered by the various travelers. Liz and Tag meet up as her Riolu, Ryan, is lured away. Walten stumbles across the duo looking for Liz's Pokemon, and reveals that his Klink has also gone missing. Finally, Adelaide joins the team, noting that her Mantyke is also missing. After an encounter with the Gastly group, the team decides to rest up at a Pokemon Center, resuming their search in the morning, while Tag has one of his Pokemon tracking.

In the morning, Tag and Adelaide set out to follow the trail, and assault the poacher base deep in the woods. The Pokemon are rescued, and they return to the Pokemon Center, victorious.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Mar 25 2014, 08:24 AM
Post #211

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Hello Beasties: Review of “The Baleful Beast of the Beauteous Baccate Backcountry”

This was probably the most eclectic bunch of people thrown together into an RP. Unfortunately, everyone seemed to be plagued with problems that killed the RP several times. Fun while it lasted.

Zapi only made two posts, so I didn’t have enough to grade.

Taggarty Lee- Kamaitachi (click to show)

Liz Shir- Dragonwish (click to show)

Adelaide Robinson- colourcodedchaos (click to show)

Walten Humme- Soos (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

7eeveelutions
post Apr 24 2014, 01:40 AM
Post #212

Squawk!
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Broken Stars has finally been wrapped up. First roleplay here on GTS+, I feel so accomplished!

It mainly starred Scott Carson and Cesc Rojas, with some posts from Tikal Faylen during the first half.

It started with Scott interrupting Cesc and Tikal from doing a battle, and progressed through a meeting with a Wild Absol that led the group to a Ranger Station that had been broken into, which led the group (minus Tikal) to a cave full of evolution stones that was guarded by poachers, ending with a battle with a Mega Absol before Cesc and Scott parted ways.

Cesc's Chimchar, Valentine, evolved into a monferno.gif

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Apr 25 2014, 07:49 AM
Post #213

Group Icon

Grading: Broken Stars

Hi all – Sorry for the wait. Looks like I got interrupted partway through reading and grading this thread so I forgot all about it. If I ever keep anyone waiting like that again, please PM to bug me. 
On another note… SO MANY BATTLES!

Cesc – 15/15 (click to show)

Scott – 14/15 (click to show)

Tikal – 4/15 (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post May 11 2014, 12:03 PM
Post #214

Group Icon

Challengers on the Wind is complete!

Participants:
Living Arrow as Lori Pardare
LittleShadowPokemon as Joey J. Sweet

Summary (click to show)
Key Notes (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 15 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #215

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Hadn't realized this was up. This will be quick:

Lori: 15/15

Poor girl needs a victory at some point. Great gym battle though.

Joey: 13/25

Had to dock off for participation. Points are waiting if you choose to return

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #216

Group Icon

And a Golurk

The Voice in My Head is complete and ready for binge reading.

Darius Dovakin- Toogee

Scott Carson/Amber Harrison- 7eeveelutions

Sebastian West- Hydra

Summary (click to show)

Stuff That Happened (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jul 29 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #217

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

I'll take this!

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Aug 20 2014, 08:10 PM
Post #218

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

The Voice in My Head!

Sorry it took so long!

I've been very busy as of late, so I hope you don't mind the shortened scores.

Darius Dovakin - Toogee (click to show)

Scott Carson - 7eeveelutions (click to show)

Sebastian West - Hydra (click to show)

Total: 8/15

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Aug 20 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #219

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Gathering at "The Gateway" has wrapped up!

Dramatis Personae:
Marwan McGuiness, played by A Kitty Cat
Roxanne "Roxxy" Mauden, played by Huntress Wizard
Lori Pardare, played by Living Arrow
&
Taggarty "Tag" Lee, as himself played by Kamaitachi

Summary:
A group of trainers independently arrive at Port Barley, all of whom have the intention of traveling to Fidona. However, they each find that they've missed the most recent ferry for one reason or another, and end up bumming around Port Barley a little bit.

Lori challenges Tag to a battle, while Marwan and Roxxy engage in one of their own.

After a trip to the pokemon center, the four unwittingly gel into a little group all traveling to the ferry together. The social interactions are a bit awkward. However, as they approach the ferry, they're stopped by a group of men in suits who apparently have beef with Tag. Tag tries to get the others in the group to get on the ferry and go, but they're intercepted by other men in suits. A fierce battle ensues.

They ultimately win (with Tag's Enka evolving into an Ampharos), and board the ferry to set off to Fidona.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 19 2014, 09:54 AM
Post #220

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Now Boarding: Review of “Gathering at the Gateway”

This was a good first RP for our newcomers as well as a nice adventure for the vets. Tag’s desire to be a teacher was pretty evident as he went easy on Lori (initially). Roxi pulled no punches in her interactions, while Marwan’s awkwardness was in stark contrast to the social skills of many other trainers (this is a good thing).

Only thing I could add: Try and use the discussion thread for OOC chat.

Marwan McGuiness- A Kitty Cat (click to show)

Roxanne "Roxxy" Mauden- Huntress Wizard (click to show)

Lori Pardare- Living Arrow (click to show)

Taggarty Lee- Kamaitachi (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:59 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.