Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Ash's Shiny Noctowl?
LuciferMorningst...
post Dec 21 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #1

Fallen1
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 84 917

The Army

So a link that was shared in the discussions here at GPX+ has relit my flame for the first two generations of the anime and something has caught my interest.

Of all the times Ash whips out his shiny Noctowl, particularly:

1.) During the Ecrutek Gym battle with Morty's Gangar
2.) To assist an older Noctowl in safely landing the plane which flew Ash and Co. to Olivine.
Especially in that second instance when the pilot even commented:

"Hey that younger Noctowl's not bad."

Not a single reaction to the fact that it's shiny! I in fact just watched the plane episode and was anticipating it the entire time. What gives?
And yet aspects like Sudowoodo's mimic and an usually powerful execution of even the most common attacks (Ex. the Murkrow trio's Double Team in 'All that Glitters') gets attention.
That seems kinda back-ass-wards to me. Unless somehow shinies are not special in the anime as they are to us as players of the video games.

The fact that Jessie and James view Pikachu as the prize over the shiny Noctowl is the only exception since they are pretty much supposed to be idiots. I have a feeling Cassidy and Butch would figure it out if Ash had to take them on enough. When they performed their "Pokemon Spa" scheme for example they actually examined all their captured pokemon for worthy qualities. They are much more clever that way.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:03 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.