Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Important information about your eggs
Zerxer
post Sep 30 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Update Canceled

In one week, on October 7th, a new system will be put into place that will monitor people's parties for eggs they've had for too long. There's a couple of reasons for this, but the one that makes the most official sense is that eggs need nourishment and if you can't provide it to them in a reasonable amount of time, they need to be taken away so another user can have a shot at it.

What will happen is they will be sent to the shelter. And of course, if they're not adopted within 3 days, they will be gone forever. The amount of time required to hatch them will depend on the maximum maturity the egg needs and, unless changed before then, will range from 3 to 25 days. This range is tentative, but the amount is still being worked out along with getting extra time during each stage (crack) of the egg.

This is yet another big update, like the whole validation fiasco (where unvalidated accounts were given one week to validate before we deleted them all), and we don't want to give people reason to complain that we didn't warn them again. So this announcement is being posted here, with a link at the top of GPXPlus and on the Twitter. It's up to all of you to alert your friends who might be avoiding the site for one reason or another to hatch their eggs if they have anything they really want to keep.

The first run of this new system will affect the most accounts, obviously, so the site might be disabled for a short amount of time on the 7th so it can run uninterrupted with the least amount of lag. I've changed my mind. The countdown for all eggs will start on the 7th, meaning eggs that are already really old will not be instantly affected by this on the 7th. However, the site will still be turned offline temporarily while the system inputs the starting countdown for every egg.

EDIT: Also, eggs that are ready to be hatched will not be affected by this.

Please don't do something stupid like abandon all of your Pokémon and leave the site because of this announcement. The idea isn't even 100% thought up yet, and is definitely bound to change. We will make sure we do as much as we can to implement this AND keep people safe and happy who still come on the site, if only once a week.

Read the last post in this thread.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Istas Holywell
post Sep 30 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 23 234

Goal Team for Yellow

I know the latest update says you guys are going to take away eggs that can't be 'provided' for and hatched in a timely manner. But I was wondering, what happens if you're in college and can only get on so much but try your hardest to get the eggs hatched in a timely manner but those people that click you back or click you first only one click on one egg, and likely NOT the one you want clicked on most even if you do state it.

Does that mean even though we're trying to hatch our eggs that we're screwed? I'm sorry but that's what I'm getting from this and I... I'm not sure how 3-25 days for people that go to school almost 12-7 and work another 4-7 are going to have this be fair to them. Even if they are working as hard as they can to hatch the eggs... some will just be loosing all the time they spent trying to hatch the egg and more might even lose interest because of this. I know I've got one event egg from last month's event I'm TRYING to hatch and it just seems to take forever because while I have it on other sites in my signature and keep clicking things I get A LOT of one clicks and it just doesn't go very fast in general. I know some people are Super popular and can get them hatched in 3 days or 25 days...

but what about the people that aren't or don't have that much time but still really want to hatch the egg....?

I know this is my first ever like Legendary egg... and to hear now that I'm going to loose it because I have college; and other things to keep me from putting in a lot of time even though I'm trying to hatch it, just kind of ... idk...

It feels like a site I play for fun and novelty of it is just taking that away and it feels like I shouldn't even bother with the eggs anymore unless I have no life and have all day to poke at people's eggs...

I didn't really know where else to post this because that topic is locked....

--------------------

eggies~

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Oct 1 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #3

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

The reason why that system is implemented is mainly due to people just only logging on to get the bloody event eggs and vanishing, leaving the core players with nothing. I am a mass clicker so I can see trends occurring when I click. Trends don't lie and quite frankly speaking- I am sick of seeing people just log on to get the event and never log on until the next event. A lot of core players were screwed out of stuff from Sept's event mainly because it was stuff that everyone wanted. Especially Jirachi and Primal Dialga.

The higher the maturity the more time you have to hatch them. It doesn't take that long to get a 5120 egg hatched even for a normal person who gets on average 300 clicks a day. 25 days for a legendary is more than generous. They took into account of college and real life getting in the way. But seriously- even with a craptastic connection and or computer you can still get about 300 a day and chances are- you will get clicks back.

If you have a somewhat so so connection and computer using stuff like snap links, tab kit, keyboard commands such as ctrl tab to move one tab forward, ctrl shift tab to move one tab back, ctrl shit w to close out all tabs/unprotected tabs (depends if you have tab kit or not) then clicking is NOT an issue.

People are just lazy or generally selfish and I for one am glad that this system is in place. It allows for people to be more active and for less people to be so selfish about event eggs and the like.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lemons
post Oct 1 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 992

Current Pearl Team

Honestly, I'm a little iffy on it. I go through the online list at least once or twice a day and snaplinks click quite a few people at once, and most times only half of them click back, if I'm lucky.

I hatched an eevee egg about half an hour ago. I've had that egg since the 14th, and even with mass clicking the online list once or twice a day every two to three days, it still took me this long to hatch it.

I average hatching one to maybe three eggs a week even with mass clicking, because no matter how many people I click, I just never seem to get enough clicks in one day to get more than 1-200 maturity on an egg.

Ionno. Maybe I'm just biased because it takes me so long to hatch eggs.

--------------------
I give clicks for clicks~

Follow Lapras to party~

Fashion Lover's Association Ribbons: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Oct 1 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Active Squad

If you find the online list iffy then try clicking people who have shown activity within the past five minutes or so. I tend to do that a lot and get a fair majority of clicks back. Also try out some of the mass clickers on the stats page and their pal pads. Those are pretty reliable as well. There are a lot of different options to get faster clicks back and I personally find those the most reliable.

--------------------

+Quote Post

swizzxmizz
post Oct 1 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 540

Active Squad

My very first legendary it took me a little over a month to hatch (i'm sure the same with others), and thats when i clicked fairly well. Now, My computer is slower, and i'm only getting like 5-20 clicks per day. And thats the case (i'm sure) with other people too. And yes, what about school and work? It's not like you get one egg one day and before its even hatched you lose it to the shelter.

~Spiikkie

--------------------
thaaaaannks.
+Quote Post

Adriana88
post Oct 1 2009, 01:06 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 235

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lemons @ Oct 1 2009, 07:40 AM) *
and even with mass clicking the online list once or twice a day every two to three days, it still took me this long to hatch it.

Try clicking online list a little more often.At least that is what I do.I go to online list, click somebody from it, then I go again to online list and click him or her again, and I do that all the time.Not just 2-3 times. wink.gif

--------------------

Click my eggs.

I claim politoed.gif and torterra.gif
+Quote Post

Schala
post Oct 1 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 846

Favorites

Honestly, I'm less worried about the number of clicks (though I don't usually get that many) than I am about things like computer/internet problems and extended periods without internet access.

Say you're fairly active, and you're lucky enough to get an event egg that you really wanted. You're well on your way to hatching it, and you won't have a problem getting it hatched within the time limit. Then, your router starts acting up, and suddenly you're without internet. You spend some time trying to fix it, and then have to resort to buying a new one. By the time you get your internet working, your egg is ready to hatch, but because you didn't hatch it within the time limit, it was sent to the shelter and someone else picked it up. This also applies to going on a trip without a computer, and other similar occurrences. Over this past summer, I went on a trip. It was a few weeks long, and I didn't have access to a computer beyond five minutes to check my email (it was the hotel lobby computer, so I couldn't spend much time on it). If I went on another trip like that, what would happen to my eggs?

Another problem is that I know at least one person on here (and I'm sure that there's more of them here) who only has internet on the weekends because he can only get it when visiting his grandmother during that time. I'm not saying that there isn't a good reason for the change, just that it's going to negatively affect a lot of people who aren't the ones who only come on for events.

(Please forgive any stupid spelling/grammar mistakes, its after two in the morning here.)

--------------------

Warm/feed mine, and I'll return the favor. I feed the correct berries.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 1 2009, 01:12 AM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

@^: Eggs that are ready to be hatched won't be affected.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

John102
post Oct 1 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 830

Active Squad

1280 exp=Appx. 32 interactions
2560 exp=Appx. 64 interactions
3840 exp=Appx. 96 interactions
5120 exp=Appx. 129 interactions
6400 exp=Appx. 160 interactions
7680 exp=Appx. 190 interactions
8960 exp=Appx. 224 interactions
10240 exp=Appx. 256 interactions
20480 exp=Appx. 512 interactions
30720 exp=Appx. 768 interactions

30,720exp/ 24 days= 1280 exp points a day/ 40 exp per interaction= 32 interactions.

So, you only need to get 32 interactions a day for that pokemon in order to make it in time...And you actually can do a little less than that, I used 24 days since it came out even, you actually have one more day so, yeah...

This post has been edited by John102: Oct 1 2009, 01:15 AM

--------------------

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Schala
post Oct 1 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 846

Favorites

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Oct 1 2009, 02:12 AM) *
@^: Eggs that are ready to be hatched won't be affected.

Ah, then that gets rid of most of my fears about it. Thanks for the clarification.

--------------------

Warm/feed mine, and I'll return the favor. I feed the correct berries.
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Oct 1 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Active Squad

If you know about your trip before hand and know that you won't be able to hatch it then it's only better for you to put out pokemon rather than get eggs. Like I said before, the system was brought up due to an ungodly amount of people who ONLY LOG ON TO GET EVENTS AND NEVER HATCH THEM.

I see people try to hatch their legends from the last event (bidofo) and can understand when real life decides to take a turn for the worst. However the fact that a lot of people are being selfish kinda really doesn't make it any more fairer than to people who actually take the time and to try to play the game.

And if people know that they're going to take forever to hatch a legendary, then quite frankly they shouldn't gun for it at all. I know some people who understand this situation and actually drop their legendaries because they know that they will never have the time to hatch them. Yes it sucks that you won't be able to have that legendary but it's better than letting it rot in your party for months on end taunting people who are active on the site with something that they didn't get and could actually hatch and appreciate because you aren't decisive enough to know when to let go.

This post has been edited by Admiral Cereus: Oct 1 2009, 01:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lemons
post Oct 1 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 992

Current Pearl Team

QUOTE(Adriana88 @ Oct 1 2009, 02:06 AM) *
QUOTE(Lemons @ Oct 1 2009, 07:40 AM) *
and even with mass clicking the online list once or twice a day every two to three days, it still took me this long to hatch it.

Try clicking online list a little more often.At least that is what I do.I go to online list, click somebody from it, then I go again to online list and click him or her again, and I do that all the time.Not just 2-3 times. wink.gif

Currently I don't have a job, which is why I can even do that often in the first place. I have a few interviews and if I'm hired, chances are I won't have time to go on more than once or twice, a day, but. Don't know. We'll see, I guess. It's possible that even with a job I'll have time to click the online list more than once or twice a day.

Zerxer: Is this change going to apply to eggs obtained before the 7th and all eggs not hatched within the new limits before the 7th will be put in the shelter, or will it only affect eggs obtained on/after the 7th?

--------------------
I give clicks for clicks~

Follow Lapras to party~

Fashion Lover's Association Ribbons: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Oct 1 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Active Squad

Zerxer: Is this change going to apply to eggs obtained before the 7th and all eggs not hatched within the new limits before the 7th will be put in the shelter, or will it only affect eggs obtained on/after the 7th?

From the wording in the topic post it would seem that it starts on the 7th and would be in effect from there onwards.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Oct 1 2009, 01:22 AM
Post #15

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Lemons @ Oct 1 2009, 02:18 AM) *

Like I said in the update post, the first run of it will be the biggest, which means it will affect everything from before that point. All those people who are currently hoarding eggs that they've had for months will lose them.

Also, the 3-25 days could still change before the 7th. I mentioned that too. All of your worries will be taken into account.

EDIT: I'm just going to merge this thread with the update thread and open the other.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Starscreamer
post Oct 1 2009, 01:35 AM
Post #16

It begins with star, and ends in your scream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 145

Plushi collection :3

Oh F***. (sorry) I better go tell my friends. But with school and going away lots of peeps may loose legend eggs.

--------------------

random links (click to show)

needs moar starscream (click to show)

+Quote Post

sky queen3
post Oct 1 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 792

3/3 is awesome!

Wait, does this mean all eggs have to be hatched by the end of the week? And how long is 'too long'. it took me about a month to hatch my Rayquaza. rayquaza.gif worried.gif facepalm.gif

--------------------
cat.gif

It's been a while, but the plusle.gif and minun.gif fan is back!

Ladies and gentlemen, I finally did it! (and she's a female.)
+Quote Post

Horse Divorce
post Oct 1 2009, 08:29 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 684

HURF DURF

Yeaaaaah, I'm still not seeing any answers about what happens if you have internet/computer problems or get sick or have some sort of emergency.

--------------------

This is the way the world ends
Not with an Exploud but a Whismur.

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Oct 1 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

What if people are active but just don't get enough clicks seems unfair to lose a legendary or novelty just because its not ready to hatch. Not too bothered over othereggs can easy get them again but legendary and novelty are hard enough to get once never mind twice or more. I think it is one of the better ideas though as there are loads of legendarys I've seen that was got months back. Maybe a month to hatch 30,000 eggs would be better. Also why not send ready to hatch eggs to shelter if they have not been hatched in a week or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Oct 1 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #20

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

I think some people are failing to realize that it isn't a matter of how many clicks YOU make, but how many people DECIDE to click you [back]. Just yesterday, half of the people I clicked did not click me back. That's about 25-30 people.

EDIT** I think that every time an egg hits a new stage, more time should be added to get it up another stage.

This post has been edited by Pizza Guy111: Oct 1 2009, 08:34 AM

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:04 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.