Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Bible, Truth or Myth?, Discussion about the Bible (any religion)
AshyGames
post Sep 25 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 206 598

Active Squad

Hello all. And good day.

I've always wondered what other peoples views on the Bible were.

I know some people will say it's 100% true, some will say only parts are true. Along with those who say none of it is true.

I just want to know personal opinions.

And possibly why you have that opinion.

My own personal opinion is that the Bible was created by humans. That there is no God. I believe this simply because of all of the contradictions in the Bible, along with all of the horrible things that went on (killings, etc).

If anyone takes offence to this, I apologize in advance. I'm just simply curious.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DamienLee
post Jul 29 2020, 03:21 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 259 618

Active Squad

QUOTE(Asmodeus @ Sep 23 2014, 07:06 PM) *
There is truth in the Bible, but it is not one hundred percent accurate. The original texts are in Ancient Hebrew and Greek, so I wouldn't trust any translations that people today, or even the first translations of the texts into English and just about every other language it is now in to be accurate enough to believe in wholly and undoubtedly. Keep in mind that the Bible is also written by man, and that those who wrote it claim that God spoke to them. We can't actually verify this. There is no proof. Yes, events that happened in the Bible did occur. Yes, relics from those times do exist. This does not mean you should wholly believe in it. Everyone who reads it needs to keep an open mind, and remember to leave room for human interpretation.

Nobody is perfect.

For the most part I agree with you. The Bible provides much as a basic rule for a happy life, but interpretations can distort the meaning to the exact opposite.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:31 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.