Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, All aboard the hype train!
AkaruTheYoshi
post May 7 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #1

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

Well, for those of you who wanted Ruby and Sapphire remakes, your wish is coming true. Here is the trailer for it, along with a worldwide November 2014 release date. So, what are your thoughts? Me, I'm pretty excited to be able to see 3rd Gen in glorious 3D!

This post has been edited by AkaruTheYoshi: May 7 2014, 09:25 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LavenderEyedNine...
post May 7 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #2

Wondering why 'sarcastic' isn't a Pokémon nature.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 24 339

HeartGold Team

I'm excited because the secret bases could be made so, so, so epic with the 3DS connectivity features. Spot pass, etc.

This is the past game I spent the most time playing, and I already know I have to get Omega in honor of my Ruby days.

I hope they expand the world a little bit. If only because they may need more secret base entrances.

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=Credit Where Credit is Due]Banner by xJesstheMess
Avatars by Pheonix Wright (Vulpix in the meadow); Ruki (Ninetales); and LavenderEyedNinetales (Name)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=What do I do as a contributor?]
Site Contributions:
Exploration text for A Journey Through Space and Time, Treasure Hunt of Mysteries, Treasures of the Orange Island, The Order of Terminus Cave
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 7 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

MY FAVOURITE REGION IN 3D WITH REMAKES KJFHJDGHGJDG blargagh.gif
I cannot wait for November now oh my gooooooooooooooooooooood

Man I really hope they keep the secret bases and everything.. I wonder if we'll get new Megas too. Maybe Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert too? (looks like possible mega forms of the weather trio maybe?) hnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post May 7 2014, 11:27 AM
Post #4

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I am so happy right now! I just hope I can actually get the games! Even though I never played Ruby until about a year and a half ago, I love it and can't wait for November! omgyay.gif

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Zombie Zekrom
post May 7 2014, 11:40 AM
Post #5

Got brains? σɰσ
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 881

Randoms <3

Omg I can't wait 'til these come out! dowant.gif I've never been able to play any Gen 3 game (I was in my "too old for Pokémon sorta phase when it came out, and nowadays I don't know any stores close to me that sell any GBA games whatsoever so I can try to buy and play 'em), so I can't wait to finally go through Hoenn for my first time! ^_^.gif And in 3D too, yay!

I'm hoping that now Sceptile and Swampert will get Megas too. *crosses fingers* If only to make it fair to those who like them more than Blaziken, at least. *coughcough* People like me *coughcough* sealed.gif

--------------------

Various Things (click to show)
+Quote Post

DeadMau5Pyro
post May 7 2014, 11:57 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 218 852

My Dream Team

I literally flipped out when I found out there releasing these remakes. I was like KJSJNASJNJJKDSJK MY PRAYER'S ARE ANSWERED! SDFJJNDFDFSFJD HONK! blargagh.gif I'm totally getting Sceptile as my starter (Like in the good old days.) But either way. YAY!

--------------------

(Personal Picture made by a friend of mine.)
+Quote Post

Vande
post May 7 2014, 12:09 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

About freaking time! The tentative box art looks interesting - could be more Mega Forms...i hope.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post May 7 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #8

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I'm kinda neutral on these remakes. I'm not the biggest G3 fan out there. That's when I got my Grumpy Old Lady attitude towards the series.

I'll probably get them, like I do every game.

I hope they make some changes to the game structure and whatnot. I mentioned changes I'd like to see in R/S remakes in another thread. I'll go see if I can dig that up.

EDIT: Found it. Here it is:
QUOTE(Mars Adept Enten)
Anyways, I'm not terribly keen on RSE remakes, but if they do get made, I have a few things I'd like to see:

1. Fix that whole 'cannot change time after setting it at the beginning of the game/have better indicators of time for the tides/other time-based events. It was extremely irritating being unable to change the clock to account for stuff like DST in the originals. And maybe they could have like a 'weather/tide-tracking' add-on for the second one. Because if one happens to be ardent about getting Shell Bells, that would be very useful.

2: Put the PokéNav on the bottom touch screen. 'Nuff said.

3: Have some kind of Berry-tracking capability/PokéBlock assistant. I loved growing Berries back in the day, and still do to the present day. The Berry Tracker app for the Gen IV Pokétch was very helpful in that sense. Also, even though I hate how they took away the spotlight from battling in the animé, I loved doing the contests back then. cat.gif It's a guilty pleasure of mine. So something that would let you input a Berry name or a flavor and give you the probabilities of all the possible PokéBlocks/recommended Berries for PokéBlocks that greatly raise the Contest stat corresponding to the flavor would be great.

4. Have the lead Pokémon follow you like in HG/SS.

5. Add more Diving areas! I loved poking around underwater and after finding all the hidden stuff down there, kind of wanted more underwater areas to explore.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: May 7 2014, 02:40 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post May 7 2014, 04:11 PM
Post #9

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I agree with your update ideas, Mars. They're great.

Hoenn is my least favorite region, but, I'm still really excited for these games. happy.gif My first gen 3 game was actually Emerald, so I'm not too certain which game I'll get. I bought Emerald and then Ruby simply to get Zangoose, but my brother let me play his Sapphire long before both of those, and I really love Kyogre and Seviper. I'm leaning towards Alpha Sapphire right now. Omega's my favorite symbol, though. XD Gahh! Such choices!

I would love to see how this game plays out with the Physical/Special split, and as I have said multiple times across the years, I hope Sceptile's movepool or stats are reworked to be more in sync with each other. He was my first and favorite Hoenn starter and I'd love to journey through with him again.

I'll definitely be looking forward to the news on these games!

inb4 fans across the internet rearrange their timeline canon so that gens 1, 3, and 6 all happened at the same time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post May 7 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #10

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

I'm really excited about these remakes! I used to have Pokemon Sapphire, but that was when I didn't really know much about Pokemon and had no idea what I was doing on that game. I've been wanting to play a Pokemon game in the Hoenn region with all the new Pokemon in it. I think I might get both Alpha and Omega, but I'm probably going to get Alpha first because I like Kyogre more the Groudon.

And I noticed the designs of Kyogre and Groudon on the cover of the games look different than their normal designs (mainly Kyogre).

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post May 8 2014, 08:05 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Let Us In

There's a theory going around that the box art features their mega forms and that the Red and Blue Orbs are now mega stones. The Alpha and Omega symbols on their arms is a cool touch, as well.

The only other thing I could think of is if the art team simply updated their appearances to look as spectacular as the more recent legendaries,but then that would leave Lugia and Ho-Oh as the most "plain" looking, and they could have been updated in HGSS since gen 4 was where the highly detailed legend trend started.

--------------------
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post May 8 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #12

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

Eh, I liked Hoenn the least out of the Pokemon series'. I guess I'm excited, but not to the same degree as most people, seeing as a lot of people are treating this as the best thing to happen ever. Gen III wasn't in need of an update as much as Gens I and II were, but hey, it's Nintendo's IP, they can do what they wanna.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post May 8 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #13

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Let's be honest here, the remakes are something that have been rumoured for years. Do I welcome them all the same? Hell to the Groudon YESSSS. RayquazaRayquazaRayquazaaaa

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Chespin
post May 8 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #14

What?
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 266

Mystery Dungeon

I AM SO EXCITED!

Hoenn in 3D! New features! Hype! I hope they keep something similar to Pokemon-Amie and maybe integrate it with a Pokemon walking with you like in HG/SS. The Secret Bases would be awesome too! I plan on getting Alpha Sapphire, since I have Sapphire. And the new form of Kyogre looks amazing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post May 9 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

I'm one of the people who didn't really like RSE all that much, and Hoenn's my least favourite region.

HOWEVER

I'm super pumped for these remakes since it hopefully means there'll be a significant improvement to Hoenn's design. I also wasn't fond of RSE's soundtrack, but most of X and Y's soundtrack was amazing and I'm really looking forward to remastered tracks.

There's a bunch of things I hope they've addressed and improved, bear in mind that this list is primarily based on personal opinion so feel free to disagree:
Balancing: Hoenn's levels kind of sucked, let's be honest. For example, Wattson's team is in the 20s and the routes adjacent to Mauville that you can access pre-gym have Pokemon around levels 12-15. Grindfest. They could be keeping the 6th gen Exp Share which sorta improves it, but it still sucks. I remember the lategame gyms being pretty rough too compared to the levels of nearby Pokemon. Honestly, the second half of RSE just kinda sucked in general for the most part. Thanks ocean.

The Ocean: Terrible. Diving was okay and I'm looking forward to seeing its full return, but the ocean was absolute crap. Only 3 Pokemon to encounter while Surfing, every Pelpper has Protect. Hopefully the Hoenn Dex gets expanded to include some things from gens 4-6 to add some diversity. Not sure how I feel about the diving maze, it kinda sucks but I'm not sure how GameFreak could improve it.

PSS: X and Y added some great online features that'll hopefully return, but god damn do I ever hate the spam on the PSS. Between random people constantly trying to battle you and the game bringing up suggestions, it's screen that's far more annoying than it is useful. Hopefully if the Poketch becomes the bottom screen it fixes these issues.

Trumpets. -=iii=<() : Most of Hoenn's soundtrack gets really annoying. At least with the changes in hardware through the years there's better sound tech. I'm okay with trumpets, but man hopefully they're toned down and made way less obnoxious. Also a lot of songs had to be pretty short loops of the same 1-2 minutes, which is less of a problem with current hardware. HG/SS added some variety to the existing music and it worked really well, hopefully the same happens to these. For reference since I'm not the best person to be talking about music, compare 2nd Gen New Bark Town to HG/SS New Bark Town.

That being said, there's a ton of things I'm excited for:
Possible New Megas: It's highly likely that we're already getting two with Groudon and Kyogre since they don't look different enough to be new "formes" and Kyogre's glowy parts are more noticeably rainbow-ey. You can kinda see it on Groudon too. I know that trademark list is floating around, but I really can't trust it considering it lists Sceptile and not Swampert. I'm hopeful that since Blaziken got a Mega Evolution that the other two will get ones to match, and we'll hopefully get more outside of those. If that list's not fake, it's outdated so bear that in mind. Most likely Rayquaza will get one too?

Zygarde's New Attacks: I'm guessing these'll come to play in the upcoming games since they're currently unobtainable. Not sure if new form/s or mega?

SEEEEEEEEECRET TUNNELLLLLLLL: Secret Bases? Awesome. If they gave them online functionality, or at least streetpass they'll become even more amazing. Really hope we can visit friends' bases because after swapping safaris my 3DS friends list is kinda huge.

Elements from Emerald: HG/SS brought some stuff over from Crystal, and hopefully the same can be said for OR/AS. Primarily, I'm hoping that the Battle Frontier makes a comeback because I loved battling under gimmicks in 4th gen's Frontier, not to mention I missed out on Emerald's. On that note...

Better Postgame Content: X and Y were pretty light on postgame content. Hax Maison was alright, but I preferred the Battle Frontier's spin on consecutive battles. Other than that, I reached max rank in the Battle Chateau and got all Berry Mutations pretty easily. Not really much else to do other than shiny hunt and level grind things to 100.

Remastered OST: I know I've talked about it already, but most likely I'll be buying the OR/AS soundtrack if they release it on iTunes like the rest.

So yeah, as much as I wasn't that big on 3rd gen and Hoenn I'm pretty hyped for the potential changes and improvements. I'm hopeful that they'll be a big improvement of the things I didn't enjoy.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Ryuko
post May 13 2014, 09:05 AM
Post #16

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

This was by far my favourite gen. I'm glad I won't have to carry around my old DS just to play it now.

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

MythBird
post May 13 2014, 08:31 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 218 558

La la la

Wow, looking forward to the release. Groudon and Kyogre look really cool - a Hoenn remake, yay!
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post May 30 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Let Us In

I hope the regional dex is expanded somewhat, especially to include a variety of fairies, ghosts, ice types, and dragons, and to cut down on the repetition in water.

Flabebe could be found as early as the first route
Carbink and maybe Axew or Gible in either Dewford Cave or Meteor Falls
Frillish in the water routes
Yamask at Mt. Pyre
Phantump in Petalburg Woods
Goomy on Route 119 and the route after Fortree
Eevee could possibly be gifted or just found in the wild around Verdanturf

I'm not sure where to add a variety of ice types in a more accessible manner. Shoal Cave exists, but that's way out close to the end of the game. Sure you can add some down there, but if someone wants to incorporate some into their team a bit earlier, the next best thing would be to add a suitable section to the safari zone or have icy basements in some of the earlier caves. Maybe some in-game gifts or trades could be added.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post May 30 2014, 09:18 PM
Post #19

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Oh, right. Forgot all about the Secret Base thing. Being able to StreetPass swap SB locations would be great, and perhaps even have your 3DS friends' SBs accessible in your game. cat.gif Also, please, please, please implement those inaccessible Regi Trio dolls, KTHX.

Also, this is questionably relevant, but according to Serebii.net, in addition to AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby, Nintendo, GAME FREAK, and Creatures, Inc. have also registered a trademark on DeltaEmerald in Japan and registered domains for them in NA. Granted, DE will likely never be released, as the 'third version' in any given Gen's 'core trio' have never been remade and was likely done to cover their bases in terms of version names. But it's still something to note nonetheless.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: May 30 2014, 09:21 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Jun 2 2014, 12:28 PM
Post #20

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

Honestly, who DIDN'T see a remake of it coming?! What with all of the hints about it in X and Y, I think it was pretty obvious they were going to do something with Hoenn.

Like OP AkaruTheYoshi, I'm looking forward to all of Hoenn in 3D... all of the surfing! IN 3D. The secret bases will be fun in 3D, too (if they decided to bring those back, which I'm seriously hoping they are). I do also hope we can trade with X and Y. Though, what with the Pokébank I don't see why we wouldn't be able to.

Most of all... I will get myself a shiny Poochyena. In the Hoenn region. In memory of the one I got in my old Emerald game which my sister then saved over and I lost.

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:02 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.